PDA

View Full Version : Share For God Sakes!

Monkey
02-19-2003, 01:05 AM
I see 90 ppl have the file i want, btw i get like 2 connections and they are like .2 each, need some better sources, it is good to have ur thing be 1 upload max so your connection focus and is better.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-19-2003, 01:08 AM
;) Actually, they could be 56k users. Also, If you have DSL or higher, make sure Upload slots are at least 3 because not everyone has DSL or higher and most can't DL at speeds that will max out your upload bandwidth.

Monkey
02-19-2003, 01:10 AM
if i have 1 as max i will send at 20k, if i have 3 then i send at 5 wich is bad so ppl download slow, would u rather have fast download or wait a little bit

ok i make 2

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-19-2003, 01:13 AM
most can't DL at speeds that will max out your upload bandwidth.
Don't forget that your usually not the only user that has the file. You still have to wait for even a fast DL so it doesn't matter to me. I have other things to do IRL. :o

Switeck
02-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Monkey@18 February 2003 - 20:10
if i have 1 as max i will send at 20k, if i have 3 then i send at 5 wich is bad so ppl download slow, would u rather have fast download or wait a little bit

ok i make 2
LIMIT your upload bandwidth in Kazaa to 128kilobits/sec or even 160 kilobits/sec and your connection will run faster all-around.

TRshady
02-19-2003, 10:15 AM
Sorry to wade away from the actual topic but as a solution is posted just want to ask, does uploading effect your download speed?
I dont mind if it does but im sure this is the case because when uploading my download speed is slower.
(im expecting,"no, it dont effect, just carry on sharing". :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by TRshady@19 February 2003 - 05:15
Sorry to wade away from the actual topic but as a solution is posted just want to ask, does uploading effect your download speed?
I dont mind if it does but im sure this is the case because when uploading my download speed is slower.
(im expecting,"no, it dont effect, just carry on sharing". :)
;) Y es it does effect it,that is why you can limit the upload bandwith in most Peer-to-Peer programs(including Kazaa).If you fell like limiting the bandwith that is fine I guess...just remember that when you are downloading at a slow speed...maybe that is what they have done. :D

Yusuke
02-19-2003, 10:31 AM
In kazaa the amount of stuff you upload don't effect your download speeds (unless your upload bandwidth is maxed out, than that will effect your downloads), you could even not share if you wanted to (I hope you wanna share though) and still download just fine..
In eMule/eDonkey the amount of stuff you upload has an effect on your downloads though

TRshady
02-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Ive aways shared and always will, it was just a query, I dont see why uploading effects downloading (take a road for example, the no. of cars driving up a street wont effect how much or how fast the cars can go on the other side.)