PDA

View Full Version : Saying Thanks

summerlinda
02-18-2003, 07:30 PM
Somebody actualy thanked me (in a nice and honest way) for the upload she got from me, how nice.
I couldn't check if she (no doubt it was a 'she' ;) ) shared, because i was away from my pc, but hey, who cares...........
There are nice people in this world, thats just what i needed today :D

jetje
02-18-2003, 07:32 PM
Yeah, there are still some nice people around the p2p :rolleyes:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-18-2003, 07:32 PM
:D FC Started A Revolution (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=13778) :D

Rocktron
02-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Yes there are! :D ;) :P

Nice people.. i get that alot! (no really!)
I share rare old 70's reggae files and other cool stuff that nobody has on Kazaa.
Some files you can only find on vinyl. I spend a lot of time ripping them and making them sound as good as possible.
And sometimes i rip the audio from DVD for myself but share them on Kazaa.

So if there is somebody that appreciates it (did i spell that right?) the better!

Nice people are hard to find but hey! They are out there!

http://images.allposters.com/images/20/WAG2479_a.jpg

ugluk
02-19-2003, 01:59 PM
I actually recieved a thank you some time ago! but i have recieved some not so thankful messages aswell!
:lol: some people are nice some are, well, dumb really. <_<
i have never sent a thank you myself. why not? Well, cause i don&#39;t sit and watch how my downloads progress. have you sent a thankyou?

jetje
02-19-2003, 02:08 PM
yes i have, actually. Was downloading song for song from an album (was new thn ) by David gray, after the 2nd download the guy send me a pm where he said he opened more slots to grab the album at once...
When i was finished i sent a descent "thank you" was the least i could do then....

On the other hand i once received a question from someone who was uploading 3 files (movies from me) at the same time (his question was what codec he needed for that file). I answered it but also asked why he didn&#39;t share anuthing (i checked it on his pm). He said something impliciting why i just didn&#39;t f*ck off. Any guess what i did then :lol:

WhiteDevil2
02-19-2003, 02:12 PM
hopefully it involved washing his mouth out with virtual baking grease :D

south-paw
02-19-2003, 02:31 PM
The wierdest part is after having answered someone&#39;s question., and they don&#39;t reply at all, either negatively or positively, to your assistance. Some of these most basic questions could really be answered by a couple of minutes scanning the forum, or just Googling it. I just gotta laugh at the laziness on display sometimes. ;)
Btw, Rocktron, if you were sharing some rare Jamaican ska singles, it wouldn&#39;t hurt to thank you for saving me years outa my life searching record shops and vinyl fairs&#33; :D

DarthInsinuate
02-19-2003, 02:31 PM
wow, you can rip vinyls?

wizzler
02-19-2003, 03:01 PM
I agree there&#39;s nice ppl out there, if there&#39;s a file I&#39;m having difficulty getting I&#39;ll say thank you - i&#39;ve just recently cut all but 10 files I&#39;ve been sharing cause I had difficulty getting them now and they aren&#39;t shared as much. One person pm&#39;d me asking why I wasn&#39;t sharing X,Y,Z file anymore (I&#39;d removed the common ones) and gave abuse because I said I was cutting down my files to uncommon ones such as john doe and at the time Jeremiah which usually took me 7 days to get a full working download from time of release with maybe a day or two just finding more sources without luck. tbh I rarely will be pm&#39;d by anyone (only had 2 in the last month one empty and the other just a single ? on it so I ignored them) but I&#39;ve had the usuall questions of how does this file work etc. just answer them and let it go is my motto.

I&#39;ll be encoding most of my non-digital media soon inc. old tv shows I have around the house - too much is lost and forgotten in the world and kazaa can bring it back :D

Gambo
02-19-2003, 03:55 PM
I often send a PM thanking users. The most common reply I seem to get though is "for what?" Go figure&#33; I also send out PM&#39;s to users if they are downloading a hard to find file and I am going to disconnect (56k). I tell them I will reconnect asap so not to cancel. (Some people need to use the phone you know&#33;) :D

Rocktron
02-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by south-paw@19 February 2003 - 15:31
Btw, Rocktron, if you were sharing some rare Jamaican ska singles, it wouldn&#39;t hurt to thank you for saving me years outa my life searching record shops and vinyl fairs&#33; :D
Sorry man,

i played in a Ska band long long a long time ago&#33; Hhehehehee... and many Reggae Bands, but okay..
Nope sorry, i don&#39;t have any Old Ska records&#33; Mostley real Roots... but if you are living in The Netherlands, i have a site for you that has an amazing collection of everything&#33;
You can order it or get it yourself&#33; PlayLand Records in Delft (The Netherlands) (http://www.playland-records.nl)

But i share a lot of Dub / Reggae but also MUSE DVD rips or Heavy Metal&#33;
Try a search on Kazaa next time and search for "everything" and type: Rocktron
Everything that comes on screen is my stuff or downloaded from me&#33; (Usefull Tag info included in my own files&#33; :D )

But hey&#33; Try me South-Paw ask me something&#33;

And about the issue of this topic again.. i always thank people that let me download at a good speed or when i find special files on them, i was looking for for a long time&#33;

http://images.allposters.com/images/149/2975.jpg

sleepnmojo
02-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ugluk@19 February 2003 - 14:59
some are, well, dumb really.
This is what i get :D

On winmx, i used to get a lot of thank yous.
On kazaa, usually nothing, or someone doesn&#39;t have a codec installed, and they tell me there is something wrong with my movies. Bastards :D

Rocktron
02-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@19 February 2003 - 15:31
wow, you can rip vinyls?
Yes .. You can to&#33; Hheheheee.. takes a lot of time.
Got to have a Pre Amp with a audio out&#33;
Plug it in your PC audio in. I record all my stuff with Soundforge 6.0.

Sounds amazing&#33; :P
http://images.allposters.com/images/20/WAG2479_a.jpg

Rocktron
02-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Gambo@19 February 2003 - 16:55
I often send a PM thanking users. The most common reply I seem to get though is "for what?" Go figure&#33; I also send out PM&#39;s to users if they are downloading a hard to find file and I am going to disconnect (56k). I tell them I will reconnect asap so not to cancel. (Some people need to use the phone you know&#33;) :D
Yes i know but this is because they don&#39;t know who you are...

I often say my thanks and end it with..:

(About the Muse - Hullaballoo DVD rip Files) ........or something&#33;

Then they know who you are...

NikkiD
02-19-2003, 06:02 PM
A lot of stuff I share are episodes of a tv series that is rather hard to find on Kazaa, so I tend to get quite a few thank you PMs from people. I also get a lot of "my goodness you must be obsessed with this show" PM&#39;s since I seem to be one of the few people out there that has every episode. I always send a thank you to anyone I&#39;ve downloaded from, as long as I am at my computer monitoring the downloads. I also try to send a message to most people who upload from me as well, just to let them know what codecs and such they might need for a particular file. Man I am just too nice, aren&#39;t I? But truly, I have found that by doing this, I meet a lot of really cool people, and I have made some good friends who I now trade files with over IM and ftp as well. Anything to keep the sharing alive and well. :D

UmmYeahOk
02-19-2003, 06:40 PM
I share tv episodes too, and being that I taped them when I was very young, these now cancled shows never had the technology to be ripped from VHS. I think its cool that finally someone got a thank you. All I ever get is messages from nonsharers ordering me to get a faster connection. Doesnt matter anyway, because no one ever replies to those things. How can they? they are always offline by the time you hit send. Anyways I once found someone with episodes from one of my series, episodes I did not have. My seasons were almost complete, all they needed were those. I downloaded one, and decided to wait on the others. I messaged this user giving mad props for their collection, also explaining how I had episodes too they could download. My fear was that they would get off before I even finished one. I thought that if I got this guy to download some of my episodes he did not have, I could keep him online to complete mine. Unfortunately no reply and a few seconds later, I never again saw him.

Curley
02-19-2003, 06:43 PM
I did get a thank you once, when someone had downloaded Band of Brothers from me. Apparantly, he/she&#39;d downloaded all the episodes from someone without even checking it. Turned out to be a fake, so I got thanked for my honesty. Its nice to be appreciated, but i&#39;ve never said thanks to anyone yet.