PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible That A Mobo Mfg. Has

Spindulik
12-30-2003, 10:20 PM
I am at my wit's end here. I bought a new Pentium4 CPU, and a new (in the box) ATI 5200SE video card.

I tried everything other than flash the BIOS (I'll try that tonight), to get this ATI card to work at all. Every time I install the card, the computer sits idle and nothing happens when I turn it on. All of my other video cards work fine (they are NVIDIA chipset).

HOWEVER, the ATI 5200SE works perfect on another computer!

Here's my thought, is it possible that my motherboard is not compatible with ATI cards? It has an integrated NVIDIA VGA card built into the motherboard. I would assume that the manufacture has a deal with NVIDIA, and ATI is not their interest.

Okay, so you may say that my motherboard is defective. Well, I have an identical motherboard, as a spare. The same thing happens to that one too.
Already I have spent a few hundred dollars this week on computer parts, so I am not the happiest person around, and not too anxious to buy a different card or motherboard. This is the 3rd video card I fooled around with since Saturday.

DWk
12-30-2003, 10:48 PM
on bios disable the nvidia integrated card?

as i always say.... im not against ATI.... dunno why this

All of my other video cards work fine (they are NVIDIA chipset).

sounds so good :rolleyes:

Virtualbody1234
12-30-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@30 December 2003 - 16:20
It has an integrated NVIDIA VGA card built into the motherboard.
Have you disabled the onboard video? Check in your BIOS settings.

What motherboard is it? Make and Model please.

Mad Cat
12-30-2003, 11:05 PM
ATi 5200SE. You don't mean GeForce..?

What Operating System are you running?

Download AIDA 32, use that to find out your mother board, download new drivers for the motherboard, and anything else that needs them.

Unless you physically got the motherboard... and well... you know... I doubt it could bone you...

_John_Lennon_
12-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@30 December 2003 - 18:05
ATi 5200SE. You don't mean GeForce..?

What Operating System are you running?

Download AIDA 32, use that to find out your mother board, download new drivers for the motherboard, and anything else that needs them.

Unless you physically got the motherboard... and well... you know... I doubt it could bone you...
Or does he mean ATI 9200 SE?

:-/

Also, it might be that the ATI (if thats what it is) For some reason isnt working without its drivers. You might beable to just install the driver CD, using your integrated Graphics to see the screen, then shut down, hook up the AGp card, and then turn it on.

You'd think youd atleast be able to see the bios screen though.

clocker
12-31-2003, 01:25 AM
I am using a nVidia chipset board and an ATI vid card, so I don't think it's a conspiracy.
You may need to try alternate drivers.
My video card wouldn't work worth beans ( major memory errors) until I switched to Omega Drivers.

Worth a try.

Mad Cat
12-31-2003, 01:29 AM
I had a similar problem in that my computer wouldn't recognise my motherboard.

I had to update my motherboard drivers, because for some reason the PC wouldn't accept that it worked with AGP 8x, when I knew it did.
The drivers solved this.

bigdawgfoxx
12-31-2003, 01:36 AM
He either means 9200SE or FX5600 lol...who knows which one.

I have a radeon 9700Pro with an Asus A7N8X which has an nvidia chipset, and it works great.

_John_Lennon_
12-31-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@30 December 2003 - 20:36
He either means 9200SE or FX5600 lol...who knows which one.

I have a radeon 9700Pro with an Asus A7N8X which has an nvidia chipset, and it works great.
We know dawg, we know, you talk about it in nearly every SINGLE post you make. <_<

Anyway, im off to mod my Powersupply, fiddle around with it abit,

Gimme 20 mins, ^_^

DWk
12-31-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@30 December 2003 - 18:59
We know dawg, we know, you talk about it in nearly every SINGLE post you make. <_<
rofl.... :lol:

Spindulik
12-31-2003, 07:50 AM
I incorrectly stated the model number earlier. I was at work and could not remember the exact number. The correct video card is an ATI RADEON 9200SE 128MB.

Here&#39;s the answer

I searched the internet and found a dozen people with the exact same problem.

The piece of crap motherboard (http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vmm2.html) has a "known issue" with the RADEON 9200 video card. No further BIOS updates available.

I should just get an original Intel Motherboard. I never had problems with those in the past. Unless they install that new "H T" crap, which I believe is a form of built-in spyware that monitors your software piracy.

Spicker
12-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@31 December 2003 - 08:50
I incorrectly stated the model number earlier. I was at work and could not remember the exact number. The correct video card is an ATI RADEON 9200SE 128MB.

Here&#39;s the answer

I searched the internet and found a dozen people with the exact same problem.

The piece of crap motherboard (http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vmm2.html) has a "known issue" with the RADEON 9200 video card. No further BIOS updates available.

I should just get an original Intel Motherboard. I never had problems with those in the past. Unless they install that new "H T" crap, which I believe is a form of built-in spyware that monitors your software piracy.
H T crap? hyper threading is very good... it aint crap and u can have a mobo thts H T compatible and still be able to hav a normal NON H T compatible CPU

(i noe cuz i hav a normal non ht on an ASUS mobo)

i recommend u go for an asus they are pretty cheap ;)

and HT duz not hav built in spyware <_<

Spindulik
12-31-2003, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the HT info.

The motherboard that I have is HT ready. The brand new Pentium4 2.66GHZ CPU that I bought isn&#39;t.

I am stuck with a decent ATI video card. I should either buy another new motherboard so that the ATI works, or I should buy another new video card so that my current motherboard supports it.

I can&#39;t return my current motherboard (I have 2 of them actually), because they were given to me, brand new never used and no sales reciept. The video card can&#39;t be returned because the PC vendor was in town for the computer show and I would have to mail to them (not only that, I returned 2 video cards to them on Sunday already and I think one burned out that cost &#036;127.00. So I bought the P4 CPU and the cheaper ATI from them, and spent more money).

Spicker
12-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@31 December 2003 - 16:23
Thanks for the HT info.

The motherboard that I have is HT ready. The brand new Pentium4 2.66GHZ CPU that I bought isn&#39;t.

I am stuck with a decent ATI video card. I should either buy another new motherboard so that the ATI works, or I should buy another new video card so that my current motherboard supports it.

I can&#39;t return my current motherboard (I have 2 of them actually), because they were given to me, brand new never used and no sales reciept. The video card can&#39;t be returned because the PC vendor was in town for the computer show and I would have to mail to them (not only that, I returned 2 video cards to them on Sunday already and I think one burned out that cost &#036;127.00. So I bought the P4 CPU and the cheaper ATI from them, and spent more money).
lol u shud hav come and asked us before buying all tht stuf... ;)

now if u wana change anything just change the motherboard go for an asus :D
and if u dunt hav any money... then i dunno :blink:
but the motherboards from asus are cheap and reliable ;)

Pitbul
12-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@31 December 2003 - 08:23
I am stuck with a decent ATI video card.
a Decent video card? are you high do i need to kick you in the head? the 9200&#39;s are budget cards and the SE version are even shittier. if it was a 9600 Pro or XT then it would be worth a fuss but if i were you i&#39;d get a new Video card.

_John_Lennon_
12-31-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul+31 December 2003 - 12:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 31 December 2003 - 12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@31 December 2003 - 08:23
a Decent video card? are you high do i need to kick you in the head? the 9200&#39;s are budget cards and the SE version are even shittier. if it was a 9600 Pro or XT then it would be worth a fuss but if i were you i&#39;d get a new Video card. [/b][/quote]
Agreed, the 9200SE, is, a bad choice for anyone.

Spindulik
12-31-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul+31 December 2003 - 13:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 31 December 2003 - 13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@31 December 2003 - 08:23
a Decent video card? are you high do i need to kick you in the head? the 9200&#39;s are budget cards and the SE version are even shittier. if it was a 9600 Pro or XT then it would be worth a fuss but if i were you i&#39;d get a new Video card. [/b][/quote]
Well, I am not high, but comparing the ATI 9200 to the 16MB TNT2 Riva that I am curently using, I&#39;d say the ATI is decent.

GCNaddict
12-31-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@30 December 2003 - 22:20
I am at my wit&#39;s end here. I bought a new Pentium4 CPU, and a new (in the box) ATI 5200SE video card.

I tried everything other than flash the BIOS (I&#39;ll try that tonight), to get this ATI card to work at all. Every time I install the card, the computer sits idle and nothing happens when I turn it on. All of my other video cards work fine (they are NVIDIA chipset).

HOWEVER, the ATI 5200SE works perfect on another computer&#33;

Here&#39;s my thought, is it possible that my motherboard is not compatible with ATI cards? It has an integrated NVIDIA VGA card built into the motherboard. I would assume that the manufacture has a deal with NVIDIA, and ATI is not their interest.

Okay, so you may say that my motherboard is defective. Well, I have an identical motherboard, as a spare. The same thing happens to that one too.
Already I have spent a few hundred dollars this week on computer parts, so I am not the happiest person around, and not too anxious to buy a different card or motherboard. This is the 3rd video card I fooled around with since Saturday.
ive had the same issue and ATI hasnt helped me a bit

this was with a 9800xt (i installed it on the PC that is currenty on the 5950 ultra, but with the 9800xt, it would boot once, but wouldnt boot again)

ive come to the conclusion that ATI is to blame, with their SmartGart Driver (the issue could lie anywhere within the catalyst series of drivers tho)

the solution: switch to nVidia. ur one of the few who have suffered from this issue

DWk
12-31-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by GCNaddict@31 December 2003 - 13:43
ive come to the conclusion that ATI is to blame

the solution: switch to nVidia. ur one of the few who have suffered from this issue
:o :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bigdawgfoxx
12-31-2003, 11:35 PM
The title of this topic sounds bad...is it possible that my mobo manufactuer has "boned" me..haha boned means fuck if you use it that way...it just sounds funny haha

Spindulik
12-31-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@31 December 2003 - 19:35
The title of this topic sounds bad...is it possible that my mobo manufactuer has "boned" me..haha boned means fuck if you use it that way...it just sounds funny haha

I meant it in the funny way, meaning f_cked.