PDA

View Full Version : Tmpeg Problem

Ad
02-20-2003, 06:01 AM
okay i converted a movie which was avi into mpeg format when i go to preview u it now it has audio but no sound whats wrong? I still have the original AVI which plays fine what do i do??

El_Jefe
02-20-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@20 February 2003 - 15:01
audio but no sound whats wrong?
??????? I assume you mean video but no sound :)

Did you extract the audio to a seperate .wav file, prior to encoding?

Ad
02-20-2003, 06:07 AM
how do i exract the audio to a seperate wav file what do i use?

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-20-2003, 06:12 AM
Use VirtualDUb, select your Avi then go to File then "save .wav" and name it something liek "my movie.wav". Then load that onto TMPGenc with the avi.

Ad
02-20-2003, 06:21 AM
when i choose the AVI in browse video it says its not supported why?

DARKSHADOW
02-20-2003, 07:16 AM
u could try and convert the audio in a differnt way so the a-v are in one file instead of two

open avi with virtualdub,select the video option and press direct stream copy,then select the audio option,select full processin mode ,then select compression,scroll down the to the last 1 and press the blank space underneath then ok,select save avi
then open with tmpeg

a little tip ! when u open the avi with tmpeg and it readu your ready to start select the settin boton, then advanved ,in the botom window double click source range in there u can set it to encode a minmute or2 of ur movie so u can see the end result without doin the whole movie

frostaie
03-05-2003, 10:12 PM
u need to go to into TMPGEnc And go to Option enviremental setting VFPAI Plug in and make direct show higher priority like 1 or 2 and make sure u have ac3 codec installed.AIM sn Frostaie