PDA

View Full Version : Omg I Did It! Flown From Vancouver To Kenndy!

james_bond_rulez
12-30-2003, 04:48 PM
ok for those of ya who dont know, i am simulating a 747-400 boeing passenger jet flying from Vancouver intl airport to Kenny intl.

the entire flight took about 5 hours, i was delayed for about an hour cuz i decided to do some stall tests at about 40,000 feet, i did stall the airplane delibrately for 3 times and have all recovered from certain deaths. also simulating a number of instruments failures such as avionics failures and engine failures.

the landing was a bit rough because the pre-programmed GPS approach was a bit confusing to read and took me about another 30 mins to figure out where to put the plane down.

everything went ok and i successfully landed in Kenny intl airport in newyork.....

i am pretty confident if i was ever in an air travel and the poilot and co-poilot suddently died because they are too busy having sex in the cockpit and had a heart attack i can take over and land the damn plane safely.

woot!!! :lol:

PS oh yes the simulator is called microsoft flight simulator 2004

great sim :rolleyes:

abu_has_the_power
12-30-2003, 04:57 PM
nice!

andy257
12-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Nice one m8. I doubt you would be able to fly a real plane though. Flight sim is a good attempt to replicate the flying of an aircraft but in reality its far from the real thing. Lots and lots of things they havent included,some on purpose etc. Prob why they keep bring out new versions. If i understand correctly the people responsible for september 11th used one of the versions of flight sim as a training tool.

andy257

james_bond_rulez
12-30-2003, 05:08 PM
:huh: wow yeah i've thought about that

it'll never be the same as the real thing but it's better to just sit there and spiral ur way to death. Not the way i like to die :lol:

yeah the US gov must have regulated it so that it'll never be a "complete" training tool cuz terroists can use it and train so i guess i'll just have my fun on my computer :lol:

anyway it's good to learn how to fly cuz i'll never do it in real life....i dont have 20/20 vision......

ahctlucabbuS
12-30-2003, 05:34 PM
i am pretty confident if i was ever in an air travel and the poilot and co-poilot suddently died because they are too busy having sex in the cockpit and had a heart attack i can take over and land the damn plane safely.

ROFL, yea right! :lol:

Evil Gemini
12-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Barky@30 December 2003 - 18:34

ROFL, yea right! :lol:
And even if you could fly it, the door to the cockpit would be like steel and bolted thanks to the damn terrorists <_<

james_bond_rulez
12-30-2003, 05:53 PM
mmm the master steward/stewardess would have the key to the cockpit.....

@barky wtf r u laughing at????? :angry: :angry: :angry: at least i went through training.... :angry:

ahctlucabbuS
12-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@30 December 2003 - 18:53
mmm the master steward/stewardess would have the key to the cockpit.....

@barky wtf r u laughing at????? :angry: :angry: :angry: at least i went through training.... :angry:
lol don´t be so god damn touchy. No offence intended... :rolleyes:

TNTIcemanTNT
12-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Want a medal for absolute sadness.
I cant believe you sat there for 5 hours playing a flight sim

Sad sad boy.

Cotton
12-31-2003, 12:49 PM
GJ Bond.

Where did u get the sim from, i would like to give it ago.

BTW they are pretty close to the real thing. This guy that used to be my neighboor flew Fighter jets for the Airforce, and he said that those flight sims are very realistic (the fighter jet ones anyway) and that a jet is flown 90% with the joystick the 10% is just what the Flight sims dont add because its boring crap like GPS, fuel richness and shit like that.

Mad Cat
12-31-2003, 02:00 PM
Its on suprnova and I bet you could find it on Kazaa, if you wanted to. Check verifieds.

TheDave
12-31-2003, 04:55 PM
well done jbr. i remember youre first flight but i still cant do it

james_bond_rulez
12-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TNTIcemanTNT@31 December 2003 - 03:20
Want a medal for absolute sadness.
I cant believe you sat there for 5 hours playing a flight sim

Sad sad boy.
well according to u all the poliots who have a job are so sad they are no life...

lol

hey cotton i pm&#39;ed u 2 torrents hope you can get it to play

learning to fly is like ridng a bike really. first time out you always crash but as you get the hang of it u&#39;ll really enjoy this sim...

my first flight was pretty short, it was from vancouver intl to seattle with my trusty boeing 747

i dont know why but i love flying 747&#39;s never flown any other plane....

777&#39;s are great also, better i&#39;d say...

oreoman
12-31-2003, 06:10 PM
kan yu pm it to meh too plz

THX DUDE&#33;

james_bond_rulez
12-31-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by oreoman@31 December 2003 - 09:10

THX DUDE&#33;
check pm :lol:

oreoman
12-31-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+31 December 2003 - 20:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 31 December 2003 - 20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-oreoman@31 December 2003 - 09:10

THX DUDE&#33;
check pm :lol: [/b][/quote]
thx dude&#33;

TNTIcemanTNT
12-31-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@30 December 2003 - 17:48
ok for those of ya who dont know, i am simulating a 747-400 boeing passenger jet flying from Vancouver intl airport to Kenny intl.

the entire flight took about 5 hours, i was delayed for about an hour cuz i decided to do some stall tests at about 40,000 feet, i did stall the airplane delibrately for 3 times and have all recovered from certain deaths. also simulating a number of instruments failures such as avionics failures and engine failures.

the landing was a bit rough because the pre-programmed GPS approach was a bit confusing to read and took me about another 30 mins to figure out where to put the plane down.

everything went ok and i successfully landed in Kenny intl airport in newyork.....

woot&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

PS oh yes the simulator is called microsoft flight simulator 2004

great sim :rolleyes:
Notice the "for those of you who dont know".
Who the fuck would know anyway lol&#33;. You say it as though its expected for everyone to know about your virtual triump flighting a plane.
That is why you are truly sad.

apollooff320
12-31-2003, 09:10 PM
James im getting the game right now. I was wondering if u had got any of the add ons. Im reading a MSFS4 forum right now and there is some add on that makes the water reflect. I will make sure to get it when im done downloading.

Is that all u do on the game is fly?

james_bond_rulez
12-31-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by apollooff320@31 December 2003 - 12:10
James im getting the game right now. I was wondering if u had got any of the add ons. Im reading a MSFS4 forum right now and there is some add on that makes the water reflect. I will make sure to get it when im done downloading.

Is that all u do on the game is fly?
you could just grab a plane and just fly but there is an interactive training school which teach u the basics, from how to take off to flying a commerical air jet.

There are also documentations which contain a wealth of information on airplanes, their histories to technical documents such as how to use the instruments and how to use the ATC, autopoilots and stuff

i am not playing with any addons.

@Iceman: ever been sucked in by a 747 hot air compressed engine at max throttle? it&#39;s not pleasant to say at least :lol:

Rip The Jacker
01-01-2004, 01:21 AM
3rd gen noob is correct. James_bond_rulez, your sig is too big. Look at the rule:

Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 495x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used. The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes. Signatures that do not comply may be removed or edited by a moderator or administator.
The text in your sig is approximately 720 pixels wide, the text in your sig is too big, please change/remove it. Oh, and I don&#39;t know about the danasoft.com pic, I blocked it.

I removed all the flaming, if this thread doesn&#39;t shape up, it will be locked.

cpt_azad
01-01-2004, 03:05 AM
you flightsim? nice dude&#33; same here, and we&#39;re both from canada, and if your from vancouver, i&#39;ll get a little paranoid :helpsmile: . i like getting the addon planes from www.flightsim.com i love the airbus a340. oh ya, and the 747-400 and the 777-300 in fs2004, the virtual cockpits are the way to go if you have a good comp that can handle it. right now, i have a whole partitioned drive (8 gb&#39;s) devoted to fs2004, addon sceneries and planes and traffic, the works. i don&#39;t know, but i might try and become a commercial/airline pilot when i grow up, i&#39;ll look into it more.

EDIT: 367 hours logged in fs2004 w00tw00t&#33;&#33; and i only fly with the big jets with ils approaches using VOR navigation, i thought i would never get the hang of VOR, but meh, the information in fs2004 is vast. oh ya iceman, this isn&#39;t directed at the other members on the board, just to james_bond_rulez and other flight simmers.

Peerzy
01-01-2004, 03:19 AM
can someone give me a KAZAA link cause bittorent dont work for me.

ta&#33;(thnx in english ;) )

cpt_azad
01-01-2004, 03:24 AM
i don&#39;t think it&#39;s on kazaa. go buy yours like i did&#33; it&#39;s really worth it, plus i got my yoke (flight control steering wheel thing that they use on jets) from futureshop for 120 bucks :o (i got a huge discount, family members have good positions there :D ). keep trying bittorrent, i think that&#39;s your best bet, just leave it on for a while. otherwise, use emule. i never use kazaa anymore for games/software, even the verifieds are questionabale.

btw, i&#39;m building my 4 engine throttle quadrant :o http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?&#036;=ma.../modu/part4.htm (http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?&#036;=main/howto/modu/part4.htm) . i&#39;ll have to modify it so it has the 4 engine config and the "enrich mixture" lever is used as the 2nd spoiler lever (on jets, you can use the spoilers as ailerons) or just replace it with something like the landing gear lever. can&#39;t wait till it&#39;s finished&#33;

Mr. Elmo
01-01-2004, 03:40 AM
is it just me? or did some of the post in here get deleted...i swear to god i remember this thread being 3 pages long

cpt_azad
01-01-2004, 03:43 AM
someone in here hates pilots :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :angry:

james_bond_rulez
01-01-2004, 03:48 AM
woah hey capt. my solute to u

u r even more hardcore then i am :lol: all i got is a 8 year old 4 buttom 2 axis old Gravis joystick :frusty: and keyboard to navigate

i have not quite mastered the art of flight instrument approach and using the ils and vor approach since they are only using in small planes and only if the gps on my jet got stroke by lightening :lol:

otherwise i am quite accustomed to flying with the new gps guidence system and i do take the helm manually and only use auto pilots system only when I am 10,000 feet and above ;)

finally found a fellow simer ;)

cpt_azad
01-01-2004, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@31 December 2003 - 19:48
woah hey capt. my solute to u

u r even more hardcore then i am&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; all i got is a 8 year old 4 buttom 2 axis old Gravis joystick&nbsp; :frusty:&nbsp; and keyboard to navigate

i have not quite mastered the art of flight instrument approach and using the ils and vor approach since they are only using in small planes and only if the gps on my jet got stroke by lightening&nbsp; :lol:

otherwise i am quite accustomed to flying with the new gps guidence system and i do take the helm manually and only use auto pilots system only when I am 10,000 feet and above&nbsp; ;)

finally found a fellow simer ;)
:D good job. i still remember when i started off, man, i sucked big time. "duh, what does this button do". it took me 2 years (i had fs2000 back then, never did buy fs2002) to actually grasp the VOR concept and another year to fully understand it and use it in navigation and landing/approach. and to think, i learned and did all of that without ever flying a 747 before :o . i have flown cessna&#39;s b4, but only about 30 accumulated hours in real life (GPS navigation, from vancouver to victoria and up to northwest territories once, with family and a damn good pilot of course, in fact, that pilot never did trust me at the controls.). anyways keep it up, finally did find a simmer on this board :D .

EDIT: my first real/actual VOR navigated flight was on a a340 from frankfurt to toronto. man, was that flight smooth. that flight proved to me that practice makes perfect :)

james_bond_rulez
01-01-2004, 03:57 AM
wow damn maybe we can fly together sometime, you or i can host a session together ;)

cpt_azad
01-01-2004, 04:05 AM
sounds good to me, and the ping won&#39;t be bad either :D

noname12
01-01-2004, 04:24 AM
Flight sim is cool and if you wanna train as a pilot, no better place to start, regardless wether its completely real or not it does actually include many of the mandatory reading needed to take lessons and tests and does maximise the affects in order to be able to handle a plane.
Like all sim&#39;s its not completely accurate but its the next best thing available to non-military civi&#39;s who enjoy flight.

I think its cool that JB managed it, I tried a flight from one side of NYC to the other and ended up getting lost and crashing in the middle of the ocean&#33; :lol:

Nice one, I thin I need to go back to lesson one <_<

tHe LiNk
01-01-2004, 04:30 AM
Wow, you are pretty dedicated to this game&#33; Doesnt it get boring though? Certainly sounds as if it would, flying for 5 hours :huh:

noname12
01-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by tHe LiNk@1 January 2004 - 04:30
Wow, you are pretty dedicated to this game&#33; Doesnt it get boring though? Certainly sounds as if it would, flying for 5 hours :huh:
You&#39;d be suprised, I guess it is for those who love flight, but it doesnt get that dull because you constantly have to make corrections and keep control.
Tirbulance, the course and so on, keeps you busy, but its a sim so its aimed at those who either fly as a proffession or have a hobby in flight.

ahctlucabbuS
01-01-2004, 04:37 AM
Ok I´m not gonna fread all these fucj&#092;king replyes. But if he is happy the wtf do you care??? Just let people have their own fun without bashing that because you´re not having fun or whatever&#33;&#33;

Happy New year&#33;&#33;
:)

james_bond_rulez
01-01-2004, 04:38 AM
well see, the problem with autopilots is that you can never trust the onboard computer to do the flight for you

you can&#39;t just set the autopilot on and then take a map and 3 hours later u find ur aircraft in the bottom of the pacific, just isnt done

sometimes i get lazy and use time compression but still keep close taps on the autopilots to make sure you dont suddenly stall at 40,000 feet and the elevator trim doesn&#39;t do anything funny

it&#39;s hard work being a pilot....

ahctlucabbuS
01-01-2004, 04:39 AM
Ok I´m not gonna read all these fucking replyes. But if he is happy the wtf do you care??? Just let people have their own fun without bashing that because you´re not having fun or whatever&#33;&#33;

Happy New year&#33;&#33;
:)

2004 is gonna be a fucking good year I tell ya :D&#33;

cpt_azad
01-01-2004, 04:41 AM
i don&#39;t know, i never get bored. the longest flight i&#39;ve ever done is a trans-pacific from Vancouver to Singapore via Seoul on a singapore airlines 777 (it&#39;s a real flight route too, i&#39;ve been on it before) it took a total of 22 hours+2hours break at seoul. you gotta love this stuff to be like me. but there are way more dedicated people out there, i&#39;m just part of that majority. I&#39;m thinking of becoming a pilot, but it&#39;s gonna be hard as I can&#39;t go into the Air Force and train for being a pilot there (I don&#39;t have 20/20 vision which is required in the Air Force to become a pilot, or for that matter, in the Armed Forces. But to be an airline/commercial/recreaional pilot, you must have 20/20 corrected/uncorrected vision, which means i can wear glasses as long as i have 20/20 with them on.) the reason i wanted to go into the air force because i honestly don&#39;t have that kind of money to train for and become a pilot. but i&#39;ll look more into it next year. back to the point. flightsimming is great&#33; i learned how to fly a cessna on fs98 before i actually flew a real cessna 172 from vancouver to victoria when i was 10. i didn&#39;t do the takeoff/landing cuz that&#39;s illegal by FAA, but i did do the navigation and flying that occurs between takeoff and approach/landing. it was sweet. i seriously am considering being an airline/commercial pilot as a career.

EDIT:

well see, the problem with autopilots is that you can never trust the onboard computer to do the flight for you

you can&#39;t just set the autopilot on and then take a map and 3 hours later u find ur aircraft in the bottom of the pacific, just isnt done

sometimes i get lazy and use time compression but still keep close taps on the autopilots to make sure you dont suddenly stall at 40,000 feet and the elevator trim doesn&#39;t do anything funny

it&#39;s hard work being a pilot....

i never use autopilot until i reach my cruising altitude (30,000+ feet). i never let the the autopilot do the heading changes/corrections for me, i just take the lvl function off. the only thing i use autopilot for is to keep my altitude steady above 30,000. sometimes i might use the autothrottle, but not normally. what&#39;s the fun in flying when a computer does it for you? but then again, you can use it and be lazy and get paid (in real life) 100g&#39;s a year :P .

Ok I´m not gonna read all these fucking replyes. But if he is happy the wtf do you care??? Just let people have their own fun without bashing that because you´re not having fun or whatever&#33;&#33;

Happy New year&#33;&#33;

2004 is gonna be a fucking good year I tell ya &#33;

^hell ya&#33; doom3, half life 2. 2004 is gonna kick some major ass&#33;

james_bond_rulez
01-01-2004, 04:44 AM
wow that&#39;s great and good luck to u capt.

i only fly for fun and hope i never use these skillz i have in real life since i hate flying in real life lol

but then if duty calls when i am needed i wouldn&#39;t hestate for another second.... ;)

cpt_azad
01-01-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@31 December 2003 - 20:44
wow that&#39;s great and good luck to u capt.

i only fly for fun and hope i never use these skillz i have in real life since i hate flying in real life lol

but then if duty calls when i am needed i wouldn&#39;t hestate for another second.... ;)
thanks&#33; oh ya, that voice changer thing you sent me james, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

james_bond_rulez
01-01-2004, 04:48 AM
yeah and now you can be that girl in ur avatar and kick some ass&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

cpt_azad
01-01-2004, 04:49 AM
lol, damn straight&#33; i&#39;m leaving for the party now. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D :D :D

apollooff320
01-01-2004, 05:12 PM
im having some problems installing it can someone help me out?

apollooff320
01-01-2004, 05:16 PM
nevermind I got it.