PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Question

jackc
12-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Hello ppl,

I am looking for a good ripper to get the movies from the DVD disks, so that I can then burn my own (region-free and unlocked) DVDs. I currently use CladDVDXP 1.3, but it is quite cumbersome and not much user-friendly. :(

Could anybody suggest which is (or which are) the best rippers available at the mom?

Thx,

jackc

DVD PIRATE III
12-29-2003, 12:12 PM
dvd-decrypter

get it here ...http://www.dvddecrypter.com/download.asp

jackc
12-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Thx a lot, pal.

BTW, let me seize the opportunity here to express my admiration for this forum. I am registered in a couple of similar forums (Shereaza, etc.), but the KL Board is simply the best: People respond very quickly, do not pooh-pooh even the most newbie question, and are very helpful and socializing in general. CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE, from moderators to members!!! :D

Amarjit
12-29-2003, 12:23 PM
I use DVD Decrypter, but the other favoured one is SmartRipper (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/smartripper.cfm).

chinook_apache
12-29-2003, 12:25 PM
to encode into dts you can use Surcode

jackc
12-29-2003, 12:38 PM
So I have many apps to my teeth on... B)

DWk
12-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by jackc@29 December 2003 - 05:21
Thx a lot, pal.

BTW, let me seize the opportunity here to express my admiration for this forum. I am registered in a couple of similar forums (Shereaza, etc.), but the KL Board is simply the best: People respond very quickly, do not pooh-pooh even the most newbie question, and are very helpful and socializing in general. CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE, from moderators to members!!! :D
lol....thx...and good to have you here :)

but beware..... ppl DO "pooh-pooh" newbie questions....just gotta take advice from members with a good rep..... not the bad members that all they do is insult and trash for something :)

if you need any more help, feel free to post or pm :)

{I}{K}{E}
12-29-2003, 11:04 PM
me is still using DVDshrink