PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Way To Block People Who Don't Share!

Tonkatsu
12-28-2003, 12:15 PM
I'm getting highly pissed at a couple of users.

Every time I need a file from them I get Q'd. They refuse to share with me.
They won't accept messages and they won't let me browse their shared files.

Yet, they keep trying to grab files from me!

In other words, they're freaking leeches! :angry:

I don't want to share my files with someone who won;t share with me. But aside from manually cancelling the upload every time they try to grab from me, I can;t find any way to prevent it without blocking all downloads.

If someone's being a dick and not sharing they should be blocked. Hell, they should be blacklisted, if you ask me.

Is there a way to block speciffic users? If not, then why not?

cosmic doobie
12-28-2003, 12:28 PM
<_< Block them in your firewall if you have one - it&#39;s that simple&#33;

DVD PIRATE III
12-28-2003, 12:56 PM
the age old question again...So how di you know they aint sharing?..

READ THE FAQ&#39;S

Rip The Jacker
12-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@28 December 2003 - 04:56
So how di you know they aint sharing?..
Exactly. In the K++ options you can check "Users can&#39;t get a list of all your shared files."

Spock4
12-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Well even though they dont share, share anyways thats why its called a PEER TO PEER PROGRAM.

<_<

Autumn Fox
12-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Tonkatsu@28 December 2003 - 12:15
(...)
Every time I need a file from them I get Q&#39;d. (...)
If you get queued it means only that thoes users have their upload slots full.
In other word: They share "so much" that you just have to wait in line.

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 05:39 AM
Ah, but if they&#39;re not sharing with ME then why the hell should I share with them?

And they&#39;ve got messages turned off so I can&#39;t ask them nicely about it.

If they don&#39;t weant to share or be neighborly then why should I do the same?

Anyhow, as to blocking with my firewall...what if they don&#39;t have a static IP?

Autumn Fox
12-29-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Tonkatsu@29 December 2003 - 05:39
Ah, but if they&#39;re not sharing with ME then why the hell should I share with them?
(...)
If they don&#39;t weant to share or be neighborly then why should I do the same?
Dude, change that attitude. As Spock4 said
PEER TO PEER There are no users with more or less rights to files, we&#39;re all equall. So if you just wait in line or jump SuperNodes you&#39;ll get that files. Peace.

DVD PIRATE III
12-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Tonkatsu@29 December 2003 - 18:39

And they&#39;ve got messages turned off so I can&#39;t ask them nicely about it.

Anyhow, as to blocking with my firewall...what if they don&#39;t have a static IP?
Nobody forced you to install kazaa lite on your computer...
Nobody forces you to share.
Nobody forces you to cry about it on this forum
NOBODY GIVES A FUCK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
have you got the message yet?

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 11:38 AM
I get the message that you;re a rude, mentally impaired fucktard.

All I asked is if I can ban certain people from DLing off me.
This asshole, for instance, would be banned for being such a colossal dick.

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 11:43 AM
While we&#39;re at it, someone actually made a useful suggestion, jumping supernodes.

I&#39;ve tried that. But I get the exact same grinchy users no matter how many times I jump.

DVD PIRATE III
12-29-2003, 12:00 PM
like i said ...my heart bleeds for you...lol

Now someone pass a hanky please, my eyes have tears in them :lol:

You couldnt ban me anyways...i gave up on kazaa back when version 2.4. something came out...
i just stick around to hear the moaning noobies(YOU) whine at what lifes dished them out

Vargas
12-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Tonkatsu@29 December 2003 - 11:43
While we&#39;re at it, someone actually made a useful suggestion, jumping supernodes.

I&#39;ve tried that. But I get the exact same grinchy users no matter how many times I jump.
kazaa is for sharers, winmx is for traders. . .
go back to winmx :rolleyes:

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 12:08 PM
I&#39;ve never been to winmx

While we&#39;re on the topic of cuddliness and trading and being better than everyone else, then why don&#39;t some of you get over yourselves and help me out?

Maybe if I&#39;m helped I&#39;ll see the errors of my ways and leave you in peace.
Meanwhile, giving me guilt trips and flames is only going to make me come back.

So...what good does jumping supernodes do if every time I do it I get the exact same users who won&#39;t SHARE with me?
And why isn&#39;t anyone flaming them? I WANT to share. If I didn&#39;t I&#39;d just TURN OFF SHARING. I want to share, these people don&#39;t. Who&#39;s the one in need of a browbeating from people who STEAL?

I just don&#39;t want to share with TWO PEOPLE, while still sharing my files with EVERYONE ELSE

But at this point I&#39;d settle for just knowing why the fuck people tell me to jump supernodes if it doesn;t give me a new list of people to share with?

DWk
12-29-2003, 12:18 PM
dude....look.... the purpose of p2p is CARELESS sharing.... its not tic for tac or tac for tic..... its just giving shit... like christmas.....

either get that on ur stubborn head or turn off sharing :angry:

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 12:27 PM
First off, we&#39;ve already established that I WANT TO FUCKING SHARE

And that my problem is with people who DON&#39;T FUCKING WANT TO SHARE with ME.

And don&#39;t give me the idealistic BS about this being a community of people who share for the sake of sharing and goodness and fucking teddyberar farts. Because the obvious hostility I&#39;ve gotten from not wanting to share with TWO PEOPLE is proof that the huggsy-wuggsy line is total BULLSHIT. If half of you arrogant pricks were really that concerned with altruism then you wouldn&#39;t be such assholes.

Am I the only person who thinks getitng a guilt trip about sharing from a den of thieves is just the slightest bit hypocritical?

Besides that, the topic has moved on. I&#39;m now asking about jumping supernodes and why the hell it doesn;t do dick.

Vargas
12-29-2003, 12:33 PM
it dont do dick because your IP and username are stored in their partial downloaded dat files, so even if you change IP they can search kazaa for your file through your username in the supernodes

BTW can you show me your "nice message" you wanted to send the user in question?

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 12:44 PM
I was trying to jump supernodes to find alternate sources for the files I want, not to try to evade the people who weren&#39;t allowing me to get files from them. I&#39;ve actually accepted the fact that there&#39;s not much I can do about them.

Is it for the reason you mentioned that I can&#39;t seem to download off of anyone new when I jump? Do I have to start a brand new search/download when I jump?

As to the mesage, it usually goes something like this.

"I&#39;m sorry to intrude, but I really need this file. Is there any way you could let me get it from you?"

Usually this just resultsd in a &#39;failed to deliver&#39; message, stony silence or a curt suggestion to go fuck myself.
Though sometimes it has worked. In more than one ocasion it lead to exchangin AIM info and direct file transfers. One of the people I&#39;ve asked has even become a fairly good friend of mine.

Believe it or not, I enjoy chatting with otuer users and I do my best to make a positive first impression.
In this case, I got hostility and guilt trips, and so I reacted with hostility.
Don&#39;t get me wrong, a couple people have tried offering suggestions, and I thank them. But their voices are lost in the ironic ranting of others.

Vargas
12-29-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Tonkatsu@29 December 2003 - 05:39
Every time I need a file from them I get Q&#39;d. ... if they&#39;re not sharing with ME then why the hell should I share with them?
that ain&#39;t sharing, thats trading

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 12:55 PM
And not sharing is still not sharing.
And anything we do is still stealing.
So...why does it matter, and what does that have to do with why jumping supernodes doesn&#39;t give me any fresh sources of downloads?

If you&#39;ll note, I&#39;ve gotten over the fact that people would rather take from me than help me out. The only reason I&#39;m even talking about it still is because I have to keep defending myself from thieves who think they&#39;re better than other thieves.

The curreent thread of conversation is "If I can&#39;t keep them from downloading from me, can I at least find another source to download from?"

Vargas
12-29-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Tonkatsu@29 December 2003 - 12:44
I can&#39;t seem to download off of anyone new when I jump supernodes? Do I have to start a brand new search/download when I jump?
just rightclick and select "find more source" or use speedup/accelerator

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 01:00 PM
I&#39;ve tried that, it doesn&#39;t seem to make a difference.
Ah well, I guess it&#39;s just too rare a file.

Well, thanks for trying, and I&#39;m sorry if I was rude with you but I wasjust upset with the people who were flaming me and frustrated at not being able to find what I was looking for.

DWk
12-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Tonkatsu you are looking for answers but you aren&#39;t ready to give up a little?

man.... learn what p2p network is for....THEN we talk about this "bullshit" you think i&#39;m talking about...

i leave my computer on 24/7....kazaa is always open.... its set to start automatically if my computer restarts..... u know how many downloads im getting? ZERO. Yet im sharing my entire computer for ppl to get whatever they want....

get it? got it? GOOD.

now stop whining on something that already know but really dont give a rats ass about :angry:

Tonkatsu
12-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Would you just shut the fuck up until you learn a) what the fuck youlre talking about, and B) what the fuck is going on?

I DO WANT TO FUCKING GIVE TO THE GODDAMNED COMMUNITY, DESPITE THYE BEST EFFORTS OF ASSHOLES LIKE YOU TO SOUR MY OPINOONS OF MY SO-CALLED &#39;PEERS&#39; If I didn&#39;t want to fucking share, I wouldn&#39;t be here asking how to block ONE FUCKING PERSON, I&#39;d have just turned off sharing entirely. So learn what the fuck you&#39;re talking about before you open your cock-garage again.

Second, learn what the fuck is going on&#33;
I was actually getting help.
I had already decided to stop trying to do something about assholes who take without giving anything back.
I had even resigned to the fact that the file I want is probably too rare
In other words
I HAD ALREADY SHUT UP AND WAS ABOUT TO LET THEN ENTIRE MATTER DROPPED BEFORE YOU HAD TO OPEN YOUR FUCKING CUMCATCHER AND BRING ME BACK IN.

Here&#39;s a fucking newsflash, needledick, if you want me tos hut up and go away then QUIT FUCKING TALKING TO ME&#33; I realize your premature ejaculations have caused a severely shortened attention span, but if you would wait for more than the three seconds it takes you to get off on your sister&#39;s My Little Pony collection you;d haver realized that I WAS ALREADY SHUTTING THE FUCK UP AND GOING THE FUCK AWAY

Jesus fucking christ.
Between the angry fucking flames telling me to be fucking nice and the lectures on morality from fucking thieves, and the idiot telling me to shut up and go away after I already have, I&#39;m beginning to think I&#39;ve been trapped in some twisted mirror universe that feeds off of irony and stupidity.

And, on that note, I&#39;m going to leave...AGAIN. Just so you k now, that means I&#39;ll be shutting the fuck up, stopping my whining and taking my grincy attitude elsewhere. I know it wasn&#39;t obvious to you when I startyed being nice again and actually resolved the original issues that brought me here, so I&#39;m telling you now in the simplest terms possible that &#39;m already leaving. I already WAS leaving, and any firther attempt to contact em would not just be futile, but would also prove what a complete fucking moron you are.

Thanks, by the way, go to Vargas. You were mature enough to actually try to help me and for that I am grateful. I&#39;m sorry if I caused you any inconveniance.

The rest of you, however, can gather around and share this communal FUCK OFF from me to you.

muchspl2
12-29-2003, 02:55 PM
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/punish.gif

sporkpimp
12-30-2003, 02:08 AM
I DO WANT TO FUCKING GIVE TO THE GODDAMNED COMMUNITYNo, you don&#39;t. You want to give to the people who give to you.

There are programs designed to assist you if that is what you seek. Fast-Track clients are not designed to that end. Soulseek, WinMX, those programs have features for exactly what you want to do... which is trade. You aren&#39;t banning people who don&#39;t share, you&#39;re banning people who won&#39;t give YOU something when you give THEM something.

"I give you A if and only if you give me B."

That&#39;s a trade.

"I&#39;ll add my A to the pile in the middle of the room, and take whatever I want that others have donated."

That&#39;s sharing.

Cope.

if you want me tos hut up and go away then QUIT FUCKING TALKING TO MEI see.

So every time someone says something to or about you, you have to respond. Is this a psychological thing, or some kind of forum bushido, or what?

the idiot telling me to shut up and go away after I already haveObviously you already have.

Hence you making this post.
The rest of you, however, can gather around and share this communal FUCK OFF from me to you.See, if you take something and give it only to one specific person, that&#39;s not SHARING, and it&#39;s not COMMUNAL.

So once again, you prove to have a faulty understanding of the concept of "community."

-SporkPimp
How&#39;s this for a first post? ;)

niteman74
12-30-2003, 02:40 AM
Just my opinion though, which probably ain&#39;t crap to any of you, but isn&#39;t this network about "EVERYONE" sharing. I share everything I have. Even stuff that I download other places goes into my shared folder. I allow 5 slots to connect to me. Sometimes I just sit right clicking on those users want a rare file and see if they are sharing. If not then I will cancel them until somone else takes their slot. I feel that if I share, Everyone should. Peers = those equal to you in a group or class. I share so I expect all should share that are on the network. IMHO I think this will be the downfall of the peer to peer. Everyone keeping files to themselves.

BullWinkle
12-30-2003, 03:28 AM
I&#39;ve had a couple people send me a message bitching about me not sharing but I always shared. I had over 2500 songs and several games that I was sharing but these people couldn&#39;t find anything when they searched me. Why? I don&#39;t know, thats why I hate punting people if I can&#39;t find any of their files.
Now those people were sharing you just have to wait your turn the way they probably had to wait their turn to start downloading your files. Just need a little patience unless your currently dieing from cancer or something and may go at anytime.

[B][O][T]
12-30-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by sporkpimp@30 December 2003 - 02:08
How&#39;s this for a first post? ;)
A real good one for sure :) Welcome aBoard, and enjoy Your stay&#33;

BOT

leecheskicked
12-30-2003, 03:35 AM
If you really feel u must cut them off, tho I wouldn&#39;t bother, just change your port

imnotanaddict
12-30-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by niteman74@30 December 2003 - 02:40
Just my opinion though, which probably ain&#39;t crap to any of you, but isn&#39;t this network about "EVERYONE" sharing. I share everything I have. Even stuff that I download other places goes into my shared folder. I allow 5 slots to connect to me. Sometimes I just sit right clicking on those users want a rare file and see if they are sharing. If not then I will cancel them until somone else takes their slot. I feel that if I share, Everyone should. Peers = those equal to you in a group or class. I share so I expect all should share that are on the network. IMHO I think this will be the downfall of the peer to peer. Everyone keeping files to themselves.
Your running k-lite and dont know about the privacy patch? In options/Kazaa lite K++ Options/K++ Options. If you have it checked "users can&#39;t get a list of all your shared files" which you should for security reasons, you will be sharing but of course no one can tell when they scan your files. So then people are doing to you what your doing to them cutting them off for not sharing when they really are. My point is theres no way to tell if someone is sharing. . ;) :)

niteman74
12-30-2003, 05:19 AM
I know about that....but, why even leave that checked. If you do, sorry for you. I will cut you off. I made sure that was unchecked that the day I installed K-Lite. Hey, to each his own. If your scared of the RIAA (which you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting caught by them) then so be it. Hey limit yourself to downloads you could be enjoying. That is your choice.
You have things to share but don&#39;t allow users that you are downloading from to see what YOU have. That is sad. Maybe you have something rare that I might want.
Search doesn&#39;t always get everything...as you well know.
I am not going to argue with you about what features K-lite has and doesn&#39;t. If everyone openly shares then everyone benefits. Hence the term peer to peer. KaZaa honestly has the idea minus the spyware and fee. If you share, you get more.
One other thing...... even if someone gets busted by the RIAA, so what? Even if people have to pay 3 or 4 grand settlement, which they usually accept, I promise you have gotten away with more benefit than that. :D

imnotanaddict
12-30-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by niteman74@30 December 2003 - 05:19
I know about that....but, why even leave that checked. If you do, sorry for you. I will cut you off. I made sure that was unchecked that the day I installed K-Lite. Hey, to each his own. If your scared of the RIAA (which you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting caught by them) then so be it. Hey limit yourself to downloads you could be enjoying. That is your choice.
You have things to share but don&#39;t allow users that you are downloading from to see what YOU have. That is sad. Maybe you have something rare that I might want.
Search doesn&#39;t always get everything...as you well know.
I am not going to argue with you about what features K-lite has and doesn&#39;t. If everyone openly shares then everyone benefits. Hence the term peer to peer. KaZaa honestly has the idea minus the spyware and fee. If you share, you get more.
One other thing...... even if someone gets busted by the RIAA, so what? Even if people have to pay 3 or 4 grand settlement, which they usually accept, I promise you have gotten away with more benefit than that. :D
You seem to be assuming a lot. <_< Truthfully I could care less if you cut me off or anyone else dloading. Theres not a file that I want that I&#39;ve not been able to get off of k-lite or the other 4 programs I use. ;) I can&#39;t see stopping someones download is having any positive impact at all if anyone has half a brain and knows the programs and sources they&#39;ll get what they want just not off you and the ones that think the way you do. :) One other thing though I do keep my messaging open and if anyone ask to view my files I&#39;ll open it long enough where they can, its not like I&#39;m living in fear but feel certain precations should be maintained. :music1:

niteman74
12-30-2003, 05:36 AM
Well I am glad. :D

thewizeard
12-30-2003, 10:28 PM
You did not mention what files you were looking for&#33; :)