PDA

View Full Version : Tip To Not Multiple Post

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-19-2003, 01:23 AM
This was first posted by The_Great_Dude. The reason I'm posting this because I'm still seeing mupltiple posts. I saw a quintuple post today so yea... Correct me if there's a sticky about this that I haven't seen yet or add to it or say what ya want or say nothin at all. ;)

Tip for avoiding Multiple Posts and yelled at  :

1. When you post and find something like "page not found" or "cannot find", don't refresh or press the back button and repost just yet.
2. Go back to the area you are about to post, now check to see if your topic or reply is already there. If it is there, then you don't have to do anything.
3. If your topic or reply is not there, and you typed something really long, you could press back to the posting page with what you were about post. Copy that and paste it next time you post your topic or reply.

Chilly
02-19-2003, 01:49 AM
Have been doing that for about a week now :(

Wish it was SORTED

N£MO
02-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Multiple posts suck... ;)

Sir_Loki
02-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Yep, we need somebody 24/7 to remove that shit.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-19-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Sir_Loki@19 February 2003 - 05:35
Yep, we need somebody 24/7 to remove that shit.
;) The MODs do.....I help jetje all the time or at least try. :lol:

Sticky On This Subject (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=16019)

south-paw
02-19-2003, 02:52 PM
I was guilty of a quadruple post today, but having read further now, I should be able to make sure that was a one-off. Sorry to MODS for any headaches caused!

TheMan1891
02-19-2003, 03:07 PM
I have never done that thank God but thats getting freaking annoying since I have E-mail alerts to every post that comes in. Stop the multiple posts!

imported_computerfreak76
02-19-2003, 11:44 PM
the problems with the double posts are site related so the mods and or site owner needs to be fixing this problem its not our responsiblity to be finding ways around this problem.

im not knocking on the mods but is the site owner aware of this problem and trying to do something about it?

freak
02-26-2003, 12:20 AM
Yeah i figured the way not to double post awhile ago but sometime i'll get a triple post and i only pressed the add new topic button once??? don't know why it did it still don't

The Great Dude
02-26-2003, 12:23 AM
I think this is multiple posts is already fixed, from moving to another server.

SideSwiped
02-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Nope dude, you should have seen the mega reposts in questions. And that just this morning. And I did the dreaded out of topic post with the title of do not hit refresh. I really think that at the top it should be pinned above all boards regarding the double posting thing, I get the error screens after being logged in for a few hours, so I shut down one explorer window and open a new on, prob solved. The problem is that ppl don't scan thru all the topics to see what is happening and what is discussed elsewhere, so those that don't spend hours just reading won't know the problem exists unless it's in their face in every topic, sad to say but it's the only way to get the message accross to all.