PDA

View Full Version : Ares , Good Speeds , Good Files

sharedholder
12-31-2003, 11:09 PM
I tried yesterday about 10 p2p programs, i found Ares kind of Kazaa Lite clone to be very good. Good speeds , the same like with K-lite , hash links, Video-Audio previewing. Minus ? Only 16600 users .What about spyware ? Ares don't contain any spyware , ad-aware , you must uncheck the NavHelper when the installation begin and is ok.I checked after that with Ad-aware & Spybot.

http://www.softgap.com/

asmithz
01-01-2004, 04:18 AM
I tried it awhile ago, it seems very unstebile. ;)

EDIT: This one is pretty good, i am testing it now. Thanks for the info.

Sony
01-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder@1 January 2004 - 00:09
I tried yesterday about 10 p2p programs, i found Ares kind of Kazaa Lite clone to be very good. Good speeds , the same like with K-lite , hash links, Video-Audio previewing. Minus ? Only 16600 users .What about spyware ? Ares don't contain any spyware , ad-aware , you must uncheck the NavHelper when the installation begin and is ok.I checked after that with Ad-aware & Spybot.

indeed..that's my choice of P2P client now.I'm done with FastTrack clients as they have more fake files from any other P2P programs out there. Plus the RIAA is doing a great job bringing down Kazaa...for now on I'm staying way from Kazaa cus is getting ridicules downloading fake files

Ares looks like Kazaa and files download fast like in Kazaa,except there are no fakes files in Ares...in my opinion Ares is the best next thing to FastTrack network

i suggest all of you K-Lite users switch to Ares...help a network that is worth the time and it's free of Spyware and addware..let Sherman rant in hell with the RIAA together

[Crucial] Lee
01-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Yeah, Ares has been very popular on my p2p site. It seems to be a growing network and client. I may try it in the future. :)

The Legend
01-06-2004, 12:35 AM
It still doesn't quite do it for me...not so many higher bitrate files in my experience and the low user base means less rare/obscure stuff...

But I'm willing to be converted if I hear otherwise...

icantwin
01-06-2004, 09:38 AM
it looks good ill give it a go

Bandit-Biker
01-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder@31 December 2003 - 23:09

Looks very nice, feels very nice too. I may just leave it on running side by side with 2.4.4 and see what happens :P

First impressions are very good and the user level is now just over 19,000 B)

Dapadipz
01-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Cool SH Il Try This Out

lib
01-06-2004, 06:43 PM
must admit i have been using ares for a while now its great.
needs more users .

Bandit-Biker
01-06-2004, 07:48 PM
This might sound like a dumb question but I've been using Ares all day and I still can't see how to browse peoples' files.

Also, there's the upload bandwidth issue. How do I limit upload bandwidth? I've got the box ticked for allowing more when the computer's idle but a full-on upload is a little much when I need to be doing other things :D

And... Who do I report a bug to? In the default download folder, I've selected it to be the same as the old KL default in C:\my shared folder but a click on the 'apply' button makes it go back to the C:\Program Files\Ares\My shared folder..

Sony
01-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Bandit-Biker@6 January 2004 - 20:48
This might sound like a dumb question but I've been using Ares all day and I still can't see how to browse peoples' files.

Also, there's the upload bandwidth issue. How do I limit upload bandwidth? I've got the box ticked for allowing more when the computer's idle but a full-on upload is a little much when I need to be doing other things :D

And... Who do I report a bug to? In the default download folder, I've selected it to be the same as the old KL default in C:\my shared folder but a click on the 'apply' button makes it go back to the C:\Program Files\Ares\My shared folder..
to browse someones files, you have to go to the chat rooms and find one with the most shared files, then browse his/her files

Ares is a great P2P program..needs more users but at least you get no fake files, plus the RIAA is not much concern about small user base P2P's...they want Kazaa more than any other P2P networks out there...so share files in Ares with no fear my friends :D

I haven't used Kazaa Lite sense i found out about Ares...Ares and Bittorent is all i need for now :)

Bandit-Biker
01-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Sony@6 January 2004 - 21:32
to browse someones files, you have to go to the chat rooms and find one with the most shared files, then browse his/her files

Ahh, I see :D

So if I'm downloading or uploading from someone and want to see their files, I can't? :huh:

icantwin
01-06-2004, 11:45 PM
i downloaded ares and it slowed my computer down alot this is not cool

Sony
01-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by icantwin@7 January 2004 - 00:45
i downloaded ares and it slowed my computer down alot this is not cool
i don't know why that happen to you? it doesn't do that to my computer though...perhops you got a old computer or something ;)

Sony
01-07-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Bandit&#045;Biker+6 January 2004 - 23:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bandit-Biker @ 6 January 2004 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sony@6 January 2004 - 21:32

Ahh, I see :D

So if I&#39;m downloading or uploading from someone and want to see their files, I can&#39;t? :huh: [/b][/quote]
right..you cant&#33;

and if you want to not let anyone to browse your files...go to right click Main, preference, and Privet masseges...unchek the ( allow browse of my library) that&#39;s it :) no one will se your files&#33;

Bandit-Biker
01-07-2004, 02:44 AM
This is good, I like this feature. You don&#39;t need to have file browsing enabled to see that someone is sharing files. You just have to trust it&#39;s not a program files&#39; folder with all the uncompressed stuff in it that&#39;s useless on it&#39;s own :P

I think I&#39;ll have an away message on most of the time as well, the requests I&#39;m getting for pr0n are stopping me from doing my work B)

njdhockey950003
01-15-2004, 05:58 AM
I used Ares for about 4 months and it worked great. However starting in early december it stopped working. the problem is it never connects and just says connecting. ive tried different versions of this and leaving it on for an hour and it still won&#39;t connect. i want to know if anyone has a solution as i don&#39;t want to move away from ares as i appreciate the nonfake files i can get from it.

Sony
01-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by njdhockey950003@15 January 2004 - 06:58
I used Ares for about 4 months and it worked great. However starting in early december it stopped working. the problem is it never connects and just says connecting. ive tried different versions of this and leaving it on for an hour and it still won&#39;t connect. i want to know if anyone has a solution as i don&#39;t want to move away from ares as i appreciate the nonfake files i can get from it.
if you use a Firewall you need to let Ares have access to the Internet. That could be one of the problems you been having <_<

NeedHelp
01-18-2004, 11:11 PM
I love ares. But sometimes i can&#39;t find the things i want and from all the things i downloaded none were fake :) . I recommend just trying it but there are better P2P programs out there.

:boxing:

kungen
01-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Very good program but not much files&#33;i do get good speed but it goes up and down alot..thanks for the tip :D

lib
02-09-2004, 10:07 PM
seems to be getting better all the time still nothing to moan about

todzuallen
02-10-2004, 01:47 AM
this is good I like the search there is no search more but I think it just keeps searching untill you tell it to stop (am I wrong?), oh and I think the search resualts max is 600. I also like the seach feature in library, very useful. I&#39;ll leave it running while i&#39;m using a fasttrack program kazaa lite k++ for now but mabey mammoth if it gets a search more feature and auto find more sources.

mogadishu
02-10-2004, 02:11 AM
It seemed too much like kazaa when I tried it. Bad quality files... if they exist at all - and a very low user base. Emule and Soulseek all the way.

ConNitric
04-24-2004, 03:45 AM
Just tried Ares. Good speed but not nearly enough users. SIGN UP TODAY&#33;&#33;&#33;

Sony
04-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ConNitric@24 April 2004 - 04:45
Just tried Ares. Good speed but not nearly enough users. SIGN UP TODAY&#33;&#33;&#33;
That is what is great about Ares...it have a smaller user base, although it slowly is growing at rapid rate...right now Ares network including it&#39;s sister Wares, it has like 260,000 users

Smaller user base= No fake files&#33; Ares is doing great in that

Bigger user base= Fake noisy mp3 files (proof, FastTrack Network is full of them)

Plus as of yet, no one has been sued from RIAA so far for using Ares....i feel a bit saver with it

- Nightmare -
04-24-2004, 04:20 PM
I&#39;ve had Ares for a while now. I must say that it is a great program and I haven&#39;t encountered any fake files as yet especially in the music department (none of that damn screeching noise).

Another thing I like about it as well is that it doesn&#39;t slow down my computer at all. :D