PDA

View Full Version : Help

Mr. Elmo
12-30-2003, 05:56 PM
well, i was stupid enough to actually click and download BT client 3.3 from suprnova.org and now my comp is flooded w/ ad/spyware...any good programs out there? oh and everytime windows start....there would a little bar that start too....came free w/ the bt 3.3....stupid suprnova... :angry: :angry: :angry:

DWk
12-30-2003, 05:59 PM
lol BT doesnt include spyware.... u prolly clicked something wrong

get BT from here (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/)

edit - oh btw to remove spyware.... ad-aware or spybot search&destroy

Mr. Elmo
12-30-2003, 06:03 PM
have you tried downloaditn the one from suprnova? if you havent...go there, download it, and then tell me bt doesnt inlcude spyware again and ill listen

Edit: thats the version im downloaded...not taking chances again....going back to shadows version

DWk
12-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@30 December 2003 - 11:03
have you tried downloaditn the one from suprnova? if you havent...go there, download it, and then tell me bt doesnt inlcude spyware again and ill listen

Edit: thats the version im downloaded...not taking chances again....going back to shadows version
no i havent tried downloading the version from suprnova.... WHY? because i download software from official sites....

shadows is a torrent manager.... bittorrent is the protocol.... u sure u talking about the same thing?

Mr. Elmo
12-30-2003, 06:17 PM
have you tried shadows client? and what do you mean am i sure im talking about the same thing....they are both bittorrent client...what else is there?

DWk
12-30-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@30 December 2003 - 11:17
have you tried shadows client? and what do you mean am i sure im talking about the same thing....they are both bittorrent client...what else is there?
nm LOL.... hehe i misread there <_<

thought i read just BT on the first time ;)

where in suprnova DID you get a bt client 3.3?

DWk
12-30-2003, 06:41 PM
are you saying that you download BT from the Advertisement section? just wondering...

Mr. Elmo
12-30-2003, 06:44 PM
as soon as your browerser open the site theres a pop up that advertise the 3.3 version...so i clicked...and my comp was flooded w/ adware....but the pop up doesnt come up anymore....but its okay, i got all that stuff deleted now.

DWk
12-30-2003, 06:48 PM
sry... i dont see popups ever....

Mr. Elmo
12-30-2003, 06:51 PM
i just installed my isp browser that has a pop up blocker so no more pops up for me either :D