PDA

View Full Version : Gameports On Nforce2 Mb's

Hawker22
01-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Hi, been trying to select hardware to build a new system and while I am sort of hung up on the XP Barton multiplier unlocking thing(and which board to get- leaning to Abit AN7 as it has good ratings and software everything) But when I went to pick it up, I was introduced to the AlbatronKX18D Pro II, which kicked some butt in reviews AND has a game port. So is a game port of any value in a new board? I have the old Suncom HOTAS and a Logitec Analog wheel that I want to use but CAN I?
I really like the ABIT board but it is $50 more and has no gameport. OTOH, the Albatron has a port but is mostly jumper controlled. GRRRRrrrrRRRR
Any help/advise is appreciated. Thanks
Brand new here and looking for quick help. What about that AMD lock crisis?
HawkerII

bigdawgfoxx
01-01-2004, 12:14 AM
You can usually just plug in a card in a PCI slot and plug it into the mobo and it has a serial and parallel plug, I THINK thats a gameport and what your talking aboutl. Thats what my Asus A7N8X has.

Livy
01-01-2004, 12:15 AM
if yuou use a seperatre sound card it may have a gameport on it. as they usually are part of the sound side im sure.

what about the asus. a7n8x

DWk
01-01-2004, 08:01 AM
:o yea as livy said... some soundcards have a game port...

i dont think its used anymore, so dont think it has any value at all (except the maybe 25 dollars for the sound card lol)

btw happy new year :)