PDA

View Full Version : Why Say Dc++ Is The Best?

sam71
12-25-2003, 11:34 AM
It isn't...
Its great for small file ranging from 1mb to 100mb but anything larger, forget it!
Takes too freaking long, i'm not going to sit there 24hrs a day cause it can get tiring and boring going at 5-10k/sec on most download. BTW, DC++ is kind of on the lame side not having a way to cap your upload, this is the other reason why staying on for more then 30 min will cause your download to get worse and worse...therefore, i switch to BT for heavy download. Amazingly both BT and DC++ have junk files which is a waste of my time and bandwidth. why do some people share crap?
When they say rare, it's either priceless or worthless, LOL. :P

smellycat
12-25-2003, 01:25 PM
You seem highly concerned about your downloads,
yet the only mention you give to uploads is how to cap them!

There is a setting you can make if uploads are seriously affecting your downloads.
File / Settings / Advanced / Use small send buffer

I've never had a junk file, and have downloaded many large files.
If you have received a junk file, then contact the person and inform them.
If response is unsatisfactory, then contact the OP and have them banned.
This is why hubs are so good for genuine files.

nanotek
12-25-2003, 01:58 PM
if u get to know the person your dl of it makes it easier not to get junk files and u can also preview them any way <_<

Mihkel
12-27-2003, 07:08 AM
my friend has downloads big files(movies) @ 60-100kb/s, you just have to find a user with fast upload, and if one user goes offline, you can add sources from other users who have same file with exactly the same file size, different file name doesn&#39;t matter.

Bebi
12-27-2003, 03:51 PM
I have gotten my maximum connection speed on dc++ lots of times (ofc this was from t1 and above users) but I bet the poster is a puny little 56k&#39;er or either 128k&#39;er.

yNd aznbnet
12-28-2003, 01:35 AM
It all depends on who you&#39;re downloading from. Check out what type of connection they have. Often, it&#39;s better to wait in qeue with a person with a t1-t3 connection than it is to download all night off someone with DSL@ 15KB/s. DC++ is the best P2P at the moment, IMO. Alot of sweds with really good connections.

DVD PIRATE III
12-28-2003, 02:04 AM
i thought it was good
Last time i used it there were so many idiots online sharing there entire hard-drive..
I got a few online cd keys for games that night

Bebi
12-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@28 December 2003 - 03:04
i thought it was good
Last time i used it there were so many idiots online sharing there entire hard-drive..
I got alot for alien vs predator 2 :lol:

bkdvnyc
01-19-2004, 01:15 AM
im gettin 192kbps downloads as im typing this now..just find a fast uploader and use netlimiter to cap ur uploads

NotoriousBIC
01-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@28 December 2003 - 04:04
i thought it was good
Lol, the stupid one who share their install drive, just to meet the hub requirements.
It all depends on finding the right hub(s) I guess.