PDA

View Full Version : Shareaza Betrayed Me!

johnrsellers
12-28-2003, 07:41 AM
I've been trying to D/L Turbo Pascal for Windows for four hours w/ Shareaza.....using KL, I got it in 20 minitues.

DarthInsinuate
12-28-2003, 12:21 PM
yeah, Shareaza sucks - EVERYTHING takes 16 times longer than it does with Kazaa, EVERYTHING <_<

Cotton
12-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@28 December 2003 - 12:21
yeah, Shareaza sucks - EVERYTHING takes 16 times longer than it does with Kazaa, EVERYTHING <_<
True

chinook_apache
12-28-2003, 01:55 PM
i havent downloaded any apps or games but mp3&#39;s download super fast with shareaza.

Cotton
12-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by chinook_apache@28 December 2003 - 13:55
i havent downloaded any apps or games but mp3&#39;s download super fast with shareaza.
False

muchspl2
12-28-2003, 03:13 PM
the thing is soon a person or persons will say shareaza is super fast @ torrents, thats false also, if you get shadows client or a client built on shadows core you will get even faster speeds
what trick people up and I believe they did it on purpose is by defaulting to kbs instead of KB&#39;s
it seems to me its clearly meant to be a deception to n00bs to think its going faster than it really is

don&#39;t get me wrong emule is great for rare movies

BullWinkle
12-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Thats to bad your experience using it wasn&#39;t very good. I my downloads are faster useing shareaza than kazaa. Maybe your settings aren&#39;t right. Only takes a few hours to download a game, maybe 10-20 seconds for a song. The only problem I had was my isp called because I was using more bandwidth than a large business.

Sony
12-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@28 December 2003 - 16:13

what trick people up and I believe they did it on purpose is by defaulting to kbs instead of KB&#39;s
it seems to me its clearly meant to be a deception to n00bs to think its going faster than it really is

yeah they fooled me with that one to..i dont use it no more cus it&#39;s fucking slow man

muchspl2
12-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by BullWinkle@28 December 2003 - 10:19
Thats to bad your experience using it wasn&#39;t very good. I my downloads are faster useing shareaza than kazaa. Maybe your settings aren&#39;t right. Only takes a few hours to download a game, maybe 10-20 seconds for a song. The only problem I had was my isp called because I was using more bandwidth than a large business.
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/bssmell.jpg

infamousalbo101
12-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2+28 December 2003 - 12:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 28 December 2003 - 12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BullWinkle@28 December 2003 - 10:19
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/bssmell.jpg [/b][/quote]
:P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aserty
12-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Shareaza is faster then Shadows client for torrents because it downloads off of the other netoworks at the same time.

muchspl2
12-28-2003, 07:45 PM
its never happen to me, think its just a myth
any confirmation on this in the real world

aserty
12-28-2003, 08:43 PM
When I get back from my vacation I will start a torrent a take a screen shot if it downloading off otehr netowrks for you.

Champion
12-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by johnrsellers@28 December 2003 - 08:41
I&#39;ve been trying to D/L Turbo Pascal for Windows for four hours w/ Shareaza.....using KL, I got it in 20 minitues.
shareaza and emule and many others program uses other way to download files..
so you will see that in those program you often download slow..
in all fasttrack u will download fast in kinda way.. but fasttrack have much more fakes file than any others...

johnrsellers
12-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Considering most of my KL downloads are "legit", it&#39;s still better than Shareaza. Besides, I&#39;ve turned on the "Filter bogus music and video files." I know it won&#39;t catch &#39;em all, but it helps.

Kevo
12-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@28 December 2003 - 15:13
the thing is soon a person or persons will say shareaza is super fast @ torrents, thats false also, if you get shadows client or a client built on shadows core you will get even faster speeds

don&#39;t get me wrong emule is great for rare movies
Uh, shareaza defaults to kb&#39;s instead of KB&#39;s because they are much more accurate than KBs. And trust me, shareaza is way faster and better for BT&#39;s than any other BT only client. No other BT client can you swarm from 4 different networks all at once.

muchspl2
12-29-2003, 12:45 AM
I would like to try it again, but I have always gotten faster speeds on other clients, I could never get stuff from other networks, guess bt is the only network besides newsgroups and irc that have had the torrents I have tried
whats a good one thats @ suprnova and well spread on g2 network

StyleWarz
12-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Ok, Kazaa Lite is faster, but I use Shareaza for software... It&#39;s a really good program to find working and virus-free warez&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

RealitY
01-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by aserty@28 December 2003 - 11:11
Shareaza is faster then Shadows client for torrents because it downloads off of the other netoworks at the same time.
I have had torrents that were swarming with others on the G2 network as well. Though it may be that those same users would also be accessable while using another client as well. Where this may differ is that after completion of the torrent if it is left in the shared folder and the screen for shareaza has had the clear completed clicked then that file may now only be available to swarm with other G2 users.

However it appears shraeaza cannot access all sources for a torrent or has some limitation or bandwidth issues while downloading, perhaps it can only handle so many connections. I say this because I have never had a torrent on shareaza go beyond around 40KB (not kb). I have tested downloading the same torrents at the same time using shareaza and shadow, the shareaza torrents would max out at about 40KB if lucky while the shadow torrent was around 150KB, thats proof...

sharedholder
01-02-2004, 12:46 AM
For the movies, games BITTORENT

For music Blubster

Kenny1036
01-06-2004, 11:29 PM
The problem with Shareaza is that it downloads using KILOBITS, and Kazaa uses KILOBYTEs, the difference is that 8 KILOBITS equals 1 KILOBYTE so take that into mind when downloading from shareaza.

aserty
01-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Kenny1036@6 January 2004 - 23:29
The problem with Shareaza is that it downloads using KILOBITS, and Kazaa uses KILOBYTEs, the difference is that 8 KILOBITS equals 1 KILOBYTE so take that into mind when downloading from shareaza.
Or just change it in options.

DVD PIRATE III
01-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Champion@29 December 2003 - 11:19
but fasttrack have much more fakes file than any others...
Aint that just the truest statement youve ever seen?...

Welcome to Fasttrack Network...the home of false files, screechy mp3&#39;s and before I forget...the RIAA

Joakim Agren
01-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Hello&#33;

I dont know if Shareaza is faster or slower then Kazaa Lite but one thing that annoys me in Kazaa Lite is the incorrect depiction of the download speed in the traffic window. It is showed as Kb which means Kilobits. But they are really shown in KB as in KiloBytes which is 8 times faster. Why is this it is strange??

For instance I currently got a movie file downloading at 240Kb according to Kazaa Lite but if I look at the rate at which the MB of the file increases I can see that it moves at a speed of about 1 MB every 5 seconds which means 200KiloBytes not bits every second or about 2400Kilobits/second. The difference as many people know between KiloBytes and bits is that KB is written with a capital B and bits with a normal b.

This is my maximum available bandwidth (2.5Mbit/s actually) it is not common to reach those speeds on Kazaa but it happens sometimes when the file is very popular or on a good host source. When I was using Gnutella thet pretty much never happened. My maximum record there was around 1Mbit/s which is a great speed on Gnutella but not that uncommon on Kazaa. Also Gnutella is very decentralised even more so then Fast Track so finding hard to get rare files there is even harder. And also the connections when downloading on Gnutella is very unstable and if you dont baby sit your computer you is bound to loose the connection when a crucial UltraPeer is lost. I do not know about the the other networks though. I have not used Shareaza since it become multiple networks client. But I feel the urge to try it out so I have downloaded it now just to try it and se if it is any better then LimeWire and older Shareaza that I used&#33;.

Nobelium
01-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by johnrsellers@28 December 2003 - 07:41
I&#39;ve been trying to D/L Turbo Pascal for Windows for four hours w/ Shareaza.....using KL, I got it in 20 minitues.
Maybe because there millions of ppl on Kazaa compared to under 100k on Raza? DUH&#33;&#33;

balbanebeoulve
01-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Shareaza isn&#39;t a network, it&#39;s like trillian. There&#39;s no "trillian" network. It just connects to other ones... So if there is only one guy on Shareaza, he can still download, duh&#33;

Spider_dude
01-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder@2 January 2004 - 00:46
For the movies, games BITTORENT

For music Blubster
in denial.

ultimatejester
01-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Shareaza disappointed me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

junkyardking
01-16-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by balbanebeoulve@15 January 2004 - 00:18
Shareaza isn&#39;t a network, it&#39;s like trillian. There&#39;s no "trillian" network. It just connects to other ones... So if there is only one guy on Shareaza, he can still download, duh&#33;
That&#39;s wrong, G2 is Shareaza own network ;)

aserty
01-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking+16 January 2004 - 05:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 16 January 2004 - 05:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-balbanebeoulve@15 January 2004 - 00:18
That&#39;s wrong, G2 is Shareaza own network ;) [/b][/quote]
He doesn&#39;t mean Shareaza doesn&#39;t have it&#39;s own network, he means it isn&#39;t its own network.

NotoriousBIC
01-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by aserty@28 December 2003 - 21:11
It cannot download from Bittorrent and Emule at the same time.
It&#39;s impossible due to the way Bittorrent works, as it&#39;s rather random in what parts of the file(s) it gets.

What it CAN do is RESUME from Bittorrent and vica versa.

So it&#39;s good for finishing those files where the tracker went upside-down or all the seeders left.

Jonne
01-16-2004, 04:40 PM
it can, you just need to enter the right hash of the file (or get a torrent that was made with torrentaid). (but by the time you get to the end of the ed2k queue your download will already have finished...)

Mavol
01-24-2004, 05:15 PM
shareaza takes years to connect to G2&#33;&#33;&#33;

Desert Eagle
01-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Yeah, Shareaza does suck. I tried it for a couple of days and then uninstalled it. KL is much faster. They may fool noobs into thinking they have great speeds with the kilobytes/kilobits thing, but I know better.

BlacKnightSC
02-10-2004, 08:53 PM
It really depends on what files your downloading...some of my downloads on shareaza go like shit at times (especially when u try to download off of the edonkey network, will only use overnet for it from now on), but i was getting like 200-300 kb with this iso i was downloading through bittorrent. Course it also depends on other things like the torrent u get, ur settings, etc. right now im getting about 120kb per sec with 1 download off it.

Id say after 3 months of using it and comparing it to ABC for torrents, their both good and i sometimes get higher speeds through shareaza. No BS, and i know the diff between kb and KB for ur info.

supernova
02-16-2004, 03:38 AM
Long Time Reader, 1st Time Poster........................&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

SHAREAZA ROCKS 4 TORRENTS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :P

ps.
:01: LONG LIVE KAZAA LITE :01:

supersonic
02-16-2004, 10:42 PM
I tried shareaza since klite was shutdown by shareman..
It all depends on the kind of server (ed2k) u connect to, the file(s) you request and your credit (how much uploading) you have...
Shareaza sucks sometimes, but other times I got some files that you can never find in kazaa. Sometimes the speeds are really high like 21.xx KILOBYTES. Again, it all depends on several factors that affect the speed. I never got a corrupted file in shareaza, where in kazaa I tried to download medal of honour 17 times (trying all of the available downloads) and none of them were Medal of honour(either Red Alert or corrupted .zips/.rars and .aces). I found kazaa really fast like hell in mp3,especially for new songs...I tried to get "out of control" of kazaa for 100 times, but they were all scr33Chy, where in shareaza I downloaded the song in minutes nad it worked from the first time, but it was G2 or G1 I think.
This is imo and I could be totally OFF.

Stealthspy
02-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@2 January 2004 - 00:38
I have had torrents that were swarming with others on the G2 network as well. Though it may be that those same users would also be accessable while using another client as well. Where this may differ is that after completion of the torrent if it is left in the shared folder and the screen for shareaza has had the clear completed clicked then that file may now only be available to swarm with other G2 users.

However it appears shraeaza cannot access all sources for a torrent or has some limitation or bandwidth issues while downloading, perhaps it can only handle so many connections. I say this because I have never had a torrent on shareaza go beyond around 40KB (not kb). I have tested downloading the same torrents at the same time using shareaza and shadow, the shareaza torrents would max out at about 40KB if lucky while the shadow torrent was around 150KB, thats proof...
Yes, that bug is being looked into. It appears something happened with the optimized BitTorrent piece picker in 1.8.10.8. We are trying to fix that ASAP.

Ok, Kazaa Lite is faster, but I use Shareaza for software... It&#39;s a really good program to find working and virus-free warez&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; :D
Unlike FastTrack, many excellent and reliable sites such as PeerWeb find the cream of the crop (the verified and fast downloads) on Shareaza&#39;s G2 Network. Try it out (http://www.peerweb.org) - I promise you won&#39;t be dissapointed.

Shareaza isn&#39;t a network, it&#39;s like trillian. There&#39;s no "trillian" network. It just connects to other ones... So if there is only one guy on Shareaza, he can still download, duh&#33;That&#39;s correct. Shareaza also gives you choice of which network you want to connect to.

It cannot download from Bittorrent and Emule at the same time.
It&#39;s impossible due to the way Bittorrent works, as it&#39;s rather random in what parts of the file(s) it gets.

What it CAN do is RESUME from Bittorrent and vica versa.

So it&#39;s good for finishing those files where the tracker went upside-down or all the seeders left.
No, that is incorrect. With aid.com]TorrentAid (http://www[torrent files are not allowed) Torrents, shareaza can grab the tigertree/SHA1/MD5 and multisource. It is becoming increasingly common now.

Yeah, Shareaza does suck.&nbsp; I tried it for a couple of days and then uninstalled it.&nbsp; KL is much faster.&nbsp; They may fool noobs into thinking they have great speeds with the kilobytes/kilobits thing, but I know better.
We don&#39;t "fool noobs". b is the standard way of measuring network traffic. B is the standard way of measuring file size. What&#39;s your internet connection rated in? Bits? Well, wouldn&#39;t you like to see how much of the Connection your download is untilizing? I know I&#39;d rather see that at first glance rather than try to figure it out through B/s, which I do when I can&#39;t use b/s.

And I&#39;ll post screenshots of lightning fast MP3 downloads. Just do this for fast downloads:

Start up Shareaza and wait 3 minutes. Check to see if it is connected (home tab/network tab)
Now, Search for a good MP3. Be sure to search in the advanced view (and select search only Gnutella2).
Wait a bit, then sort by sources. Download the one with the most sources.

Have fun listening to the MP3&#33; Probably took you less time to read this post&#33;