PDA

View Full Version : The Last Samurai

TNTIcemanTNT
12-26-2003, 03:11 PM
Ive always been interested in samurai tradition and styles, adn I feel this film goes along the scale of gladiator with its contribution to detail. And i reckon its sucha good storyline merging western civil war culture with oriental culture.
Any of you guys seen it, and like it? Ive heard some people dont like it all lol.

imported_el-producto
12-26-2003, 06:33 PM
gladiator sucked. theres always a lame story

Pliskin
12-26-2003, 08:16 PM
I have seen it and I definitly like it, the story is good, the fights as good everything is made just good. But I don't believe this movie could get near Gladiator. But furthermore this movie is just a must see for people who like acient movies.

Dapadipz
12-26-2003, 08:43 PM
Ive herd it was good...gonna grab this movie when i have the time

james_bond_rulez
12-26-2003, 10:09 PM
gladiator sucked ass and so did tom cruise

damn rich lameass who can&#39;t keep a wife around, wut a loser <_<

nomsans
12-27-2003, 02:30 PM
i agree..gladiator was a ridiculous attempt of hollywood making braveheart in ancient rome. there was only one big shot of the computer generated collesium, i went to see this movie so i couyld experience what it might have been like in ancient rome...well...that didnt happen...there was like three main fights?...thats not too good for a fighting movie. i dont understand why people like this movie so much...i think it is just because that simpletons identify with russle crow&#39;s charactor&#39;s (and russel crow himself) macho patriarchal militaristic jock ass hole control freak power trip father knows best wife beater bullshit&#33; that movie made the mistake of emphasizing on the crappy acting and only using the cinagraphic shots of ole reconstructed rome as climax gimmicks. it would have been waaaay better if the whole movie had amazing shots in every other scene...much like lord of the rings...but when i finally got to see the collesium...i wanted to just throw up because it was already well over an hour into the movie. anyway i haven seen the last samurai, but i cant waite and am sure it is better than stinky gladiator.

mikenmike0001
12-30-2003, 08:08 AM
the last samurai was pretty cool....hella sad at the end...i actually thought they might be able to make it all the way till they fuckin brought out those machine guns........bastards...........how fucked up........how manly is that............well anyways, was this movie based on real events? so was there really an american guy that sided with the last samurai group in that raid and all that......or is it just bullshit....?

Memento
12-30-2003, 02:40 PM
i cant believe there are people out there who think gladiator is a bad film :frusty:
i would love to hear wat movies they think are good? just out of interest. Please dont state the obvious ones tho

BigBank_Hank
12-30-2003, 05:31 PM
I went to the movies to see The Last Samurai and it doesn&#39;t disappoint. This was a great film from start to finish with a terrific ending. The battle scenes that were in this film were incredible and not so over the top like in most action films. I don&#39;t really want to go into much detail of the movie because I don&#39;t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn&#39;t seen it.

It is impossible for everyone to like a movie which is why I understand, but disagree, with some people not liking Gladiator. There are plenty of films that are loved by many people on here that I hated ex. The Matrix. It just wasn&#39;t my kind movie. To each their own.

mikenmike0001
12-30-2003, 07:54 PM
so is this movie all really based on what happened in history, or did they make up characters and stuff?

ck-uk
12-30-2003, 07:59 PM
I havent seen much previews of this yet....what i&#39;ve caught thou reminded me alot of that richard chamblain thing. :)

evildon
01-02-2004, 08:06 AM
I enjoyed it. I went into the movie mad as hell from the previews. It showed

Cruise being taken prisoner. Samurai didn&#39;t take prisoners,they felt that

surrendering wasn&#39;t honorable and anyone that did it deserved death. However

the VERY FIRST SCENE took care of this(or prettty close to the first scene). It was

alot like Shogun meets Dances with Wolves. They didn&#39;t overdo the love scenes

with Cruise either. I had a couple of minor things but all in all i liked it...

ccskorn
01-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Just saw it today, very good. This one is going to win some awards. I almost cried at the end also, great movie.