PDA

View Full Version : To Spammers, Read This

[B][O][T]
02-19-2003, 07:51 AM
From VB's rules topic

Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.

I'm new to this forum but I'm not a forum newbie.
A forum is a place to get help, make friends and help other members with problems. I guess everyone can agree with that.

But I see so much spam around here and I waste My time opening topic's that interest Me. I dont wanna open a interesting topic that was started IE Feb. 18th 06:00am and then somebody reply IE 19th 09:00am quoting the entire post and only post a huge collection of smilies.

I sure dont wanna read a reply with just a smilie.
Now We none spammers has to PM an Moderator about this particular post (spam) with a link....Then the Moderators has to open Their inbox click the link and delete/edit the post (spam).
So much work for nothing?

Yes a Moderators job is to do this stuff, but wouldnt it be better if We all post more quality posts?
Dont spam and You'll be respected by others.

This isnt <s>hotmail</s> there&#39;s no junk filter.

Spammers should be banned or have Their post count cutted down 30-40%.
Maybe start temp banning spammers IE one week or two?

Do I sound bitter? I hope not. ;)

cheers,
BOT

RDanneskjold
02-19-2003, 08:03 AM
:D I agree also that posts should be of quality and substance, it would make the quest for knowledge/information easier on all of us
We do need some fun too though. It&#39;s all about achieving a good balance. Basically think, if you think noone will want to read your post or think its a good post....don&#39;t post it :lol:

Nobody1234
02-19-2003, 08:19 AM
I agree with the your post, [O][T], But...

[b]Spammers should be banned or have Their post count cutted down 30-40%.

Maybe start temp banning spammers IE one week or two?

This is too harsh.

Spammers should be warned and their post count cut by 10 post counts.
If they continue to spam after the warning then ban them for 1 day for the first offense.
If they don&#39;t comply after that then...

RDanneskjold
02-19-2003, 08:25 AM
And maybe also included in the warning different examples of spamming so the spammer knows what not to do again :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-19-2003, 08:27 AM
;) Most of the time the threads turn into debates of that topic around here,we are not spaming...we are debateing.Alot of people do not understand that...no matter where the topic leads too everybody thinks it is spam or that people are doing it to run up their post total.

;) When a person really needs help with something around here,9 times out of 10 they will get it.They will get PMed by somebody with the answer or from the thread.If they did not get their answer they will post it again later on or bump that thread back to the top.

;) We have asked for more rooms I do not know how many times,people are always posting about Movies and Music...which is the reason some of us come here.

I am in the middle of doing a petition online to get our voice heard from the Administrators and MODs on this board.With more rooms and sections the MODs will not have to move threads all over the place.

;) The spamers(me and a few others) are the people that love this place more then the rest.You think we are makeing the threads go off topic on purpose?We read the thread and then we go with it,it is hard for some of us.....but we try.

Them smilies are an expression of how that person feels.....another sticky I think should be explained to the NOOBS.....them smilies can go along way to show how you feel about somebodys statement.

The people are trying to work with the MODs on all of this.Since the verified rooms have gone this place has turned into a wreck.There is only a few rooms now...I do not see why we can not have rooms about Movies,Games and Music without the verifieds for the time being.It is what the verifieds were also about...them discussions.

The lounge is nice,its where I have made most of my post.....but it is also a party room...where anything goes and should be explained upon entering that room.You post a thread in the lounge and don&#39;t be surprised if it goes haywire.

I love this place,can not really explain it brother.Have never really felt that way about something online...have been to other forums/boards...but none like this.
It reminds me of the Cheers song....."Where everybody knows your name".Maybe it is a bar/pub to me in the 21st century.I still love the local bars don&#39;t get me wrong but sometimes it feels the same to me around here. :)

I could go on and on about what I think should be done and how I feel about being called a spamer and what not...but I will not.I have other threads to go read...other statements to be made.

FC B)

NŁMO
02-19-2003, 08:42 AM
Nice reply FC..where do i sign your petition??IMO this place is going down hill fast.Mods&admin need to listen to us&#33;&#33;

ugluk
02-19-2003, 08:48 AM
I fully agree with you FC&#33;&#33; good post. :) <- o_O&#33;&#33; smilie&#33;&#33;&#33; :P

there&#39;s nothing wrong with a little debate. and maybe it happens more often now, i don&#39;t know, but we definatley need more rooms. games/movies/music... they could then get merged with the old verifieds sections when they come back.

El_Jefe
02-19-2003, 08:55 AM
FC, I think maybe BOT might be referring to posts such as this:

:D Forget MARS.....I want to visit Saturn. :D
Notice the lack of debatable value in the above quote.
This was a post of yours in the pinned topic about the verifieds in this section. That thread is also the same thread that deals with why we were looking to change board software. You know the one that hit you so strongly yesterday, because you professed to never hearing about it before.

Now, I know in the case that I quoted, that&#39;s not really your fault, you were following suite from others, but it&#39;s an example that I&#39;d like to see less of. This particular forum is being used by some basically as the lounge, and it&#39;s not. As such, I think a little more responsibility and self-discipline with regards to posting here is not entirely out of the question.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by El_Jefe@19 February 2003 - 03:55
FC, I think maybe BOT might be referring to posts such as this:

:D Forget MARS.....I want to visit Saturn. :D
Notice the lack of debatable value in the above quote.
This was a post of yours in the pinned topic about the verifieds in this section. That thread is also the same thread that deals with why we were looking to change board software. You know the one that hit you so strongly yesterday, because you professed to never hearing about it before.

Now, I know in the case that I quoted, that&#39;s not really your fault, you were following suite from others, but it&#39;s an example that I&#39;d like to see less of. This particular forum is being used by some basically as the lounge, and it&#39;s not. As such, I think a little more responsibility and self-discipline with regards to posting here is not entirely out of the question.
;) Maybe a few more rooms would help that problem.I can show alot of post of me going off topic.....read my above statement more. :D

vegeta
02-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by RDanneskjold@19 February 2003 - 09:25
And maybe also included in the warning different examples of spamming so the spammer knows what not to do again :)
this would make the spammers understand not to spam <_<

dirtyoldman
02-19-2003, 02:21 PM
sometimes they do get off topic and out of hand.you got to remember these people are different than most
they are a close nit group.if you got them all together in a bar you&#39;d have 1 hell of a brawl,but then they
would go eat together or something after :) when they get too far out maybe there postscould
be moved to the lounge out of this thread.maybe a room called whorehouse?a good place for the post whores :lol:

Nobody1234
02-19-2003, 04:01 PM
FC, you make good points about &#39;debates&#39; and all but maybe [B][O][T] is trying to reduce the junk posts around here. I hope you are not trying to say that there haven&#39;t been junk posts now are you?

I also remember not too long ago a &#39;dedate&#39; between you and Neo that spread across 6 or 7 or more threads in the &#39;About our website and this Forum&#39; section.

Rocktron
02-19-2003, 04:23 PM
The spamming thing should be excluded&#33;

So maybe Paul or anyone else can make something that takes care of those spammers?
The program could just look at NEW posts in the SAME DAY from the SAME USERS posting stuff With the SAME TOPIC TITLE and the SAME TOPIC DISCRIPTION more than one&#39;s? I&#39;m not a programmer but is this possible?

(Ik geef mn bek maar aan slinger&#33;) Hhehehee.. Difficult explaining in English what you want to say if your Dutch&#33;
But i hope this is clear?

Rocktron
http://images.allposters.com/images/20/WAG2479_a.jpg

xeroxed
02-19-2003, 06:16 PM
I&#39;ve been saying this for a while now.... no one seems to listen....

Anways, Debates are good FC but you&#39;re not always debating, I&#39;d say 30-40% of your posts are bull shit off topic no need no want posts. Neo it&#39;s probably about 60-70%. There&#39;s just no need for that. Yes there are other ones but you two seem to stick out in the crowd, there&#39;s a reason for that.

A few more rooms would help, namely: Movies, Music, Games, Sports. You should also try to use a little common sense though and cut back yourself, it&#39;s not the MOD&#39;s job to babysit you. Use a little self control, you don&#39;t need to answer to every thread on the damn board.

xeroxed
02-19-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by NeoShoyru@19 February 2003 - 13:13
To tell you all the truth, I havn&#39;t seen much spam latly... For spam is when you advertise something...
Leave it to Neo to make the perfect example.

You know exactly what where talking about yet you feel the need to post something that&#39;s just plain you being a fucking smart ass.

If you&#39;re not adding anything relavent to the topic you shouldn&#39;t post it. Spam is not JUST advertisments it&#39;s also nonrelavent posts/topics.

KinkoStinky
02-19-2003, 06:21 PM
YIPPI&#33; Im famous... HA&#33; IN YOUR FACE FC&#33; I NOW CAN SPAM (according to the forums define.) BETTER THEN YOU&#33;

Anyways, I do think we need more section to this forum. But they are trying to convert right now (I wonder hows it going with that). We should at least have a spam/trash section. That way, if you find any spam (as in ads) or any trash (as in, um, trash), then you move it to them... I dunno, its an idea...

xeroxed
02-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by NeoShoyru@19 February 2003 - 13:21
YIPPI&#33; Im famous... HA&#33; IN YOUR FACE FC&#33; I NOW CAN SPAM (according to the forums define.) BETTER THEN YOU&#33;

Anyways, I do think we need more section to this forum. But they are trying to convert right now (I wonder hows it going with that). We should at least have a spam/trash section. That way, if you find any spam (as in ads) or any trash (as in, um, trash), then you move it to them... I dunno, its an idea...
Don&#39;t you get it? They shouldn&#39;t need to move all your bull shit posts, you just shouldn&#39;t post them.

Now I&#39;m degrading this thread into an argument so I&#39;m gonna leave it. Enjoy yourselves.

CornerPocket
02-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by NeoShoyru@19 February 2003 - 12:21
We should at least have a spam/trash section. That way, if you find any spam (as in ads) or any trash (as in, um, trash), then you move it to them... I dunno, its an idea...
Isn&#39;t that what the Lounge is for...spam/trash/junk/senseless post, "Anything Goes Forum".....I mean if you review some of the post, you have just about everything you could possibly want/not want...heck even talking about taking a sh*t.......extra Forum for trash would be wasted space in my opinion.

Nobody1234
02-19-2003, 07:38 PM
But don&#39;t you see? Those guys want a room just for their &#39;spam&#39; or &#39;Junk&#39; posts and they want them to count to their &#39;score&#39;.
Please don&#39;t make such a room.

And Neo the rules clearly define spamming and advertising as 2 different rules.

5. Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

Anyway back to the topic. Is it possible to have the moderators give warnings and bans in order to get this under control?

KinkoStinky
02-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Nobody1234@19 February 2003 - 11:38
But don&#39;t you see? Those guys want a room just for their &#39;spam&#39; or &#39;Junk&#39; posts and they want them to count to their &#39;score&#39;.

And Neo the rules clearly define spamming and advertising as 2 different rules.

5. Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

Anyway back to the topic. Is it possible to have the moderators give warnings and bans in order to get this under control?
I was think about creating such a room in the off-topic... So the posts dont count... ;)

Nobody1234
02-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Boy, Neo, you really know how to miss the point of someones post.

And as xeroxed said
Now I&#39;m degrading this thread into an argument so I&#39;m gonna leave it. Enjoy yourselves
I&#39;m going to do the same.

Maybe it will get back on topic. Just maybe.

The Great Dude
02-19-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Nobody1234@19 February 2003 - 11:38

I think it&#39;s already being done. By the way, do you guys still have a "team chat"? ;)

KinkoStinky
02-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by The_Great_Dude+19 February 2003 - 12:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The_Great_Dude @ 19 February 2003 - 12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nobody1234@19 February 2003 - 11:38

I think it&#39;s already being done. By the way, do you guys still have a "team chat"? ;) [/b][/quote]
I have a feeling they do have a team chat. But its not visible to members and guests. Thats what I did on my forum... ;)

jetje
02-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Neo still so curious, if you just wanna write spam senseles and useless posts why don&#39;t you spam your own board. Just create a few accounts for yourself. I&#39;m sure the admin there won&#39;t mind. You can post replies to yourself and whatever you want. The advantage is that some people might get the impression that there are actually more people active :D

edit a typo (or 2)

Mivaro
02-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 21:25
The advantage is that some people might get the impression that there are actually more people active :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we should help neo a bit.....

The Great Dude
02-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 12:25
The advantage is that some people might get the impression that there are actually more people active :D
He could make arguments in his forum, that will get alot of attention from people. :lol:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Nobody1234@19 February 2003 - 14:38

;) Think what you want to nobody about running up scores and what not.That&#39;s funny...never heard it called scores before....looks like you think about it more then some of us do. ;)

SuperJude™
02-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 21:25
why don&#39;t you spam your own board.
Well I think maybe he found out that spam= more work for the people running/modding the place, and therefore spam sucks. I mean I hope he somewhat learned that little lesson there.

Though I heard traffic was up at your site yesterday.

:)

Hey at least Neo is willing to admit to being about spam a lot of the time, and this thread has turned into k-lite vs. Neo. So bottom line you let him do as he is going to anyway, or you ban him, pretty simple.

There are lots of people here who joined when I did or after and have even twice my post count, and I don&#39;t see those names coming up in this thread, but it happens.

Just remember guys, spam really does mean more needless work for the admins and mods.

-SJ™

jetje
02-19-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by SuperJude™@19 February 2003 - 20:34
Just remember guys, spam really does mean more needless work for the admins and mods.

-SJ™
thnx -SJ™, what&#39;s wrong with us, we agree two times in short notice on a subject :lol:

SuperJude™
02-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by jetje@19 February 2003 - 21:39
thnx -SJ™, what&#39;s wrong with us, we agree two times in short notice on a subject :lol:
I quit&#33;&#33; How can I be the site bad guy if I start agreeing with the mods&#33;&#33;

j/k of course, but I have adminned and modded and cleaning up spam is lame, cause they could just have NOT done it in the first place.

Funny thing is this d00d I know from gameshark, years ago, still gets on msn sometimes. He was a spammer. I still think of him like that 2 years later.

Hmmm...

-SJ™

tracydani
02-19-2003, 08:45 PM
I don&#39;t think adding rooms is going to make anything easier. Just the opposite. This gives far more opportunity to post things in the wrong section(in fact I thought that the fakes section in the verified files was a waste. Why check for fakes, it&#39;s verified we want).

People who want to post nonsense should limit it to the lounge, isn&#39;t that what the lounge is meant for? As long as what is posted in the lounge is tastefull within the limits of this forums community, it shouldn&#39;t really matter whether it is spam or not. People who don&#39;t like spam should stay away from the lounge.

I agree with FC as far as things turning into debates, but the posts where the smiley&#39;s outnumber the words should normally be considered spam if they continue within the same thread or if several people are doing it within the same thread.

Most of the time I don&#39;t see a valid reason for 6 or 8 people to all respond with I agree or something similar unless maybe the thread is being treated as a poll. Along those same lines would be the people who can&#39;t control their responses to what they view as stupid noob questions better not asked. No need for several people to respond with rude or angry replies. If you don&#39;t like the question don&#39;t answer it(if the answer is so obvious to you, you could just as easily have answered it and have had done with it as post a rude reply).

After having said that I also agree with FC when saying that smilies let people know what you really think about something. But adding some meaningful words to those smilies would probably go quite a bit further.

Kinda drug on a bit but that&#39;s what I think.

Oh yeah, just because the verifieds are gone doesn&#39;t mean the forum has gone downhill. I really only used the verifieds as sort of a what is out there kind of guide. Once I know the movie exists, the auto search option will weed out the fakes as well as give me plenty of sources :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-19-2003, 08:51 PM
;) Well I do quit,maybe come back in a couple of weeks.....if that.People want to think we do shit on purpose,we make the MODs job harder...even though some of us have tryed to help them here and there.Let some of the people past me up in post...since everybody thinks that is what I am all about.Can live with out this place.....has gone down hill anyways with all this and that lately...just tired of it.But they look tired of us also.

Ahhhhh yeah did&#39;nt quite a few of you say you wanted more rockers.....well we rocked...did not even rock that hard.Stoped picking on the NOOBs there for awhile even....but still it was something about us...just the few of us.Cya guys....other forums out there.

FC B)

J'Pol
02-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Is it OK if you spam with style.

I agree (sort of with FC) that one man&#39;s spam is another man&#39;s debate. Just because you do not understand a point yourself does not necessarily make it less valid. Neither does it make it spam. Though I cannot really see the point of posting three smiles, two winks and a snigger. You have to say that carefully. In fact isn´t it a film

It can also be fun sometimes, I have had a reet good laugh at some of the strings in the lounge section. In fact I even tried to have a spam string, unfortunately NeoS didn´t join in propperly so it fell away. Could this be some sort of reverse psychology thing. Ask him to spam and he won´t.

I have also had some fairly serious debates, particularly in the "Did You" string re anti-war marches.

My opinion, occasional free association of thoughts and ideas is a good thing.

Habitual posting of mindless drivel is a bad thing.

Cheers

JimF

The Great Dude
02-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Well FC is leaving, the guy who started a new style of spamming which he calls debates. ;)

SuperJude™
02-19-2003, 09:02 PM
FC-Why are you quoting me? What did anything I had to say have to do with you? Nothing.

Hey whatever I&#39;m not a mod here and anything I said was directed at "a certain member" who had his site spammed yesterday, and fact is you are right. There are a lot more boards out there.

I just don&#39;t get it, if this place sucks so much why post 70 times a day here? I just don&#39;t get that thinking. When I get bugged by a board I post less, not more.

Then again I&#39;m not part of the "Old Boys Club" that laments the loss of memeber I never even saw here and tells us just how lame the board is now.

Is it too hard for people to cop to their own stuff? I mean I flame people, I admit that, I accept the 1 PM a week I get about cursing and flaming and I move on, I don&#39;t try to justify it with excuses about how the board and n00bs suck.

I really don&#39;t like being quoted like that man, you always seem cool to me, but being quoted like that (and the following text) makes me feel like I am being called out in public, and for what?

Me?

I skip most posts by people who post 50 times a day so I really don&#39;t give a crap what anybody does. Have at it.

-SJ™

NŁMO
02-19-2003, 09:10 PM
FC dont leave man&#33;&#33;Dont let &#39;em get to you,just do what your doing as it makes me laugh and im sure others out there feel the same...

IMO the mods are way out of touch...i would like to have seen mods on here with a personality somone like Datamore or JimF..both of whom i respect.

J'Pol
02-19-2003, 09:23 PM
To Martha

If you&#39;re still reading.

I love the whole idea. This is the internet, the forefront of modern technology, the last frontier. the bastion of free minds.

This is the Kazaa lite forum. The sharers. Fuck the big business. Fuck people who want to limit us. We will share what we want when we want. You won&#39;t stop us.

We will encourage DoS attacks on KazaaGold.

We will do and say what we want.

Except could you possibly do it in the lounge, cause we don&#39;t really want spamming here.

Here&#39;s a thought. The chap who started this thread is quite new. Though he claims to be experienced elsewhere. He has managed to spread more discord in a couple of days than anything I have seen here. Who is doing the forum more harm. Do you really want it neutered.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Cheers

JimF

PS If you think this is spam please feel free to move it, or delete it. If you want I&#39;ll send you a book to burn.

SuperJude™
02-19-2003, 09:24 PM
I said this to FC in pm and I will say it here:

People start threads about him and the n00bs he bashes seem to like him for it, so that in itself means something.

Apparently the quote was not being used against me, I just get touchy cause even when I don&#39;t mean to I seem to piss people off online, and I think FC is cool and funny as hell.

My 2˘

-SJ™

NŁMO
02-19-2003, 09:34 PM
SJ...your cool as fuck man and certainly dont piss me off....we need to spread some love on this board man....(takes a toke on my spliff) :lol:

J'Pol
02-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by TBO@19 February 2003 - 22:34
SJ...your cool as fuck man and certainly dont piss me off....we need to spread some love on this board man....(takes a toke on my spliff) :lol:
I don&#39;t always agree with you SJ, however I&#39;ve got too agree with the big eyeball.

We need more characters not less.

Cheers

PS see my earlier about who makes the site better and who makes it worse.

PPS make raw not war

ugluk
02-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by JimF@19 February 2003 - 22:23
Here&#39;s a thought. The chap who started this thread is quite new. Though he claims to be experienced elsewhere. He has managed to spread more discord in a couple of days than anything I have seen here. Who is doing the forum more harm. Do you really want it neutered.
i was just thinking the same thing when i was reading up on this thread. this whole thread actually really bugs me now. WTF&#33;&#33; Divide and Conquer&#33;&#33; hmmm. :angry:

bah&#33; i could write alot here but i won&#39;t. BORING&#33;&#33;

J'Pol
02-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ugluk+19 February 2003 - 22:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ugluk @ 19 February 2003 - 22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JimF@19 February 2003 - 22:23
i was just thinking the same thing when i was reading up on this thread. this whole thread actually really bugs me now. WTF&#33;&#33; Divide and Conquer&#33;&#33; hmmm. :angry:

bah&#33; i could write alot here but i won&#39;t. BORING&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s my job

Cheers

JimF

Đark Princ€
02-19-2003, 10:43 PM
okay i want to know who the hell are you to tell me or anyone else on this board how to post??? when i first got here it was fun ppl could post how they feel and what they wanted to post but now its just plan SHIT its dead and gone for me&#33;&#33; water under the bridge&#33;&#33;&#33;so what my posts are considered spam?? all i will say is pound ppl with rules and watch the hardcore members walk the FUCK out<<<so ya gona bann me for sayin FUCK>>>how bout SHT FUCK &#33;&#33;&#33;this is sum BULLSHIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ppl already leaveing postin else where but i guese mods and admins dont give three shits right&#33;&#33;oops did i cuss to much my FUCKIN bad SHIT i got to watch my FUCKIN mouth&#33;&#33;&#33; FUCKIN rap music has FUCKED my mind up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

but what ever i dont FUCKIN care like fc said there are more forums out there&#33;&#33;&#33;
but after i walk and others do then what are your fuckin rules gona do NUTTIN but mod a few fucks that decide to stay here&#33;&#33;&#33;now flam on i dont fuckin care any more i put up with to much shit on here::wth spamming other forums and i get what>>nuttin but bitched at for ppl think im off cause its not right>>all they are so nice&#33;piss on that&#33;&#33; and backin ppl and i get no back up my self besides ppl like jude for he really understands what im saying&#33;&#33;&#33;and how i go at others cause i want ppl to respect us&#33;&#33;&#33;but what i get for that....nuttin but shit&#33;
so talk bout me in team chat behind my back or send me a pm telling me to tone it down<<>>i bet ya get one back saying fuck off and blow me&#33;&#33;&#33; or better yet delete this post show how fuckin special ya really are (like i give three shits)you all know me to well to think im gona sit back and take a fuckin and not do anything bout it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

its us that make this forum not the mods and not the admins>>>its the members that make it&#33;&#33;&#33; get my drift????? but go ahead and delete my point of view be a fuckin nazi&#33;&#33;

so there ya go another fuckin usless post from killa sin&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

take this post how ya want to like i fuckin care&#33;&#33;&#33; bann me like i fuckin care&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

this is my two cents&#33;&#33; and fc if ya roll out tell me where and i will join ya there&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

edited <<<<to say>>>> that fc has caught shit to its not only me that takes ppl shit>>>

Đark Princ€
02-19-2003, 10:53 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

theres ya smily post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
is that spam to :angry:

J'Pol
02-19-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by killa sin@19 February 2003 - 23:43
okay i want to know who the hell are you to tell me or anyone else on this board how to post??? when i first got here it was fun ppl could post how they feel and what they wanted to post but now its just plan SHIT its dead and gone for me&#33;&#33; water under the bridge&#33;&#33;&#33;so what my posts are considered spam?? all i will say is pound ppl with rules and watch the hardcore members walk the FUCK out<<<so ya gona bann me for sayin FUCK>>>how bout SHT FUCK &#33;&#33;&#33;this is sum BULLSHIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ppl already leaveing postin else where but i guese mods and admins dont give three shits right&#33;&#33;oops did i cuss to much my FUCKIN bad SHIT i got to watch my FUCKIN mouth&#33;&#33;&#33; FUCKIN rap music has FUCKED my mind up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

but what ever i dont FUCKIN care like fc said there are more forums out there&#33;&#33;&#33;
but after i walk and others do then what are your fuckin rules gona do NUTTIN but mod a few fucks that decide to stay here&#33;&#33;&#33;now flam on i dont fuckin care any more i put up with to much shit on here::wth spamming other forums and i get what>>nuttin but bitched at for ppl think im off cause its not right>>all they are so nice&#33;piss on that&#33;&#33; and backin ppl and i get no back up my self besides ppl like jude for he really understands what im saying&#33;&#33;&#33;and how i go at others cause i want ppl to respect us&#33;&#33;&#33;but what i get for that....nuttin but shit&#33;
so talk bout me in team chat behind my back or send me a pm telling me to tone it down<<>>i bet ya get one back saying fuck off and blow me&#33;&#33;&#33; or better yet delete this post show how fuckin special ya really are (like i give three shits)you all know me to well to think im gona sit back and take a fuckin and not do anything bout it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

its us that make this forum not the mods and not the admins>>>its the members that make it&#33;&#33;&#33; get my drift????? but go ahead and delete my point of view be a fuckin nazi&#33;&#33;

so there ya go another fuckin usless post from killa sin&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

take this post how ya want to like i fuckin care&#33;&#33;&#33; bann me like i fuckin care&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

this is my two cents&#33;&#33; and fc if ya roll out tell me where and i will join ya there&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

edited <<<<to say>>>> that fc has caught shit to its not only me that takes ppl shit>>>
Bit Harsh what KS

Cheers

JimF

PS Your language sir is frankly appaling. Please behave like a member of polite society.

Đark Princ€
02-19-2003, 11:47 PM
JimF Posted on 19 February 2003 - 15:00
Bit Harsh what KS

Cheers

JimF

PS Your language sir is frankly appaling. Please behave like a member of polite society

bit harsh booooooooo fuckin hooooooooooo im sick of it&#33;&#33;&#33;ppl want to judge me and press more rules on me&#33;&#33;&#33; sooooo feel my furry&#33;&#33;&#33;and if you dont like my language then DONT READ MY POST very simple&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;im sick of ppl telling me what i can and cant do&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
more rules i will press em shit press em ant the word more like stomp all over them&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
so go ahead and make more rules and watch me fuckin go nutz&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
bit harsh your funny &#33;&#33;&#33; i ant gona stand here and take it ppl want to take the shit fine so be it but i wont&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

J'Pol
02-20-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by killa sin@20 February 2003 - 00:47

JimF Posted on 19 February 2003 - 15:00
Bit Harsh what KS

Cheers

JimF

PS Your language sir is frankly appaling. Please behave like a member of polite society

bit harsh booooooooo fuckin hooooooooooo im sick of it&#33;&#33;&#33;ppl want to judge me and press more rules on me&#33;&#33;&#33; sooooo feel my furry&#33;&#33;&#33;and if you dont like my language then DONT READ MY POST very simple&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;im sick of ppl telling me what i can and cant do&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
more rules i will press em shit press em ant the word more like stomp all over them&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
so go ahead and make more rules and watch me fuckin go nutz&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
bit harsh your funny &#33;&#33;&#33; i ant gona stand here and take it ppl want to take the shit fine so be it but i wont&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Arse

Cheers

JimF

PS you are almost certainly a pre pubescent middle class male, rebelling against his middle class parents, who have the audacity to provide him with a comfortable childhood.

PPS The character you are playing wouldn&#39;t have the means or the motive to be on this forum

Ron
02-20-2003, 01:14 AM
I would like to say : " Ease up a little Killa".
But that would be telling you what to do, so I won&#39;t. :D

Is this post spam too then?
I didn&#39;t really say anything.

OK, here&#39;s my p then.
The guy who started this thread is relatively new.
He joined this board because he liked it (I hope), and now he wants to change it.
Is he a control freak?
Is he an instigator?
Is he a woman?
Who cares?
Join this board if you like it, leave it if you don&#39;t.
But DON&#39;T try to change it&#33;&#33;&#33;

J'Pol
02-20-2003, 01:22 AM
Good point, Well presented.

Cheers.

JimF

UKMan
02-20-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Ron@20 February 2003 - 02:14
1: I would like to say : " Ease up a little Killa".
But that would be telling you what to do, so I won&#39;t. :D

2: Is this post spam too then?
I didn&#39;t really say anything.

3:
OK, here&#39;s my p then.
The guy who started this thread is relatively new.
He joined this board because he liked it (I hope), and now he wants to change it.
Is he a control freak?
Is he an instigator?
Is he a woman?
Who cares?
Join this board if you like it, leave it if you don&#39;t.
But DON&#39;T try to change it&#33;&#33;&#33;
1: First of all, i dont think KILLA should ease up - i accept him for who he is and love him for it. He is one of the few who stayed with this board when it got took over. He is still here. Give him credit please.

2: No. it aint spam - you are commenting - legit :)

3: Couldnt agree with you more. Amazing how a noob can generate so much harshness isnt it? I felt like saying when i read the first post of this thread "Who the f*ck are you to tell us how to post" - but i wont - cause like so many other noobs who come in here, he/she dosnt know how much most of the members have been through to keep this place alive. Dosnt know what goes on behind the scenes, in the chat rooms, private PM&#39;s etc.

As far as FC leaving is concerned, i understand exactly how he feels, but i dont think he should, neither should KILLA - or anyone else for that matter. I also dont think that this board is going downhill - what i do think is that a lot of people put too much weight on how important the "verifieds" where/are. They mean nothing, as this board is not only about verifieds - its about K-lite & K++ and the guys behind the development and anyone else with an interest in P2P sharing.

Peace
UKMan

tracydani
02-20-2003, 02:07 AM
FC leavin? You can&#39;t do that. You&#39;ve taken far worse then this thread.

Besides, you&#39;re probably the last person anyone wants to see go.
But whether people like it or not, the topic of this post does ring true a bit too often sometimes. Personaly I think the anger/racist/intolerant type posts are about the only thing people wouldn&#39;t really miss.

I&#39;m sure there are other forums out there that serve a pretty good purpose, but none can come close to what we have here. If I&#39;m not mistaken you feel the same way.

UKMan, I started typing my post before you posted yours and still came out 10 minutes after you. I really need to learn to type :) Maybe if I did that I would check out the chat now and again. As it is I lose the conversation every time I type what I want to say :D

Rat Faced
02-20-2003, 02:21 AM
UKMan, I started typing my post before you posted yours and still came out 10 minutes after you. I really need to learn to type&nbsp; Maybe if I did that I would check out the chat now and again. As it is I lose the conversation every time I type what I want to say&nbsp;

You should TD....YOU would enjoy it in there ;)

Nice to see you, havent for a while B)

UKMan
02-20-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by tracydani@20 February 2003 - 03:07
FC leavin? You can&#39;t do that. You&#39;ve taken far worse then this thread.

Besides, you&#39;re probably the last person anyone wants to see go.
But whether people like it or not, the topic of this post does ring true a bit too often sometimes. Personaly I think the anger/racist/intolerant type posts are about the only thing people wouldn&#39;t really miss.

I&#39;m sure there are other forums out there that serve a pretty good purpose, but none can come close to what we have here. If I&#39;m not mistaken you feel the same way.

UKMan, I started typing my post before you posted yours and still came out 10 minutes after you. I really need to learn to type :) Maybe if I did that I would check out the chat now and again. As it is I lose the conversation every time I type what I want to say :D
I think you should visit the chat more often EVEN if you cant write faster ;) You would allways be welcome - and dont think anything else - i&#39;m sure you would be given a few more minutes to reply - he he&#33;&#33;

tracydani
02-20-2003, 02:31 AM
Thanks RF, been working a different shift the past few months and when I am on the forum the kids are usually running around. Hard to keep up properly.

Geuss I&#39;m gonna have to install a typing program soon :D

@UKMan, If you stop to get a beer every time I write a reply you&#39;d be laying on the floor before I finished saying hello to eveyone.

Well off to bed, hope this thread ends well :)

UKMan
02-20-2003, 02:46 AM
I´m sure RF, myself and all the others on the chat will keep an eye open for you and make the right adjustments - good night and keep those kids in order LOL

ps: as i only drink vodka, i would be only too pleased to wait :D

Đark Princ€
02-20-2003, 03:44 AM
JimF Posted on 19 February 2003 - 17:08

Arse

Cheers

JimF

PS you are almost certainly a pre pubescent middle class male, rebelling against his middle class parents, who have the audacity to provide him with a comfortable childhood.

PPS The character you are playing wouldn&#39;t have the means or the motive to be on this forum

wow he told me&#33;&#33; put me in my place&#33;&#33;
and first of all i was here befor you &#33;&#33;you lil shit im not a fuckin post whore like you &#33;&#33; and i have stuck my neck out for this forum when your lil ass was just startin on a message board&#33;&#33;&#33; so get it right&#33;&#33;im a way better member then your half wit ass will ever be&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;i wont even point out that you are just a newbie (opppps i did) :lol:
lil shits like you amuse me&#33;&#33;&#33; i have stomped many bigger then you in a post &#33;&#33;&#33;
and i will kill ya and break ya ass down any day of the week on this forum&#33;&#33;you dont even want me to start on you&#33;&#33;&#33;

and p.s postin ya name when ppl already know ya name makes ya look like a half wit &#33;&#33;
i bet he still pisses the bed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you lil brat&#33;&#33;
fuckin newbies are so funny :lol: :lol:

NikkiD
02-20-2003, 05:32 AM
Killa&#39;s asked me to close this thread. I think everyone&#39;s had a chance to vent and get it out now.

Edit: I&#39;m reopening this topic in hopes that everyone can keep a cool head and get back on track with the topic.

J'Pol
02-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@20 February 2003 - 06:32
Killa&#39;s asked me to close this thread. I think everyone&#39;s had a chance to vent and get it out now.

Edit: I&#39;m reopening this topic in hopes that everyone can keep a cool head and get back on track with the topic.
NikkiD

This is not a pop at you. However did the big hard man run to mummy and say he didn&#39;t want to play any more.

I personally find the majority of his posts personally offensive. A bit of swearing, yes. To make it your characters entire personality, no.

Why is this behaviour acceptable and that of others is not. I know which I prefer. It&#39;s not this offensive personal bile.

Please consider this a personal complaint. I&#39;m happy to do it openly.

Cheers

JimF

PS Posting the picture of the big man with the big gun is particularly sad, but I won&#39;t mention that.

tilen76
02-20-2003, 11:11 AM
I usually try to keep out of such useless "fights", but since I consider Killa as my friend, I would like to reply to you JimF:

It may seem that killa&#39;s posts are nothing but swearing and cursing and may be hard to read because of the lack of punctuation. But if you read his posts very carefully, ignore few curses and try to understand what he&#39;s saying, you&#39;ll find that his posts are very full, sincere and contain a lot of truth.

It may take a while to understand him, but believe me, it&#39;s worth it. He is one of the most sincere and loyal members of this board and usually says what he feels and is not ashamed of that.
And I respect him for that.

Try to get to know him better first, before you judge him.

Peace

[B][O][T]
02-20-2003, 11:35 AM
First I&#39;d like to say thanks for re-opening this topic.

Flamming can&#39;t be accepted no matter what, especially not to staff members that it&#39;s doing Their best to keep this place alive.

I most say that today I&#39;vnt seen much spam at all.

Just use common sense when You post, this isnt IRC afterall.

cheers,
BOT

Rocktron
02-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Just stop this nonsense JimF&#33;

It seems you are picking on some people and i am one of them.. Why?
You are trying to offend people with fancy words you can&#39;t even understand yourself&#33;
Do you have a dictionairy next to you computer to find the most difficult words first?

Pretty sad... But hey&#33; Some people need to pick on other people so they feel good themself...
This must have started on high school...?
Did the kids on school pick on you when you were little? Revenge?

We forgive you&#33; :P

Just post things in this forum that make sense or that might help people...

Jah Bless&#33;
http://images.allposters.com/images/146/4430_a.jpg

ugluk
02-20-2003, 12:07 PM
post whatever you want. and JimF, how you can find Killa that offensive is beyond me. or are you a hard working God-fearing puritan?? :lol: what the fuck&#33;&#33;

UKMan
02-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Like i said in another topic:
All i know is, theres a lot of damn whining going on here and it aint kosher people&#33; Everyone seems to be more interested in slagging each other - idiotic&#33;&#33;

For the love of God - peace
UKMan

NikkiD
02-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by JimF+20 February 2003 - 09:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JimF @ 20 February 2003 - 09:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--NikkiD@20 February 2003 - 06:32
Killa&#39;s asked me to close this thread.&nbsp; I think everyone&#39;s had a chance to vent and get it out now.

NikkiD

This is not a pop at you. However did the big hard man run to mummy and say he didn&#39;t want to play any more.

I personally find the majority of his posts personally offensive. A bit of swearing, yes. To make it your characters entire personality, no.

Why is this behaviour acceptable and that of others is not. I know which I prefer. It&#39;s not this offensive personal bile.

Please consider this a personal complaint. I&#39;m happy to do it openly.

Cheers

JimF

PS Posting the picture of the big man with the big gun is particularly sad, but I won&#39;t mention that. [/b][/quote]
Actually Jim, Killa was not the only one who asked that this thread be closed, I received requests from other members as well, but Killa asked that I quote him when I closed it. And he didn&#39;t come to me, I spoke to him in the chat room about it.

This is directed to several people, not just you Jim. Quite frankly, we (and I&#39;m talking mods and members here) are sick to death of these types of threads where you seem to be doing nothing but trying to stir up shit. Do you not have better things to do with your time?

I think UKMan said it best "theres a lot of damn whining going on here and it aint kosher people&#33; Everyone seems to be more interested in slagging each other - idiotic&#33;&#33;" You have one thread where people are complaining about the mods being "nazis" and another where you are complaining about spam and that we don&#39;t deal with it well enough. There&#39;s obviously no pleasing you. If we delete we&#39;re nazis, and if we don&#39;t then we&#39;re pussies and not doing our jobs. I&#39;ve tried to stay out of this dispute and let you guys have at it, but I couldn&#39;t stand back anymore and just be silent.

Anyone that knows me well knows that I feel this board is a second "home" of sorts and that I practically live in the lounge. So when it is attacked, yes, I feel the need to defend it.

Bender
02-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@20 February 2003 - 14:47
I think UKMan said it best "theres a lot of damn whining going on here and it aint kosher people&#33; Everyone seems to be more interested in slagging each other - idiotic&#33;&#33;"&nbsp; You have one thread where people are complaining about the mods being "nazis" and another where you are complaining about spam and that we don&#39;t deal with it well enough.&nbsp; There&#39;s obviously no pleasing you.&nbsp; If we delete we&#39;re nazis, and if we don&#39;t then we&#39;re pussies and not doing our jobs.&nbsp; I&#39;ve tried to stay out of this dispute and let you guys have at it, but I couldn&#39;t stand back anymore and just be silent.
I second that&#33;
Adapt to the rules or quit this board, there are many other forums on the net.
Try to be more constructive and stop whining&#33;