PDA

View Full Version : A Often Found Virus In Kazaa

artmaster88
02-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Recently i have noticed that when searching in kazaa for files, when searching for often used/downloaded/requested/popular programs there is as good as always a virus under them! I have found names like A0020081.exe & A0001557.exe These arer the file names and not the ones that appear on Kazaa. so this might well be "Toilet flushing accelarator.exe" whereas the real file name would be "A0184385.exe"
very characteristic is the "A" and then the 7 numbers. There more varieties than the three i posted. anything that fits into the description. So watch out! I'm not sure which virus it is, cuz my anti-vir tells me before the download is even finished that it's a virus, then i get rid of it.

All so I would like to know how i can copy copyprotected files to my Harddrive? Do I need a certain programm to create an .iso? or .bin and .cue? i would also be alright with an .nrg (nero image)

Thx for any help

Greetz,
KraZaka

TRshady
02-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Thanx, another virus I keep getting is Win32/hantaner which usually comes on cracks and key-gens. What Anti-virus software do you use. I use avg which tells me its a virus when I enter my shared folder.

Siras
02-20-2003, 10:51 AM
I use two virus scans they are avg and norton and the virus i am getting a lot is called blaaaa-blaaaa

Digian
02-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Kaspersky is the cream of AV's.

It doesnt take much to get a virus on kazaa.

Due to the files being split up coming from different users.. you might get the segment of somebody with a virus just remember it doesnt mean everywhere on kazaa it will have the virus.