PDA

View Full Version : Read This Topic About Kl & Original Kmd

Spock4
01-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Okay look at this picture and what do you see.
Here (http://www.hispamp3.com/programas/imagenes/grandes/kazaalite.jpg)

You notice its clean kmd 2.6 right?
Well you see how many users are on? atleast 1 million something right?

About this one Clean KMD aka KL
Here (http://www3.telus.net/public/sombero/Carlo%20Files/KMD.JPG)
About 3 million something right?

What wrong with both of these pictures?
* People choose KL better than KMD.

I see people choose Kazaalite 2.4.3 , Clean KMD 2.4.4... etc.
Cause of the spyware, and other people choose it cause its
recommened from there friends.
But the problem is Kazaalite is cut off from sharman network right?
And less people will choose original KMD 2.6 cause of the spyware but it has tons of sources!
If more people will start to use KL and CKMD and less people use Original KMD 2.6 will that be the end of KMD 2.6 AND KAZAALITE?
Cause sharman ran out of business?

Im not saying choose original KMD 2.6 but... If you know what I am trying to say maybe you can think about it?
We must take action?
Or just wait till the results pass us?

I COULD BE WRONG, THIS IS WHAT I SEE AND REALIZE

READ INTERNET.NEWS TOPIC, MAKES YOUR UNDERSTAND MORE CLEARLY!

icantwin
01-05-2004, 01:20 AM
first off kazaa lite is not cut off from sharman (kmd2.6) well at least not right now so u dont have to worry bout that shit right now. but if it does happen than i guess where just gonna have to use somethin elseor stay on k lite cause it has the majority of the people on fastrack. oh and any way there is already clean kmd 2.6 so it really dont matter

StyleWarz
01-05-2004, 01:21 AM
Don't worry, so long there are users and supernodes kazaa will never die... Even when Sharman stops with KaZaA... :)

Spock4
01-05-2004, 01:48 AM
But im having slow downloads... I see 134 users then when I download it... i get 2 users then after it says connecting the result is more sources needed!

What is ASM MODE mean? in KaNAT
Oh one more thing about KaNAT after I exit Kazaa, and exit KaNAT will my ROUTER IP will be the same? or will it be the WAN IP?

what does WAN IP stand for?

Entity101
01-05-2004, 01:48 PM
The first screenshot is more than a year old I would guess. Back then there were much less users on the network as there are now.

sharedholder
01-05-2004, 02:03 PM
The first picture is already posted by me here (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=91917) and founded with Google on some portugese site ,and is about KAZAA MEDIA DESKTOP. :lol:

Barbarossa
01-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Error403@5 January 2004 - 12:48
The first screenshot is more than a year old I would guess. Back then there were much less users on the network as there are now.
Probably more like 2 years old! :lol:

Switeck
01-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Spock4@4 January 2004 - 20:48
What is ASM MODE mean? in KaNAT
Oh one more thing about KaNAT after I exit Kazaa, and exit KaNAT will my ROUTER IP will be the same? or will it be the WAN IP?

what does WAN IP stand for?
ASM Mode in KaNAT is an autoreplace mode LAN-to-internet ip conversion for your connection that runs in ASseMbly language -- the native 86x code of your cpu. Thus it loops and rechecks VERY fast. But the problem is these continual loops can put a drain on the cpu if your connection is making 10, 100, or 1,000+ new internet connections per second!

When you exit KaNAT and Kazaa, your router ip will be the same. As a matter of fact, your router ip NEVER changed even while running Kazaa and KaNAT. It's only your computer that was ever fooled!

KaNAT just sets the computer ip = to your router ip. This is why port-forwarding is a MUST while running KaNAT -- otherwise ALL data would 'die' at the router because it thinks it's already reached its ip destination.

WAN IP = your internet (Wide-Area Network) ip.
As opposed to your LAN (Local Area Network) IP which is the ip your computer has 'locally' so other computers on the same network see your computer as 'nearby'.

ninjamonkey
01-06-2004, 12:10 AM
"People choose KL better than KMD."
whaa? because there were more users on KL than KMD? they both have the same users because they use the same network. Its not like if you have KMD you can only dl from other people who have KMd. i think you can download from anyone on the fastrack network.
and clean kmd 2.6 does not have spyware, that's the whole point.

edit: i can't even read the second pic. it is too small to read. how would i make it bigger?

Spock4
01-06-2004, 06:05 AM
AHHAHA my bad then but still? less people?

Spock4
01-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Thank you about the KaNAT thing.

internet.news
01-06-2004, 11:48 PM
You should know, Mr.Spock, - as logic is important - I will still use K++ because
that is the real Fasttrack - the original Kazaa (KMD, yellow version) sucks so much
due to its spyware, I could hardly install all this and it could not start after installing...

Take Action: I already am taking action and using K++ furthermore everytime I am online, also if just a few minutes ;) Let me tell you: Fasttrack is defined by K++
since a certain time - by K++ and KMD up to 2.5 version -as you might heard,
Sharman shut K++ Site down and made it impossible für K++ to connect to 2.6 version. So, the real Fasttrack network is defined by all version of KMD until 2.5 and K++ ;) and Kazaa Lite (before K++). And also if KMD 2.6 would work, I would
not install this spyware stuff. We have inform all the other users on our board who
only uses 2.6 ;) to come over to K++ ;)

Spock4
01-07-2004, 03:01 AM
"Sharman shut K++ Site down and made it impossible für K++ to connect to 2.6 version."

Thats the thing that i was trying to explain.

deathonastick
01-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by StyleWarz@5 January 2004 - 01:21
Don't worry, so long there are users and supernodes kazaa will never die... Even when Sharman stops with KaZaA... :)
F'n A! :D

deathonastick
01-07-2004, 09:03 AM
That cut's it: I'm getting a router ASAP.

Spock4
01-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Dont get a router... man unless you have more than 1 comp...
Kind of slow you down... to much things to do...

nevkazaa
01-07-2004, 09:32 AM
I have tried to install 2.4.2, 2.4.4, 2.6 (clean) and 2.6 (with spyware) on A win xp system (always removing the previous version with system restore)

I found out that all of them gave me some type of problem with the downloading of files .. however i noticed that the Clean KMD (2.4.4) gave the best results. Sometimes it just stops downloading a file .. it asks for more resources or starts downloading with a riduculous 0.1 kb/s when i know that the users are there. This does not happen on all the files .. however when i see this is increasing I simply re-install the 2.4.4 on top of the installed version and it seems to help.

Sharman will never get rid of the kazaa lite users or else his business will just dissapear (kazaa is useless without users) .. Sharman's actions were strategically planned to control the kazaa lite software and minimise its pentration with the users.

Spock4
01-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by nevkazaa@7 January 2004 - 09:32
it asks for more resources or starts downloading with a riduculous 0.1 kb/s when i know that the users are there.
This does not happen on all the files ..

however when i see this is increasing I simply re-install the 2.4.4 on top of the installed version and it seems to help.

Quote 1:
This happens to everyone, not only you so yeah.

Quote 2:
I would not try this, It can damage your harddrive re-install over and over again, it seems to work yes, but It's pointless. But nice try though.

:01:

geothermal78
01-07-2004, 11:18 AM
>>>I found out that all of them gave me some type of problem with the downloading of files .. however i noticed that the Clean KMD (2.4.4) gave the best results.>>>

Have you tried running RegCleaner or a similar program and see if things run faster for you ?

Another program I use is called Fast Defrag. Worth a try.

Lastly, I delete my web caches weekly to keep my system fast. Also delete the java cache files as well. (In the control panel under the java icon.)

cheers,

geothermal

nevkazaa
01-07-2004, 12:19 PM
I have a brand new 3GHz Pentium 4C and I donlt think I have problems with my registry yet .. will try the web/java cache

internet.news
01-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by geothermal78@7 January 2004 - 12:18
>>>I found out that all of them gave me some type of problem with the downloading of files .. however i noticed that the Clean KMD (2.4.4) gave the best results.>>>

Have you tried running RegCleaner or a similar program and see if things run faster for you ?

Another program I use is called Fast Defrag. Worth a try.

Lastly, I delete my web caches weekly to keep my system fast. Also delete the java cache files as well. (In the control panel under the java icon.)

cheers,

geothermal
RegCleaner is a good good tool ;)

I use it - a smart design and you can fast and easy remove unwanted entries in your registry. Or do automatic CleanUp ;)