PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have An Online "persona"

the_faceman
01-04-2004, 03:14 AM
reading a few recent topics gave me the idea for this one.

Do you think people see you differently on this forum for example, than your friends, family and associates in the real world do?

Do you consciously act different? Do you act different but only realise it when you stop to think about it?

Do you feel it gives you a fresh start, because no-one knows anything about your past etc? For example, you could have been the biggest geek in your school, yet online command respect and admiration from others. (whilst snorting at your own jokes at home)

It's not hard to figure out you can be totally different online to the person you are that roams the "real world". Sometimes this can be dangerous, with people gaining young children's trust for example. Other times it can be harmless, a bit of fun and escapism.

Personally, i don't think i am exactly the same on here as i am in real life, although i like to think that i am a relatively likeable character. i have no known enemies in my real life, and i don't believe i have any online. ***edit*** i should add that the only real changes to my real life personality i make when online are ones i consciously make as to not give away too much about myself. i like my relative anonyminity, and wish to keep it that way, hence no picture was put forth for funky's website. i'd have liked to, but didn't.

Another question i'll slip in - do you feel that the friendships formed online are as real and strong as they are in real life.

I feel that i genuinely like the people i talk to a lot, on soulseek for example, and even feel i know them to a small extent. but to consider them a real "friend" i'd have to drop the guard of anonyminity. For example, no-one knows my real name - and i think it would be crazy to call someone a friend if they didn't even know that. What is good for the goose is good for the gander so to speak, just as you can be virtually anyone you want to be online, the person you are talking to has the same freedom.

I do believe that you could have a real friend that you have never met in person, as long as everything was in the open. I know people's parents that have friends in the US and they talk via microphone and webcam etc, and they seem to have a real bond with those people.

Thoughts?

JONNO_CELEBS
01-04-2004, 03:20 AM
I'm me, this is how I am IRL :)

I front quite a lot as several people here could tell you, but if you saw/met me in a pub or public place I'm no different to how I am here :)

I crack jokes and constantly pick silly things out of what people say, if anything I'm calmer on here because I can't react as quick :rolleyes:

But this is me, Jonno is my real name and Jonno is really me :)

Jonno B)

Marius24
01-04-2004, 03:21 AM
I prefer the internet because people dont judge me on my appearance (not that theres anything wrong with it) but online people see me for who i am and not what i am :)

I dont act any different on the net then i do going out with my mates :)

the_faceman
01-04-2004, 03:22 AM
i am the_faceman, and this is really me, but i won't tell you TOO much about myself.

Sh1t_H4pp3nz
01-04-2004, 03:22 AM
i have the IQ of a Mr. Hannibal Lector.....expect i ate the liver with McDonalds French Fries :devil:

Marius24
01-04-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Sh1t_H4pp3nz@4 January 2004 - 02:22
i have the IQ of a Mr. Hannibal Lector.....expect i hate the liver with McDonalds French Fries :devil:
dude keep it up and u wont last until next week :angry:

UKMan
01-04-2004, 03:25 AM
As i chat with a few people from here they have begun to know who i am - its not that much different from my image here i guess. I have a webcam which i am beginning to use, which is great fun even if the connection can sometimes be eratic.

Being here for over a year now, its quite difficult to hide most aspects of your true self, they leak out in the end and people will have a fair idea of who you are anyways.

Ive probably only freaked out twice in the past year - its not my usual style and i think evryone appreciates that.

Peace
UKMan

JONNO_CELEBS
01-04-2004, 03:26 AM
Ignor the dork <_< He/she/IT probably has small genitals and no friends :lol:

Jonno B)

asmithz
01-04-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman@3 January 2004 - 19:14
Do you think people see you differently on this forum for example, than your friends, family and associates in the real world do?
Yeah, there no reason to judge on here.

Do you consciously act different? Do you act different but only realise it when you stop to think about it?

I don&#39;t think i do on here, mabey more cocky on here :P

Do you feel it gives you a fresh start, because no-one knows anything about your past etc? For example, you could have been the biggest geek in your school, yet online command respect and admiration from others. (whilst snorting at your own jokes at home)

Yeah, like i said for the first question. Theres no reason to judge anyone here. We all really come here to get along in the first place.

Another question i&#39;ll slip in - do you feel that the friendships formed online are as real and strong as they are in real life.

No not at all, in real life you can relie on your friend. While on here you really can&#39;t.

I feel that i genuinely like the people i talk to a lot, on soulseek for example, and even feel i know them to a small extent. but to consider them a real "friend" i&#39;d have to drop the guard of anonyminity. For example, no-one knows my real name - and i think it would be crazy to call someone a friend if they didn&#39;t even know that. What is good for the goose is good for the gander so to speak, just as you can be virtually anyone you want to be online, the person you are talking to has the same freedom.

I do believe that you could have a real friend that you have never met in person, as long as everything was in the open. I know people&#39;s parents that have friends in the US and they talk via microphone and webcam etc, and they seem to have a real bond with those people.

I don&#39;t tell people my reall name on the board, enless i talk to them alot. But only in PM&#39;s or instant messangers.

the_faceman
01-04-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@4 January 2004 - 02:26

Jonno B)
that&#39;s no way to talk about UKMan&#33;

j/k ;)

Thanks for your input, everyone but that Sh1t_H4pp3nz guy.

Sh1t_H4pp3nz
01-04-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@3 January 2004 - 21:26

Jonno B)
your very right :D

bigboab
01-04-2004, 03:30 AM
I dont know how to answer that, what&#39;s your name again. :lol: I would like to think that I am more or less the same person virtually as actually. Yes I have virtual friends, some much closer, virtually, than others. The ones that are closer, (they know who they are) I think if the situation arose, I would have no hesitation of releasing personal infomation if I thought that it would be of benefit to that virtual friend. Does that answer you question?

silent VI
01-04-2004, 03:31 AM
i will admit i try to act much less of an asshole and i try to be more proper in the forum but in real life im a real prick i swear i fight i treat people badly more or less because i have to and this is why i enjoy this forum so much i can "take my mask of"

Ella
01-04-2004, 03:31 AM
Nope...I am the same in real life. It is very hard to imitate being me. I think. :rolleyes:

UKMan
01-04-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman+4 January 2004 - 04:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_faceman @ 4 January 2004 - 04:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@4 January 2004 - 02:26
Ignor the dork <_<&nbsp; He/she/IT probably has small genitals and no friends :lol:

Jonno B)
that&#39;s no way to talk about UKMan&#33;

j/k ;)

Thanks for your input, everyone but that Sh1t_H4pp3nz guy. [/b][/quote]
:lol: Why is everyone picking on me these days? :lol:

Bit more:

Another question i&#39;ll slip in - do you feel that the friendships formed online are as real and strong as they are in real life.

If online you mean here, then thats difficult - as you dont really know the person, its hard to form a "real" friendship as in real life, but this a part of real life i guess, so there is a friendship thats built - in a virtual way. You start to like or disslike someone which is natural, usually based upon the posts they make. But when you chat to someone or even webcam them, then of course, i do believe its possible to form a much more meaningfull relationship. This has been proven and of course dissproven many times, but even in real life you make great judgemental errors.

No i dont think so - i try to be ME here as well as on chat.

Peace
UKMan

TheDave
01-04-2004, 03:42 AM
IRL i&#39;m the same attention whore you don&#39;t see before you now.

my real names dave, i do have fits of hyperactive stupidity that end up embarrassing me.

i reckon that if a real person saw this they would recognise me

i do make some effort to hide my identity for fun

i can be boring IRL too

and i&#39;m starting to wonder whether in a weeks time i will remember or even miss the great personalities with no faces

edit: oops - 46

J'Pol
01-04-2004, 03:43 AM
I am me, I don&#39;t do being anything else.

I have neither the time nor the inclination.

J'Pol
01-04-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by TheDave@4 January 2004 - 04:42

my real names dave, i do have fits of hyperactive stupidity that end up embarrassing me.

i can be boring IRL too

and i&#39;m starting to wonder whether in a weeks time i will remember or even miss the great personalities with no faces
So go now, make the break.

You know it makes sense.

the_faceman
01-04-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@4 January 2004 - 02:43

do u actively withold information you would consider too revealing about you real-life identity?

internet.news
01-04-2004, 03:48 AM
If anything more real here than IRL :)

:( Just realised how fucked up that is :(

J'Pol
01-04-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman+4 January 2004 - 04:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_faceman @ 4 January 2004 - 04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@4 January 2004 - 02:43

do u actively withold information you would consider too revealing about you real-life identity? [/b][/quote]
The question makes no sense.

You can&#39;t actively not do something.

the_faceman
01-04-2004, 03:56 AM
lol true. to rephrase for the pedantic.

Do you protect your real identity with vigour? Does the anonyminity that you have mean a lot to you?

i just realised - you can actively withold something, by taking the neccessary steps to avoid it&#39;s release. that was the reason the question was worded that way.

J'Pol
01-04-2004, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman@4 January 2004 - 04:56
lol true. to rephrase for the pedantic.

Do you protect your real identity with vigour? Does the anonyminity that you have mean a lot to you?
No

infamousalbo101
01-04-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman@3 January 2004 - 23:14

Personally, i don&#39;t think i am exactly the same on here as i am in real life, although i like to think that i am a relatively likeable character. i have no known enemies in my real life, and i don&#39;t believe i have any online. ***edit*** i should add that the only real changes to my real life personality i make when online are ones i consciously make as to not give away too much about myself. i like my relative anonyminity, and wish to keep it that way, hence no picture was put forth for funky&#39;s website. i&#39;d have liked to, but didn&#39;t.

Thoughts?
i have no known enemies in my real life,and i don&#39;t believe i have any online.

:lol: :lol: :P :lol:

the_faceman
01-04-2004, 04:00 AM
thank you for your reply. i should have used &#39;consciously&#39; instead of &#39;actively&#39;. I would then have avoided the first occasion when one of my posts came under your scrutiny. A pleasant and neccessary experience if there ever was one.

the_faceman
01-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by infamousalbo101@4 January 2004 - 02:59
:lol: :lol: :P :lol:
i don&#39;t hold you in as high regard as i would an enemy - you are just an immature waste of space.

denied.

TheDave
01-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 January 2004 - 03:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 4 January 2004 - 03:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@4 January 2004 - 04:42

i can be boring IRL too

So go now, make the break.

You know it makes sense. [/b][/quote]
it doesnt make sense :blink:

i&#39;m regreting it already but i know its the only way.

being inside all day is not good for my skin (specially at 17 if you know what i mean ;) (too much info :rolleyes: ))

i would do compromise but i&#39;m not good at that. cold turkeys the way for me.

this isn&#39;t just a promise to the forum but a promise to myself. a test if you like. so i&#39;m gonna enjoy spending these last posts as much as i can :D

infamousalbo101
01-04-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman+4 January 2004 - 00:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_faceman @ 4 January 2004 - 00:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-infamousalbo101@4 January 2004 - 02:59
:lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :P&nbsp; :lol:
i don&#39;t hold you in as high regard as i would an enemy - you are just an immature waste of space.

denied. [/b][/quote]
:lips: You still have&#39;nt gave me my kiss

Ever heard of the edit button?

NikkiD
01-04-2004, 04:34 AM
To the first part of your question, my answer is both yes, and no.

For the most part, I have the same personality which I portray on this forum.

But, I also do not reveal everything about myself to anyone online, with the exception of a few people that I have become close to.

To the second part of your question, yes, I think it&#39;s entirely possible to develop friendships with people you speak to online, and that those friendships are just as strong as those in your real life. Mind you, the people I have become close to online, I have also spoken to over the phone, or voice conference, or webcam, or even met in person.

infamousalbo101
01-04-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD@4 January 2004 - 00:34
To the first part of your question, my answer is both yes, and no.

For the most part, I have the same personality which I portray on this forum.

But, I also do not reveal everything about myself to anyone online, with the exception of a few people that I have become close to.

To the second part of your question, yes, I think it&#39;s entirely possible to develop friendships with people you speak to online, and that those friendships are just as strong as those in your real life. Mind you, the people I have become close to online, I have also spoken to over the phone, or voice conference, or webcam, or even met in person.
<_< nobody asked you <_<

:P

NikkiD
01-04-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by infamousalbo101@3 January 2004 - 23:36
<_< nobody asked you <_<

Or you... <_<

Evil Gemini
01-04-2004, 04:48 AM
I have the same personality online and IRL.

I dont see the point having two personalities, it makes it difficult.

Their are some people here that think that they are tuff so they talk shit online like Monkeee.

I liked him and thought he was OK guy but after calling me a dumbass and a moron here (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=91487&st=15), i know that he is just a little kid and he would never talk like that to someone IRL.

I am talking to everyone here as i would IRL.

infamousalbo101
01-04-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by NikkiD+4 January 2004 - 00:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 4 January 2004 - 00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-infamousalbo101@3 January 2004 - 23:36
<_< nobody asked you&nbsp; <_<

Or you... <_< [/b][/quote]
:lips:

cowswithguns
01-04-2004, 04:53 AM
I am basically the same online as I am IRL except a little less shy. I would find it extremely hard to keep up some sort of &#39;persona&#39;.

The friends I have made online are similar to my friends offline but with these people I have been honest and have met some of them, so they have ceased to become just online friends.

titey
01-04-2004, 05:03 AM
:unsure: I only have one personality here, but many IRL.The doctors don&#39;t seem to be able to do anyfing about it yet. http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/crazyeyes.gif

infamousalbo101
01-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by titey@4 January 2004 - 01:03
:unsure: I only have one personality here, but many IRL.The doctors don&#39;t seem to be able to do anyfing about it yet. http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/crazyeyes.gif
:(

ivy
01-04-2004, 06:04 AM
im almost exactly the same as i am online as in RL. the only exception is that im more open to people ive just met. im a bit shy in person and have a tendency to be quite when i meet new people. online, im very willing to introduce myself and find out more about other people. that would really be the only difference.

and as to making friends online... i have a few ive known for several years. ive talked to them on the phone, used my webcam, voice chat and have even driven a few hours to hang out with them. i see nothing wrong with it. i spend a lot of time on the computer and it makes sense to develop friendships here. i know im relatively new to almost all of you, but i look forward to developing similar friendships, if possible. i know its a bit cheesy, but i dont get out much to meet and befriend complete strangers. online is a nice venue for it and so far has worked great for me. :)

bujub22
01-04-2004, 06:06 AM
????? dont know

internet.news
01-04-2004, 06:09 AM
I&#39;m a lot drunker online (IRL) thoug in IRL it&#39;s a secrert OJK cos I&#39;sm ateacher adn shiot so Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

Adster
01-04-2004, 06:15 AM
I&#39;m Completely different in real life it seems to me that stuff I want to say is harder to say it in words rather then voice if you know what I mean so i take the easy way out.

titey
01-04-2004, 06:17 AM
:o I thought you left (again).

Adster
01-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by titey@4 January 2004 - 16:17
:o I thought you left (again).
sorry your disappointed

I&#39;m t not back just lurking this Sunday is boring

internet.news
01-04-2004, 06:33 AM
yes asnd he;&#39;s h ere rifght now _ RIFH TNOW

Adster
01-04-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam@4 January 2004 - 16:33
Yes and he&#39;s here right now..........

internet.news
01-04-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Adster+4 January 2004 - 05:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster @ 4 January 2004 - 05:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-samsamsamsam@4 January 2004 - 16:33
Yes and he&#39;s here right now.......... [/b][/quote]
thadt dayd uyeah

hobbes
01-04-2004, 07:35 AM
IRL, I much more faceted than I am here. Musically, I will listen to "Moonlight Sonata", "Big Pimpin", "Pillar of Davidson" or "Lukembach Texas".

I fit into no natural slot, I am an interloper.

IRL, I am the kind of son any mother would be proud of.

As for those I work with, like here, I am an acquired taste. Some just don&#39;t get me, but I don&#39;t alter myself to please idiots.

The synposis is that I appear callous and cynical, but for those who know me long enough and sift through it all, I am really a nice guy who stands by his friends.

J'Pol
01-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@4 January 2004 - 08:35
IRL, I much more faceted than I am here. Musically, I will listen to "Moonlight Sonata", "Big Pimpin", "Pillar of Davidson" or "Lukembach Texas".

As for those I work with, like here, I am an acquired taste. Some just don&#39;t get me, but I don&#39;t alter myself to please idiots.

The synposis is that I appear callous and cynical, but for those who know me long enough and sift through it all, I am really a nice guy who stands by his friends.
nob

Pete Waterman
01-04-2004, 09:25 PM
i am basically who i am in real life. i can be more and at the same time less hurtful to people on this than in real life. if i really take a dislike to someone on this i can be quite nasty, whereas i wouldn&#39;t in real life. also you get a lot longer time to think of replies to questions on this than in real life which means the just blurt out method of communication shouldn&#39;t apply on this forum.

edit:/ shit i just realised i posted as my online persona.

hobbes
01-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 January 2004 - 21:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 4 January 2004 - 21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@4 January 2004 - 08:35
IRL, I much more faceted than I am here.&nbsp; Musically, I will listen to "Moonlight Sonata", "Big Pimpin", "Pillar of Davidson" or "Lukembach Texas".

As for those I work with, like here, I am an acquired taste.&nbsp; Some just don&#39;t get me, but I don&#39;t alter myself to please idiots.

nob [/b][/quote]
Cornholer&#33;

J'Pol
01-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+5 January 2004 - 00:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 5 January 2004 - 00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@4 January 2004 - 21:33
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@4 January 2004 - 08:35

nob
Cornholer&#33; [/b][/quote]
tit

hobbes
01-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+5 January 2004 - 00:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 5 January 2004 - 00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hobbes@5 January 2004 - 00:08

nob
Cornholer&#33;
tit [/b][/quote]
Cross-dressing poof

J'Pol
01-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+5 January 2004 - 01:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 5 January 2004 - 01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@5 January 2004 - 00:11

Originally posted by hobbes@5 January 2004 - 00:08

nob
Cornholer&#33;
tit
Cross-dressing poof [/b][/quote]
cork sucker

hobbes
01-05-2004, 12:26 AM
bar steward

J'Pol
01-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@5 January 2004 - 01:26
bar steward
ice hole

hobbes
01-05-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+5 January 2004 - 01:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 5 January 2004 - 01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@5 January 2004 - 01:26
bar steward
ice hole [/b][/quote]
Well, at least we kept this civil, you butt pirate.

J'Pol
01-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+5 January 2004 - 01:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 5 January 2004 - 01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@5 January 2004 - 01:26
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@5 January 2004 - 01:26
bar steward
ice hole
Well, at least we kept this civil, you butt pirate. [/b][/quote]
fudge packer

Lamsey
01-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 January 2004 - 23:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 4 January 2004 - 23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hobbes@5 January 2004 - 01:30

Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@5 January 2004 - 01:26
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@5 January 2004 - 01:26
bar steward
ice hole
Well, at least we kept this civil, you butt pirate.
fudge packer [/b][/quote]
jobby jabber

J'Pol
01-05-2004, 12:34 AM
No spam please.

hobbes
01-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Now, let&#39;s not gang up on poor "gay ball"

JONNO_CELEBS
01-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Uphill gardener :blink:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
01-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@5 January 2004 - 01:34
Now, let&#39;s not gang up on poor "gay ball"
Who, Clark :blink:

hobbes
01-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Lamsey, that corksucker locked my incredibly important pinned thread.

J'Pol
01-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@5 January 2004 - 01:38
Lamsey, that corksucker locked my incredibly important pinned thread.
He should have been busy, keeping up with his uphill gardening activity.

JONNO_CELEBS
01-05-2004, 12:41 AM
So whats it like to suck a cork?...........Are they better wet or dry and cracked? :unsure:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
01-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@5 January 2004 - 01:41
So whats it like to suck a cork?...........Are they better wet or dry and cracked? :unsure:

Jonno B)
I prefer them just a wee bit moist and still fresh.

I always smell them first, just to make sure.

Lamsey
01-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@4 January 2004 - 23:41

Jonno B)
Should I answer that? Should I?

No.

Some things are just too much of a gift :ph34r:

JONNO_CELEBS
01-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Really............and tell me JP, are you capable of reinserting said cork into a champagne bottle? :lol:

Jonno B)

Edit: Go on Lamsey, I handed it to you on a plate, the least you could do is enjoy it :rolleyes:

J'Pol
01-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@5 January 2004 - 01:47
Really............and tell me JP, are you capable of reinserting said cork into a champagne bottle? :lol:

Jonno B)
With champers I always make a slit in the cork and insert a piece of silver.

It&#39;s just my way.

JONNO_CELEBS
01-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@5 January 2004 - 00:48

It&#39;s just my way.
:blink: And that serves what purpose? :blink:

Jonno B)

Lamsey
01-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 January 2004 - 23:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 4 January 2004 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@5 January 2004 - 01:47

Jonno B)

It&#39;s just my way. [/b][/quote]
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/headhurts.gif

the_faceman
01-05-2004, 01:40 AM
i had been away for a bit, and saw this was up to 69 posts. i thought maybe some people had added their views.

still, at least someone managed to get the phrase "jobby jabber" into the thread, a classic indeed, although painful for those unfortunate to be the recipient of the action the phrase describes. ah, school days.

TheDave
01-05-2004, 01:41 AM
our version was baba stabber. a teacher called me that once, in primary school :o

JONNO_CELEBS
01-05-2004, 01:49 AM
As young kids (6y/o up) we used to call people "Poo Jabber" not knowing what we were saying :lol:

Jonno B)

TheDave
01-05-2004, 01:52 AM
sausage jockey

bigboab
01-05-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by TheDave@5 January 2004 - 01:52
sausage jockey

:unsure:

TheDave
01-05-2004, 01:59 AM
arse bandit :P