PDA

View Full Version : Rar Splitting Software: I Have One Big Rar

slick nick
01-04-2004, 11:00 PM
i have a 1.08 gb rar file that unfortunately has a corrupt rar in it. this means i can't unrar the whole thing. luckily i do have a copy of the corrupt rar which isn't corrupt from another b i tried to download the same pack off. my problem is unraring this pack so i can get all the rars nd simply put in this good one to fix my problem and see the film i got. any idea on what program i can use to do this? i tired a google search but to no avail.

DWk
01-05-2004, 05:28 AM
http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=90301

:D

I.am
01-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by DWk@5 January 2004 - 00:28

:lol: see even the topics being on the first page doesnt catch people's eyes. no use bumping :lol:

DWk
01-05-2004, 05:34 AM
its all good :rolleyes:

twas in the second page cuz i wasnt here for a day and a half :o :D

slick nick
01-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by I.am+5 January 2004 - 06:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am @ 5 January 2004 - 06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@5 January 2004 - 00:28

:lol: see even the topics being on the first page doesnt catch people&#39;s eyes. no use bumping :lol: [/b][/quote]
thanks for the replies but that has nothing to do with my problem. i know how to open rars and even double clicking the part.01 rar wouldn&#39;t have mattered because when i did add the part.03 rar that was in another folder to replace the corrupted one in my big rar it kept asking me for the part.04, then part.05, etc. since i could never unrar the original i&#39;d get the diagnostic error and mit would close. i managed to remedy the situation by using the repair option in winwar which created a rebuilt rar file which allowed me to extract all rars expect the corrupt one which allowed me to copy n paste the good one i had from a previous download allowing me to get the mpg.

gildan2020
01-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by slick nick+5 January 2004 - 15:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slick nick &#064; 5 January 2004 - 15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by I.am@5 January 2004 - 06:33
<!--QuoteBegin-DWk@5 January 2004 - 00:28

:lol: see even the topics being on the first page doesnt catch people&#39;s eyes. no use bumping :lol:
thanks for the replies but that has nothing to do with my problem. i know how to open rars and even double clicking the part.01 rar wouldn&#39;t have mattered because when i did add the part.03 rar that was in another folder to replace the corrupted one in my big rar it kept asking me for the part.04, then part.05, etc. since i could never unrar the original i&#39;d get the diagnostic error and mit would close. i managed to remedy the situation by using the repair option in winwar which created a rebuilt rar file which allowed me to extract all rars expect the corrupt one which allowed me to copy n paste the good one i had from a previous download allowing me to get the mpg.[/b][/quote]
hi, that pin not only teaches u how to open it
downloading from the same source again won&#39;t help, bcos it&#39;s not the transfer that causes the corruption. the corruption most likely come when it was packed together before distributed for transfer.

it teaches u how to get rar parts from somewhere else
currently, the solution on the pin is the most promising, after all, ur rar file is split into many parts, which is somewhat similar to the scenario stated in the pin :)

gildan2020

slick nick
01-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by gildan2020@5 January 2004 - 11:09
hi, that pin not only teaches u how to open it
downloading from the same source again won&#39;t help, bcos it&#39;s not the transfer that causes the corruption. the corruption most likely come when it was packed together before distributed for transfer.

it teaches u how to get rar parts from somewhere else
currently, the solution on the pin is the most promising, after all, ur rar file is split into many parts, which is somewhat similar to the scenario stated in the pin :)

gildan2020
"OK, so you downloaded a game or a movie and all you got are a bunch of files with any of the extensions above? Here&#39;s what you have to do:

1. Goto RarLabs or RarSoft and grab WinRAR, a file-compressing utility. If you&#39;ve heard of WinZip, this is practically the same but with better compression ratio and a different format (RAR).

2. Install WinRAR with SHELL support

3. Right click the first file you have in the folder (either if its a .rar, a .r01, or a .001) and click "Extract to <name-of-the-file>&#092;". If .001 files dont have this option in its right-click menu, double-click the file and then "Select a program from a list". If WinRAR isnt on that list already, click browse and go to C:&#092;Program Files&#092;WinRAR (or wherever you installed it) and select WinRAR. After that, Extract the files to a new folder.

4. After this, the new folder would hold either the bin/cue or the iso or the movies. If its a bin/cue or iso, you should burn it with Nero or mount it with Alcohol 120%/Daemon Tools. Check the pinned topics for that.

NOTE: If you want to check the integrity of all the downloaded files, and with the bunch of files there is a .sfv file, grab yourself QuickSFV, a utility that helps you check that every file you downloaded isn&#39;t corrupt."

where does it cover my issue? because the third rar was corrupt it wouldn&#39;t unpack the entire rar. it would give me an error 98% into the third rar. there was no way to open asides repairing it. i read that thoroughly and it doesn&#39;t address my issue. unless using quicksfv would have allowed me to extract the rars, none of that relates to a corrupt rar causing a large rar to be unrarable. the goos rar i had of the corupt one came from a different bot in a different channel which is why it wasn&#39;t messed up.

DWk
01-05-2004, 10:12 PM
you just replace the corrupt rar with the one you downloaded and u try again with my guide.... isnt that simple?

the_painter
01-06-2004, 12:07 AM
To Slick Nick.
I double clicked on a iso file yesterday and it said this cant be opened would you like to search the web for info (as it does) so I said yes and it went to the microsoft site and directed me to a site with a free download of a program called "isobuster" which works very similar to winrar ,it shows you the contents of the iso and extracts them to a file for you .
Just thought Id mention it.

slick nick
01-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by DWk@5 January 2004 - 23:12
you just replace the corrupt rar with the one you downloaded and u try again with my guide.... isnt that simple?
lmao&#33; dude i already know how to open rars. you link has nothing to do with my problem. that&#39;s something for someone who has no clue on opening rars not someone with a corrupt rar looking to find a way to get the rars out. omg i&#39;m dying of laughter over here. :lol: Christ i feel like i&#39;m in a twilight zone episode with people telling me stuff that doesn&#39;t make any sense :blink: you guys got me weirded out. :smilie4:

DWk
01-06-2004, 03:06 AM
dude... we are trying to help here.... if you dont want the help...just say so ill stop helping...

however you havent quite explained ur problem CONCISELY....

please be more efficient when typing out your question if you want a CONCISE help...

thx

gildan2020
01-06-2004, 04:43 AM
slick nick, plz go to this site...
http://www.incomplete.me.uk/
it&#39;s a website about irc channels dedicated to replacing faulty/corrupted rar parts (yes, the corrupted kind just like ur 3rd rar file)

hope this is useful

gildan2020

slick nick
01-06-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by slick nick@5 January 2004 - 00:00
i have a 1.08 gb rar file that unfortunately has a corrupt rar in it. this means i can&#39;t unrar the whole thing. luckily i do have a copy of the corrupt rar which isn&#39;t corrupt from another b i tried to download the same pack off. my problem is unraring this pack so i can get all the rars nd simply put in this good one to fix my problem and see the film i got. any idea on what program i can use to do this? i tired a google search but to no avail.
i said i had a corrupt rar and needed a program to open it since winrar wouldn&#39;t. that means i know how to open them but need another program because a file is corrupt. you guys give me a link to a unreleated thread then try to insist on it&#39;s relevancy and then try to claim my question wasn&#39;t concise? how much more concise is "i have a corrupt rar file and need a program to open it because it only unrars a few rars and then gives me an error"? if a question is not "concise" why not ask what the person is trying to say anfd then give advice rather than link them to something irrelevant to there issue. i welcome help, but really help and read questions thoroughly.

"i have a 1.08 gb rar file that unfortunately has a corrupt rar in it. this means i can&#39;t unrar the whole thing."

this says it all. i tried to unrar it and found out because of a corrupt rar i couldn&#39;t unrar the whole thing. this says i know how to unrar a rar file. the title of the thread is "i have a big rar what can i use to split it". split it, not open it or unrar it, and if the title gave the impression of me not knowing how to open a rar file, the first sentence should have said otherwise. it says the file is corrupt and unrarable. the next sentence says "luckily i have a copy of the corrupt rar from another pack i got off another bot". wouldn&#39;t that intimate i tried to unrar it and it stopped when i reached the corrupt rar file in it, which i already had a copy of from another pack? if i have a copy of the corupt rar from the same pack gotten off another bot wouldn&#39;t that mean i unrared the pack to get that rar out in the first place? Like i said i appreciate help but read the thread and title thoroughly before you respond or otherwise you&#39;ll be giving out useless info. if it aint "concise" enough for you ask before you try to help.

slick nick
01-06-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by gildan2020@6 January 2004 - 05:43
slick nick, plz go to this site...
http://www.incomplete.me.uk/
it&#39;s a website about irc channels dedicated to replacing faulty/corrupted rar parts (yes, the corrupted kind just like ur 3rd rar file)

hope this is useful

gildan2020
thanks i know about that site. i wouldn&#39;t bother with all that though.

DWk
01-06-2004, 03:26 PM
ok fine.... heres the deal SLICK NICK.... you cant open that 3rd file.....why? because its part of the other rar files....its that simple. Its a link in the chain, and you need the whole chain to make it work

gildan2020
01-06-2004, 05:34 PM
ok, i&#39;m just trying to help, dun be angry at me

i&#39;m gonna tell ur story from my point of view, lemme know where i&#39;m wrong

1) u downloaded a prog...which is 1.08gb size
2) u found out that this prog is split into a few rar files, right
3) u know that the first rar part has the extension .rar and the subsequent rar part is .r01, .r02 and so on

4) in order to reconstruct the prog...u need to use an archiver...winrar, winzip, watever, right?

5) u found out that the 3rd rar part is corrupted, am i going fine here?
6) u know that it is a chain of rars...if one fails all fails
7) so, ur here to ask how to repair this rar part right?

now, if i&#39;m right all along, i&#39;m gonna ask two questions:
1) did u get this prog from an IRC channel?
2) why didn&#39;t bother with that website i posted?

u must understand, none of us here have access to ur computer, so all we can do is visualise da scenario and propose our solution

gildan2020

ps: i must stress the word part to avoid further confusion

slick nick
01-06-2004, 06:03 PM
you cant open that 3rd file.....why? because its part of the other rar files....its that simple. Its a link in the chain, and you need the whole chain to make it work"

*sighs*. dude i said open the big 1.08gb rar the whole time. not the corrupt third rar. where did i say i wanted to open the third corrupt rar? i said i wanted a program that would allow me to split the rar(which i had all along called hjsplit), then some how add the uncorrupt rar to it(which i achieved by by creating a single rar file out of the incomplete packs rars, hjspliting it and and then replacing the corruptted rar in the completed pack with the good one. after which i recombined all these split files into a single rar. i still got the same part.03 corrupted error though <_< ). anyway THAT&#39;S what i wanted to do. give it up. you&#39;re still telling me useless shit unrelated to what i&#39;m talking about. i realise i couldn&#39;t be opened using winrar and thus asked for splitting software. it&#39;s that simple. seems like info on all the other rars is in the 001 which thus caused my experiments failure. when i decied to put in rar 1-4 from the incomplete pack into the recombined rar, it only unpacked those rars 4 rars. fuck this. life&#39;s too short to waste time and energy arguing over petty shit. thanks for the help i i apologize for all insults said even in this post. :lol:

slick nick
01-06-2004, 06:14 PM
"4) in order to reconstruct the prog...u need to use an archiver...winrar, winzip, watever, right?"

nope. this is not what i wanted to do and an archiver was not necessary. i asked for a program to split the rar into the same parts sized parts, so i could put in the uncorrupted rar, reconvert it to a rar file and then use an archiver.

"7) so, ur here to ask how to repair this rar part right?"

nope. i asked for a program to split the rar not repair a corrupted rar.

I wasn&#39;t going to bother with that site sense i already had a good version of the corrupted rar. thanks for the attempt to help but i&#39;ve already remedied the problem.

zlatan24
09-04-2010, 03:18 PM
For me rar files are very important. Once I lost all of them and was really disappeared. I used a search engine, I was lucky and found an one tool, which relieved me and probably can help in other situations, for example in this too - rar fixer (http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/repair_rar.html).

Appzalien
09-05-2010, 01:49 PM
You have some silly formatting thing shows up in your posts, you should stop using it (THAT&#39;S or i&#39;ve) seems like an appostrophy failure.

I assume (ass u me) that you have a 1.08gig rar with a bunch of rars inside and one (39?) is corrupt and stops you from extracting the others. Instead of right click "extract here", choose right click "extract" which then opens a winrar window to point to where you want to extract to. But, also in this window is a place where you can put a check mark in "keep broken files". This will allow you to extract the files even though they are corrupt. The problem with downloading another set where the corrupt file is ok, is there could be other things inside the second set that do not exactly match the first set like txt files or url links of the uploading site. If they're not identical, you will get a CRC error cause they do not match. So, use the "extract" "keep broken files" on that too.

The apostrophy error is showing up in everyones post, so it could be on my side. never mind!

anon
09-05-2010, 04:59 PM
For me rar files are very important.

For me, getting rid of spambots is very important, too. :dabs:

Appzalien, it's not an error in your side, I see them too.

Appzalien
09-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm curious to know if the "keep broken files" trick worked for him, it has worked for me in the past. But he hasn't come back since I mentioned it, maybe he just redownloaded.