PDA

View Full Version : Message Facility!

frenzbob
02-26-2003, 01:04 AM
First post and it's a moan, sorry! :angry:

Left on Kazaa-lite tonight for a few tracks and for others, on return had a message saying in a not overly pleasant way that they'd got a virus off me, did a full check on the files they reffered to, did full scan and it was utter bull! Have had one pleasant message and the rest have been moaning and digs, is this normal for kazaa users? Have never had this before, conversations, thanks etc but not just snidey comments and miserable gits!

Anyway rant over! Am closing the message facility but keeping my ports open! :( :huh:

The Great Dude
02-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Just ignore them, people on kazaa don't make good people to talk to and aren't very trustful.

namzuf9
02-26-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@26 February 2003 - 01:07
Just ignore them, people on kazaa don't make good people to talk to and aren't very trustful.
But we're all kazza users are'nt we?

The Great Dude
02-26-2003, 01:11 AM
Correction " We are Kazaa Lite users " or " k++ users " :)

namzuf9
02-26-2003, 01:17 AM
True k++ all the way. :D

gumbydancin
02-26-2003, 02:04 AM
I can't even remember the last time I even got a message from someone. Except people I know. Just ignore them.

Bender
02-26-2003, 02:08 AM
I once had this message from a Polish guy from Warsaw coming on to me, he wanted to meet me and all.
I was connected as 'Angelique' at that time so I guess I asked for it! :lol:

gumbydancin
02-26-2003, 02:12 AM
How could you do that to Skweeky? :D :P

geprobert
02-26-2003, 02:17 AM
I never got any messages until recently...

I got one from a user downloading Star Wars saying "salut" - bit short...

then I got one in German - can't remember what that said...

but the other day, when I was using my 56k connection on a different comp: I was setting up K-lite for the first time, hardly had any files in my shared folder... and I get this message from "defaultuser@kazaa" saying:

"your shared files are crap!!" - then, as I was draughting a witty reply, another message came from the same user saying:

"ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... " about 1000 times - literaly lines and lines of them. at this point, my witty reply turned into something altogether more foul and insulting... then I took a deep breath, rose above it all, pressed cancel and changed my options to ignore all messages!

so many people are just a**holes for no reason at all :(

summerlinda
02-26-2003, 10:05 AM
I guess they are frustrated in real life, and take it out on the internet because its so easy to insult some one, you cant hit them in the face, so for them, there is no risk to it.

J'Pol
02-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by geprobert@26 February 2003 - 03:17
I never got any messages until recently...

I got one from a user downloading Star Wars saying "salut" - bit short...

then I got one in German - can't remember what that said...

but the other day, when I was using my 56k connection on a different comp: I was setting up K-lite for the first time, hardly had any files in my shared folder... and I get this message from "defaultuser@kazaa" saying:

"your shared files are crap!!" - then, as I was draughting a witty reply, another message came from the same user saying:

"ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... " about 1000 times - literaly lines and lines of them. at this point, my witty reply turned into something altogether more foul and insulting... then I took a deep breath, rose above it all, pressed cancel and changed my options to ignore all messages!

so many people are just a**holes for no reason at all :(
I was just wondering. Are your shared files crap ? That would explain the message.

Cheers

JimF

PS Bender, love the sig. It's just as well I don't like kittens. At least I couldn't eat a whole one.

SideSwiped
02-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Never got a message at all, didn't know the damn thing even worked. lol But then again, many of my files could qualify as 'crap' lot of big band and opera, not so many hit songs.

J'Pol
02-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by SideSwiped@26 February 2003 - 14:11
Never got a message at all, didn't know the damn thing even worked. lol But then again, many of my files could qualify as 'crap' lot of big band and opera, not so many hit songs.
I like big band music. U2 etc. Oh sorry that type of Big Band, yes I like that too. Really I do.

However I have never heard a big band playing opera, sounds like crap to me. Literally and figuratively.

One man's meat etc.

SideSwiped
02-26-2003, 01:21 PM
@JimF

Okay bright boy, I shall clarify for you. hehe
Of the files I share, most of them are EITHER swing a.k.a big band OR opera. :P :lol:

J'Pol
02-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by SideSwiped@26 February 2003 - 14:21
@JimF

Okay bright boy, I shall clarify for you. hehe
Of the files I share, most of them are EITHER swing a.k.a big band OR opera. :P :lol:
Good Answer

Incidentally I think this may be the world's first Boolean Post. Clever using the EITHER OR condition.

I went to an opera once, can't remember what it was called, perhaps you can help. There was a big chap with a beard who sang with a deep voice. There was a fat lass who sang with a high voice. As I recall she was the last to sing. It lasted about 3 hours. Can you shed any light.