PDA

View Full Version : Kazaalite.kpp Uses 100% Cpu Load

matthewchng
12-29-2003, 12:01 PM
I have read the FAQ and tried everything in there.

deleted the DBs from both the All Users directory and My User Account directory.
moved the dat files to other location so klite will have nothing to download.
set the number of slot available to 1.
and i am not a supernode.

it does not solve the problem. KazaaLite.kpp is still trying to use all the cpu processing power. any one help?

i just uninstalled kazaa lite k++ 2.4.3 and installed clean KMD 2.6.

it seems that Kazaa.exe is also taking up 100% cpu power... it also disconnects other programs from the internet like IE 6 and M$ Outlook XP... no idea why but after starting it, within 5 min, my connection to internet for other programs all gets severed. closing KMD does not solve this. Restarting my system is the only option... I am not running firewall. I have adjusted the settings on KMD 2.6 to not share any files, upload bandwidth to lowest possible. and KMD is not downloading anything at all so it can't be using all the bandwidth. i'm on 512 adsl...

some one help?

firefox
12-29-2003, 06:30 PM
did you move everything from my shared folder or just the dat files. Sometimes you may have a corrupt file in there also.

matthewchng
12-29-2003, 06:51 PM
i moved everything. basically. nothing left in the shared folder. nothing for people to download on kazaa and nothing i am downloading myself. kazaa still use 100% cpu... :(

Rat Faced
12-29-2003, 07:08 PM
All you have to do is not be in the traffic window when you put it to systray............works for me.

matthewchng
12-29-2003, 07:22 PM
i tried putting it at different windows. there is no difference. web, my kazaa, theater, search or traffic. :(

matthewchng
12-30-2003, 02:29 PM
i just uninstalled kazaa lite k++ 2.4.3 and installed clean KMD 2.6.

it seems that Kazaa.exe is also taking up 100% cpu power... it also disconnects other programs from the internet like IE 6 and M$ Outlook XP... :( no idea why but after starting it, within 5 min, my connection to internet for other programs all gets severed. closing KMD does not solve this. Restarting my system is the only option... I am not running firewall. I have adjusted the settings on KMD 2.6 to not share any files, upload bandwidth to lowest possible. and KMD is not downloading anything at all so it can't be using all the bandwidth. i'm on 512 adsl...

some one help?

matthewchng
12-31-2003, 01:50 PM
:helpsmile:

cwctv
12-31-2003, 02:07 PM
Are you on XP and is the firewall there on ?
Just a thought.

matthewchng
01-01-2004, 04:10 PM
yes i am on xp and xp firewall is off. not using any 3rd party firewalls. not hardware firewall. help?
:helpsmile:

imnotanaddict
01-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Google help (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=kazaa+100%25+cpu&btnG=Google+Search)

matthewchng
01-01-2004, 10:36 PM
i looked through 7 pages and can't find anything that is helpful at all. :(

Albon
01-01-2004, 10:52 PM
;)
Completely Removed Kazaa Media Desktop and all of its bundled
CPU / Registry / Program File Leftovers / and other system "muck-ups"

I used regseeker v1.30 beta build...
It finds registry entries / files and folders
its really fast and efficient

Now my Kazaa Litre++ current version runs like a new car

300+ incomplete downloads ( most always searching )
Hundreds of folders of shared files
Limited to (5) simultaneous downloads (3) uploads
" YES IM ON A DIALUP CONNECTON " 42.6 Kbps
Accellerate settings: ( 600 sections ) RIGHT CLICK any file to disable....
Supernode Settings: ( None ) that was my first ( CPU/1 sers online problem )
850 MHz Athlon, 38/40 GB Hard Drive (almost full)

I File / Jump Supernode if my CPU runs into the Red for Too Long [ solution ]

ADDITIONAL HELP to monitor all activity Si Meter System Monitor (http://www.simeter.com) AND ITS FREE
Below is the actual size. It hazs transparency and other great features also.

http://www.simeter.com/images/sihome_03.gif

Let me know if any of this helps [ [email protected] ]

matthewchng
01-02-2004, 03:01 PM
yes i used regseeker 1.35 to remove many kazaa left over entries in the registry.

installed klite k++2.4.3 again.

cpu shoots up to 100% load and stays there forever... :(

after one night, when i wanted to access internet with IE, IE cannot locate any pages. Check mail, Outlook cannot connect to servers...

more :helpsmile: needed please

Madskater212
01-04-2004, 09:57 AM
same problem here. the last build before klite got shut down worked like a miracle, then i installed the latest version of clean kmd and my computer is slower than.... everything. i cleaned out EVERYTHING, reinstalled EVERYTHING, and messed with all the settings etc. no matter what, it eats up my cpu and it's extremely annoying.

Winners
01-04-2004, 04:13 PM
run ad-aware to remove all those unwanted memory hoggers.

Also get a firewall to prevent ppl to access your computer and use its resources;)

Just a thought

matthewchng
01-04-2004, 06:14 PM
i use ad-aware all the time so there is no bugs or ad stuff on my system.

found a cure. Kazaa Lite Ressurection 2.4.7 :D

http://myimages.fourvalve.com/mikell/klr247.exe

imnotanaddict
01-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Madskater212@4 January 2004 - 09:57
same problem here. the last build before klite got shut down worked like a miracle, then i installed the latest version of clean kmd and my computer is slower than.... everything. i cleaned out EVERYTHING, reinstalled EVERYTHING, and messed with all the settings etc. no matter what, it eats up my cpu and it's extremely annoying.
If 2.4.3 worked well before I would go back to it. Dload here. (http://www.oldversion.com/download/kazaalite243.exe)

matthewchng
01-05-2004, 02:00 AM
it worked well before. but after the 100% crap thing started, going back to it does not help. :frusty:

Maedhros947
01-05-2004, 02:38 AM
I had that at one point. For me it was a process called 'kl' which took up all of my cpu. Turned out, it was some virus I got from Kazaa. Check your processes and see if it's there. If so, run antivirus and that should get rid of it.

drstrange66
01-14-2004, 07:13 AM
Wow this problem has been plagueing my system for a long time... I haven't been able to find the solution... all I knew was that kazaalite was slowing everything down when it was on... I even tried other inferior filesharing systems... course couldn't stand them.:frusty:

Solution: Uninstall all versions... Kazaalite 2.4.3 and CleanKMD 2.4.4. Run regseeker. Delete all "*.dat" files sitting in my shared folder. Then restart computer. Reinstall CleanKMD... runs beautifully.

No more slow downs or anything. Thanks. :)

Albon
01-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Try Spybot Search and Destroy
Google Search
and be very careful about what you allow to be removed.

Supply More Info on
processor type and speed
hard drive capacity and free space left

Albon
01-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Get Kazaa Lite by searching with your current file sharing program
or OLD VERSIONS OF SOFTWARE (http://www.oldversion.com)

Switeck
01-15-2004, 12:06 AM
If Kazaa Lite K++ is allowed to make lots of internet connections at once (like 20+ downloads at a time with 10+ sources per download), then that can be the cause of CPU slowdowns.

This is ESPECIALLY true if you're running searches with auto search more on OR the accelerator to auto-search unfinished downloads for more sources.

Even having lots of uploads and invisible upload requests can cause major cpu activity.

Being firewalled or (worse) behind a router can also jack up CPU useage.