PDA

View Full Version : 1st Class Noob,downloaded File Now What

SpritelyOtay
12-31-2003, 09:02 AM
Hi,i did look at the giude provided at the top of the page but im so new to this that i dont now what half the words used even refer to.All i know is that i downloaded a file in rar form,extracted it and received 4 individual files with the extensions .ccd .cue .img .sub and a cracked .exe.The guide talked about burning images with .bin .iso and .cue files now i do have a .cue so first question is, is that enough, and second question is can i just use nero to burn the files to a cd then hopefully install that way.The file is the viking invasion addon for Medieval which i already have installed on my c drive.

Thanks

Broken
12-31-2003, 09:12 AM
open nero
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/nero99898%20copy.jpg
go to burn image, select the cue, and burn it.

install it from the cd you have made...
go to the folder you have installed it to. open the original file on you hard drive and drag the crack file into it, run the crack.
finished... ;)

N£MO
12-31-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by SpritelyOtay@31 December 2003 - 09:02
Hi,i did look at the giude provided at the top of the page but im so new to this that i dont now what half the words used even refer to.All i know is that i downloaded a file in rar form,extracted it and received 4 individual files with the extensions .ccd .cue .img .sub and a cracked .exe.The guide talked about burning images with .bin .iso and .cue files now i do have a .cue so first question is, is that enough, and second question is can i just use nero to burn the files to a cd then hopefully install that way.The file is the viking invasion addon for Medieval which i already have installed on my c drive.

Thanks
Get yourself Alcohol120% and navigate to the .ccd file,then burn.

cpt_azad
12-31-2003, 10:10 AM
i find the nero way much much much easier

Mad Cat
12-31-2003, 02:10 PM
You can mount it with Daemon tools or alcohol too.

Pitbul
12-31-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by cpt_azad@31 December 2003 - 03:10
i find the nero way much much much easier
no its not moron there the same only Alcohol 120 supports more formats then Nero. :01:

Mad Cat
12-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Its all down to preference.

Do you really need 5,000 different file formats to choose from? That'll confuse the newbies even more!

muchspl2
12-31-2003, 05:32 PM
well he can mount it with daemon tools ( saves cds)
burn it to a cd with nero/alcohol 120%/cdrwin/clonecd/blindwrite

I preferr daemon tools
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php

1. Install Daemon Tools
2. On the bottom of your screen there is little icon of Daemon Tools, click it.
3. Click on "Device 0: [H:] No media" (H could also be another letter) and a window pops up.
4. Select the disc image you want to load and click on open.

SpritelyOtay
12-31-2003, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the help

johnboy27
12-31-2003, 07:41 PM
Get Clonecd.The .ccd file is a clone cd image.

SpritelyOtay
12-31-2003, 08:04 PM
I had a closer look at the files and the .img file is the only file of any size at 585 mb the .cue is only 84 bytes and the .ccd is 776 bytes with the .sub being 23.9 mb so how do i still burn the .cue file when its so small and where would the install get the information if not from the cd i make.And does anyone know if i should install the addon to my existing Medieval folder or run it as a seperate install.

Thanks

abu_has_the_power
12-31-2003, 08:08 PM
Mounting is so much better than burning for following reasons:
1. if u burn it, and play it, and find out it sucks monkey balls, and u don't want it, u just wasted 2 cds
2. mounting can prevent cd read errors and burn errors. it also makes ur cd drive much cooler

Phoenix007
01-01-2004, 05:45 AM
All the information is located inside the .img file. If u open the .cue file, u will see that it only points to the image file. The same thing with Bin and Cue files. The Cue file points to the BIN file which contains the actual game data. Hope this helps.

SpritelyOtay
01-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Ahhh,i think i light just went on.That helps alot at least now i have a sense of what these file extensions actually do.

Thanks again everyone