PDA

View Full Version : Rpg Help

imported_greekboy
02-18-2003, 09:50 PM
:D Hi. can any one give me some ideas on some good RPG games
(for the pc). Befor anyone post's anything, you should know that i have a crapy computer.
AMD 475 Mhz
184 MB ram
on board sound card (crap) :angry:
on board video card (crap) :angry:

I have Baldur's Gate and it was amazing. i was thinking of d/l Neverwinter Nights but i can only find it in .iso, so i don't want to d/l all three parts, put them on CD'S just to find out my dumb ass cumputer can't handel it.

:P Thanxxx for any help you can give :lol:

imported_greekboy
02-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Someone, anyone?????????/ :unsure:

MagicNakor
02-19-2003, 02:03 AM
Damn...uh..

Any of the King's Quests
Sanitarium
Return to Krondor
Betrayal at Krondor
Diablo and Diablo II

I know that some of those games aren't necessarily "great," but they're entertaining, at least. ;) Neverwinter Nights won't run on that machine, so I wouldn't bother trying.
A good source for RPGs would be to grab an SNES emulator and a bunch of ROMs.
You could also go to the Underdogs (http://www.the-underdogs.org/) which has enough games to keep you busy for years.

imported_greekboy
02-19-2003, 02:49 AM
i am on that underdog site right now, and it look pretty good.
I have almost every snes rpg ever made, and i have beaten almost all of them :P :D :P . I have also killed both of the Krondor and Diablo games. I think I'll try the King's Quests and Sanitorium one's.
Anyone have any other suggestions??????

ClubDiggler
02-19-2003, 03:24 AM
You will love "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" I already finished it. By the way I also have a crappy
computer. I have a 400 mhz. But it runs great. Let me know&#33; <_< Well this is more of a Quake type
game rather than rpg but you should still try it.

imported_greekboy
02-19-2003, 04:28 AM
i have tryed Return to Castle Wolfenstein, it&#39;s ........ok but nothing big. i have never been big on action-shooter type games. i kind of like Simulation and Strategy games, but i LOVE rpg&#39;s. B)

Supernatural
02-19-2003, 02:29 PM
RtCW is the best online game ever, IMO.

Spindulik
02-19-2003, 10:22 PM
American McGee&#39;s "Alice"
Clive Barker&#39;s "The Undying"
"Theif Gold"
"Tomb Raider" (all of them)

I think these 3D games are considered as role playing games. Probably not what you want.

Rocktron
02-19-2003, 10:33 PM
I hope you don&#39;t mind playing old MS DOS games?

My favorite game is Dungeon Master&#33; (The graphics suck comparing to the one&#39;s now but the game play is really cool&#33;)
Or Eye of The Beholder I and II, but still.., these are very old games&#33; BUT I LIKE THEM&#33;

http://images.allposters.com/images/149/2975.jpg

Cronium
02-20-2003, 09:07 AM
well theres lots of RPGs out now....
Lets take the MMORPG genre for example
Dark Age of Camelot
Everquest
Everquest 2
Asherons Call
Asherons Call 2
Star Wars Galaxies
Ragnarok Online
Helbreath
Ultima Online
Necron
Earth and Beyond

and many others at that..
while most cost money
some are free (Ragnarok and HelBreath)

so if u have a fast connection go and dl them.

On the other hand if you computer has a AGP slot you could simply buy yourself a Geforce 4 Ti4200 for about &#036;125 dollars which isnt really that much and then you will be enjoying your games in T & L splendor&#33; :D

Good Offline Games
Diablo 2
Bulders Gate 2
NeverWinter Nights
Morrowind

cant think of any more......

if you real desprete DL a PSX Emulator and have a go at the FF series i garrentee it will take you at least one week to finish on of them (unless you dont sleep...)

PS. Superman your obviously a RtCW freak and i respect that but dont go saying stupid things like its the best online game ever...

Counter-Strike is and has been Number 1 since 2000

i mean for gods sake more people play the SIMS ONLINE then RtCW

HALF-LIFE FOREVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

That is All.

Lamsey
02-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Thief is a good first-person game which could maybe be classed as RPG.

It&#39;s not a shoot-em-up, it&#39;s a sneak-em-up.

It really is a great game.

There is a sequel, too.

Thief 1 is called "The Dark Project"
Thief 2 is called "The Metal Age"

MagicNakor
02-26-2003, 04:56 AM
Clive Barker&#39;s Undying is considered a shooter.
Thief kind of fits into its own category, it&#39;s designed as a shooter but, as Lamesy said, it&#39;s a "sneaker."
American Mcgee&#39;s Alice is an action game.
The Tomb Raider series is of the action/adventure genre.

Come to think of it, the King&#39;s Quest series fits into the adventure genre, with the exception of 8, which is action/adventure.

The Gabriel Knight series is awesome as well, but again, isn&#39;t an RPG genre but adventure.

I&#39;m too much of an RPG geek. <_<

Benno
02-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Cronium@20 February 2003 - 10:07
well theres lots of RPGs out now....
Lets take the MMORPG genre for example
Dark Age of Camelot
Everquest
Everquest 2
Asherons Call
Asherons Call 2
Star Wars Galaxies
Ragnarok Online
Helbreath
Ultima Online
Necron
Earth and Beyond

and many others at that..
while most cost money
some are free (Ragnarok and HelBreath)

so if u have a fast connection go and dl them.

On the other hand if you computer has a AGP slot you could simply buy yourself a Geforce 4 Ti4200 for about &#036;125 dollars which isnt really that much and then you will be enjoying your games in T & L splendor&#33; :D

Good Offline Games
Diablo 2
Bulders Gate 2
NeverWinter Nights
Morrowind

cant think of any more......

if you real desprete DL a PSX Emulator and have a go at the FF series i garrentee it will take you at least one week to finish on of them (unless you dont sleep...)

Even when he buys a geforce 4 he wont be able to play games like morrowind and neverwinter nights unless he upgrades hes whole computer.

PS. Superman your obviously a RtCW freak and i respect that but dont go saying stupid things like its the best online game ever...

Counter-Strike is and has been Number 1 since 2000
He said that rtcw is the best online game ever in his opinion. ;)

@greekboy download diablo and diablo 2 they are really great games. :)

MagicNakor
02-27-2003, 02:45 AM
With that machine, Diablo 2&#39;s going to lag up like a bitch in points, anyway.

Grim
03-02-2003, 07:48 PM
The best i&#39;ve come across is Might & Magic 6 & 7. Graphics are&#39;nt to hot but i love the gameplay. Sin & Requiem are another 2 of my Favourites.

ToraBoraDweller
03-02-2003, 08:26 PM
To get a general idea go to this site:
http://www.rpgplanet.com/
Here you see previews ,links and screenshots :sorcerer:

TRshady
03-02-2003, 08:38 PM
go to www.emumaniacs.com, get a sega mega drive (genesis) emaulator and get &#39;dungeons & dragons&#39;. Its amazing, anyone else played it?

PsychoClowns
03-03-2003, 01:19 AM
I bought NwN and it runs very slowly, to the point of un playability on an 550 with a Banshee in it with tons of SDRAM(634megs) So i wouldn&#39;t reccomend it for u. Sorry dude

ooo
03-03-2003, 01:33 AM
ummm.... i saw many good lists up above....
Dark Age of Camelot
Everquest
Everquest 2
Asherons Call
Asherons Call 2
Star Wars Galaxies
Ragnarok Online
Helbreath
Ultima Online
Necron
Earth and Beyond
Diablo 2
Bulders Gate 2
NeverWinter Nights
Morrowind
nice complete list there.... i personnally like diablo 2... all blizzard games r nice...

Tigekala69
03-10-2003, 12:58 PM
I would recomend Septerra core, one of the best rpg&#39;s i&#39;v ever played...didnt complete it and am now looking for a download :ph34r:

marble
03-10-2003, 01:50 PM
final fantasy is an excellent rpg. I cant wait for the on-line version for PC.

MagicNakor
03-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Final Fantasy online is just Evercrack with the FF label. <_<

:ninja:

Nightwolf
03-11-2003, 03:08 AM
Icewind Dale II plays like Baldur&#39;s Gate. Search for 2 .bin files from Sharereactor.

nectros
03-11-2003, 05:20 AM
I loved Dues Ex...its kinda a Hybrid RPG-Action game, you probably already plyed it though. Arcanum is a DEEP game. If you ever Played the Fallout series and liked them, you&#39;d love Arcanum.Darkstone is OK, Kinda short though, but overall worth a look. Might and Magic 6 is a Another huge game, at the time it was touted(Checks dictionary) as a game that had over 100 hours of gameplay.

SpectralHero
03-12-2003, 03:05 AM
Oh... About thief I dled the first one but I can&#39;t find a full version of the second one. Can you give me it&#39;s stats and keyword to find it or something? All I see under thief metal age is the demo. :unsure:

Pogu
03-13-2003, 03:10 AM
Go with the Fallout Series games, start with 1 so you can catch on to the story line which connects to 2, then play Tactics. I have a crappy computer also but these games run great and are very fun.

maybe
03-13-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by greekboy@18 February 2003 - 22:50
:D Hi. can any one give me some ideas on some good RPG games
(for the pc). Befor anyone post&#39;s anything, you should know that i have a crapy computer.
AMD 475 Mhz
184 MB ram
on board sound card (crap) :angry:
on board video card (crap) :angry:

I have Baldur&#39;s Gate and it was amazing. i was thinking of d/l Neverwinter Nights but i can only find it in .iso, so i don&#39;t want to d/l all three parts, put them on CD&#39;S just to find out my dumb ass cumputer can&#39;t handel it.

:P Thanxxx for any help you can give :lol:
how much money do u have? i will sell you my laptop. :)

Rocktron
03-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by greekboy@19 February 2003 - 05:28
i have tryed Return to Castle Wolfenstein, it&#39;s ........ok but nothing big. i have never been big on action-shooter type games. i kind of like Simulation and Strategy games, but i LOVE rpg&#39;s.&nbsp; B)
Try the older "Eye of the Beholder" series... it&#39;s DOS based and old i know, but very cool gameplay&#33;

Here is a great list of RPG games: RPG&#39;s (http://www.mobygames.com/genre/sheet/genreId,50/)
Or look here: Eye of the Beholder 2 (http://ironfrost.net/neverwinter/eob2.html)

http://ironfrost.net/neverwinter/images/screenshot.jpg

Good Luck&#33;

"The Avatar Man"
03-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Morrowind.

JMOSDYDFAMFI&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Fakew!ngsMaha
03-16-2003, 06:32 AM
hey i have a question:

i was reading that list someone gave and I noticed that he said Ragnarok Online was free. Last time I checked you needed to sign up for an account and give a credit card number or something. So, were u saying that the program is free or...is playing it free? yea...cause i went on their site and it looks really neat and i want to give it a "go"

JMR
04-05-2003, 09:02 PM
GET A GAMEBOY ADVANCE EMULATOR OF KAZAA & LUNAR LEGENDS&#33;&#33;
IVE GOT 125 GBA GAMES JUST LOOK FOR JMR