PDA

View Full Version : Right Click On "traffic" Files [option]

Albon
01-02-2004, 12:01 AM
;)
I accidentally right clicked on a flie in my "TRAFFIC" download window and I got many "HIDDEN" Options:

Pause Files: In Searching / More Sources.. / Remotely Paused etc modes
Resume Files: In ....

And many more useful options for controling the files in "Traffic"
Especially for those with over 300 downloads Paused/Searching/Rem...

Ever wished the accellerator would STOPPPPPPP
Now I can disable that too. :01:

Autumn Fox
01-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Right-click in Traffic, Accelerator->Disable

zedd
01-02-2004, 05:13 PM
can someone explain to me what 'max sources per file' means under the kazaa lite adavanced options. thankyou :D

Autumn Fox
01-02-2004, 09:44 PM
It's a var, it tells K-Lite to how many sources connect to in order to download a file.
If you don't understant it fully lunch KLConfigWizard, a program in K-Lites' main folder, which will set it(max sources per fille) on the base what you tell it(your connection conditions).

zedd
01-02-2004, 10:15 PM
thanks, i went to the wizard, when it asked me about my connection speed, i put high speed broadband, i am on a 600k b/band connection, so i think i done right. also can you tell me why my uploads are fast and my downloads are so slow. i have looked at tips in the forum (which i dont understand) and i have been through the help options at the top of kazaa lite menu thingy :blink: . if you write me any instructions please tell me EXACTLY what to do please coz im thick! it took me 5mins to find the config wizard, which was in my start menu-i mean please use simple terminology for me. thank you ps. whats a var?

wenze1
01-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Try lowering your bandwidth limit to 64 under options/k-lite options/advanced and then change it to 64 in the maxium bandwidth in kilobits for transferring files to other k lite user's.If you have your upload speed to high it will lower your download speed sometimes.

zedd
01-02-2004, 11:46 PM
that made a slight difference, thanku, and your instructions were cool. i have been reading in the forum that 'videolan' and 'BS player' are the only codecs i need to play movies etc, is this right? i have the divx player and an AC3 filter, do you think this is ample for me? ok, i know that downloading movies is ILLEGAL but can i get caught, i was reading something about spyware, i dont really understand what it is but i think its something bad. :ghostface:

wormless
01-03-2004, 12:04 AM
goto http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=...are6&tg=dl-2001 (http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=adaware6&tg=dl-2001) find this one Ad-aware 6.0 build 181 download it its free i use it

zedd
01-03-2004, 12:19 AM
i have just downloaded the ad-adware 6.0 as you said, it found 54 'bad things' and i think its quarantined them, i dont know what it just done but i hope that scan thingy was a good thing. now going back to my other questions above about videolan and the bs player-plz read above and let me know. thank you :rolleyes:

Autumn Fox
01-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Some solutions for download speed improvemants:

If you use K-Dat K-Lite has to be shut down.
If you use KaZuperNodes K-Lite has to be running and be connected. Change ports.
Connect to the fastest SuperNode for you.
Shut down any unnesesary applications consuming bandwidth.
Merge sources.
Enable the Accelerator.
Removing the No IP Sources.
How to change ports. Launch K-Lite
Go to: Options ->Kazaa Lite K++ Options
Click on the Firewall tab
In Incomming ports type a number from 1 to 65535 exept 1214
A good number here is 32565 or 32656 (Just forgot which one :P ) Click OK and restart K-Lite
How to connect to the fastest SuperNode. Launch K-Lite
Click Tools
Click KaZuperNodes
In the left lower part of the window are 4 buttons, click the second one
Wait 'till KaZuperNodes has finnished the operation.
Right-Click in the main window of KaZuperNodes and click "Delete non SN's"
Click "Response Time" so the SuperNodes are arranged.
Quick double-click on a SuperNode with the lowest ping (lowest number)
Middle-Right part of KaZuperNodes window, click "Connect to new SuperNode" (leave your mouse pointer for sometime above a button to get it's description)
How to merge sources. Launch a search for a certian (the one that has low d/l speed) file again
When K-Lite finds 30 sources start a new download
Close K-Lite
Launch K-Dat
Right-Click and drag the pointer to select the two files you want to merge sources
!!! Be sure that these files have the same outcome size, the downloads have to be of a same file !!!
Select the old download and click on the [From->To] button
Click Merge
Delete the new download
Launch K-Lite and continue downloading.
How to remove the No IP Sources (more of a make-up, but why not) Launch K-Dat
Select a file from the list
On Sources tab click Delete
select "Delete all <Not Stored> sources" and click Delete
Download speed depends mainly on the speed of your sources, and with that nothing can be done.

As for codecs, VideoLan (http://www.videolan.org/) and BSPlayer (http://www.bsplayer.org/) aren&#39;t codecs. They&#39;re just applications used for media playback.
Go to Edskes (http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm) site then download and install the K-Lite Codec Pack 2.20 Full.

Also go to Meth Lab (http://xs.tech.nu/) and download and install Peer Guardian v1.99b pr7.
After that lunch it and within the apps window click Support->Check for blocklist updates. It&#39;s for protection.

&#39;Bout that var, what i ment was variable.

zedd
01-03-2004, 09:59 PM
i have done much of the above, didnt really get the hang of it properly. when i tried the remove the no IP sources, it came up with an error message I/O 32, i think that was it anyway, what is that? :smilie4: i went to the meth labs site, but i didnt know how to find that peer to peer thingy?

Autumn Fox
01-04-2004, 12:06 AM
I/O = input/output, i think that the file was in use while you were trying remove the no IP&#39;s.

To download Peer Guardian: Launch Internet Explorer
h**p://homepage.ntlworld.com/tim.leonard1/PG199pr7.zip
copy the address above into IE
change the ** in to tt
hit enter
Download and install.

zedd
01-04-2004, 02:51 AM
ok, i have downloaded so many things so far im even more confused than b4, anyway i have installed that peer 2 peer thing, i dont know what it is or how im supposed to use it but i have it. just a question for you, who are you and why are you helping me? are you an employee of kazaa?

Autumn Fox
01-04-2004, 03:08 AM
Peer Guardian is an application which disconnects companies such as RIAA so you are protected from some (not all) of their actions.

To use it, you just lunch it. Also remamber to update the blocklist file. To do so, lunch Peer Guardian and click Support->Check for blocklist updates. If you don&#39;t see the apps window double-click the "hand" in sys tray.

Why am i helping you ? Because you wanted :helpsmile:

And who am I ? I&#39;m a user, just like you. :beerchug:

ghostsmack
01-04-2004, 06:15 AM
i just wanted to say launch is spelled l a u n c h...not lunch... :)

zedd
01-04-2004, 06:18 AM
can i ask you non kazaa-lite question or is that not allowed? (its pc related). ALSO THIS NOTE IS FOR GHOSTMACH (previous note) the grammar in your english sentence was incorrect, you used the word &#39;spelled&#39; when you should have used the word &#39;spelt&#39;&#33;

Autumn Fox
01-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by ghostsmack+4 January 2004 - 06:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ghostsmack &#064; 4 January 2004 - 06:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i just wanted to say launch is spelled l a u n c h...not lunch... :) [/b]
oops :P

All corrected.

<!--QuoteBegin-zedd@4 January 2004 - 06:18
(...)ALSO THIS NOTE IS FOR GHOSTMACH (previous note) the grammar in your english sentence was incorrect, you used the word &#39;spelled&#39; when you should have used the word &#39;spelt&#39;&#33; [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one.

Autumn Fox
01-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by zedd@4 January 2004 - 06:18
can i ask you non kazaa-lite question or is that not allowed? (its pc related).(...)

Well, yes you can, though i would recommend: SoftwareWorld (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showforum=30) for questions about software
Hardware World (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showforum=31) for questions about hardware
Internet World (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showforum=69) for questions about Internet.

zedd
01-05-2004, 01:19 AM
ok, we will leave the non-kazaa questions. when i do a search and want to download a movie for example, in the description what should i look out for-i mean they have all these weird letters like [tmd],Xvid,DvD rip,Divx,dvl and the list goes on, what do all these things mean. as far as i understand when i pick a movie from my search results, i should look for the one with the highest bandwidth, is this correct? (not that i know what bandwidth means, but hey who cares). also would i be correct in saying that you are not from uk?

Autumn Fox
01-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Thoes weird letters stand for codecs used to compress thoes movies (divx, xvid, mpg) or sources (DVD rip) (rip=copy, more or less).

Don&#39;t look for highest bandwidth, look for more users.
You should pick a movie/anything else that has many sources (a way to download verifieds). Or you should get a hash (get them in corresponding forums; irrelevant what it is, just look for it in places like "verifieds in a can" or so)

Bandwidth describes the compacity of connection speed. Higher bandwidth, more bits per second.
K-Lites bandwidth describes maximum bandwidth in kilobits to be used for transffering files to other K-Lite users

:ph34r: Sorry, but my location in classified :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

zedd
01-05-2004, 05:49 AM
ok i understood the bit about looking for more users, thats no problem, but the rest of it, eg, &#39;a way to download verified&#39;? and &#39;or you should get a hash....., can you explain that in thick peoples english for me please. the reason why i asked which country your from is because you reply to my stupid questions at extremely ungodly hours&#33;

Autumn Fox
01-05-2004, 07:05 PM
About verefying.
If many users have the same file it rises the chance that it&#39;s a, lets say, normal file and not a fake.

About hashes.
A hash contains information about a file. With this information an application like K-Sig will create a .dat file needed to start a new download without searching.
This new download is based upon verified information, thus a downloaded file will be legite.

zedd
01-06-2004, 12:16 AM
right, after all this my download speeds have finally gone up&#33; thanx. i would like to know how to print some of the information that you post, i clicked on the menu where it says download and view printable version, so when i am transferred to the new printable version screen there is nothing that i can click on to print what you have wrote? also when you reply to me you have a flag which i think is written in russian and says xp and some other info on it, what does that mean? also what does 56k powaa mean?

Autumn Fox
01-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by zedd@6 January 2004 - 00:16
right, after all this my download speeds have finally gone up&#33;

Great.

This russian isn&#39;t russian, it&#39;s greek.
Go to DanaSoft (http://www.danasoft.com/) page and you can get one.

56k powaa means 56 kilobytes power, 56 kilo modem. let&#39;s say it&#39;s a slogan.

Open this printable version (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=55&t=91313) and then in Internet Explorer File->Print.

zedd
01-06-2004, 02:05 AM
well autumn fox, this looks like the end of my questions for now, but i am certain there will be many more in the very near future. now, i dont know if this topic here of ours will remain open, so what do i do if i need to ask you something, do i look for you here, do you have an e-mail address or is it goodbye forever? :( :( :(

Autumn Fox
01-06-2004, 07:39 AM
To ask more questions you have to start a new topic. To do so, in a forum you&#39;ll have to click New Topic in lower right of your screen (it&#39;s under all of the posts)

zedd
01-06-2004, 07:02 PM
another question already :o what is cpu usage?

Autumn Fox
01-06-2004, 09:31 PM
It&#39;s the amount of how much an application is using the CPU. The higher CPU usage, the more processing power is required by an application. Percentage value.
In Windows XP (maybe others also, dunno) you can set how it works (all apps get tthe same amount of CPU time, or the apps used ATM get more processing power).

zedd
01-07-2004, 01:50 AM
i have read in this forum that the built in firewall in windows xp (my os) can reduce my download speeds, is this correct? if so what can i do to change that?

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 02:38 AM
First of all I must say that I have never made contact with English version of Windows XP, thus my answer is based upon your intelligence. In other words: A blind man leading a criple.

Now...

In Control Panel you have something that may be called "Internet Connections" or "Net Connections" (something that consists variety of Internet or Net and Connect words)
In there you&#39;ll have all of your connection devices/way to connect listed. Right-Click your primary connection and on the "Advanced" tab you&#39;ll have something like: Protect my computer and network, reducing or disallowing access to this computer via Internet. I think that it&#39;s the only option there so it shoulden&#39;t be a problem. Make sure that it&#39;s unmarked, that&#39;ll disable the firewall.

I hope that you understand :ph34r:

DVD PIRATE III
01-07-2004, 02:41 AM
XP&#39;s built in firewall is gay...it stops incoming traffic fine but it lets every thing out .Bill Gates designed it that way for one reason

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@7 January 2004 - 02:41
(...)Bill Gates designed it that way for one reason
Which is ???

zedd
01-07-2004, 02:48 AM
you are right about the instructions, after i posted my question i went looking for it and found it but was too scared to disable the function because i think its supposed to protect my pc from bad things. if i disable it what problems can i incur and are you able to get any more information about it ie. if the firewall is disabled download speeds increase. lastly you have stated, you have never made contact with an english version of xp, so i am now assuming you are not from uk, i mean of course u can have xp in non english in uk but i think the chances are slimmer than you being outside of uk. am i closing in on you yet? :rolleyes:

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 02:53 AM
About my location.
Earth: 510*10^6 sq km
UK (http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/uk.html): 244,820 sq km

Hell yea, you&#39;re closing on me. :P

If you disable it i don&#39;t think that you will incur any problems. Get yourself a good antivirus program with built-in firewall.

Originally posted by zedd@7 January 2004 - 02:48
(...)and are you able to get any more information about it ie.(...)
What do you mean ?

zedd
01-07-2004, 03:00 AM
you said it was like the blind leading a cripple, i thought you meant that you were not to sure if disabling the firewall will increase download speeds. i have disable my firewall but the speeds have not changed and if i get a new firewall installed that will probably do the same thing as the xp firewall- which is reduce download speed , that is if the firewall is really making a difference

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 03:06 AM
My knowladge about WinXP built-in MS firewall is based upon opinions of people of this here board.
To be honest, i&#39;ve used few firewalls and none of them had a big influence on my d/l or u/l speeds :D
However a good firewall from third party company will increse your system security and joint with a good antivirus program will increse safety.

DVD PIRATE III
01-07-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Autumn Fox+7 January 2004 - 15:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Autumn Fox @ 7 January 2004 - 15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DVD PIRATE III@7 January 2004 - 02:41
(...)Bill Gates designed it that way for one reason
Which is ??? [/b][/quote]
Thought that one was pretty obvious...
So it can phone home...like E.T did in the movie "The Extra terestrial"

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 03:20 AM
:o Now i get it. Shame on me :angry: :lol:

DVD PIRATE III
01-07-2004, 03:25 AM
Theres no shame on you mate...just Bill Gates and his lame firewall B)

zedd
01-07-2004, 03:37 AM
can somone explain to me what all that just meant, i mean what does the firewall do- phone home?

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 03:39 AM
Still...i remamber reading in Chip and PCWK something about it.

BTW #1. Does a modem/ISP connection has to be kept online by sending periodicaly small packages ? It&#39;s about thoes articles. Windows always exchanges info with an unknown server. (I might be wrong. I hope so anyway.)

BTW #2. How&#39;s it going with the BIOS(?) or, let&#39;s say, a "patch" for Win that has a built-in procedures that check all of your audio/video files and, if spots a file without somekind of authorization, it deletes it ?

DVD PIRATE III
01-07-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by zedd@7 January 2004 - 16:37
can somone explain to me what all that just meant, i mean what does the firewall do- phone home?
theres nothing wrong with winXp&#39;s built in firewall concerning inbound protection, but sadly its lacking in any outbound protection..Which means, say for instance , you downloaded a trojan(by mistake) and it wants to contact its creator with all your passwords and personal info, WinXP&#39;s firewall will let it cause its not designed to stop outgoing traffic

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by zedd@7 January 2004 - 03:37

Windows and anyother application designed to do so can communicate (without your knowladge, thus your approval) with an unknown server exchanging unknown information.

DVD PIRATE III
01-07-2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Autumn Fox@7 January 2004 - 16:39

BTW #1. Does a modem/ISP connection has to be kept online by sending periodicaly small packages ? It&#39;s about thoes articles. Windows always exchanges info with an unknown server. (I might be wrong. I hope so anyway.)

BTW #2. How&#39;s it going with the BIOS(?) or, let&#39;s say, a "patch" for Win that has a built-in procedures that check all of your audio/video files and, if spots a file without somekind of authorization, it deletes it ?
#1............I know your isp periodically sends ICMP requests to your computer all the time, they make up for half the traffic that your firewall logs, I know you can disable the Windows server thingy though

as for question #2.... i cant help ya there mate...lol

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 03:56 AM
Thanks for the info Pirate. *reading all info about ICMP in Windows help files*
Hmmm, if you want to do anything with this you have to enable the MS firewall :/ aww, who cares, two can work in the same time :D

Edit. (...) :&#39;(

zedd
01-07-2004, 05:10 AM
dear autumn fox, the conversation you had with pirate, does that concern me in any way? also im using the k/lite 2.4 version is this a good one?

Autumn Fox
01-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by zedd+7 January 2004 - 05:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zedd &#064; 7 January 2004 - 05:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> dear autumn fox, the conversation you had with pirate, does that concern me in any way?(...) [/b]

No, not realy. It&#39;s some technical stuff, but not realy high-fly ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-zedd@7 January 2004 - 05:10
(...)also im using the k/lite 2.4 version is this a good one? [/quote]
2.4 ? You mean 2.4.3, right ? Yes, it&#39;s a very good version considering everything.
Though, you can get other versions of K-Lite here: What is the Best Version ? Where To Download ? (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=89052) You can experiment with them if you want.

zedd
01-08-2004, 12:32 AM
yes you&#39;re right i have the 2.43 version. okay, when you told me to download that ad-adware 6.0, i did, and i do scans no and again and it finds items which are listed as &#39;tracking&#39; and with some other information listed against it, when i look at the details of these things the company name is microsoft corp, what is this all about?

Autumn Fox
01-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by zedd+8 January 2004 - 00:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zedd &#064; 8 January 2004 - 00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> (...)when you told me to download that ad-adware 6.0,(...) [/b]
I didn&#39;t, wormless did.

<!--QuoteBegin-zedd@8 January 2004 - 00:32
(...)i did, and i do scans no and again and it finds items which are listed as &#39;tracking&#39; and with some other information listed against it, when i look at the details of these things the company name is microsoft corp, what is this all about? [/quote]

Ad-Aware (http://www.lavasoft.de/default.shtml.en) scans your computer and afterwards removes cookie files that track, measure your movments in Internet. Mostly used for advertising. However, sometimes thoes files can be used to change your browser behaviour.
(change the default site [Home], reroute you to paid sites or even compromise your system security)