PDA

View Full Version : The Office

MetroStars
12-28-2003, 08:11 PM
I just want 2 ask how many people saw the Office last night on BBC 1,

it wos the funniest thing to be shown this Xmas...

The part that got me when he went on the blind date and saw the fat woman who was his date...

olibomb
12-28-2003, 08:19 PM
Yeah i saw it aswell, it was hilarious

fred devliegher
12-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Absolutely loved it - part one (with the "austin powers" thing in the disco) was good too.
Funny thing is , any one of these characters you have in your own circle of friends - I've seen the exact same "crush on colleague" thing happen round these parts. Didn't end that well though...
Is this Xmas special included in the DVD's ?

Skillian
12-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it was the only Xmas special worth watching - great stuff.

Metro, I thought you were from the US? Or are you an American living in the UK?

edit: it's not on the DVDs apparently, though I'm sure they'll release it later on. Or you could just go to suprnova...

fred devliegher
12-28-2003, 10:43 PM
We get BBC1 here on mainland Europe too - not just them Brits get to enjoy good TV.

MetroStars
12-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Yeah, it was the only Xmas special worth watching - great stuff.

Metro, I thought you were from the US? Or are you an American living in the UK?

edit: it's not on the DVDs apparently, though I'm sure they'll release it later on. Or you could just go to suprnova...

no iam from the UK my pops is from New Jersey, we lived there 4 a bit but iam now back in the UK...

Skillian
12-28-2003, 11:15 PM
OK cool, guess I just assumed from the NY team.

exo_body
12-29-2003, 01:46 AM
i know this may sound sad but i thought it wer sooo romantic at the end when dawn came back. lol, i wer all happy!!!!!

KazaaBoy
12-29-2003, 05:27 AM
My brother and I loved it. It was the best one of all of them because for once david was happy :lol:

The best show brittan has ever had. I hope it's not the last of the series :(

ace2003k
12-29-2003, 10:05 AM
i think thats the last as RICKY GERVAIS has said hes completely finished with it now after tieing up the loose ends wid the XMAS specials!

i thought also that it was well funny and id also vote for a new series to happen!

it got summot like 15 million viewers on both nights!

ace

slimboyfatz
12-29-2003, 10:37 AM
I thought the last two episodes tied up the series reasonably OK...i think they cut back on the comedy a little and added more serious moments..but i think that worked brilliantly...the part where David Brent tells Chris Finch (Finchy) to 'F**k off!' was great...this was the guy who made out he was Davids mate but always had him as the butt of most of his jokes...Also the part with DB actually getting along with his blind date was good...still funny with the innuendo aimed at Gareth, like 'pulling a soldier off' :lol: It was good to see DB happier at the end, because up until then he was quite a tortured character...I think Ricky Gervais played the character superbly and deserves all the praise he gets...

fred devliegher
12-29-2003, 11:12 AM
If you like The Office , there's an excellent spoof in a program called Dead Ringers - the office is heaven , Brent is God Almighty. Very funny how they imitate all the characters , right down to the way they talk.