PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Way To Take Screenshots

DWk
12-28-2003, 11:08 AM
ok..just wondering how these ppl take pics from their bios or POST or before they boot up.....any ideas how this is done? thanks :)

Smurfette
12-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by DWk@28 December 2003 - 11:08
ok..just wondering how these ppl take pics from their bios or POST or before they boot up.....any ideas how this is done? thanks :)
The only ones I've seen have been done with a camera - using a fairly long exposure time will reduce the banding that can appear.

DWk
12-28-2003, 12:33 PM
what u mean long exposure time?

Smurfette
12-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by DWk@28 December 2003 - 12:33
what u mean long exposure time?
On a normal camera, the exposure is generally set by the length of time the shutter is open (although changing the f-stop can have an effect) much like the length of time photographers uncovered the lens 100-odd years ago.
Normally the shutter speed should be set as fast as possible for the available light to prevent blurring in moving objects, but if it is set too quick when taking a pic of a monitor or TV, it'll only grab the part of the screen that was being refreshed at that time with dark bands showing on the rest.

I'm not sure if I've made that very clear. :unsure:

balamm
12-28-2003, 01:16 PM
FFS, have none of you ever heard of VMware or VPC?????
You just grab a windowed screen shot of the guest OS.

If you only want the bios info, try your print screen button. I know mine works in bios but I killed it before I saw what it wanted to print. It was likely just a text report though.

DWk
12-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by balamm@28 December 2003 - 06:16
FFS, have none of you ever heard of VMware or VPC?????
You just grab a windowed screen shot of the guest OS.

If you only want the bios info, try your print screen button. I know mine works in bios but I killed it before I saw what it wanted to print. It was likely just a text report though.
thx for changing ur avatar, balamm :P

ok..... i dont have 2 os's.... so i dont think/know if i can do it that way?

print screen? and then copy-paste in photoshop? or is the file saved automatically?

balamm
12-28-2003, 01:35 PM
No, if you have a printer connected on LPT and it's recognized by your bios, then it should just print with default hardware settings. kinda like plain text, old dot matrix font probably.

Umm yeah I think the avatar got it's point accross maybe. I don't see a lot of bare ass's and fat tits staring back at me anymore. It was gettin outta hand for a while there.

DWk
12-28-2003, 02:09 PM
lol indeed...

anyways.... i dont want to waste paper or ink lol.... expensive.... but i guess i should get a camera :D