PDA

View Full Version : Virus's

kazzalitesucks
02-19-2003, 07:15 PM
in the last week i been picking up alot of virus's from software programs etc
i wish people would delete these files from their computer

am i the only person thats picks them up, seems so

1 if the file you download has no fooking icon please delete the fooker straight away dont click on it thinking
your installing a program beacause your not

2 the virus is win32/hantaner and win32/parite also their is 1 that is unknown that avg did.nt reconzie
but new it was a virus

3 this virus main aim is to destroy all exe files making them useless by attaching itself to the exe file
and if you download any future exe files or even zip files it attacks these 2 and then you pass it on to other users. also when i removed this virus from my computer the av still said there was a virus in the computer
so i ran a scan again, and it found nothing.

4 so if you use win me or xp you have to turn of system restore function because this is where the virus
hides and run a scan again to remove it.

5 this virus is the work of certain companys its rife on this network. people with no virus checkers
download a free 1, and start deleting the files that are infected. or the whole of kazaa is going to suffer.

vivitron 15
02-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Good points, but remember not everyone will have the forsight to use a good virus scanner....I only started once i got ADSL, never bothered when I was on dial up!

Siras
02-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Not every one will know that they are viruses because they might not have a virus scanner or it isnt a godd one or they dont update them.
But when everytime i get a virus i delete it.
And thats why i turn off system_restore for good.
but i shouldnt because i wont beable to restore my computer.
So i hope u everyone has a good virus scan so they can delete the files form kazaa or clean them.

TRshady
02-20-2003, 11:22 AM
I always get that FOOKING ( :) ) virus, the win32/hantaner. :angry: :angry:

"The Avatar Man"
02-20-2003, 11:28 AM
I think this goes without saying but sadly it has to be said cause there are way too many idiots out there that have access to computers but are just absolutely ignorant about them :angry:

SideSwiped
02-20-2003, 01:58 PM
I guess that so far I've been lucky, but then again, I don't really go for a lot of sw, I think of all that I share, only 2 were d/l'd from someone else, but good luck finding mine, better know what you're looking for everything I do is zipped, small hd here.

ugluk
02-20-2003, 02:00 PM
most people that share viruses are just ingorant. they don't know they have been infected. and then we also have those that actually COLLECT viruses... yep thats right. some people enjoys bragging about how many they have... (not running of course, just idle) just like some finds it amusing to collect OS:es, having DOS, OS2, win 3.1 or whatever!

darknight
02-26-2003, 02:45 AM
if ever body would run a good virus scanner it wouldnt take long to
slow down the spread of virus besides it not like they have to pay for one there all using kazaa. all well I use a good scaner so I not really woried about it.

bettisfan
02-26-2003, 03:50 AM
Just ran an update and had 26 viruses that went undected before. 2 files would not let Norton access them and when i tried to delete them they'd lock my system up big as shit. Took forever to get them bastids off my computer. I update virus scanner once a week too. Guess i'll be updating before i d/l anything ever agin.

imported_computerfreak76
02-26-2003, 04:16 AM
norton antivirus has picked up quite a few of these the last week or so. the funny thing is that the programs that had the viruses work perfectly after the viruses were removed.

MaxAndig
02-26-2003, 08:08 AM
I don't trust very much in my virus scanners now as they didn`t find the "Hantaner" although the progs were updated daily. But I admit: Virus scanner progs are better than nothing...

If you really want to be shure do not download "cracks" and any programs using Kazaa (Lite) until you can help yourself after a virus infection.

Note: Some virus scanner progs are not able to purge modified windows registry entries after deleting a virus

SiNiSteR
02-26-2003, 09:06 AM
I just recently downloaded XP Pro_Corporate_FINAL and found it has WIN32.HLLP.Handy virus on it... I knew as soon as I d/l it that it was a virus because the writer didn't chg the icon, it was a server icon. So I went on Symnatec's site and read up on it...It was written in Borland Delphi..

Now I quarantined it and it is no longer in my shared folder so I don't get others downloading it, is there a way to find the hash or whatever it is that verifies the d/l? I got this from verifiedd/l's.com and I am assuming many others probably have it or will download it..The file is corrupted with malicious code..Can I post the name of the file in here or no?

here is the Symantec link
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...hllp.handy.html (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllp.handy.html)