PDA

View Full Version : All This Talk About Emule

djweiser
01-02-2004, 02:45 PM
sorry to say but alot of people keep comparing emule to kazaa lite and basically emule sucks.

Emule = Have to pick a server, often cant connect
Emule = Always stuck trying to find a source

Kazaa Lite = Quite a few source problems
Kazaa Lite = Slow search times (compared to other p2p programs)
Kazaa Lite = Quite a few fakes

Piolot/Blubster etc = Fast search times
Piolot/Blubster etc = No fakes
Piolot/Blubster etc = Can 99% of the time find a fast source.
.................................only problem is you can only get music.

So in my book the leading p2p programs are:
1) Piolot/Blubster etc
2) Kazaa Lite (clean KMD whatever)
3).......9)
10) Emule

I know that will :angry: alot of people, but its my opinion and most of us will agree... ITS THE TRUTH!

sharedholder
01-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Replace eMule with Overnet Lite. ;)

djweiser
01-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder@2 January 2004 - 14:57
Replace eMule with Overnet Lite. ;)
never herd of overnet lite?

SeK612
01-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Emule = Have to pick a server, often cant connect
Emule = Always stuck trying to find a source

I don&#39;t have a problem connecting to a server <_<. I usually connect first or second time and thats with a firewall that tries as hard as it can to stop me.

You need to leave it for a bit. When you connect it takes time for you to connect across the network and find the sources. The time this takes decrease the more you use emule and once your connected to users you should be able to download at high speeds :)

yxuz
01-02-2004, 06:18 PM
I totally agree with you
emule sucks balls
you have to take the trouble to find a server to DL
thats just gay

KL rules forever

SeK612
01-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Double click on Adanet. Its nearly always full but emule will then go through the rest of the list connecting to servers with space. You can also remove and add servers so you can create a list of fast servers to make connection smoother and easier.

supernico
01-02-2004, 08:20 PM
agree, emule sucks&#33;

blubster rules indeed, but only for music
second yes kazaa

mogadishu
01-02-2004, 10:37 PM
emule might suck for someone who wants to download the lattest pop song.. but if you are looking for movies or anything rare, the emule/edonkey network kicks ass.
There are a number of clients you can try, I suggest some variation of Overnet, seems to be the fastest.

guit_steel
01-04-2004, 12:43 PM
At the risk of to sound like a snob, why even bother giving all the eMule/Overnet haters advice on connecting to network? If their impatience is any indication, I&#39;m willing to bet that the files they would contribute r sh*t so let them continue to pollute Kazaa and FT. I prefer quality of files to quantity of users.

DVD PIRATE III
01-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by guit_steel@5 January 2004 - 01:43
At the risk of to sound like a snob, why even bother giving all the eMule/Overnet haters advice on connecting to network? If their impatience is any indication, I&#39;m willing to bet that the files they would contribute r sh*t so let them continue to pollute Kazaa and FT. I prefer quality of files to quantity of users.
well put...
thatll put a wet towel on the die hard kazaa(home of false files)users

SOLIDSNAKEV1
01-05-2004, 12:23 AM
e-mule is a sack of useless crap&#33;
a lot of people on there only share fragmented parts of files half the time so ya cant always finish your downloads, not to menton the massive queues and how one minute a download is transferring and the next minute it just goes into queue place: 3564&#33;&#33; :angry:
...o and its slow as f*ck&#33; kazaa lite is much faster&#33; ...(most of the time&#33;)

bulio
01-05-2004, 12:39 AM
go for bittorrent&#33; fast speeds, no corruption&#33; :lol:

G2k1boy
01-05-2004, 02:19 AM
Yeah I was about to say the same thing, BT rules&#33;

digmen1
01-05-2004, 02:25 AM
Why does no one ever mention WinMx these days ? is it still going ?

and what about Morpheus ?

I hear that Bearshare is still going, that was the first one I ever used, way back before I started on Audio Galaxy, now there was a program &#33; (till the RIAA came along)

Digby

mooseman2070
01-05-2004, 02:51 AM
true about no corruption w/ BT, but i dont wanna turn this thread into another one of those BT kicks ass threads (

Switeck
01-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by digmen1@4 January 2004 - 21:25
and what about Morpheus ?

I hear that Bearshare is still going, that was the first one I ever used, way back before I started on Audio Galaxy, now there was a program &#33; (till the RIAA came along)
BearShare, Morpheus, Limewire, and Shareaza ALL connect to the Gnutella network.

As far as Gnutella clients are concerned, all but Morpheus are &#39;acceptable&#39; -- Morpheus fails due to absolutely stupid amounts of adware and spyware.

Shareaza also has the advantage of connecting to other networks as well...

fkdup74
01-05-2004, 08:13 AM
man, one of these days im gonna post a list of all the VERIFIED apps im gettin
from emule and some of you haters are gonna turn green :lol: :x :lol:

:)