PDA

View Full Version : Computing Site Name ...

TRshady
12-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey all,
Hope people can help here. Ive been working on a site, came close to releasing it but then went for a domain and decided on one, made a logo an' all, then realized its already been used!, lol. So if people can recommend a domain name I'd appreciate it.

Its a computing site with reviews, guides, articles, news on hardware/software and other related beneficial content and will be adding a web design section soon after.

I would like if my any part of my name (Tony Riley) is included, either initials, spelling change or something. I'm kinda stuck as it was going to be:

TRcomputing.net, not knowing its already being used, well not the .net but the name is copyrighted and "RileysResource" is all I can think of for now, any other suggestions?

Thanks.

TRshady
12-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Wow, give me a minute or two in order to catch up with the overwhelming response ....

:(

DWk
12-30-2003, 11:02 PM
how bout pcshady :)

i think that goes with u....

or

rap-pc
raPC
shadypc
marshallpc
pcbeyond
pcbestest

TRshady
12-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the reply. :)

Thing is though, its not in anyway related to eminem at all, or even rap for that matter and I dont want it to relate with my domain ....

I.am
12-31-2003, 08:26 PM
I like RileysResource go with that :)

ck-uk
12-31-2003, 09:23 PM
I thought these in the middle of a friends episode.

TRmicrotech

TRnettech

TRmicrocare.

Back for friends part2 :P

djweiser
01-01-2004, 02:56 PM
why not have something like trshady.com/computing ? ;)

TRshady
01-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Ah ... because im gonna be making trshady.com to be a personal/entertainment site, and am making a separate computing site which I want to have its own domain and also have google ads on it. :D ....

So I'll be going with rileysresource.net then :), thanks for suggestions.

djweiser
01-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@1 January 2004 - 14:58
Ah ... because im gonna be making trshady.com to be a personal/entertainment site, and am making a separate computing site which I want to have its own domain and also have google ads on it. :D ....

So I'll be going with rileysresource.net then :), thanks for suggestions.
pcshady.com is way better, easyier to remember. also check your pm box shady ;)

TRshady
01-01-2004, 03:17 PM
I'll say it again, I do not want the name to relate at all to rap, shady records or even music as its misleading for a computing site. At least with rileysresource.net, its using my surname (family will like that :P), its a resource of computing including web design and is a tad more professional then some suggestions/ Although it is a bit long and some people may have trouble spelling it I guess, if its good enough for I.am, its good enough for me :P). Though I'm still open for suggestions, ordering the domain tonight.

Oh, netwieser ... I'm sorry but don't have time to work on any other site as I currently have to of my own and am part of a team working on a complete network due to be released soon.

djweiser
01-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@1 January 2004 - 15:17
I'll say it again, I do not want the name to relate at all to rap, shady records or even music as its misleading for a computing site. At least with rileysresource.net, its using my surname (family will like that :P), its a resource of computing including web design and is a tad more professional then some suggestions/ Although it is a bit long and some people may have trouble spelling it I guess, if its good enough for I.am, its good enough for me :P). Though I'm still open for suggestions, ordering the domain tonight.

Oh, netwieser ... I'm sorry but don't have time to work on any other site as I currently have to of my own and am part of a team working on a complete network due to be released soon.
no but pcshady cud be like pcworld

ignore me im drunk.

TRshady
01-01-2004, 03:43 PM
But I will be covering web development too ..... which I dont class under pc .

Will do mate. :)

djweiser
01-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@1 January 2004 - 15:43
But I will be covering web development too ..... which I dont class under pc .

Will do mate. :)
cheeky git <_<