PDA

View Full Version : K++ 2.4.3 Never Downloads From Multiple Users

johnoh
12-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Well I've read through all the "how to download faster" posts and have been playing with Options for a couple hours, but no matter what I do I cannot get a file to download from multiple users at once. I can get a dozen different files to download at once, but each of them will download from only one user at a time.

Example: cancel all downloads, search on Simpsons avi that finds 30 users, right click>download, go to traffic, it will show 2 or 3 or 4 users but will never download from more than one at a time. It will cycle from one user to the next user, but never download from 2 or more at once.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

(edit: I should have said "Klite 2.4.3" in the title)

cappella(m)
12-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Hmm I dont know.. my clean kmd downloads from many users at once

Nwas
12-30-2003, 10:04 PM
this never happened to me. :o Usually when you have many sources for the file it would split the file size from the users when you d/l. If this is not working for you i would do 1 of 2 things.

1. Uninstall k-lite 2.4.3 and restart your comp and reinstall.
2. Download a newer k-lite version. Kazaa lite resurrection 2.4.5 is good!!.. or you could go with Clean KDM 2.4.4.

Hope this helps

johnoh
12-30-2003, 11:51 PM
thanks nwas reinstalling helped. Now when I search on one or two files they will download from multiple sources. But when I copy over my old dat files into the new MySharedFolder, they all are stuck on one source. They will repeatedly attempt to start from a second source, but the second source does not kick in alongside the first. No idea why.

Cyril
12-31-2003, 02:31 AM
Try deleting the no IP sources - see HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=72194) on how to

johnoh
12-31-2003, 05:04 AM
okay I followed the instructions to delete sources that had no source ip or supernode ip, but did not find any sources without a source or supernode ip to delete. Interestingly, many of the dat files had 20-40 sources, but they continue to download using only one source at a time when I re-opened klite.