PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Tell

bulio
01-05-2004, 01:42 AM
:P hi ppl, i am getting my ram on my comp upgraded but i don't know what type i have (ddr or sdram) how can i tell?

thx

clocker
01-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Download and install Aida32 (http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php).
You can find out just about anything with this program.

peat moss
01-05-2004, 02:36 AM
Take the strip out and read it that way youll be sure then you can match the speed etc. Some people at the store know less than you do . So take it with you. No problems.

PS that way you have a little practice too because a lot of people make mistakes reseating the ram you know errors and such like its bean said before it takes a bit a force to place in the slot . But it is easy after one or two times lol :rolleyes:

Smurfette
01-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by peat moss@5 January 2004 - 02:36
PS that way you have a little practice  too because a lot of people make mistakes  reseating  the ram you know errors  and such like its bean said before it takes a bit a force to place in the slot . But it is easy after one or two times lol  :rolleyes:
Hehe, I remember when I first went from SIMMs to DIMMs - I couldn't believe the force needed to get them into the slot!
Now when I build a system, the CPU, HS/F and RAM are all installed on a bench before going in the case. :D

peat moss
01-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Smurfette I wrecked my first mobo putting in the old ram you know the 45 degree crap. lol

bob_the_alien
01-06-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Smurfette@5 January 2004 - 17:45
Now when I build a system, the CPU, HS/F and RAM are all installed on a bench before going in the case. :D
That's a good idea anyway, though mine is usually assembled on a carpeted floor, :lol:, haven't fried one yet. But it's so much easier to have everything installed on the mobo before putting it in the case, Jesus, it sucks to put a hsf on in some of these small ass cases. :ph34r: