PDA

View Full Version : Fake Movies

--Spam--
01-01-2004, 07:46 AM
I didn't quite know where to post this but I think that this is the best place for it.

Why is it when you download fake movies (or another type of fake files, eg mp3's), the download goes blazing fast. I'm on dial-up and I usually get about 3.5 KB/s. When I download a fake movie file I get speeds of up to 20KB/s. Why is that?

Mr. Elmo
01-01-2004, 08:17 AM
rofl 20KB/s on dial up....rofl your name says it all about this topic

swarnel
01-01-2004, 08:27 AM
when i was using dial up i also occasionaly got speeds like that when downloading fake movies, i think it is because you ar not really recieving as much information as the fake file wants you to think :huh:

Mr. Elmo
01-01-2004, 08:50 AM
if the speed spikes up and down then you're not really getting that speed, but if you're constantly getting 20KB/s , then you're either bullshitting or you need glasses. of you could be downloading from yourself....i did that once....i was getting speed at like 3000KB/s and i was like wtf? look down to see whos uploading to me....and there i was....downloading form myself :"> :">

swarnel
01-01-2004, 09:14 AM
no really it was consistent high speeds

Monkeee
01-01-2004, 09:41 AM
maby it was kilobits :D

Evil Gemini
01-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Its true.

Its got to do with the way the fake file was made.

If its a full avi file thats just black, it goes super fast.

But if its a real movie but a fake file name then ofcourse you wont be getting them fast speeds.

Adster
01-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Evil Gemini@1 January 2004 - 19:52
Its true.

Its got to do with the way the fake file was made.

If its a full avi file thats just black, it goes super fast.

But if its a real movie but a fake file name then ofcourse you wont be getting them fast speeds.
yep coz your actually downloading no data the fake files tactics of theres are shit and don't work very well I Can tell in 5 seconds if something is fake only dumbas ppl need to worry

Aaron_T
01-01-2004, 06:56 PM
im also on a dial-up internet connection and i getfake movie files which go up to 50kbs but once or twice ive come across a real movie file at that speed how can that be explained?

{I}{K}{E}
01-01-2004, 07:08 PM
FAKE files are shared by the RIAA / MPAA with high speed connections
and by people who dont delete their fake files

--Spam--
01-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@1 January 2004 - 08:50
if the speed spikes up and down then you're not really getting that speed, but if you're constantly getting 20KB/s , then you're either bullshitting or you need glasses. of you could be downloading from yourself....i did that once....i was getting speed at like 3000KB/s and i was like wtf? look down to see whos uploading to me....and there i was....downloading form myself :"> :">
It's one of those files that are all black.