PDA

View Full Version : Burning Movies(newbie)

jonnjybegood
01-01-2004, 12:13 PM
I also am new to the DVD world and have d/l a few movies i have TMPGEnc and ULEAD MOVIE FACTORY 2 which works fine for some films ie pirates of the caribbean but when a try this with another film i still get a great pitcure but no sound! Can anybody point me in the right direction :helpsmile:

3rd gen noob
01-01-2004, 12:15 PM
http://www.dvdrhelp.com
http://www.doom9.org

:)

Kk4S-HaVoK
01-01-2004, 05:46 PM
dvd2svcd/vcd/dvd (http://dvd2svcd.doom9.net/)

this is a good site it has a 1 click converting program and a massive help guide

DarkStar1041
01-04-2004, 01:04 AM
magix\HomeDVD-movies is a good program never had a prb and is easy to use

Tyke
01-04-2004, 02:27 AM
you get better results if you extract the sound from a movie to a wav (get VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/)) first., then use TMPGenc to encode with the wav as the audio file.
It might not be a codec problem, one-step encoding can often put sound out-of-sync, or indeed, no sound at all

Cyril
01-05-2004, 04:51 AM
Try using KVCD method from Muchspl2 - HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68852&hl=)

internet.news
01-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by jonnjybegood@1 January 2004 - 13:13
I also am new to the DVD world and have d/l a few movies i have TMPGEnc and ULEAD MOVIE FACTORY 2 which works fine for some films ie pirates of the caribbean but when a try this with another film i still get a great pitcure but no sound! Can anybody point me in the right direction :helpsmile:

First if you want to burn a movie you download from internet or kazaa lite k++,
you surely want to burn the movie on - if possible - on one cd.

The best compression is DivX.

You should download the latest DivX Codecs from divx.com and then get
VirtualDub, with which you can convert between many formats.

DivX is the best compression format.

If you want to see the movie on your DVD Player linked to TV, most DVD Players also play VCD/SVCD.
But SVCD ofter requires more space then DivX. There are as well DVD Players playing DivX.

Cyril
01-08-2004, 12:22 PM
I've just started with VCD and find most movies will easily fit on 1 disc, and quality seems pretty good.

Aurora
01-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Ther is another thing that I would like to do!
I want to put the DVD rips I downloaded from kaza on DVD, so I can watch it on normal DVD player. There is also region problem. DVD players here are American region, while my computer and the DVD burner is from England. What program do I need? Some with the region setup.

Cyril
01-13-2004, 10:07 PM
If you check the KVCD guide (see my sig below) it will show you how to burn a test CD to see if your DVD player will accept or not. Give it a try and see.

Aurora
01-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Gues what happend!

I look around and download DVD2SVCD, easy right!? NO! I need some Cinema Craft Encoder. I need to register and pay for it! :frusty:

So you know where can I get it?
I'll look on kazaa, but if you have some links I'll be greatful.

Cyril
01-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Like I keep saying try the KVCD guide - it's easy to use and works.

Aurora
01-15-2004, 01:24 AM
When I click on it, it just takes me to the home page of KL Board.

Cyril
01-15-2004, 05:37 AM
Try now. When they changed the website address it upset the link so have fixed.

Aurora
01-15-2004, 06:36 AM
I got it.
I'm just not sure what do I transfer the movie to? It doesn't say it's for DVD.
But I'll trust your word for it. I have to try :)
I'll let you know what happend at the end ;)
Thanks

Bandit-Biker
01-15-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Aurora@13 January 2004 - 18:45
Ther is another thing that I would like to do!
I want to put the DVD rips I downloaded from kaza on DVD, so I can watch it on normal DVD player. There is also region problem. DVD players here are American region, while my computer and the DVD burner is from England. What program do I need? Some with the region setup.
Go Here (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=&listall=List+All+Alphabetical) and find your DVD player. I've used it loads for various DVD players and it's worked a treat for all of them B)

Aurora
01-18-2004, 06:05 PM
thanks for this information. I'm not shure how to use it yet. I would also like to burn DVD that would work on diferent DVD players.

cwctv
01-18-2004, 06:31 PM
There's some confusion here Aurora you have downed off KaZaa Dvd RIPS thats a file say 700megs big,this can be converted to Vcd,Svcd or Kvcd (if your Dvd player will play them),all these go on a Cd disc not a Dvd disc.

IF you have downed a file of say 4.5gig or bigger this is a Dvd rip goes on your Dvd disc's,these are rear on Kazaa because of corruption if you want to download DVD's go to Bittorrent BUT they are large bewarned.

If you want to put more than one Dvd RIP(700megs) onto one Dvd disc look around this site its been brought up many times and you don't have to go back to many days either,try Movieworld and Softwareworld.

Hope this helps because I was getting confused myself. :blink:

Oh, forgot if you still want Cinema Craft Encoder say so and I will point you to where you can get it.

SeK612
01-18-2004, 07:28 PM
How would you burn a 700 meg .avi file onto a CD so it can be played on a P.C and a DvD player and appears exactly as the original did (same resolution, same screen size etc). I have tried AVI2SVCD and its very difficult to set up. I've also tried to use TMPGEnc but although I managed to get a file out of the end it was a much smaller screen size (the original file was something like 570 x 400 and the end product was 320x240) and there was not visable way to change it :(.

How large should a converted file be compared to the original (the same size, twice the size?) and will it need to be split? What should the file be (a single .mpg file, muliple different files)? I have a bin/cue movie file how do I view this and can it be burnt striagn to CD as it is?

G2k1boy
01-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Try using VCDEasy, it's simple, powerful, and to the point.

Aurora
01-19-2004, 08:58 PM
You are right! It's all wery confusing! So many diferent ways, my brain is burning!

I'll give it a rest for a day or two, then I'll try some other way.
Talk to you all soon

Bye

chimchimcheroo
01-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Go to dvdr.help.com and search. It takes a lot of research and can be frustrating. You will find on this forum as on most, that people will help you if you put the graft in. As previously stated, use bit torrent for big files (dvdr etc..). There are plenty of good, easy to follow dvd conversion guides out there. It is relatively straightforward to author a dvd compliant movie from vcd with little changes. Always remember, crap in = crap out.

FREEUS
01-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Hello everyone i'm new to this whole conversion thing
my goal was to get my avi files on dvd with dvd quality not looking like something out of the matrix
these were the steps i made
convet avi2vcd in boilsoft
then i would go to tmpgenc to join my files then single depluxing
or whatever that was then i used tmpgenc author when i woke up lol
later i watched the movie that was terrible but i figured i was getting close
anyway the picture quality was terrible and where i thought i joined the files there was no audio i will try the mentioned progam above but have a few questioned does this program give good quality ? how do i join the avi files ? and it also came to my attention this would be an vcd not a dvd which is my ultimate goal for the quality and to get a whole movie on 1 cd or dvd ..... Are there any suggestions one might give to help me
end my sleepless nights and pounding my brain with all this sh----
thanx in advance .i needed to vent .

FREEUS
01-21-2004, 06:33 PM
okay i tried kvcd
after a little time when tmpgenc is opened the screen on there says avi could not be compressed now what