PDA

View Full Version : People Having Trouble Uploading From Me

bddave
02-26-2003, 08:54 AM
Hi I noticed that i can download at decent speeds but when other user's are uploading the speed is always a 0.00 and I'm not sure why. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

summerlinda
02-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Do you have the settings right?
K-lite Options --> Advanced --> Maximum bandwidth ....... --> should be set to 'unlimited' (or at least some bandwidth)

SideSwiped
02-26-2003, 01:19 PM
If the problem isn't in your settings maybe the problem is with your ISP or the other person's. I get some that remain at zero or sometimes they'll hang up at 1.07. Usually, this happens to me after being connected for a few days and I need to d/c and turn off the cable router, other times a simple renewal of the ip will do the trick.

Fatal Error
02-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by summerlinda@26 February 2003 - 04:48
Do you have the settings right?
K-lite Options --> Advanced --> Maximum bandwidth ....... --> should be set to 'unlimited' (or at least some bandwidth)
I have the same problem.. I'm running 2.10 on broadband, I have checked my settings..all to no avail,even after a disconnect and a fresh boot. I have very good download speeds (I've hit 160k w/13 users) the uploads are another story.. a user can come on real strong..and then their speeds bomb out real quickly, to the point where I can go back to my traffic tab and find that most of the uploads are not loading at all, or they have aborted. I'm not using a router,nor am I behind a firewall. I find this rather disturbing, as I have alot of movies in my shares, and I'm beginning to question the wisdom of adding additional files if most people cant access them. It could be them..it may not be, but I have yet to get to the bottom of this. My computer is also used as a Supernode.

SideSwiped
02-26-2003, 02:23 PM
I really think it's in the ISPs I can upload to some ppl at between 13 and 18 kBs and others, no go, they just seem to be stuck. I've watched my firewall logs to see what was happening, just sort of weird. And I think the ppl abort because they are hung up, or perhaps there is a lag in the notification of aborted uploads. Who knows? I'm not going to beat my head against the wall worrying about it as long as the majority can d/l from me without issues.

Fatal Error
02-26-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by SideSwiped@26 February 2003 - 09:23
  I'm not going to beat my head against the wall worrying about it as long as the majority can d/l from me without issues.
Thats exactly my problem.. the Majority are not downloading from me without issues.. even on relatively small .mp3's. You may be correct,it could be in the IP's .. I just can't seem to get a handle on this.

alvinpokey
02-27-2003, 03:46 AM
I have the same problem....uploads usually start at about 15k and then taper off to 0.00 within about 30 seconds. I have a fast computer and all the kazaa settings are right , I think (unlimited).I've tried my firewall on and off but nothing seems to work. I don't know enough about computers yet to start playing with lan settings or other system settings.I've downloaded lots from other people and wouldn't mind sharing my music collection with others (about 9 Gig.). I hope someone can come up with a solution for this....it's driving me nuts!!!!!

Fatal Error
02-27-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by alvinpokey@26 February 2003 - 22:46
I have the same problem....uploads usually start at about 15k and then taper off to 0.00 within about 30 seconds. I have a fast computer and all the kazaa settings are right , I think (unlimited).I've tried my firewall on and off but nothing seems to work. I don't know enough about computers yet to start playing with lan settings or other system settings.I've downloaded lots from other people and wouldn't mind sharing my music collection with others (about 9 Gig.). I hope someone can come up with a solution for this....it's driving me nuts!!!!!
I still havent figured it out Alvin.. all I know is that its damn disturbing. In the past 1 1/2 hrs... I have 64 aborted uploads! Alot of these are .jpg files in the 150-200kb range and .mp3 files in the 5-6Mb range... forget about my video clips.. I have never seen 1 of those complete. :angry:

alvinpokey
02-27-2003, 05:22 AM
I know a guy at work who takes care of all the computers...I'm going to get him to come up with some kind of solution for this. He has helped me out with other computer stuff...I'm pretty sure he will have a way to fix us up somehow. When I get a solution, I will post it here for everybody.