PDA

View Full Version : Stalker Engine Early Build

Pitbul
12-30-2003, 08:27 PM
a very early build of the X-Ray engine their using for the upcoming Stalker is on suprnova.org dont know if anyone posted this already but just letting you know i got it but haven't ran it yet.

Mad Cat
12-30-2003, 08:46 PM
I heard of this game and I know the full name is Stalker: Oblivion Lost, but I can't remember what the hell its all about. Shed any light on it for me?

Pitbul
12-30-2003, 09:08 PM
its a long hard story to explain it has to do with Chernobly 40 that nuke place the early build looks fantastic but its so early only 2 stages have enemies and the AI is kinda stupid also it doesn't have its physics engine implemented yet but for an 1 year old build the textures and eviorment's look great if you want to watch trailers go here www.gametrailers.com under S for stalker and the official website is here www.stalkergame.com playing this has really hyped me up for the official release.

Mad Cat
12-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Is it an FPS or what though? RPG?

Pitbul
12-30-2003, 09:41 PM
First Person Shooter.

apollooff320
12-31-2003, 12:44 AM
im downloading it right now from suprnova...I tried IRC but can't get nothing.

oreoman
12-31-2003, 01:49 AM
i got it in like 30 minutes and the game is AWESOME the graphics r sweet

well thats for my 9600xt but over the game is awesome yu kant do shit but the levelsa are soo wel designed and stuff like it looks amazing!

cpt_azad
12-31-2003, 02:44 AM
holy shit! this game rocks man! from watching the trailers, the levels looks huge!! i think doom3 has a competitor.

apollooff320
12-31-2003, 03:09 AM
can someone tell me how to start a game

Mad Cat
12-31-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by apollooff320@31 December 2003 - 03:09
can someone tell me how to start a game
Isn't there a .nfo with it to tell you that?

apollooff320
12-31-2003, 03:22 AM
how do I open it? I always see that when I download things but always got some kind of error when clicking it.

Mad Cat
12-31-2003, 03:27 AM
I have no idea apollo. I need more info.

Can anyone post screenshots?

cpt_azad
12-31-2003, 03:57 AM
apollo, just get yourself the DamnNFO Viewer, it's a free download.

OR

you can go with the alternative: right click on a nfo file, then open with and select program from list, then select notepad. i used to open all the nfo files with notepad (and yes, i always got the error that you got if i double clicked on it) but now i use the DamnNFO Viewer, it's really simple. hope that helped.

Pitbul
12-31-2003, 04:39 AM
ok to run it you need to click each Demo and it will start it up. if you push the normal looking .exe it will just give you the screen to mod it but unless youre the actual dev you wont know jack. double click the run_demox_xxx MS-DOS.exe's to run the game each one is time of day.

considering this is only a very early leaked build and how huge and finley desiged the levels are i think this game can easily go against HL2 and Doom 3. the game is errie as well. i was walking all alone then i heard something like a bottle was getting kicked around and kinda jump you can also here wolves or something in the background every now and then

abu_has_the_power
12-31-2003, 05:03 AM
wow. that's not bad. this one has huge areas. doom 3 is a bit differnt. most of the battles are in corridors and small areas. this and hl2 will be pretty good

cpt_azad
12-31-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@30 December 2003 - 21:03
wow. that's not bad. this one has huge areas. doom 3 is a bit differnt. most of the battles are in corridors and small areas. this and hl2 will be pretty good
.damn straight :o ! doom3 is more of a closed quarter fire fighting, well not really fire fights, more like scare the crap out of you then shoot the zombie-thing then the zombie thing is gone, turn around and BAM right in your face kind of game, while half life 2 is pure action with puzzles and things, which makes it that little bit better than doom3. stalker seems to be more of an adventure/fps game, if you go to gamespot and check the preview for the game, you'll know what i mean by adventure. all 3 games look promising, btw, halo2 doesn't come close to these 3 titles. but halo2 is a must buy on my list :rolleyes:

Mad Cat
12-31-2003, 02:08 PM
What about Far Cry?

Far Cry looks like its gonna rule.

Pitbul
12-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Far Cry looks to the weakest in the upcoming titles. sure the AI is unscripted but they still act pretty retarted and the Models and Model Animations look weak and are very fluid i'll prolly still check it out maybe but it if i here the MP is good but im mostly looking forward to MOH PA this January

Mad Cat
12-31-2003, 05:12 PM
Bah, Pacific Assault will be crap. Its not even being made by the same development house as Allied Assault, nevermind the same people.

Pitbul
12-31-2003, 06:14 PM
lol sure try and spred your crappy taste in games. sorry but given MOH engine it wont be crap, if it was a direct port from RS from Consoles to PC then it would be shitty.

Kevhead2
01-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I just watched the trailers from STALKER ..... and im glad they had the sense to make it both 1st and 3rd person as a option. ALL shooters
should have the option to switch back and forth like Rouge Spear does

I HATE first person only games. like being in combat with damn horse blinders on all the time. no periperal vision.

I hate getting blasted by someone that is standing 1 foot away from you, directly to your left or right because you have no peripheral vision.

You cant get true 3D peripheral vision with 3rd person on a monitor but its the best we have right now (untill we get true virtual reality) and its better than trying to fight with horse blinders on

Mad Cat
01-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@31 December 2003 - 18:14
lol sure try and spred your crappy taste in games. sorry but given MOH engine it wont be crap, if it was a direct port from RS from Consoles to PC then it would be shitty.
Its not the original MoH engine, which was basically the Q3A engine modded.

TNTIcemanTNT
01-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Im having a problem, I start all those dos demo files , and everyone i start, it comes up with the oblivion lost window, then it goes to a bigger screen saying stalker and I hear a error ping/sound.
It just sits at server starting in the bottom and doesnt do anything yet if I alt tab out I cant read this message.

Anyon can help?Got this problem?

Kevhead2
01-04-2004, 03:32 AM
I tried to run the Alpha and i just get a black screen with a bunch of letters and numbers on it