PDA

View Full Version : Best Game Ever?

tilen76
01-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Since we've been asking each other so many questions lately, I thought we could list our top 3 (or more) games that we have ever played and enjoyed.

Here's mine top 3 all time list:

1. Civilization (I, II and III)
2. Age of Empires 2
3. Need for Speed series

I also like Mafia and Baldur's Gate II, but haven't finished them yet, because I just don't have that much time to play computer games anymore :( And I shouldn't forget all that Sierra and George Lucas adventures (Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, Indiana Jones, Sam&Max, ...), but there are just too many of them to fit in a short list.

Post yours all time greatest.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-09-2003, 06:25 PM
1.SEXUAL PURSUITS
2.SEX PARTY
3.Leisure Suit larry(all of them)

FC B)

v_Virus_v
01-09-2003, 06:26 PM
Resident evil series
Silent hill series
Aoe The Conquerors

I know u said three but i got two more I like- Half life TFC & Tomb raider series

4play
01-09-2003, 06:40 PM
the mario brothers games all
goldeneye
and
erm erm championship manager.

i have lost many a day of my life playing and mastering these games.

Jonne
01-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Here's mine top 3 all time list:

1. Civilization (I
another civilization I fan!
yes! i still play it from time to time...

ugluk
01-09-2003, 07:22 PM
1. Civilization (I,II,III! but of course, civ 3 is the best! anyone play the expansion yet?)

i can't rank my other favorites! they all share 2:nd place.

aliens vs predator 2
Return to caste Wolfenstein (+ wolfenstein 3d and doom 1,2!)
Ground Control
Dune 2 (and red alert series. i have only played red alert over LAN. great fun!)
Serious Sam (oh yeah!)
Jedi Knight series
Simcity 2000 (and 3000) (can't wait for sc4! one week to go!)
Tomb Raider series
Duke Nukem series (manhattan project was great! when will 3drealms finish duke nukem forever.. :( )
No one lives forever 1 & 2. (currenlty playing nolf 2 B) )

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, i like to play! :D

jetje
01-09-2003, 09:11 PM
1 leisure suit Larry
2 dune2
3 wolf3d

I know these are older games, but the gameplay they had for their time was great, a lot of game you and me play now are spinoff of these blockbusters of their time. While writing this down decide to start playing dune2 again on an old p200mmx i have here

iBLoStboY
01-09-2003, 09:13 PM
1. battlefield 1942
2. Ghost Recon
3. GtA

as you can tell from my choices i don't play that many computer games but battlefield 1942 is an awesome game - check it out if you haven't played it already -

Infested Cats
01-09-2003, 09:23 PM
1.) Half-Life (By far, because of the engines flexibility, and of all the mods it's spawned)
2.) Star-Craft (fun used-map-settings games!)
3.) The Neverhood (One of the best games i'll probably ever play)

wiz
01-10-2003, 01:14 AM
1) Myst (you've got to have patience to play it)
2) myst lll exile (a bit harder than myst excelent graphics)
3) Civilization ll (a dam good game)

Colt Seevers
01-10-2003, 02:51 AM

http://www.g.mcareavey.btinternet.co.uk/mypics/elite.jpg

http://www.g.mcareavey.btinternet.co.uk/mypics/wotef.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00001KUII.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Spankingly good! B)

neevakee
01-10-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by ugluk@9 January 2003 - 13:22
1. Civilization (I,II,III! but of course, civ 3 is the best! anyone play the expansion yet?)

Yeah it is almost not even worth downloading it has so many bugs. The expansion pack almost ruins what is a great game. all so it crashes like crazy. I haven't hear of someone that completed a whole game with out a crash. Yet civ3 is a wonderful and adtictive game.

stoi
01-10-2003, 03:23 AM
here are my all time favourite games.

1. Sensible World of Soccer = Amiga

2. Final Fantasy Series if you want the bast one it has to be 7 = PSX/PS2

3. Goldeneye = Nintendo 64

and i have to put the championship manager series up there somewhere.

deckard
01-10-2003, 04:08 AM
Cool topic! I've been so much involved in the chase for movies that I forgot how much I like computer games.

First person shooter: Return to Castle Wolfenstein, or Mechwarrior 3 (God I want 4, may have to buy it)
Haven't tried Medal of Honor yet, I suspect that I'll love it.

Racing simulator: Star Wars Podracer or Need For Speed Porsche

Flight Simulator: Il-2 Sturmovik or Janes WWII Fighters. Also Freespace is a great spaceflight sim.

Real-Time Wargame: Shogun Total War or Stronghold. Sudden Strike isn't bad either, though a little frustrating.

Turn-based wargame: All of the Atomic Software/Avalon Hill/V for Victory series (Utah Beach, Velikie Lukie, Gold-Juno-Sword, Stalingrad, Market Garden, Crusader) Pretty long in the tooth but still the finest series of operational level games ever produced. For strategic/theater wide wargames, Grigsby's Second Front, Pacific War & Liberation of Europe. Again, very old but still the best. For tactical/small unit, Steel Panthers World At War. Close Combat: Normandy seems to be a pretty accurate simulation but it's kind of tedious. (& now that I think of it, that's a real-time game, it just moves so slowly that you feel like it's turn-based) And going back to the mists of time, SSI's mid-80's American Civil War and Napoleonic games are surprisingly good, though the AI is frequently screwy: Rebel Charge at Chickamauga, Antietam, Gettysburg, and Battles of Napoleon.

Fantasy 1st person RPG: Morrowind or Heroes of Might and Magic III (not really 1st person but fantasy nonetheless) For an oldie, Sid Meier's Pirates! is still one of my faves.

(I keep coming back to edit because I keep remembering games)

XXXX (Explore, Expand, Exploit and Exterminate) game: Civilization II and III are both great but I prefer Europa Universalis II for its great diplomatic interaction and well-researched historical contexts and events. And Meier's Alpha Centauri is a nice spin on the Civilization format. Master of Orion II is great but I thought it was really difficult at the more challenging levels. There is also a really old game called Imperium that is short on graphics but long on complex interaction.

BTW for a lot of free downloadable out of production games try this site:

http://old.the-underdogs.org/Menu.htm

Does anybody know of a good first person AFV (tank) sim? Microprose's M1A1 Abrams was pretty good but that software went the way of my Amiga long, long ago.

So many games, so little time... :P

Bender
01-10-2003, 12:18 PM
1. Gran Turismo, all off them, on Playstation.
2. Command & Conquer.
3. Leisure Suit Larry I.

The only games I ever completely finished.

@ Deckard: Nice site!

TClite
01-10-2003, 12:31 PM
half life - Day Of Defeat online multiplayer mod
medal of honer (love ww2 shoot em ups)
GTA (all series)

kiwi
01-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Steel Panthers World At War (Free game from Matrixgames)
Civ III
Medal Of Honour Allied Assault

A wargamer from the days of 1/300th scale minitures and a big table.

Colt Seevers
01-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by deckard@10 January 2003 - 04:08
Does anybody know of a good first person AFV (tank) sim? Microprose's M1A1 Abrams was pretty good but that software went the way of my Amiga long, long ago.

So many games, so little time... :P
Very true Deckard! Tank sim the only kinda good tank sim I can remember was Battlezone, there is a Battlezone 2 but never got round to that. More of a sci-fi tank sim, but still it's all good. Close Combat a bridge too far was fun reminded me of that great movie, everytime I watched it I just had to have, one more go!

Stoi I'm with you when it comes to footie ;) , where has CM4 got to? I think we should warn all the folks on this forum that we may be 'M.I.A' for sometime when CM4 comes out :P

El_Jefe
01-10-2003, 01:00 PM
I've been looking for a good tank sim for ages. There's one in the stores called steel beasts(a couple years old, I think), but I'm pretty sure the reviews for it were pretty bad.

4play
01-10-2003, 01:59 PM
i can't believe no one has mentioned street fighter 2 best game ever. :rolleyes:

sorry had to add another one. i just found the rom for it for my emulator and Ģ9.99 later i have a contoller just like the snes for my pc.

im in heaven. :lol:

tilen76
01-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Just posting to make this topic alive again, since it seems that a lot of new members has joined the forum lately and they could also post their favourite 3 computer games here.

So new (and old) members, feel free to post here

Btw: looks like there's lots of Civ fans here. Very good.

MagicNakor
01-11-2003, 01:03 AM
1. Morrowind
2. King's Quest 5 through 8
3. Wizardry 8 (even though I haven't beaten it yet)

Rip The Jacker
01-11-2003, 01:11 AM
At the moment....

1. Grand Theft Auto 3 (I shot an old lady and stole her car :lol: )
2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Kick some ass)
3. Medal of Honor Allied Assault (WW2 all over again)

anrkist
01-11-2003, 02:11 AM
Played so many.. its hard to choose. Ill just go by what I played the most of and lost track of time with.

Doom 2 (1 year of life)
Quake 2 (1 1/2 years of life)
Tribes 1 & 2 (few months)
Splinter Cell (xbox is PC enough) (few days.. I beat it)
Half Life - DOD (few months)
Quake 2 Digital Paintball (3 years)

smellycat
01-11-2003, 02:19 AM
me showing my age :D

1) Elite (spectrum)
still only Deadly !!!

2) nethack
killed by eating the corpse of famine ....

3) Alpha Centurai
Better than C+C :P
My favourite game, which I still keep playing.

mdhodges45
01-11-2003, 10:45 AM
BATTLEFIELD
BATTLEFIELD
BATTLEFIELD

n18
01-11-2003, 05:19 PM
1. Adam Malysz Ski Jumping 2002
2. The Thing
3. Legend of Mir (http://legendofmir.net)

and Number 1 Demo would have to be Quake 3, got to love the multiplayer :-D countless hours of demolicous fun

Spindulik
01-11-2003, 08:57 PM
1. Unreal Tournament (Not the crappy 2003 edition)
2. Max Payne
3. Super Nintendo's classic ZELDA

Twist3r
01-12-2003, 01:54 AM
UNREAL TOURNAMENT
ROGUE SPEAR
AGE OF EMPIRES 2

Skweeky
01-12-2003, 02:05 AM
1. Phantasmagoria/ GT (I always won, hehehe)

2.Leisure Suit Larry

3. Alchemy/Passage/Space Invaders

stoislover
01-12-2003, 05:53 PM
hiya my favourite games are final fantasy all of them,,quake 1 and 2,..half life..silent hill.spryo yawn..lol.might and magic.basically first person shooters..

bradbury_press
01-30-2003, 03:57 PM
my 2 cents on this one...

Grand Prix Legends - best racing sim ever made. even though many years old it is still being played massively online and has a hardcore community with mods galore. the physics engine was years ahead of its time (papyrus using a only slighty modified version for the current nascar 4!), and the classic late 60's era of F1 racing is outstanding. if you love real racing simulation, get this. get it now! (not for the faint of heart however, the game didn't sell too well due to the huge learning curve, but if you have the patience it is a sublime racing experience. nothing else comes close.)

Falcon 3.0 - a buggy system hogging nightmare when it came out, but i can still remeber how amazing it was to see a whole theater of ops that was alive and dynamic with all the different aircraft and such. a classic and revolutionary game. took years for other flight sims to catch up to this level of immersion and realism IMO.

Pirates! - the original sid meier masterpiece. pretty simple and of course ancient history, but few games if any have ever captivated me so thoroughly. there has still never been a better pirate game, and ive tried em all believe me. i still play this game with WinUAE amiga emulator sometimes, lol!

Alpha Centauri - turn based strategy at its finest. i still play this oldish title both single player and online with friends. sid meier again, man the guy rules. great balance and gameplay, great concept and vision within the game, with wonderful storyline and personalities.

Age of Empires II / Conquerors Expansion - the first AOE was awesome, but the second absolutely blew me away. this game set the standard for RTS for years to come and is still my favorite by far even with huge amount of titles out there now. such attention to detail and thoroughness is rarely found in a game. and its solid as a rock too. i dont recall it ever crashing on me once, and thats years of playing...

Thief / Thief II - First Person Sneaker :) - this game defined a new term for first person games, and is still a great title. the storyline is fabulous and intriguing, and it is immersive like few games you will ever play. there is quite a mod community for this game still to this day, and it continues to be a favorite.

Baldur's Gate / Icewind Dale / Plancesacpe Torment / Neverwinter Nights / Etc - the folks over at bioware and black isle finally came through with an outstanding game based upon the D&D system, and have continued to up the ante each time. each of these titles is absolutely awesome, and neverwinter nights has revolutionized the FRP gaming scene here recently. a far cry ssi's from pool of radiance, et al, eh? :)

Sim City 4 - bought this soon after it came out, and i cant say enough about it. i have played and loved all the sim city games, but this one is unbelievable. if you havent gotten it yet, get it. its the best yet, and on a whole new level.

Rollercoaster Tycoon II- i admit it, i am addicted to this game in a big way. all the cool things about the original, and massive amounts of additional content, this game is like crack, help i cant stop playing! :)

well, i said 2 cents. seems more like 50 cents, heh.
didnt want to leave anything out though. of course im sure i did....

Benno
01-30-2003, 05:34 PM
1. Morrowind
2. Medal of Honor: AA
3. Max Payne

ooo
01-30-2003, 05:54 PM
1. Age of Mythology
2. Warcraft III
3. Diablo II: L.O.D.

--- probably have others but these r the ones that i play more often ... since i tend to like them more...

krome
01-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Mines is

1. Quake III
2. Counter Strike
3. Starcraft

mrcall1969
01-30-2003, 07:54 PM
My top 3 are -

1- GTA Vice City
2- Tomb Raider 2
3- Simpsons Road Rage (Excellent with your mates when your hammered)

Ynhockey
01-30-2003, 07:58 PM
1) Heroes of Might and Magic II & III (IV is ok too, but it's just not top material. The other 2 are too old, but still playable)
Genre: Turn-Based Strategy
2) StarCraft (and Brood War)
Genre: Real-Time Strategy
3) NHL 98 (too old now, but for its time I think it was at the top)
Genre: Sports

krome
01-30-2003, 10:47 PM
What do you all think is the most addictive game for PC is ???

Knuckles187
01-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Counter-strike

if im not in a good mood it is fun to nail people...

if i am in an ok mood it is fun to get involved in the game

if i am in a good mood it is great to watch them die :)

bwahahah :)

brotherdoobie
01-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Deus EX (g.o.t.y.e.) It rules!

Peace brotherdoobie

krome
01-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Counter-strike ownz!!

NikkiD
01-30-2003, 11:41 PM
Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake (all versions of them) - I love blowing stuff up. Especially with the BFG...

krome
01-30-2003, 11:45 PM
BFG Spammer, LOL j/k :lol:

ugluk
01-31-2003, 12:24 AM
all of the above, but the no 1 addictive game has to be:

Civilization!

you can never stop playing! :D

Laike
01-31-2003, 12:25 AM
My little sister says the Sims, I say Starcraft!!!

gregster007
01-31-2003, 12:25 AM
Championship Manager; all of them. New one come's out soon.

tilen76
01-31-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ugluk@31 January 2003 - 01:24
all of the above, but the no 1 addictive game has to be:

Civilization!

you can never stop playing! :D
You got that right. ;)

Imagine this:
It's 1AM...you say to yourself: just one more round and I'll go to bed...next time you look at the clock: it's 5AM. And you're still playing that "one more round". :P

krome
01-31-2003, 12:45 AM
Championship Manager? Never heard of it... *scatches head* :rolleyes:

MagicNakor
01-31-2003, 12:51 AM
Morrowind. There's such a large modding community for it you could literally play for years.

krome
01-31-2003, 12:52 AM
never played morrowind, i heard it's awsome

Infested Cats
01-31-2003, 12:53 AM
it's a tie between Team Fortress Classic and Counter-Strike.

TFC cause it's my favorite deathmatch game EVER. It's so easy to jump into a game and start fragging people!! I'm a great sniper btw..
CS cause well... cant argue with "the most popular mod EVER"

plus, i love when the server has FF enabled.. HAHAA :D

gregster007
01-31-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Kromeign@31 January 2003 - 00:45
Championship Manager? Never heard of it... *scatches head* :rolleyes:
Championship Manager is a football (soccer) management game. You take control of any team in europe and well... manage them (buy/sell train players etc...).
If your into football (soccer) management games then this game is the dog's bollocks!!

Chilly
01-31-2003, 02:20 AM
gregster007 Good choice very Addictave.

Did you put that patch in to make your own players? with all the best skills? ;)

gregster007
01-31-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Chilly@31 January 2003 - 02:20
gregster007 Good choice very Addictave.

Did you put that patch in to make your own players? with all the best skills?  ;)
Another fan of CM; nice one. B)

Nah didn't use any cheat, started with a team in the conference and tried to build them up took ages though. I stopped playing though about 2 months ago because i want to wait for the new version, CM 4 which is out on 28 Feb 03 which has got the following leagues in it:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Columbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, N. Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, S. Africa, S. Korea, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, USA, Wales, Yugoslavia.
39 in total.
And mostly because i want to play with AFC Wimbledon (the new dons in the Combined Counties League) and take them to the top. :D

More info about the game can be found at SIgames (http://www.sigames.com)

SuperJude™
01-31-2003, 02:41 AM
Max Payne, all the way.

I really liked Syphon Filter when it came out and Max Payne was like Syphon Filter on steroids. Flying through the air, in slow mo, with 2 ingrams, shooting 2 guys in front of you , flipping, then shooting two guys behind you all in one move?

Awesome!

At the end the game got boring because if you are a real gamer you get the hang of it a quarter of the way through, but it was a pretty dark story, and I thought the dream levels were a neat idea.

The configuration on the pc is easy, with quicksave at the touch of the F5 button. You get to kill about 600+ bad guys, burn junkies, avenge your wife, the whole 9.

Can't wait for 2 to come out.

-SJ™

Spindulik
01-31-2003, 02:43 AM
Unreal Tournament (when playing online)

Chilly
01-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Have to see if i can get a copy.

God i spent some time on that game let me tell ya LOL :D

I will have to try and dig that out and give it a bash again.

krome
01-31-2003, 02:54 AM
oh ok :ph34r:

krome
01-31-2003, 03:27 AM
U guys think Everquest is one??

I heard people lost there Marriages over it....
Also People spend over 20 Hours playin it ? Jeez

I never played it so i wouldn&#39;t no <_<

deckard
01-31-2003, 04:24 AM
I spent an entire year playing the original Civilization, and just about nothing but. That was on an Amiga. Gary Grigsby&#39;s Pacific War and War In Russia are the most enduring...I started playing those more than ten years ago and still play them pretty often.

&#39;The best game&#39; is impossible for me to say. There are so many of them.

deckard
01-31-2003, 04:30 AM
Lately, Morrowind. The Civilizaltion series was remarkable that way too. Doom had it&#39;s run, but I&#39;m kind of flat on first person shooters these days. Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe kept me occupied for several months, as did Steel Panthers, both in its original incarnation and in the Matrix Games re-design.

The most addictive game? Too many of them.

jetje
01-31-2003, 10:56 AM
Tetris..... The older persons on the board probably know when it came out, everyone who ever tried it was hooked. There are still a lot that have that capability. But tetris was the biggest addiction.

NikkiD
01-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by jetje@31 January 2003 - 11:56
Tetris..... The older persons on the board probably know when it came out, everyone who ever tried it was hooked. There are still a lot that have that capability. But tetris was the biggest addiction.
Still have it, still play it. Does that make me old? :lol: :lol: :lol:

tilen76
01-31-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@31 January 2003 - 13:20
Still have it, still play it. Does that make me old? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Playing games only makes you young. :D

I have a different concern. Does playing games at my age makes me immature and childish? :rolleyes:

Benno
01-31-2003, 01:21 PM
for me its Morrowind - this game just makes you addictive

Originally posted by SuperJude™@31 January 2003 - 03:41
Max Payne, all the way.

Max Payne was really one of the best but unfortunately way to short :angry:
just waiting for part 2 now

Knuckles187
01-31-2003, 02:03 PM
welli used to play UT online a helluva lot as a sniper i am the ultimate zoom and fire

but i lost my CD of it....

may try to buy one at some time....

umm what else....

yeh basically CS

i play other half life mods but i always rol back to CS mine is pretty much customised with my own weapon skins/sounds... e.g my awp is actually a psg1 :)

Luca_Snipes
01-31-2003, 02:09 PM
must be solitare that comes with windows - spend hours on that :)

also TFC & colin Mcrae 2

CW64
01-31-2003, 02:19 PM
At the time Rainbow Six was the absolute nuts, I spent every spare minute (and some not so spare :D ) whilst at Uni playing it online.

krome
01-31-2003, 03:00 PM
Have ever u guys played a game 15 or more hours straight?? IF so then *Damn* :o and which game? :D

Luca_Snipes
01-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Kromeign@31 January 2003 - 16:00
Have ever u guys played a game 15 or more hours straight?? IF so then *Damn* :o&nbsp; and which game?&nbsp; :D
once had a 20hour game of age of empires 2 - we started at like 9pm - that was a long night
also tend to do that when having Diablo2 games, we manage 3 hours sleep over a 3day weekend

krome
01-31-2003, 03:21 PM
damn that long huh, Jeezz :lol:

ugluk
01-31-2003, 07:42 PM
my friends and I played Doom 2 deathmatch (when doom2 was new... long time ago now&#33;), and the longest session was at least 15 hours. :D

jetje
01-31-2003, 07:55 PM
Dune 2 started and only stopped when it was finished abot 36hours later :rolleyes:

had the same with Warcraft 2

CW64
02-01-2003, 03:15 AM
I managed 72 hours (barring breaks for food etc but no sleep) on rainbow six, I think living next to an indian take-away helped :)) afterwards I slept for 24 hours -_- -_- RB6 was my first FPS and online gaming experience I was totally hooked.

krome
02-01-2003, 03:22 AM
holy s&** 72 hours now that crazzzy :huh:

deckard
02-01-2003, 06:05 AM
NikkiD Posted: 30 January 2003 - 16:41
Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake (all versions of them) - I love blowing stuff up. Especially with the BFG...

I have this serious thing for Rambettes...You know, Ripley, especially in Aliens, Sarah Connor, and even Buffy, though she&#39;s a little young for me. Dunno what it is about a chick in combat harness with a BFG, but I think it&#39;s really sexy.

But I&#39;m probably fortunate not to have married one. :lol:

NikkiD
02-01-2003, 12:26 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In light of your post deckard, I have changed my avatar...

Nightwolf
02-01-2003, 06:24 PM
1) Zork I, II, and III (which most of you are probably too young to remember)

2) Doom I and II

3) Grand Theft Auto 3

Honorable Mention:

Warcraft 2

Baldur&#39;s Gate

deckard
02-01-2003, 06:32 PM
"You are in a big open field west of a big white house with a boarded door..." B)

Godma
02-02-2003, 12:12 AM
MOH:AA online...that&#39;s pretty addictive.

Godma
02-02-2003, 12:16 AM
MOH:AA

Microsoft Flight Sim : Pacific theater

Can&#39;t think of a third.

Paul_NFFC
02-02-2003, 12:34 AM
1) grand theft auto series
2)resident evil series
3)battlefield 1942

Siras
02-18-2003, 07:24 AM
I was wondering what is the best game ever because i want to play it well i like grand theft auto vice city and solider of fortune 2.
bugger there are heaps of really good games out there.
so tell me what u think

I_DONT_SHARE_PORN
02-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Sim City

TRshady
02-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Dungeons & dragons on the seag mega drive

Supernatural
02-19-2003, 01:32 PM
1. Super Mario 64
2. Street Fighter 2
3. Half-Life
4. GTA3
5. Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
6. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
7. Gran Turismo 2
8. Resident Evil
9. Metal Gear Solid
10. Unreal Tournament

These are the best games of ALL TIME.

Xyrex
02-19-2003, 08:40 PM
1: Earth 2150 series
2: Doom (ultimate and II)
3: Star Trek Armada
4: Star Wars Alliance
5: Shivers
6: Populous 3
7: 7th Legion

Rocktron
02-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Okay my games are very old but still..., here they are&#33;

1 - Dungeon Master and Dungeon Master II Chaos Strikes Back
2 - Eye Of the Beholder I II and III
3 - Prince of Persia I and II
4 - Commander Keen (all parts)
5 - Myst (all parts)
5 - Might and Magic (some parts)
6 - Zork I II and III (some people still remember that Nightwolf ;)&#33; )
7 - Wizardry (all Parts)
8 - Captive (old Amiga and Atari game) I share the windows version&#33;&#33; (Never downloaded.. huh?)(I must be getting old&#33; :P )
9 - Horror zombies from the Crypt&#33;&#33; (with a cool title song from Prokofiev "Danse of the Knights" (Romeo and Juliet) very cool&#33;

Can&#39;t remember more games at this point but these games.. i remember.
Dungeon Master was my favorite&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Ultimate&#33;&#33;&#33; Still love it&#33; :D :lol: ;) :o :blink: :D

Anyone else loved these games?
http://images.allposters.com/images/20/WAG2479_a.jpg

spaceship_hawkwind
02-20-2003, 08:10 AM
My favourites:
1. Fallout and Fallout 2
2. Quake 1
3. Thief: The Dark Project

ugluk
02-20-2003, 01:39 PM
my new favorite is now SimCity 4&#33; God i have wasted much time with this game now. :D

and hey moderators&#33; am i just stupid or have this thread been merged with 1 or perhaps 2 other threads??

tilen76
02-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ugluk@20 February 2003 - 14:39
and hey moderators&#33; am i just stupid or have this thread been merged with 1 or perhaps 2 other threads??
Nope.

I guess playing games is just a very popular thing to do and the size of this thread just reflects this. :P

... now excuse me, I&#39;ll go and try that SimCity game, it&#39;s been waiting in my shared folder for too long now ...

[B][O][T]
02-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Best games on PC Machine&#39;s
Medal of Honor Allied Assults
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 3

Lamsey
02-20-2003, 02:23 PM
My faves:
Age Of Empires II: The Conquerors
Unreal Tournament
Thief II: The Metal Age

My mum says:
Tetris :rolleyes:
MahJonng :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Freecell :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My girlfriend says:
Theme Hospital
Diablo II: Lord Of Destruction
Solitaire :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What is it with these women and their crappy games?&#33;

insanebassman
02-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Call me a raving nut sack, but right now I am addicted to Grand Theft Auto Vice city

Yanks0826
02-20-2003, 03:55 PM
I love the old Zelda games from Nintendo. Going through those mazes with that little sword, that games was the bomb&#33;

Digian
02-20-2003, 04:11 PM
From my youth

Dune 2
Lost vikings
Zelda 1 (spent like a year or two on it)

-----------------------------
Newer&#39;ish ones.

THIEF series
Hitman
Mafia
---------------------

Nothing has really beaten n64 goldeneye in 3d shooters for gameplay.

I give best ever in game sound tracks to Dark Reign 2 by the way.
Thats about the only thing im sure about for BEST.

Played too many &#39;good&#39; games.

I think over 1000 by now, im only 20 &#33;
Could pick 20 awesome favorites but that would spoil it for others :P

BTW: Will anybody join me and say COUNTERSTRIKE SHOULD ROT IN HELL &#33;
Im so fu^king sick of hearing counterstrike.
You may as well go back to an older engine. Quake 1. That was a classic.

ProwL418
02-26-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by deckard@1 February 2003 - 13:32
"You are in a big open field west of a big white house with a boarded door..." B)
z0rk&#33; omg
there is still a large archive of interactive fiction available online
westfront pc the trials of guilder is pretty damm interesting, and the newest I.F. ive seen.
my favorite games are
Perfect Dark
Starcraft
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Harvest Moon Back to Nature
Unreal
Halflife
WipeOut 3
Tekken 3
StreetFighter Alpha
ElderScrolls 3 Morrowind
Anarchy Online
Neverwinter Nights
Devil May Cry
Rune
Diablo

imported_stg1123
02-27-2003, 02:35 AM
YURIS REVENGE ONLINE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r:

danne
02-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Guess I missed this topic completely :P

I really liked M.U.L.E on the c64 (there&#39;s a &#39;new&#39; windoze version of it, but they had to rename it and I can&#39;t remember the new name)

All of TSR&#39;s goldbox games (tho the first ones were the most fun, and it&#39;s kewl to see a lot of them modules being made for NWN, kinda nice to play those old modules in MP modes with our old PnP chars :) )

Lesuire suit larry, loved this series. remember when me and my friend were trying to play it on his amiga, and asking his mother for the answers you were asked in the beginning of the game to proove you were over 18 ;) Have all of them on original now, bought the collection about a year ago or smth, haven&#39;t opened the case yet tho...

Tetris is the most addicting me thinks, have been playing it on my old cell phone, but when I had it serviced they also upped the OS AND REMOVED TETRIS&#33;&#33; dang, I hated that. Oh, and if you haven&#39;t tried TetriNet, I stronly suggest you do that with. It&#39;s SO kewl to play tetris in multiplayer trying to kill each other. Can be found at http://www.tetrinet.org/

I liked Delta Force 1 alot as well, we used to sit hour playing it in school when just the demo version was out, that kicked arse.

Addicting, well, I think the MMORPGs comming up will definitly have a say here ;) Had a serious one with DAoC for a couple of months and then quit it completely. Just waiting for a bunch of new ones to get hooked on.

Well, I could ramble on quite a bit about this, back to work now tho =)

TRshady
02-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by gregster007@31 January 2003 - 02:46
Championship Manager? Never heard of it... *scatches

If your into football (soccer) management games then this game is the dog&#39;s bollocks&#33;&#33;
Has anyone in the world ever played premier manager games on pc?
Ive got 97 and I love it so much. Anyone know where I can get 99 version?? I cant say how badly I want it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

as for my favourite games ever:

1- Dungeons & dragons - sega mega drive (genesis)
2- Streets of rage 2 - sega mega drive (genesis)
3- Premier manager 97 - PC :)
4- FIFA 99 - N64
5- Twisted metal 2 - playstation.

Oh, and mega-lo-mania on the sega mega drive.
Anyone else played these games?

Please someone tell me where I can get premier manager 99&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

edgar959
02-28-2003, 10:28 PM
GTA series
C&C series
AvsP series

imported_jamesandpie
02-28-2003, 11:38 PM
GTA, GTA2 both equally amazing&#33;
Goldeneye
Starcraft

The undisputable greatest games... :)

DarkEternityNow
03-01-2003, 12:07 AM
gahhhh, you have to be kidding me, its not easy picking the best out of so many good games, lol, but lets see...

FPS (First Person Shooter)
--------
Unreal Tournament PC
Goldeneye Console

TPS (Third Person Shooter)
--------
American McGee&#39;s Alice PC
No idea Console

RTS (Real Time Strategy)
--------
Empire Earth PC
Command and Conquer Red Alert Console

TBS (Turn Based Strategy)
--------
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 PC
None on Console

Puzzle
--------
No clue

RPG (Role Playing Game)
--------
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy 6
Star Ocean The Second Story
Lunar The Silver Star Story Complete + Eternal Blue

That should be enough....

And just for though, River City Ransom for the NES was great...

(added)
Ill join you, counter-strike sucks. I never even enjoyed Half Life, that was a rather boring game. I tried CS...for about 10 minutes. That was unarguably the most boring and the most wasted 10 minutes in the history of my life (including time spent waiting to get into the Star Wars 1 movie)

Schmiggy_JK23
03-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Well, PC wise

1. Counter Strike/Half Life (Im a l33t cs player, i will pwn you, and half life spawned it, so im taking a two for one here, half life is an amazing single player).
2. Civilization 2 (ya, u can make cases for 1 and 3, but for my time, that was it, spent more time with that one, then any other.
3. Quake 1 (The first big time "online" fps, the trend setter)

Console, this is even harder.

1. Goldeneye (n64). (spent more time in playing this in college then I did doing my homework, many long all nighters of 4v4 ass kicking)
2. Mortal Kombat 2 (genesis) (the first may be more noteable, this one is far more polished, with more characters, and loads more fun)
3. Super mario 3 (nes) (For its time, no other game comparers to the hype around SM3, at that day and age, that was "it". Every gamer knew and waited patiently for it).

*side note, those of us hardcore peeps, will remember seeing the fred savage movie, "the wizard" just for a glimpse of the game*

And yes, Arcade...

1. Mortal Kombat 1 (a true revolution for gaming, congress, violence, digitalized characters, a real icon)
2. Soul Caliber (no other arcade machine has taken more of my hard earned quarters then this gem, heres to the sequel which is in arcades now&#33;)
3. The original star wars game (made by atari, in the arcade, came with the cool dual triggers, u flew through the deathstar, etc)

Schmiggy_JK23
03-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Digian@20 February 2003 - 11:11
BTW: Will anybody join me and say COUNTERSTRIKE SHOULD ROT IN HELL &#33;
Im so fu^king sick of hearing counterstrike.
You may as well go back to an older engine. Quake 1. That was a classic.
No, i wont join you. You cant argue with the statistics. The most highly played online FPS 3 years running...

One of the largest communites in gaming. I would bet there are more sites online related to cs then any other game out.

Say what you will graphically, but every other fps out there is compared to cs, its the standard. (Gameplay, enjoyment factor, not necessarily strategicaly, as its not like q3 or ut).

Quake 1 isnt going to be played at the CPL any time soon. (though i agree, its classic,see my previous post)

And then you have to consider its roots, two guys, working on the hl engine, to make something of their own, its a gamers dream, and to then to go on and have it picked up by a major publisher. The ultimate gaming success story.

So no, if your not good at it, i can see being pissy, lol. But dont hold a grudge at greatness for no apparent good reason.

Crack_man
03-01-2003, 12:43 AM
The best game I have played was to Playstation and the game was
"Star Ocean: The Second Story".

It is a RPG game and itīs sort of like Final Fantasy but more funnier and you can control the player to movie whaterver you want unlike Final Fantasy where you can only stand still and do your attacks.

garretrevels
03-01-2003, 12:48 AM
pc: psx: nintendo: Snes:

Max Payne Silent hill Duck Hunt Killer Instinct
nba live 2003 Gran Turismo 2 yo noid clay fighter
Silent hill 2 Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo 2 tmnt series ken griffy jr baseball
Need4Speed Porsche Diablo mappy super punch out
4X4 evo 2 multiplayer&#33; IQ mario series
project igi Jet moto 2
the thing
colin mcrae 2

word to yo moms i come to drop bombs :huh:

DarkEternityNow
03-01-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Crack_man@1 March 2003 - 01:43
Whoooo, SOTSS. Great great great RPG, undeniably. I got so many hours of entertainment from this, its unbelievable. Good taste man, good taste...

Energizer_God
03-01-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@31 January 2003 - 00:41
Boy I&#39;d like to play with you :D

in a multiplayer game of Quake

I also like U/T and Ghost recon (if I could ever get it to multiplayer)
B)

ThE_MP3_G0d
03-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@20 February 2003 - 15:23
My faves:
Unreal Tournament
Thief II: The Metal Age

My mum says:
Tetris :rolleyes:
MahJonng :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Freecell :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My girlfriend says:
Theme Hospital
Solitaire :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lamsey, Lamsey, Lamsey...you totally had me on you side

My faves:
Unreal Tournament

both great games,but then tragedy struck

My girlfriend says:
Theme Hospital
Solitaire&nbsp; :rolleyes:&nbsp; :rolleyes:&nbsp; :rolleyes:&nbsp; :rolleyes:

Wtf happened.... a brain quief??
D2LoD kicked ass..maybe fell short of my top games list...but still a killer game&#33;

my top 10

1. Chrono Trigger [SNES]
2. Final Fantasy 3/6 [SNES]
3. Tekken Tag Tournament [PS2]
4. Goldeneye [N64]
5. Final Fantasy Tactics [PS]
6. Shining Force 2 [Sega Genesis]
7. Shining Force 3 [Sega CD]
8. MOHAA:Spearhead [PC]
9. The Sims [PC]
10. Tetris Attack&#33;&#33; [PC]

if you do or don&#39;t like Tetris download Tetris attack...it got me hooked&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

p.s. - emulator of the decade goes to snes9x---best control, graphics (for a snes emu), and overall stability and performance...others are nice but I found myself having problems with my controller..or they were difficult to set up..trust me, check it out for yourself http://www.snes9x.com

SniperInTheShadows
03-01-2003, 01:26 AM
Best Game Ever?

In my case that&#39;s easy - Street Fighter II (Arcade version)&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

I used to spend ALL my money on that when i was a kid, it was the only game that i would goto arcades to play :D

Only other game that came close to knocking SFII off my top spot was "Operation Wolf" (both Arcade and Spectrum version&#39;s) :D

Crack_man
03-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by DarkEternityNow+1 March 2003 - 01:51--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkEternityNow @ 1 March 2003 - 01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Crack_man@1 March 2003 - 01:43
Whoooo, SOTSS. Great great great RPG, undeniably. I got so many hours of entertainment from this, its unbelievable. Good taste man, good taste... [/b][/quote]
You have good taste too I suppose. :D

ThE_MP3_G0d
03-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Crack_man@1 March 2003 - 01:43
....it is a RPG game and itīs sort of like Final Fantasy but more funnier and you can control the player to movie whaterver you want unlike Final Fantasy where you can only stand still and do your attacks.
Not true sir....read my favorites....you will see FF Tactics...you WERE limited on how/where you could move, but if you try it you will see the combat system is far superior (IMHO) to Star Oceans..maybe not the plot but definately the combat system..

DarkEternityNow
03-01-2003, 05:49 AM
ive played both, and I did enjoy Tactics, but SOTSS was far superiour to me...

Wocus
03-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Day of defeat

Need for speed (all)

GTA (all)

Crack_man
03-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ThE_MP3_G0d+1 March 2003 - 03:42--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ThE_MP3_G0d @ 1 March 2003 - 03:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Crack_man@1 March 2003 - 01:43
....it is a RPG game and itīs sort of like Final Fantasy but more funnier and you can control the player to movie whaterver you want unlike Final Fantasy where you can only stand still and do your attacks.
Not true sir....read my favorites....you will see FF Tactics...you WERE limited on how/where you could move, but if you try it you will see the combat system is far superior (IMHO) to Star Oceans..maybe not the plot but definately the combat system.. [/b][/quote]
It is true that you can move the characters in FFT but in FFT you have to wait for your turn yo play but "Star Ocean: The Second Story" you can move the characters without waiting for the time bar to fill up so itīs action all the time.

Lamsey
03-01-2003, 05:17 PM
My girlfriend says:
Theme Hospital
Solitaire&nbsp; :rolleyes:&nbsp; :rolleyes:&nbsp; :rolleyes:&nbsp; :rolleyes:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

Wtf happened.... a brain quief??
D2LoD kicked ass..maybe fell short of my top games list...but still a killer game&#33;

I agree... D2LoD does kick ass... it&#39;s my copy, my girlfriend just steals it all the time.

I was slagging off the fact that she likes Solitaire, hence the rolling eyes...

kAb
03-01-2003, 05:25 PM
can&#39;t believe how this has only been said a couple times:
DEUS EX

and...

goldeneye (n64)
Starcraft
hitman 2

Lamsey
03-01-2003, 05:33 PM
DEUS EX

Ooh yeah, forgot that one.

I released that one to the world a while ago... look in the verifieds

johnnytightlips2
03-01-2003, 06:45 PM
the best game of all time is GTA Vice city and its coming out for pc so thats good too.

llamaj Mim
03-02-2003, 05:58 AM
Grand Theft Auto 3
Max Payne
Shogun Total War

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Icey
03-02-2003, 08:45 PM
for me it must be the DELTA FORCE PC SERIES..

Delta Force Land Warrior
Task Force Dagger

these are both amazing online multiplyer games.. :w00t:

markje
03-02-2003, 09:02 PM
1-Metal gear solid
2-Medal of honour allied assault

most addictive: tetris
longest non stop play: gran turismo 3 (over 15 hours)

Andyb
03-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Best game ever was doom&#33;&#33; I played it when the Playstation version came out.....yeah it&#39;s eclipsed now by fantastic titles such as MOHAA & Mafia etc, But back when it was released..there was nothing like it&#33; It was a whole new world that was unleashed onto us....& it made U feel like U&#39;d died & gone to heaven&#33; :Ž) However good a game is these days..it&#39;s always...been there done that..nothing new....U will never get that feeling from when games first came of age & U experienced it for the first time......that&#39;s why Doom is the best&#33; :Ž) (ok I&#39;ll quit with the sentimental nostalgia&#33; :Ž)

Jay 2 Good
03-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Championship Manager :wub:

This is the best game around IMO, if I could only pick one series of games to play ever it would have to be Champ Man. Many a day and night have been lost playing this game. Also Champ Man 4 is sooooooo gd, the 2D pitch is excellent. And the release date is my Birthdays weekend which is great.

Grand Theft Auto

Way back from the start of the series. Used to stay up all night with my mates playing this 1, 2 and London. Each taking a life or mission each. Then when the third one came out and Vice city the game just got brilliant. So much more realistic and its so good to run over all the people and see the blood flying.

Tiger Woods 2002/2003

Had an earlier version for the PC and thought it was gd but when 2002 came out for the Playstation 2, the analog controlled swing was brilliant. Then with 2003 the game somehow got better. Great game to play over a few beers etc with mates, etc. New Years day this year was Tiger Woods day for all the males in our family, got drunk sinking holes in ones, great.

TRshady
03-03-2003, 06:09 PM
whats the system requiremtns for tiger woods?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Icey@2 March 2003 - 15:45
for me it must be the DELTA FORCE PC SERIES..

Delta Force Land Warrior
Task Force Dagger

these are both amazing online multiplyer games.. :w00t:
:D I have to agree...just started getting back into them...can not wait for the new one. :D

Hopefully get a KazaaLite room going with some games. :D

cooolway
03-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Here are my favorite games
1.Serious Sam
2. Age of Empires 2
3. Need for Speed series
4. GTAIII
5. Silent Hill
6.Return to caste Wolfenstein
7. Doom 1
8. Red Faction
and last Gran Turismo

GTA III is the best game I ever played :D

Tigekala69
03-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Because i have a realy shitty computer my list dosnt have any of the latest games....(i have a pentium233MMX with 128SDR and tnt2 M62 32mb ant integrated sb16) but here it is nonetheless
1)Fallout (1&2)
2)Septerra core
3)Dungeon Keeper

LSA
03-15-2003, 11:34 PM
1. Grand Theft Auto 3
2. Red faction
3. Freedom Force <----buy this its really cheap
4. Black and White <----this also
5. Ghost Recon

ooo
03-15-2003, 11:38 PM
aww come on, bring in the blizzard games :P and rpgz start naming&#33;

DataMore
03-15-2003, 11:43 PM
Max Payne

I was even ashamed of downloading it. :">
A great game like this should be bought, to help make sequels. ;)

ooo
03-15-2003, 11:53 PM
lololz... how much cds is Neverwinter Nights?

llamaj Mim
03-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Max Payne

I was even ashamed of downloading it.
Same here. :(

OK, about the game, all the baby crying and mazes shit creeps me out a little bit. :o

Chilly
03-21-2003, 10:21 PM
The Getaway on PS2, wow this is so Awsome. ;)

All of the Resident Evils ;)

Final Fantasy 5 and above ;)

Mortal Combat 1,2,etc ;)

TRshady
03-21-2003, 11:14 PM
Just decided to download "max Payne". It&#39;s amazing&#33;. Definetly comes on my "best games" list. That&#39;s me happy for the next few weeks :D .

itay
03-21-2003, 11:34 PM
my 3 best games are:

1. Splinter Cell
2. Hitman 2
3. GTA 3

ToraBoraDweller
03-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Now playing Morowind =great
Do also like Baldur&#39;s Gate II
Drakan
Myst series (I&#39;m stuck and should keep notes B) )

But the greatest experience for me was (a few years back now) playing
Tombraider I : as I was standing atop of the large Sphinx and looking down
I actually felt acrophobia. ;)

krome
03-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Shooters:

1. Quake3
2. GTA 1,2,3
3. Resident Evil 1,2,3, C V

Race:

1. GT 3 a-spec
2. Need for Speed HP 1, 2
3. MortorCross

Lightyear
03-30-2003, 09:41 PM
1.Mafia
2.Hitman 2
3.Championship manager series
4.Max Payne

There are many more older games like (Sam&Max), MDK... etc but those 4 are the best right now IMHO.

PcH
03-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Quake III Arena
GTA: Vice City
Halo

marine_aart
03-31-2003, 01:33 PM
:unsure: my favo top 3:
Tactical ops (IT ROX)
Dune 2 (best strategy ever)
dunno :unsure:

shamrocknova
04-05-2003, 02:13 PM
favourite games of all time have to be:
1:Shenmue 1,2 and hopefully 3 is as good as it&#39;s prequels
2:Metal Gear solid (1 and 2 again)
3 Championship Manager - all versions up to the new one, which quite frankly has more bugs than the rain forest, allthough when it FINALLY becomes bug free, will probably be the best version

ck-uk
04-05-2003, 02:19 PM
colin mcrea rally 2.0 (pc)
premier manager(original pc)
pro evol soccer (ps2)

kdv
04-06-2003, 03:44 PM
CM4
Championship Manager 4
Best game EVER IN THE WORLD EVER

AND I MEAN EVER

Tormentor
04-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Mine are

1.Battlefield 1942
2.Ghost Recon
3.Grand theft auto 3

Yes I know they are the same ones listed by Iblostboy

lockac
04-19-2003, 02:17 AM
Got be pong on the Binatone TV Master Mk. IV 1980.

http://www.silicium.org/images/catalog/consoles/binatone2.jpg

Well ok I am kidding I like MEOHAA since it gives me ours of fun on line. It also has some of the best game play ever?

PS. My brother had one of those and I have played it. For it&#39;s time it had a very clever game which used a gun to shot at a square object that apeared randomly around the screen. Don&#39;t for get it was 1980.

KANADIANborn
04-19-2003, 08:07 AM
:lol: lockac, MY brother had the exact same thang. The gun looked/felted like a .22 (well, it did to me, as I was still a "toddler" at the time :D )....ahh, memories :rolleyes: That, and playing circus for the Atari...and joust, and golgo13 for Nintendo. Romance of the 3-kingdoms III&IV. Bandit Kings of Ancient China, I liked as well.

:) Ima freaky :lol:

Oh yeah, can&#39;t forget ShadowRun for the genesis (when are they going to make an online version? :D ), and 10six....damn people at SEGA, dunno what the fawk they&#39;re doing now, eh. ;) (remember the sega-cd attachment for the genesis... :lol: what were they thinking...then "I&#39;m having vague-memories" of something named...dolphin..or sumthin like that :blink: I dunn.....wha, I&#39;m talking too much&#33;?&#33; ok, I stop now :D )

kaspiske
04-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Hitman 1 and 2

Junta
04-19-2003, 12:52 PM
1.Half-Life TEAM FORTRESS CLASSIC <--- play it non stop for 2.5 years and u&#39;ll know what I mean...

2.Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction <--- play it on b.net and get addicted...

3.Heroes 3 (armageddons blade, shadow of death, chronicles) Invite some friends to spend the night and have 2 comps linked... 2v2 on ekstra large map... play it... you wont be disappointed... (it&#39;s not hard to find either&#33;)

antic_deep
04-19-2003, 01:37 PM
BEST EVER

1. AGE OF CONQUERER
2. SPLINTER CELL
3. COMMAND AND CONQUER : GENERALS

DarthInsinuate
04-19-2003, 03:51 PM
1. Geoff Crammond&#39;s Stunt Car Racer - hard, but very fun
plus a sequel has just been announced, YAY&#33;

2. the pro evolution series - but though the latest is the best i think ISS pro evo 2 had a bigger effect on me

3. golden eye - lots of kill

4. serious sam - more lots of kill, i like kill

5. TIE fighter/X-Wing series - natch

hobbes
04-19-2003, 07:31 PM
The Longest Journey
Grim Fandango
Citizens Giant Kubato- something like that
Undying- Clive Barker (very creepy)

The greatest is Doom- started this whole ball of wax rolling.

hobbes
04-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Please delete this, it is a test---and it tickles&#33;

test tickles

I just read this live and started chuckling stupidly- I must have dain bramage. Seriously delete this.

summond_skull
04-23-2003, 05:08 PM
well i got all three next generation consoles and so i like
Gamecube: super smash bros melee , zelda wind waker , metroid prime :lol:
XBox: halo , dead or alive , timesplitters 2 :P
PS2: gta vice city , tekken tag , dbz budokai :)
PC: warcraft 3 , unreal tournament 2003 , age of empires ;)

ck-uk
04-23-2003, 05:21 PM
FROGGER
POPEYE
KING GONG

bobalonius
04-23-2003, 06:54 PM
the game i keep going back to is Master of Orion 2. its old and 3 came out recently, but theres something addictive about 2. i&#39;ve had it for years, it occasionally gets uninstalled, but it always finds its way back on my computer for some play time.

Yagyumarrow
05-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Me top three favourites is:

1.Metal Gear Solid :)

2.The Nomad Soul ;)

3.Conkur&#39;s bad fur day B)

StrikeNinja
05-25-2003, 09:34 PM
1. Halo

2. Enter The Matrix

3. Splinter Cell :) there are so many I luv but these just came to my mind

vegeta_ssj12
03-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Bets game ever? Easy. Fallout 1 and 2.

j4y3m
03-08-2004, 04:42 PM
1. Metal Gear Solid on the PSone
2. Metal Gear Solid on the PSone
3. Metal Gear Solid on the PSone

Mad Cat
03-08-2004, 11:41 PM
If I haven&#39;t already said, Dungeon Keeper after thinking about it. Dungeon Keeper 2 was more of the same... excellent. I find them both playable even today.

RGX
03-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by bobalonius@23 April 2003 - 18:54
the game i keep going back to is Master of Orion 2. its old and 3 came out recently, but theres something addictive about 2. i&#39;ve had it for years, it occasionally gets uninstalled, but it always finds its way back on my computer for some play time.
I love Master of Orion 2, must reinstall it again.

GTA: Vice City
Unreal Tournament
Day of the Tentacle
Master of Orion 2
Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Battlefield 1942
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
EVE Online

kaiweiler
03-09-2004, 01:14 AM
Diablo&#33; I was addicted to that for soo long
now it&#39;s CS though
soon to be HL2, as I already have my account activated for it&#33; :P

Falconetti
03-09-2004, 02:26 AM
So many of them but my top 3 are:

1. Zork Nemesis
2. Blade Runner
3. Grim Fandango

sameer0807
03-09-2004, 09:41 PM
here&#39;s mine 3 fav games of all time:

1) American Conquest ( give it a try, dis game really rocks )
2) Cricket 2004. ( hooah. I play CRICKET for ALBERTA )
3) Americas Army: Speical forces ( I was so addicted to dis game dat i failed all my GRADE 11 courses. I don&#39;t play dis game anymore )

Peace ;)

ahctlucabbuS
03-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Well Super mario 1 perhaps (first game I played at a friends house...I was like wow :lol: )

if Im gonna mention a newer title, maybe anarchy online simply because it was my first mmog and original as hell (for me atlest).

lukestervill
03-23-2004, 01:27 AM
I also like to play:

Civilization 3
hitman 2
cultures 2

but i uninstalled Civilization 3 and can&#39;t find it again
can some plaese help me
what is the file size on Kaz.. you know

thanx
lukester

Mr. Mulder
03-23-2004, 02:50 PM
1. GTA series - I was adicted to the first for almost a year.
2. Streets Of Rage (Megadrive) ...used to be a bad mofo at that B)
3. Morrowind - Stunning visuals and a great story, it&#39;s a world you could get lost in for hours.

http://www.jimisdead.8k.com/images/morrowind.jpg

:drool:

Edit: and Grim Fandango, musn&#39;t forget that :rolleyes:

RGX
03-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I would also like to add Unreal Tournament 2004 on my list....incredible :D

TRshady
03-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Cant remember if Ive posted in this thread or not .. and dont have a definite fave.

Id say age of empires 2 was one game that had me hooked for weeks ....

AcID ZeR0
03-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Grand Theft Auto
Half-Life
Mario
Sonic
Grand Turismo
MoH
Championship Manager
Pro Evolution Soccer

Edit:
Need For Speed

TRshady
03-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Agreed with the dude above .. . some great games mentioned. :D
Use to love streets of rage 2 and dungeons & dragons on the mega drive too.

silent VI
03-24-2004, 01:47 AM
chronorcross

bulio
03-24-2004, 01:52 AM
halo

starcraft ;)

Unikum
03-24-2004, 11:27 AM
I will have to say GTA Vice city (on PS2).
Subspace (swr) on computer.

~Waiting For GTA San Andreas~ :D

Aaron_T
03-25-2004, 12:20 AM
has to be Sonic the hedgehog :lol:

bulio
03-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Azzz@25 March 2004 - 00:20
has to be Sonic the hedgehog :lol:
lol, yeah, there good too :P

TRshady
03-25-2004, 01:10 AM
What about quake ..... deux ex? .... (haven&#39;t played them myself .. heard there bloody good though :P )

destroyerofevil
03-26-2004, 09:53 AM
1.GTA series(especially Vice City)
2.Battlefield series
3.Prince of Persia
4.Dynasty Warriors 4
5.Chaos Legion

COUNTING DOWN TO SAN ANDREAS:6 months and 23 days to go B)

destroyerofevil
03-26-2004, 09:58 AM
yes, i am a newcomer and everything and i don&#39;t mean to be rude but why are some of the dudes in this forum so hooked on Civilization 3? I mean, i wasted US&#036;32 on that crap. :angry:

ahctlucabbuS
03-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by destroyerofevil@26 March 2004 - 10:58
yes, i am a newcomer and everything and i don&#39;t mean to be rude but why are some of the dudes in this forum so hooked on Civilization 3? I mean, i wasted US&#036;32 on that crap. :angry:
I donīt play it often, but once I do Iīm hooked until itīs game over (which usually last several days). Donīt know why you hate it, but judging from your previous post you might just not be a startegy fan (and yea, I love simple answers ;) ).

Smyth1989
04-12-2004, 03:32 PM
hey all.

the best games r:

1. yuri&#39;s revenge - pc
2. rogue spear / urban operations / covert operations (rainbow 6) - pc
3. Final Fantasy X - 2 - ps2

fred devliegher
04-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Best games of all time :

1 The Legend of Zelda : The Ocarina of Time
2 Tetris DX
3 Eternal Darkness : Sanity&#39;s Requiem

Closely followed by :

- Super Mario 64 + Super Mario Bros. 3
- Earthbound/ Mother 2
- Star Trek : Starfleet Academy (SNES) -> sentimental value :rolleyes:
- Viewtiful Joe

sommonier
04-12-2004, 07:26 PM
this is my list
1) silent hill series all of em
2) Tekken series havent played the first one
3) Metal gear the ones from PS/PS2
4) Final fantasy series the best ones VII/VIII
5) legacy of kain: series all of em
6) Gran Turismo 3
7) Zone Of The Enders
8) Half Life
9) Xenogears
10)NFSU

SingaBoiy
04-12-2004, 07:45 PM
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
SOCOM I and II
GTA Series
Parasite Eve
FF VII
AOE

Ive got Madden every year since 95 so I gotta through that in there.

hondarvf400
04-12-2004, 11:01 PM
hmmm to many to choose from

1) Halo
2) Final fantasy VII
3) super mario world
4) Delta force black hawk down

Formula1
04-12-2004, 11:15 PM
GTa: Vice city (PC)
Metal Gear solid 2
Final Fantasy X
Gran Turismo 3
Max Payne 2 (PC)

AAnduin
04-13-2004, 05:58 AM
Half Life Mod : Team Fortress Classic 1.5, been playing this and mostly only this for the last 4 years

joeyipod
04-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Ocarina of Time and starcraft

Sonic, 2, 3 & Sonic and Knuckles on megadrive

Turd Ferguson
04-13-2004, 08:06 AM
GTA3 was the best game ever, until it was bettered by Vice City.

asmithz
04-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Adventure: Splinter Cell 2
FPS: Far Cry
RPG: Final Fantasy 7
Sports: Tony Hawk&#39;s Underground
Racing: Gran Turismo 4
Fighting: Soul Calibur II
Online: UT2004
Best Story Plot: Mafia

wienerschnitzel
04-13-2004, 12:09 PM
SOLITAIRE

once i play one game i just can&#39;t stop. its been like for about 10 years. how many games have lasted this long?

Mad Cat
04-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@13 April 2004 - 12:09
SOLITAIRE

once i play one game i just can&#39;t stop. its been like for about 10 years. how many games have lasted this long?
:lol: I&#39;m really sure Solitaire has only been around for 10 years :fugley:

Doom has anyway.

Monkeee
04-14-2004, 02:31 AM
pong... good ol pong...

silent VI
04-14-2004, 03:50 AM
current fav lineage 2 cant stop playing........ must go to bathrooom :blink:

n18
04-14-2004, 10:17 PM
King Arthur and the Kinghts of the round table for snes and arcade, awsome game :D

daniboy
04-15-2004, 09:40 PM
gta 3 and vice city
max payne 2
age of empires/heroes of might and magic 3/4

Dray_04
04-16-2004, 01:36 AM
any1 played Jones in the Fast Lane (http://www.bertrandom.com/jones/index.php)

It has to be the best classic game in the world..&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

THAT IS MY FAVOURITE GAME....

....i&#39;ll be back later when i can remember my other favourite games lol

ck-uk
04-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by dray_02@16 April 2004 - 01:36
any1 played Jones in the Fast Lane (http://www.bertrandom.com/jones/index.php)

It has to be the best classic game in the world..&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

THAT IS MY FAVOURITE GAME....

....i&#39;ll be back later when i can remember my other favourite games lol
stop talkin about me m8 :P

joeyipod
04-16-2004, 08:21 AM
i OWN jones in the fast lane..

you can dl it at home of the underdogs site freeware now i think

Dray_04
04-16-2004, 12:57 PM
its awesome ay joey,

i luved it as a kid.... used to smash my brother at it all the time.... dumb ass lol

JMK
04-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Age Of Empires: Rise Of Rome Expansion (For Comp)
Counterstrike (For Comp)
Halo (For Xbox)
Perfect Dark (N64)

Best Games Ever :D

joeyipod
04-16-2004, 02:21 PM
haha serious jray ahh that would have been kickass :lol:

wish i had a brother or sister to beat :rolleyes:

its great game for its time i&#39;m sure any new gamers who dl it now would probably think its shit. But... back then it was my world getting home from school and jumping on my old 486 to play this game :)

ahh the days

Me thinks originality in games is dying :unsure:

bujub22
04-16-2004, 02:39 PM
grand theft auto 3 and vice city
midnight culb
max payne 1-2
dragonball 1-2
and the classic contra

Riothamus
03-16-2006, 09:58 PM
1° Civilization, definitely

suprafreak6
03-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Halo 2 must be added now

Delorean
03-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Final Fantasy series all the way!!!!!!
Pro Evolution Soccer 5
Warcraft the frozen throne

Buffalo
03-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Final Fantasy 8
NFS most wanted
COD 2
Sniper Elite

{I}{K}{E}
03-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Super Mario (NES) :)

DorisInsinuate
03-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Custer's Revenge.
Rise of the Robots.

Express
03-16-2009, 09:46 AM
crysis

rockaa
03-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I think I am kinda oldschool is this area.

Warcraft - I played all of them and enjoyed it!
Starcraft - Defentetly one of the best games, cant waith for nr. 2
Counter-strike - I have spent to much time, so i cant leave it out.

Zah89
03-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Age of Empires II

l0l0
03-17-2009, 09:04 AM
crysis

kain688
03-17-2009, 06:46 PM
doom 1 ftw

jason1337
03-21-2009, 07:55 PM
don't forget the HITMAN series

ichigo
03-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Halo series
Gears series
Nfs series

Theses were all really good, but the really good nfs game was most wanted, after that everything went downwards.

amola
03-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Need for speed most wanted

dadelor
03-27-2009, 04:13 AM
This is hard.........I would probably have to say the GTA series most notably San andreas. I had alot of fun with that game. But still love GTA IV

Charger
03-27-2009, 09:17 AM
I have many favourites, but one that really stands out - Killzone 2 . Hella of a game, single player and multiplayer wise.

lakecityransom
03-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Final Fantasy 7... never loved anything more than that.

That materia system, so cool.

prasannab13
03-30-2009, 03:42 PM
God of war series
Shadow of Colussus
GTA series

7th
04-06-2009, 12:15 AM
anyone already mentioned Baldur's Gate series?

AnDy
04-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Gta theft auto iv

williamjack38
04-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Here is my list

1. Midtown Madness
2. Tomb Raider
3. WWF Games

PROTOCOL
04-07-2009, 05:01 PM
The only thing i play and i love it is CS S :D

SuperActive
04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I have to go with Super Mario :D

4x4
04-07-2009, 06:40 PM
bf2 and jagged alliance:)

ThorMAN
04-07-2009, 07:26 PM
GTA 3

Good old times...

Silviu
04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
fahrenheit

havij
04-11-2009, 04:39 AM
Zuma

orygun
04-11-2009, 05:12 AM
Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion

Sanka113
04-11-2009, 05:27 AM
The best game ever will be known once time ceases to exist.

Stellar
04-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Life is a pretty good game I suppose. It's just really, really hard to learn magic.

whitesnake
04-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Crysis and Hitman Blood Money.
Also Super Mario World :)

twue
04-12-2009, 01:26 PM
All GTA titles