PDA

View Full Version : Blink Cd

Smith
01-03-2004, 11:24 PM
am i the only one that was greatly dissapointed with the newset blink 182 cd?

Jayhawk
01-04-2004, 12:45 AM
no you are not

Smith
01-04-2004, 03:19 AM
k good, i thought something was rong wit me

the_faceman
01-04-2004, 03:27 AM
i'm not a huge fan of blink
i initially disliked the album a lot, but listened to it a few times, and now i enjoy it.

i can understand why some people don't like it though.

swarnel
01-04-2004, 04:05 AM
I dont like it either, theyve turned into such pussies

opivykid
01-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Seriously people, how can you expect anything from them in the first place? Terrible band, the drummer is amazing, but bass is nothing short of pitiful and the guitar is nothing special. All Boxcar Racer, as a band, was an attempt to cash in on the emo fad ($$$$$), and all Take Off Your Pants And Jacket was, was what their label told them to right, and of course, like the poseurs that they are, they put it out. I have no respect for these idiots, except maye the drummer, for he is nuts.

masta.z
01-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by opivykid@4 January 2004 - 07:47
Seriously people, how can you expect anything from them in the first place? Terrible band, the drummer is amazing, but bass is nothing short of pitiful and the guitar is nothing special. All Boxcar Racer, as a band, was an attempt to cash in on the emo fad ($$$$$), and all Take Off Your Pants And Jacket was, was what their label told them to right, and of course, like the poseurs that they are, they put it out. I have no respect for these idiots, except maye the drummer, for he is nuts.
what makes them a terrible band? beacause you don't like them? i personally think they are a very good band, with their earlier stuff (dude ranch, cheshire cat, etc..) being better than the more recent "poppyer" stuff, except for their new albuim which i personally think is their best yet

Celerystalksme
01-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Meh i like it...just my opinion...wont waste my time with a reason why...cause its not worth it...dont wanna waste my time... :D

opivykid
01-05-2004, 03:14 AM
masta.z = I don't give a shit who the hell you are, when you sell out THAT fucking bad, you don't deserve respect from anyone. That makes them a terrible band. And trust me, its not just me that thinks this way. Just my opinion though....

Celerystalksme
01-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by opivykid@5 January 2004 - 13:14
masta.z = I don't give a shit who the hell you are, when you sell out THAT fucking bad, you don't deserve respect from anyone. That makes them a terrible band. And trust me, its not just me that thinks this way. Just my opinion though....
why do bitches have to open their mouth and make me say my opinion...OK opivykid...people change...and blink 182 have changed...i gave them a 2nd chance and liked their latest CD...and what is it with everyone saying every band has sold out because they got famous...why dont you just shut the fuck up and stop your whinging...i respect blink 182...i respect them because i grew up listening to them and unwritten law, pennywise, NoFX and all the rest while also being into 70's punk aswell...and are you a musician??...if you are why arent you out there making records instead of complaining about bands who've spent ages getting shit all money off record companies and then finally making money (off some might say a shit album) but 5 years ago they got shit all money off a good album...oh and if you arent a musician i suggest you just walk away from this argument with your tail between your legs...think before you type :)

Laters
Cely :music1:

asmithz
01-06-2004, 12:55 PM
I like Blink 182 now, but now it just seems as if they are just talking. ;) Kinda dumb.\

Look at the lyrics for violence, same dam thing over and over again

Violence Lyrics

Artist(Band):Blink-182
(Print the Lyrics)

6 bottles went down the drain,
one hours a waste of time,
I’d ask if you feel the same,
still pushing that chance to try,
your breath in this cool room chill,
long hair that blows side to side,
you speak and make time stand still,
and each time you walk right on by…

Like violence you have me, forever, and after
Like violence you kill me, forever and after.

Can’t count all the eyes that stare,
can’t count all the things they see,
she kills with no life to spare,
just victims are left to bleed,
one drink and the pain goes down,
soft shadows lay by her feet,
lay soft as you slowly drown,
lay still as you fall asleep. (Fall asleep)

(And after…and after…and after)

Like violence you kill me…forever, and after
Like violence you kill me…
Like voielnce you kill me
Like violence

opivykid
01-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Celerystalksme = Alrighty, here we go....

"what is it with everyone saying every band has sold out because they got famous"

Hmm, you'd think that someone said that, for you to write that... yet holy shit, noone did :frusty: ...

If you actually read my post, you'd see that I said they sold out because they made TOYPAJ because the LABEL told them to. The LABEL told them what kind of songs to write, and sadly enough, they wrote the cd for the LABEL, not the fans. They put the damned cd out for the fucking $$ you fool, and people from blink started "Boxcar Racer" for the $$. It doesn't matter how damn popular the band is, but it's when you make the music for the $$, and not for the fans, and not for your love of the music, thats when you sell out.

Oh and ya, I play bass, and have been of about 2 years. I also play in a 9 person Ska band, and i'll keep ya informed on any cd's / mp3's ;) .

And the tail is straight up B) .

sparsely
01-08-2004, 04:37 AM
sadder than the cd itself is, perhaps, the fact that you had hope of it not being crap.

Evil Fish
01-08-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by swarnel@4 January 2004 - 04:05
I dont like it either, theyve turned into such pussies
nope, they've pretty much always been pussies

opivykid
01-08-2004, 05:49 AM
Hahahaha right on Sparsely.

Celerystalksme
01-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by opivykid@8 January 2004 - 14:35
They put the damned cd out for the fucking $$ you fool, and people from blink started "Boxcar Racer" for the $$.

It doesn't matter how damn popular the band is, but it's when you make the music for the $$, and not for the fans, and not for your love of the music, thats when you sell out.
a few things...

Two members *Tom And Travis* started boxcar racer because they didnt like the direction Blink 182 was going into...and boxcar racer almost split up blink 182 because boxcar racer became succesful...and did u listen to the boxcar racer CD??...the lyrics were nothing like those of blink 182...*but thats what i read...u may of read something else*...oh and please tell me where you got your information about them doing what the label wanted them to do *i just wanna read that article...thats all*

Well you musn't like slipknot then...because another article i read *an interview with joey*...saying we dont make music for our fans...we make music for ourselves...Plus im sure other bands are just out there to make money (that you like) but are too proud of themselves to admit that...

oh and yeah keep me posted on any mp3's/CD's :P

might have to dock your tail or something...

oh and if you read through the pages upon pages of shit in musicworld you will find numerous posts about bands selling out *thats what i was talking about*

Laters
Cely :music1:

opivykid
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Well now, I don't want to be a dick and all, but seriously man, when you say "Two members *Tom And Travis* started boxcar racer because they didnt like the direction Blink 182 was going into", it's hard to take that seriously. Now if you'll notice, that band popped up RIGHT WHEN EMO WAS STARTING TO GET MASSIVE. I see the band as a chance to cash in on the quickly growing Emo trend, and nothing else.

Also, i'll search for that artical, and PM you it when I find it.

.....And ya, I really hate Slipknot, but because of the terrrible music, and the fact that they have about 675768657 people doing a 5 person job, which I find funny, and also pitiful.

Smith
01-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Agent Smith@6 January 2004 - 12:55
I like Blink 182 now, but now it just seems as if they are just talking. ;) Kinda dumb.\

Look at the lyrics for violence, same dam thing over and over again

Violence Lyrics

Artist(Band):Blink-182
(Print the Lyrics)

6 bottles went down the drain,
one hours a waste of time,
I’d ask if you feel the same,
still pushing that chance to try,
your breath in this cool room chill,
long hair that blows side to side,
you speak and make time stand still,
and each time you walk right on by…

Can’t count all the eyes that stare,
can’t count all the things they see,
she kills with no life to spare,
just victims are left to bleed,
one drink and the pain goes down,
soft shadows lay by her feet,
lay soft as you slowly drown,
lay still as you fall asleep. (Fall asleep)

(And after…and after…and after)

Like violence you kill me…forever, and after
Like violence you kill me…
Like voielnce you kill me
Like violence

thats exactly wut i thought

its 2 soft 4 me now, its softer than greenday.

asmithz
01-09-2004, 06:30 PM
They went from Punk to pop :(

;) Mabey they needed a album and couldn't think of anything else. :lol:

Smith
01-10-2004, 12:17 AM
yup, thatys probally it.

it wasnt all pop b4 either

Cloud.
01-10-2004, 07:22 AM
There first 2 albums were when they actually sound like Punk a good solid punk band that is then came the Enema Of the State Album with the dread mainstream song "
All the Small Things" got played f***king endlessly on radio every hour of the day

the latest album Ive only heard once I all I can say is how are they punk anymore

Afronaut
01-10-2004, 10:58 AM
I like their music, but i would never call it Punk, the guys are too cute/clean. :D
We call it Gollege-Pop around here, sounds like Soundtracks from the
American Pie series... ;)

I do like the music tho.

Cheers:
-GS-

durden_fc
01-11-2004, 03:28 AM
i feel that they are not really trying to get more fans with this album as they did with take off your pants and jacket. while it may not be more of pop punk i think that they wanted to go they way that they are feeling as the grow up. and as for the sellout thing i think that all bands that are played on tv are not nec. sellouts, but i saw they had blink 182 dolls now and clocks and that seems a little over the top. blink got me into punk with cheshire cat so i really can't complain that much. good guys as i see it even if they are lost somewhat.

opivykid
01-11-2004, 03:58 AM
Ya, a "punk" ( :lol: ) band that has their own dolls, should be shot.

x_gimpg
01-11-2004, 08:29 AM
I dont like blink because they are to simple and arnt all that talented to be as popular as they are. People seem to like that though now, cuz everything popular is rap/pop/punk just turn on MTV :lol: