PDA

View Full Version : Help! Firewalled But Not Firewalled

soma
12-29-2003, 01:28 AM
Every prog I try to use such as Azureus, Bittorrent (any version), Torrent Storm...ALL give me the yellow firewalled light, even my MSN Messenger is given me unable to connect due to firewall problems errors. I have the latest versions of all the progs, and Im using Win XP Pro...yes i did turn off my crappy built in Xp Firewall and I uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro months ago...I have no other firewall program...any solutions? btw im only a 56ker so im on dial up...

angel_of_death57
12-29-2003, 01:33 AM
Do you use a router

StyleWarz
12-29-2003, 01:36 AM
I recommend you to use Sygate Personall Firewall, many people have problems with ZoneAlarm... :(

angel_of_death57
12-29-2003, 01:37 AM
Thats an awful firewall its crappy i hate it so much it did not stop MSBlast with my PC, Zone Alarm alot easier to useand stopsMSn Blast with my PC. And yes when i tried both firewalls i had latest pacthes from Microsoft

StyleWarz
12-29-2003, 01:42 AM
@angel_of_death57
Ok, weird... Using Sygate Personal Firewall Pro v5.5 and no problems @ all... It also stopped M$ Blaster... :)

angel_of_death57
12-29-2003, 01:45 AM
Hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
Well ZoneAlarm Protects My PC Perfectly and BitTorrent works on Green
Sygate caused attacks and everything slow on mine.

SO my choice will be ZoneAlarm Pro
Not Zone Alarm free cos that sucks

soma
12-29-2003, 01:49 AM
No,no, no...Im NOT using a firewall...I did use Zone Alarm Pro like half a year ago but it has long since been uninstalled...I have NO RUNNING FIREWALLS...as far as a router, im not sure exactly what a router is...like i said im only on dial up.

StyleWarz
12-29-2003, 01:50 AM
@soma
Ok, simple question.... Do you have a internal modem???

soma
12-29-2003, 01:55 AM
Yes...just a generic V.92 crappy internal modem.

Robert00000
12-29-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by soma@29 December 2003 - 01:28
Every prog I try to use such as Azureus, Bittorrent (any version), Torrent Storm...ALL give me the yellow firewalled light, even my MSN Messenger is given me unable to connect due to firewall problems errors. I have the latest versions of all the progs, and Im using Win XP Pro...yes i did turn off my crappy built in Xp Firewall and I uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro months ago...I have no other firewall program...any solutions? btw im only a 56ker so im on dial up...
I'm shocked that you have been browsing the internet without a firewall :huh: . Are you using antivirus?

How do the warnings appear, it is like the zonealarm warning? I'm thinking you must have firewall installed otherwise you won't get any warnings.

soma
12-29-2003, 01:59 AM
I have an Anti-Virus (AVG the free version)...actually the only time I ever ended getting a virus was when I did have a firewall so...I havent used a firewall for like 6 months and have had no problems as well as the 2 years before installing one.

soma
12-30-2003, 01:51 AM
anybody?!? Im really struggling here!!!