PDA

View Full Version : 2 Emule Questions

Aaron_T
12-30-2003, 06:14 PM
1. when i go off emule and switch my PC off then go back on later my download which is FRIENDS SERIES 10 EP 1 dissapears how can i stop this doing that?

2. how do i preview a movie file in it ???

help would be much apprecieated THANKS :)

TRshady
12-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Not sure about q.2 as I dont use it much, but as for it dissapearing every time, make sure you dont have any software such as window washer which automatically clears all temp files (which is what your part downloaded files are stored in). Or make a new folder for files which are downloading in E-mule and set it to that directory in emule options.

Good luck
TRshady =]

thisiswhoweare
12-30-2003, 06:49 PM
1. Sometimes emule takes a minute or two to fully close down. If you swtich it off before it can do this, you will end up with damaged parts.

2. Use VLC and plugin (emule official homepage / downloads section). To preview make sure the player is set in preferences and right click and select preview to preview.

Didnt you say you werent gonna use it anymore because it was crap?

Aaron_T
12-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@30 December 2003 - 18:49
1. Sometimes emule takes a minute or two to fully close down. If you swtich it off before it can do this, you will end up with damaged parts.

2. Use VLC and plugin (emule official homepage / downloads section). To preview make sure the player is set in preferences and right click and select preview to preview.

im doing this for my cousin, wots the address of the emule homepage?

Aaron_T
12-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@30 December 2003 - 18:49

im doing this for my cousin, wots the address of the emule homepage?

thisiswhoweare
12-30-2003, 07:26 PM
http://www.emule-project.net

Aaron_T
12-30-2003, 08:11 PM
the previewing still doesnt work with videolan its still greyed out when i try to preview

Aaron_T
12-30-2003, 08:22 PM
this is wot came up when i tried to preview it from the folder i keep the temp files
in

http://66.98.194.136/434/178/upload/p252756.jpg

thisiswhoweare
12-30-2003, 08:30 PM
you need to download the first and last chunks before the preview becomes blacked out.

Try previewing the .part file and not the others. That will be the biggest file in the folder.

Aaron_T
12-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@30 December 2003 - 20:30
you need to download the first and last chunks before the preview becomes blacked out.

Try previewing the .part file and not the others. That will be the biggest file in the folder.
i did preview the .part but i dont understand about the 1st and last chunks, all ive done is downloaded 11 mb of friends series 10 ep 1 please help again :)

thisiswhoweare
12-30-2003, 08:59 PM
ok, emule files are split and downloaded into parts. (This is because to avoid corrupted files, parts that are corrupted can be downloaded again without downloading the entire thing).

Most video files have important info in the last and first parts of these files, so you need to download these before they can be previewed. There is a option in the context menu (right click) which lets you choose to download the first and last, but it wont always do this straightaway.

When you have these chunks, you may also need to have additional MBs to of the video to preview properly.

11MB is just to small a data to preview. As a chunk is rougly 9MB, you've only got one full chunk.

kAb
12-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Azzz@30 December 2003 - 13:22
this is wot came up when i tried to preview it from the folder i keep the temp files
in

http://66.98.194.136/434/178/upload/p252756.jpg
could you maybe, move those annoying opened screens there? so we can see that, um, wallpaper? ;) :D

thisiswhoweare
12-30-2003, 09:27 PM
:lol:

i was waiting for a reply along those lines :D :rolleyes:

your cousins computer right? :) ;)

Aaron_T
12-30-2003, 10:10 PM
so how much MB will i have to download to preview it

p.s its my computer just showin my cousin

thisiswhoweare
12-30-2003, 11:53 PM
Depends really.
If preview becomes available in the menu, use it. If theres not enough data it'll prb show a blank player screen, or it will play for a bit then close the player window.

pol
12-31-2003, 02:38 AM
have a look in this thread (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=85039) for a handy previewing tool.

if i remember right, you need to have both videolan and avipreview installed
but it works differently and when it cant preview a moving image, you can use
it to get a still image to preview instead