PDA

View Full Version : Torrentstorm Query

NoRemorse
01-03-2004, 03:37 AM
Just started using TorrentStorm 1.1 and was wondering if I set off one torrent, and left another couple in idle status, is there a way to make them start to download when previous torrent starts to seed (leaving the seeding torrent open of course)

Help appreciated.

DVD PIRATE III
01-03-2004, 04:42 AM
I know you can using "ABC" but Im not sure about "TorrentStorm"
sorry

Xero Grid
01-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Hmm.. I never tried that.
Why would you want to do that anyway? Is there a problem with just letting them all run? It shouldn't kill your bandwidth.

-- Xero Grid --

NoRemorse
01-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Depends on your bandwidth ;)

I have UK ADSL (512/256) and if I'm uploading 20-30 kB/s I get decent download rates, but if I shared the upload speed between 3 torrents for example, it would prob eventually even out to 10 kB/s or just be dead slow download for a couple of them. Either way, download rates wouldn't be as fast.

SciManAl
01-03-2004, 04:12 PM
hmm not sure but make sure you check the settings, there are some, but like stated earlier for more complex handling options i would have to opt for ABC... (i use it for maintaing uploads after using Shadows client to download...

Xero Grid
01-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by NoRemorse@3 January 2004 - 11:10
Depends on your bandwidth ;)

I have UK ADSL (512/256) and if I'm uploading 20-30 kB/s I get decent download rates, but if I shared the upload speed between 3 torrents for example, it would prob eventually even out to 10 kB/s or just be dead slow download for a couple of them. Either way, download rates wouldn't be as fast.
I see. Well, it's not neccasarily going to split the bandwidth amongst the downloads exactly. I know what you mean because I've seen this happen on my system, but I don't think that would occur with only three torrents. I try to keep my maximum torent to a minimum, but I've only noticed any diffreence at all when running like 5 torrents or more.

Sorry, but as far as I know, you can't set a domino effect like timer using torrentstorm.

-- Xero Grid --