PDA

View Full Version : Aol New Best Kept P2p Secret(sort Of)

riceboi
02-19-2003, 09:18 PM
before i start saying anything..please no flammin about aol..k back to the subject.if u have aol(AIM wont work)..they have chatrooms that send all kind of goodies through email..which aol can hold over 15 gigabytes (thats a whole harddrive)..you will get vcd,svcd,dvd movies..new mp3 albums..retail softwares..pc games..ps2..xbox..no queues..no bandwidth limit..no popups..no ads..but anywayz..

heres a list what u can get frum the servers

solution list (http://home.earthlink.net/~lookitznite/solution/)
imperial list (http://members.aol.com/outtyizbak99/index.html/)

if you dont know how to get these mails heres a link that can help u..remember aol can only hold 1000 new mails max..so dont request too much

TUTORIAL 1 (http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/aolirc/)

Monkey
02-19-2003, 09:29 PM
wow

TRshady
02-19-2003, 10:30 PM
:o :o :o THIS IS MAD :o :o :o

TRshady
02-19-2003, 10:36 PM
The link will bring up an error page. Just remove http:// (leaving just one then press enter.

imported_pattyluce
02-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@19 February 2003 - 23:36
bad spellers of the world untie.....
I thought it was 'dyslexics of the world untie ' :rolleyes: Must be another version eh ;)

reignking
02-20-2003, 03:21 AM
wow. now i just have to trade for some aol accounts. Thanks for the heads up on that...

RK

iBLoStboY
02-20-2003, 02:52 PM
This has been going on for awhile on AOL - there were plenty of rooms before and AOL blocked people from entering those rooms or creating rooms with names like "Ware*" etc etc. Its pretty easy to get stuff from there - they use programs called Massmailers - where they e-mail you a list of stuff they can send you - each file being numbered and all you have to do is just type "send 87" etc etc in the chat room to get the file. I use to go to those rooms when i had a 56k - but didn't dare to download anything (slow connection) - went in to get AOL proggies - scrollers - punters - LOL! aww the good Old days! hahaha

thanks for the info i'll check them out - though i don't know how safe is it getting stuff from there - since your mailbox will be full of files :o

N£MO
02-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Cool tip riceboi thanks.. ;)

lunatacs
02-26-2003, 04:39 AM
aol attemp on p2p hehe

there was some channal back in the day on AOL such as Ware* or vvarez or games or appz and something called APC dont remember too well but those channals are dead now and so most of the channals. AOL bans people very fast. so watch it. as for that little trick well that person will have his acount removed. AOL knows if you have any copyrighted stuff in mailboxs :)

cheers
:blink:

PS> thnx for sharing :)

riceboi
02-26-2003, 06:28 AM
lunatacs writes:
"AOL knows if you have any copyrighted stuff in mailboxs"

isnt this invasion of privacy?

lunatacs
02-26-2003, 08:02 AM
they don't look in every mailbox, they scan them and if it something important they will open it without you knowing it.

invasion of privacy yes, but you have illagal copyrighted stuff, and if you read their terms you will see they have more rights then you think. AOL is good for chatting nothing more. their isn't any privacy on it. its all watched too well. sorry to say.

johnboy
02-26-2003, 12:26 PM
I tried the sample Ware*...and although I was impressed that you could do this in AOL, it wasn't good at all. Firstly its so slow to open an email. Secondly, even though there is no wait, the download is too slow. And finally, yes AOL allows 15GB but the movies are cut into 65 pieces...too much work if you ask me. You'd be better off using K++

riceboi
02-26-2003, 11:16 PM
johnboy writes:
"I tried the sample Ware*...and although I was impressed that you could do this in AOL, it wasn't good at all. Firstly its so slow to open an email. Secondly, even though there is no wait, the download is too slow. And finally, yes AOL allows 15GB but the movies are cut into 65 pieces...too much work if you ask me. You'd be better off using K++ "

1.if u have aol software install it would only take half a sec to open an aol mail..
2.get cable. and get aol software..i was just giving u a look what i had in my
aol webmail without the software.
3.aol(software) has a download manager where u can resume ur downloads and download all ur attachments so it can be queued..so u dont have to wait to download one piece of mail at a time..

johnboy
02-26-2003, 11:50 PM
hmm interesting...well for one i don't feel like installing AOL. Secondly I know i need to enter a credit card #. And finally, its still slower than kazaa :huh:

PcH
02-27-2003, 02:05 AM
This is old skool. AOL Ware z chat rooms have been pirate kings forever. This is how it works: request a file from a robot in a room, it will be sent to you in chunks [usually RARs or ZIPs].

slick nick
02-28-2003, 04:06 AM
You don't need to enter a credit card number. Just choose the pay through telephone bill and if that doesn't work chose bill me later and it's a go.

lunatacs
02-28-2003, 04:11 AM
does it matter how you pay for it? AOL is crap, which software is filled with spyware and lots of other goodies you might not like flying around your computer :D :P B)

Wizzandabe
03-14-2003, 05:53 PM
dose this realy realy work anyone. cos i got the new aol 8. and ill try it on that.

what is the d/l speed?

scribblec
03-14-2003, 06:10 PM
hmmm someone said aol emails were quick to open
my ass
they took ages
also
it6 is a very good kept secret cos i nev er knew about it and i was with them for ages

riceboi
05-11-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by lunatacs@27 February 2003 - 22:11
does it matter how you pay for it? AOL is crap, which software is filled with spyware and lots of other goodies you might not like flying around your computer :D :P B)
didnt i say no FLAMMING about AOL :P

riceboi
02-11-2004, 01:13 AM
i updated the tutorial ..enjoy

updated TUTORIAL (http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/aolirc/)

guit_steel
02-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by riceboi@19 February 2003 - 15:18
before i start saying anything..please no flammin about aol..
Uh.....yeah.....but isn't that the point? Thanks for the update but all other options would have to dry up before I opted for AOL. :P

mooseman2070
02-13-2004, 07:29 PM
i finally have a use for those cds i get every day :P

DoLFaN
02-20-2004, 02:26 AM
this is craziness. I have been an AOL member since like 3.0 or 4.0, and I NEVER new about this. But i was always (and kinda still am) a wanna be internet junkie. LOL, But i will def check this out. But i must be carefull, i've been kicked off of aol many-a-times. Trust me when I say they are very, VERY picky and WILL boot you if they find out.

BTW, how safe r u by doing these d/l's? RIAA safe? AOL (i doubt it) safe?