PDA

View Full Version : Registry Tweaks+download Speed Limits

4year_pro_trader
02-20-2003, 04:02 PM
[FONT=Courier][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]

I've been looking and playing with the registry...but theres one thing I cant seem to tweak... basically when kazaa thinks u have a good enough download speed it stops searching for and allowing more sources,

i.e. I have a 576kb connection and when I have.... say a 65Kb/s source...... it seems to stop looking for sources ...WHY...WHY....WHY !!!!

P.S. I know I can get up 90kb/s so its not because I dont have any bandwidth left....??

Any help ????? please..Thanks

4year_pro_trader
02-20-2003, 04:07 PM
P.S I forgot to mention, I'm using win XP and K++ version .2.1.0

PersianBulldog
02-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Maybe there aren't any more sources available.. You can't force it to find more.. ;)

4year_pro_trader
02-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Well...erm...I did manage to find 87 sources with autosearch......and before I had the 65kb/s source, i was using 6 sources(aroung 5kb/s each)......so....any ideas,,,,,,,ANYONE ???

FlamingYob
02-20-2003, 04:36 PM
I'd just like to know how you get 90k/sec on 500+k ADSL, can you tell me, I get about 50 or 60 k on 512k ADSL.

vivitron 15
02-25-2003, 09:44 PM
OK, now i wonder whether or not there has been a 'b' 'B' error here...if you have a 512 K bit connection, you can download at 64ish k byte/sec, any more is usually just the meter playing up, i think..hopefully that could shed some light

Wolfmight
03-01-2003, 01:46 AM
I got 146kb/s on kazaa once, only once*. I normally get 100kb/s at max. I'm glad SBC just joined Yahoo and I noticed diffrence in speed. Yahoo servs got kick ass speed and help more users keep they're share.

jewishcow
03-10-2003, 04:52 AM
well can u tell me how 2 get 64k downloads speeds wiv a 512k adsl modem? all i get is 0.3k!!

Icey
03-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jewishcow@10 March 2003 - 05:52
well can u tell me how 2 get 64k downloads speeds wiv a 512k adsl modem? all i get is 0.3k!!
0.3!! damm, somthing must b seriouly wrong there

kilo
03-13-2003, 02:05 AM
i dont know what kbs i got but i have cable and my fastest d/l has been 320kbs if i d/l one movie at a time i usually run about 150-200kbs :D

ryanraab
03-13-2003, 02:51 AM
I have cable too and ussually get 100 to 200 sometimes i get 500. I think everybody should just get cable way better then dsl!

Pogu
03-13-2003, 03:57 AM
I have Dsl and usually have 150 Kb/s + when downloading popular files. The most I've ever got was 250 Kb/s steady for the entire download

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Getting back on topic:

Originally posted by By Me (Modified by The_Great_Dude)
Tip on Kazaa Lite Speed and PL:
PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads (only on normal kazaa 2.0.2 users, any lower versions of kazaa will show a PL of 0 to them. So it's a first come, first serve at that point.)
You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.
Make sure you setted up you're firewall to allow access for Kazaa Lite [K++]
Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like. (Programs that can do that are Adaware and Spybot)
Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow!
More sources usually = better speed
Use tools that came with K++, such as AutoSearchMore, Speeedup, Kazap to find more sources.
Try to control AutoSearchMore and let it rest awhile to avoid disconnection from KL.
You see yourself as K-Lite Master and other K++ users do to, only 2.02 kazaa users see you as Supreme Being. This does not affect anything in anyway. You can also customize it with tools such as resource hacker.
Try pausing and resuming the file.
Try jumping SuperNodes or restarting Kazaa Lite.
PATIENCE!
Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
and...
GOOD LUCK! :-)
Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.
A hypothesis by The_Great_Dude:
Also, I'm not sure but when the longer you have kazaa lite and not uninstall or reinstall, the speeds seem to be ok, since most of the old members here have no problems. Just a guess.
I said this because, in the beta testing day of k++ beta 1, I saw a post saying Random Nut said speed slowed down when he switched to normal kazaa from kazaa lite for testing purposes. When he went back, his speeds went back to normal. Also if my memory serves me right, backup your network settings, or something like that.

Good luck and hopefully you read ALL the above :rolleyes: