PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Movie Sequels At A Glance

zhelynd
12-28-2003, 10:19 AM
here we go again, another good movie year has gone, alot of good sequels made this year, all did sooo welll with box office, it's more or less that sequel franchise is really a proven successfull marketing gimmick for publishers, cash cows, big time!

ok enough of the crappy introduct i hate english any ways :)

let's cut to the chase, i did some googling and summarized some of the most anticipated upcoming sequels here for future reference at debate (orders dont mean anything)

1) The Ring: Naomi Watts will return to this horror movie about the a cursed video tape

2) X2-United: Most of you all heard it, Brian Singinger is working on his next X-Men project with the same crew, it would be a shame if t hey dont make it X2 was such a great film and everyone who saw it should be no way letting the studio stop right there.

3) Ocean's Twelve: Steven Solderbourgh will reunite Julia Roberts, BradPitt, George Clooney and Andy Garcia to make a sequel to 2001's Ocean's Eleven, cool movie huh? oh yea you bet your azz it was

4) Pirate of Carribbean: A sequel is now planning in the studio, it's just a romor but i just saw the movie it's definitely sequel material and hope thie rumor turn out to be true, i love that movie

5) Kill Bill Vol2: If you saw KB1, no way your gonna miss the second, coz that's where the rest of the story will be exposed. also expect to have some inetense blood and flesh actions. come ou in 2 months from this theread

5) Spider Man 2: we just saw the trailer it's out in only 7 months

6) Star War ep3: I dont know how George Locus is gonna screw up Star Wars for another run but still, worth to pay 8 bucks to see some special affects maybe?

7) Shrek 2: We saw the trailers, it's not that exciting, maybe they target this one for youth and kids. coming out in a few months.

8) Daredevil: New movie may be called Elekra, dont know much about yyet but they sure will bring out a sequel, no further info available

9) Blade 3: The vampire killing Wesley Snipe is back and there will be more weirer stuff to kill, i dont know what, can it be aliens or ET? Should be available late 2004

10) The Mask Sequel, you all saw the trailer, i dont expect much from it go google you may find some nice pic

11) Freddy Vs Jason Sequal: they are already working on the plan, some guy named Dick Richard and Dyland something will star the project, hope they do a better job this time

12) Scary Movie 4 is coming maybe same time next year, which movies they are going to make fun of this time, maybe lord of the rings, lol

13) Terminator 4: this one is gonna take us to the future, just like Leo takes us to the real world. Now but how Johg Connar is gonna become the president, no i mean leader of the resistance, we will know maybe by the end of 2004.

14) JUrassic park 4 will probably be out in 1 years and a half from today, Directed by Simon West, Sam Nail is back, Steven Speilburg will be producer again, i personally thinks this quite highly but Simon west had some crappy production history like Tom Raiders 1 and 2

15) Harry Potter, well what can i say, just wait for may 2004, go google it if you like the first 2 or below 14

16) Mission Impossible 3, Tom Cruise again with a differen director, but anyways, the studio decide to postpone the releasae day of the next MI movie from May2004
to i dont know when but hopefully still inside 2004

and there are lot of other possible sequels like chucky, rockie and stuff like that
and most of the information i provide here are from all over the web, may be rumors, but a lot of information are quite solid.

and if you happend to find some more sequels i failed to mention, please return a thread, 2003 was really a good year for movies man, peace

nomsans
12-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Marvel Studios' Avi Arad announced that a new writer for The Hulk 2 has just been hired. No word on who the new writer is. A TV show based on The Hulk movie may also be coming in the future. Thanks to Superherohype.com for the heads up!

Batman V: Intimidation
No plot has been leaked just yet for Chris Nolan's Batman version. Sources tell us this will be an origin story and will feature Ras Al Ghul as the main villain. Scarecrow might make an appearance. Stay Tuned.

The Crow 4:
Set in the Southwest, "Prayer" tells the story of ex-con Jimmy Cuervo (Edward Furlong) and his girlfriend, Lily (Chriqui), who are murdered by Luc Crash (Boreanaz) and his satanic gang Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse as part of a ritual for Crash to become an immortal demon.

Daredevil II
December 8, 2003: Ben Affleck spoke to SciFi Wire about reprising his role as Daredevil, a role he isn't really considering: "I don't know about Daredevil II," Affleck said in an interview while promoting his upcoming SF movie Paycheck. "That may be too much work for me. I don't have any idea." Affleck added that he'd consider it if friend, filmmaker and sometime Daredevil comic-book writer Kevin Smith took part. "I suppose that if Kevin Smith wrote it and was going to be involved, I would do it," he said. "But I'm not banging down the door trying to get Daredevil II made. You'll know when my career is really on the slide when I start resurrecting the franchise." Ben went out to say he would do a cameo appearance in an Elektra movie. Thanks to Sci-Fi Wire for the interview.

'Leon II" Le Professionale'
To some its known as "Leon", to others "The Professional". The Luc Besson film classic with Jean Reno & Gary Oldman also launched the career of a then very young and unknown Natalie Portman. Now, many years later she maybe returning to the role that started it all.

In an interview for People Magazine, Portman was asked about what she's up to now that her "Star Wars" commitments are over:

"When Episode 3 finishes? I don't know. To tell you the truth, I'd like to just relax for a while. Kick back with some friends. If anything, it might be something with Luc Besson, a follow-up to a film I did when I was younger called Leon. The script's really great, and near worth delaying a vacation for. The only problem would be that I would have to hit the gym again - and at the moment I can't even envision tying my own laces up my own laces up".

Rumoured to be joining the sequel is Asian action star Jet Li although that talk was not brought up. Portman did however comment on recent rumours that she'd been cast as Lois Lane in Warners much troubled attempts to resurrect the "Superman" franchise:

"No more than a rumor at this stage. But who wouldn't want to play Lois Lane?"

Thanks to 'evolushun, 'Dimi' & 'JHBlade'

"Alien vs. Predator" - The discovery of an ancient pyramid buried in Antarctica sends a team of adventurers to the frozen continent. There, they make an even more terrifying discovery: two alien races (from the "Alien" and "Predator" film francises) engaged in the ultimate battle. No matter who wins, we lose.

cpt_azad
12-28-2003, 12:05 PM
"Alien vs. Predator" - The discovery of an ancient pyramid buried in Antarctica sends a team of adventurers to the frozen continent. There, they make an even more terrifying discovery: two alien races (from the "Alien" and "Predator" film francises) engaged in the ultimate battle. No matter who wins, we lose. :D :D :D thats all i care about at this point in time, oh ya, and star wars episode 3. sure, episode 1 and 2 were crap, but still got respect for lucas. nothing comes close to the original star wars eps (4,5,6) and you know it.

RGX
12-28-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@28 December 2003 - 12:05

"Alien vs. Predator" - The discovery of an ancient pyramid buried in Antarctica sends a team of adventurers to the frozen continent. There, they make an even more terrifying discovery: two alien races (from the "Alien" and "Predator" film francises) engaged in the ultimate battle. No matter who wins, we lose. :D :D :D thats all i care about at this point in time, oh ya, and star wars episode 3. sure, episode 1 and 2 were crap, but still got respect for lucas. nothing comes close to the original star wars eps (4,5,6) and you know it.
I agree :D

CharlieManson
12-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Hopefully it Leon II gets the go ahead,that would be very cool indeed to see