PDA

View Full Version : Languages Of The World

tilen76
02-26-2003, 06:27 PM
I've seen posts written in many different languages lately, English, Dutch, Swedish, Portugese, Spanish, ?????, ....
It's OK, but if you need help, than please write in english, so that everybody can help you, otherwise this board is going to get really weird. :blink:

What would happen if I opened a topic in my language? I believe only three or four other members could join in and a few might understand a word or two.

I'm opening this thread for all of you who would like to speak in their own language.

And I shall start:

Torej vsi slovenci, ki ste èlani tega foruma, prosim èe se prikljuèite debati. Govorimo lahko praktièno o èemerkoli, saj nas nihèe ne bo razumel. Torej dora, ADSLpredator in ostali ... dajte si duška.

Anketa o starosti:
Jaz sem star 27 let.

Od kod prihajaš:
Iz Ljubljane

;)

Mivaro
02-26-2003, 06:29 PM
slovenci
Daar is dat woord weer... :lol: en weer het enige woord wat ik begrijp...

Bender
02-26-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by tilen76@26 February 2003 - 19:27
Torej vsi slovenci, ki ste èlani tega foruma, prosim èe se prikljuèite debati. Govorimo lahko praktièno o èemerkoli, saj nas nihèe ne bo razumel. Torej dora, ADSLpredator in ostali ... dajte si duška.

Anketa o starosti:
Jaz sem star 27 let.

Od kod prihajaš:
Iz Ljubljane

;)
I understood "ADSLpredator"! :D

(and that you're 27 years old and live in Ljubljana)

mrcall1969
02-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Tilen

Gonnae no dae that?? furfuxake! :D

Rat Faced
02-26-2003, 06:33 PM
:( Acudoonabroon ;)

Bender
02-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Mivaro@26 February 2003 - 19:29
Daar is dat woord weer... :lol:  en weer het enige woord wat ik begrijp...
I understood that as well, but that's maybe because Dutch is my native language... :P

Bender
02-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@26 February 2003 - 19:33
:( Acudoonabroon ;)
Did you eat beans for lunch Rat Faced? :lol:

Ron
02-26-2003, 06:37 PM
Oké, weurd Antwaareps dan oek beschaawd as een toal?
'k wil mor zegge da Engels misschin toch wel 't beste nis voer dees forum.
Wa peizde gaa, skweeky?
As voer maan gegeives:
'k zén 37 joar, en 'k woen in Boertmierbeek.
Da's vlak bá 't station van Hocht. Neffe de braaweraa.

tilen76
02-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Ron@26 February 2003 - 19:37
Wa peizde gaa, skweeky?

Ok, this could get weird if it was spoken in my language. :lol: :lol:

DataMore
02-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Parece-me que sou o único a falar português aqui. :unsure:

ugluk
02-26-2003, 06:42 PM
Håll käften för fan!! :P

100%
02-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Salamalekum kif halak
Nangadeff, mangi fi,
Por eso heb ik defoi, besoin av en store kylling, in life.
ciao bello

Jonne
02-26-2003, 06:47 PM
Awel,
'k bennekik vrji te vind'n vo nen droad in ol de verskill'nde toal'n.
'k zoe zeg'n: goa't er ne kji hjil vworn ;)

tilen76
02-26-2003, 06:48 PM
<_< Hmmm ... how about some translations guys? I got lost. :blink: :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I&#39;m glad to see so many languages. Keep them coming ...
;)

Ron
02-26-2003, 06:49 PM
LOL Jonne,
gaa zé gaa zeikers van de Vlonders?

Bender
02-26-2003, 06:56 PM
And the winning country until now: Flanders&#33;

Look at Ron and Jonne, they only live about 200km from eachother and they speak completely different languages. :D

100%
02-26-2003, 06:59 PM
http://global-reach.biz/globstats/chart.gif

tilen76
02-26-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Bender@26 February 2003 - 19:56
And the winning country until now: Flanders&#33;

Look at Ron and Jonne, they only live about 200km from eachother and they speak completely different languages. :D
You want to hear all the languages in the 200km radius from where I live?

German (Austrian), Italian + Tirol (some crazy mix of german and italian if I&#39;m not mistaken), Hungarian, Croatian.

And imagine this:

there is 2.000.000 people that live in Slovenia and people from the NE part of the country (prekmurci) and people from the SW part of the country (primorci) will have no clue what they are saying to each other if they spoke in their dialects. :blink:

What a colorful world this is. :D

Jonne
02-26-2003, 07:22 PM
i don&#39;t think the distance between Boortmeerbeek and K-Town is 200Km,
it&#39;s more like 113,1 Km, according to routenet.be...

btw, Ron and me each have a google in our own respective dialects...

Dieselpower
02-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by tilen76@26 February 2003 - 20:27
I&#39;ve seen posts written in many different languages lately, English, Dutch, Swedish, Portugese, Spanish, ?????, ....
It&#39;s OK, but if you need help, than please write in english, so that everybody can help you, otherwise this board is going to get really weird. :blink:

What would happen if I opened a topic in my language? I believe only three or four other members could join in and a few might understand a word or two.

I&#39;m opening this thread for all of you who would like to speak in their own language.

And I shall start:

Anketa o starosti:
Jaz sem star 27 let.

Od kod prihajaš:
Iz Ljubljane

;)
Hi, Tilen76
I think I understood almost everything you wrote in your native language&#33; But I still can make a mistake...
I write in English so others can understand the thread. It&#39;s about this: you appealed to all Slovenians from this forum and asked them to join this thread and to write only in Slovenian to prevent others from understanding all of you. Then you again appealed to other Svonenians (ADSLpredator è îñòàëüíûå, äàéòå î ñåáå çíàòü (in Russian)).
You are 27 years old. And you live in Ljubljane. (Ïðîæèâàåøü â Ëþáëÿíå&#33;)
As I am Russian it isn&#39;t very difficult for me to understand other Slavs. :lol:

summerlinda
02-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ugluk@26 February 2003 - 19:42
Håll käften för fan&#33;&#33; :P
I could read that,
He says we have to shut up :o ;)

(I lived in Denmark for 2 years, its not Danisch you write, but it looks like it)

Is er al ooit een nationaliteits poll geweest? Ben erg benieuwd hoeveel verschillenden nationaliteiten hier posten. Daarom zou het erg fijn zijn als iedereen dat in zijn profiel zou zetten, leeftijd & land waar je woont.

Mange hilse&#33;

:D

khhora
02-26-2003, 08:07 PM
aserejé, ja, dejé, dejebe tudejebede, sebionouba, majabi an de bugui an de winidipi

whatever that means :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grover
02-26-2003, 08:12 PM
W Szczebrzeszynie chrz¹szcz brzmi w trzcinie i Szczebrzeszyn z tego s³ynie :) :D :D

Grzegorz Brzêczyszczykiewicz :)

ugluk
02-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by khhora@26 February 2003 - 21:07
aserejé, ja, dejé, dejebe tudejebede, sebionouba, majabi an de bugui an de winidipi

whatever that means :lol: :lol: :lol:
that&#39;s the Ketcup song&#33;&#33; :lol:

summerlinda: that was a little swedish&#33; :D

khhora
02-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ugluk@26 February 2003 - 21:13
that&#39;s the Ketcup song&#33;&#33; :lol:

Good guess ugluk ;)

See , we dont need to speak an existing language to be understood :lol:

tilen76
02-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Dieselpower@26 February 2003 - 20:42
Hi, Tilen76
I think I understood almost everything you wrote in your native language&#33; But I still can make a mistake...
I write in English so others can understand the thread. It&#39;s about this: you appealed to all Slovenians from this forum and asked them to join this thread and to write only in Slovenian to prevent others from understanding all of you. Then you again appealed to other Svonenians (ADSLpredator è îñòàëüíûå, äàéòå î ñåáå çíàòü (in Russian)).
You are 27 years old.&nbsp; And you live in Ljubljane. (Ïðîæèâàåøü â Ëþáëÿíå&#33;)
As I am Russian it isn&#39;t very difficult for me to understand other Slavs.&nbsp; :lol:
Quite good Dieselpower. Yes we the Slavs can understand each other pretty good, just like Dutch and German can understand each other for example.

OK, here is the best translation to english of what I said. I will try my best:

"Well, all the Slovenians who are members of this forum, please join the debate. We can pratically speak about anything, since nobody will understand us. So dora, ADSL predator and the rest of you ... vent yourself (I hope I&#39;ve translated that phrase correct, it could also be translated as simply "go ahead")."

So I guess you translated it a little bit too hard:

to write only in Slovenian to prevent others from understanding all of you
But the rest was very good. Sit down you get a B+. ;)

But the age thing and where I live, well I think every1 understood that. :D

Ron
02-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Volges maa veil minder as 200 Km Bender. :)
Trouwens, er is zelfs al een groot verschil tussen Mechels en Antwerps.
pinke<->pinktje
bouche kameree<->touter = schommel
seuze<->deken
sjemél<->verrekijker
sjeit<->steert
pjeid<->peird
enz. :D

Dieselpower
02-26-2003, 09:20 PM
To Tilen76

Govorimo lahko praktièno o èemerkoli, saj nas
From this frase i wrongly uderstood "saj" because i translated it as "in order to" (÷òîáû in Russian)
Other words: Govorimo - ãîâîðèòü (ïî ðóññêè) praktièno - ïðàêòè÷åñêè nas - íàñ

nihèe ne bo razumel
ne razumel - ðàçóìåòü - the word from old Slavic, Russians practically doesn&#39;t use this old verb but instead we use the verb "ïîíÿòü", however this word still exists in Ukranian and Belorussian (I have Belorussian and Ukranian relatives :lol: )

Anketa o starosti:
Jaz sem star 27 let.
The preverb o = o
The noun starost = ñòàðîñòü (âîçðàñò is better for Russian)
let = ëåò (just the same = years)

Od kod prihajaš:
Iz Ljubljane
Od kod = îò êóäà :D
The preverb iz = èç (just the same "from")
prihajaš - a little bit harder to translate 100% correctly. :rolleyes: (ïðîæèâàþ)

100%
02-26-2003, 09:22 PM
ok that was lithuanian...

though..

:ph34r:

Jonne
02-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Volges maa veil minder as 200 Km Bender.

tè woa...

Benno
02-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Spricht hier wirklich niemand deutsch??? :o

tilen76
02-26-2003, 10:08 PM
@Dieselpower:

I&#39;m really sorry because I can&#39;t read the characters you posted (Russian cyrillic?). I would really like to try to read that, because I can read Serbian cyrillic writing. And my grandfather is actually Russian and my grandmother is Czech. So I guess I&#39;m all Slavic. :)

But it looks that this board uses some other character set, because I can&#39;t see all the characters correct in my post either. Or maybe I don&#39;t have installed the characters sets on my PC.
I mean:

Instead of that: http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=LWKwG33i9MyLfRxWbW3CodFkc&ext=.jpg , I get è š ž on this board, when I post the message.

Naj živijo vsi Slovani. :D

tilen76
02-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Benno@26 February 2003 - 23:02
Spricht hier wirklich niemand deutsch??? :o
Nur ein bißchen meine liebe Nachbar. :D

(Was that gramatically correct? I haven&#39;t spoken german since high school.)

Benno
02-26-2003, 10:23 PM
almost correct :)

I would be: mein lieber Nachbar.

But you could read my post and answer it, I could neither read your post nor reply anything. :(

Dieselpower
02-26-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by tilen76@27 February 2003 - 00:08
@Dieselpower:

I&#39;m really sorry because I can&#39;t read the characters you posted (Russian cyrillic?). I would really like to try to read that, because I can read Serbian cyrillic writing. And my grandfather is actually Russian and my grandmother is Czech. So I guess I&#39;m all Slavic. :)

But it looks that this board uses some other character set, because I can&#39;t see all the characters correct in my post either. Or maybe I don&#39;t have installed the characters sets on my PC.
I mean:

Instead of that: http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=LWKwG33i9MyLfRxWbW3CodFkc&ext=.jpg , I get è š ž&nbsp; on this board, when I post the message.

Naj živijo vsi Slovani. :D
In order to view Ñyrillic you must choose encoding in your browser "Cyrillic (Windows)"
But you browser may not support this encoding but should&#33;
By the way all my characters in Russian are correct&#33; But yours - not&#33;
In Wndows XP in "Regional Settings and Languages" (Advanced) I enable support for Cyrillic.

tilen76
02-26-2003, 10:52 PM
OK, thanks Dieselpower, I will see what can I do. I really want to see all those characters. :)

tilen76
02-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Benno@26 February 2003 - 23:23
almost correct :)

I would be: mein lieber Nachbar.

But you could read my post and answer it, I could neither read your post nor reply anything. :(
I knew it, I was thinking of menier liebe, meine lieber and mein lieber and I decided to go with meine liebe. :angry:

It&#39;s been really long since I had to know all that stuff. :rolleyes:

spork
02-27-2003, 06:57 AM
Yo hablo espanol muy bien para un estadounidense. Hace dos anos que yo comenzo hablar espanol y ahora me lo encanta hablar. ?Hay personas quien pueden espanol? Por favor responde.

Mr.Joshua
02-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by summerlinda+26 February 2003 - 21:01--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (summerlinda @ 26 February 2003 - 21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ugluk@26 February 2003 - 19:42
Håll käften för fan&#33;&#33; :P
I could read that,
He says we have to shut up :o ;)

(I lived in Denmark for 2 years, its not Danisch you write, but it looks like it)

Is er al ooit een nationaliteits poll geweest? Ben erg benieuwd hoeveel verschillenden nationaliteiten hier posten. Daarom zou het erg fijn zijn als iedereen dat in zijn profiel zou zetten, leeftijd & land waar je woont.

Mange hilse&#33;

:D [/b][/quote]

Nej det er ikke dansk, med det må vel være svensk.

Der er ikke særlig mange danskere herinde&#33; <_<

summerlinda
02-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Nej det er ikke dansk, med det må vel være svensk. Der er ikke særlig mange danskere herinde&#33;
Nej, men jeg kan snakke lid Dansk, desværre jeg har glemt næsten alt. :rolleyes:
Jeg synes det Danmark er en smuk og løsne land.
Dette er vanskelig, det var fem ar siden .......
Jeg har bored i Roost nar ved Rømø
Hilse,

100%
02-27-2003, 12:57 PM
En ovelse i norsk
jeg skal aldri forsto dansk sprak fordi de er imulig for meg a ta danskene serios.(dialect er helt :blink: mens Lars von Trier har gjort de mer intellectuel)

min mest hatede norsk o/r ar
jeg orker ikke-(what fkd up language uses this sooo often?)
du fa ikke lov
jeg vil ikke

min fav&#39; ar
hvafnoe
ar de skumelt?- ja, de er skumelt

insanebassman
02-27-2003, 04:35 PM
I am fluent in english, bad english and muther fuckin&#39; profanity

J&#39;Parles un pu francais

habla espanol

"The Avatar Man"
02-27-2003, 04:36 PM
I speak english
espanol
but mostly english
even tough my parents are from mexico

DataMore
02-27-2003, 04:44 PM
I speak portuguese, english, french, spanish and a little bit of italian. B)

khhora
02-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by spork@27 February 2003 - 07:57
Yo hablo espanol muy bien para un estadounidense.&nbsp; Hace dos anos que yo comenzo hablar espanol y ahora me lo encanta hablar.&nbsp; ?Hay personas quien pueden espanol?&nbsp; Por favor responde.
Yo hablo español. También inglés y un poquito de francés. Y puedo entender el portugués y el italiano por lo parecido que son al español

Traducción: I speak spanish. Also English and a little bit of French. I can also understand Portuguese and Italian for they are quite similar to Spanish.

"The Avatar Man"
02-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Damn Looking at this makes me realize that I need to get out and see the world.
Maybe I&#39;ll join the military.

DataMore
02-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Once you know how to speak one of the latin based languages (portuguese, spanish, italian or french) it&#39;s not hard to understand the other latin based ones.

B)

"The Avatar Man"
02-27-2003, 05:01 PM
I speak spanish but Can&#39;t understand portuguese :blink:
I know its similar but it&#39;s still pretty hard too understand,though it would probably be easy to learn :blink:

VB
02-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Doch doch Benno .. ich komm aus dem Schurkenstaat der neuesten Generation und sprech deswegen auch deutsch ;).

kakarot
02-27-2003, 05:09 PM
A ver alguien que hable español :D ....

(someone who speaks spanish :D ...)

"The Avatar Man"
02-27-2003, 05:16 PM
mucha gente aqui abla espanol :)

puremindmatters
02-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Hier ist noch&#39;n Schurke - allerdings mit britischem Pass...

I speak German, English, French (rusty), Italian (only when I&#39;m swearing)....

edit: forgot: Latin...

thomig
02-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Hi folks

I speak german by native (too much I guess). English as best I can.
Italian too and ... I understand french, (there are some problems with the pronounce). Russian?
Oh Thomigian too :D

As we developed KaZuperNodes, we made an russian version. But there is a problem. This russian looks on our computers like a strange alien language. :lol:

Like that: Îòêðûâàò¾ à³ðåñíàÿ êíèãà

I would like to find someone in Russia, who tests that russian langversion.
So you feels like testing: send mail to

[email protected]

Afronaut
02-27-2003, 05:38 PM
... muista aina ryöpätä räätikät....

...thats finnish all right...

Benno
02-27-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by VB@27 February 2003 - 18:02
Doch doch Benno .. ich komm aus dem Schurkenstaat der neuesten Generation und sprech deswegen auch deutsch ;).
The Gods Admin is on our (German speaking) Side. :D

Now we will win. :P

ADSLpredator
03-04-2003, 12:21 AM
Ok, tukaj se moram še jaz malo oglasiti... ker obiskujem tale forum že kar nekaj èasa in sem tudi prispeval nekaj svojih malih freetime programèkov, se èutim tudi malo že k-lite boardovca, èeprav moje število postov ni tako visoko, kot od ostalih. Se paè pozna, da sem zaèetnik v anglešèini; zato se tudi ne upam preveè vmešavati v sporoèila drugih èlanov; bolje biti tiho, kot pa izpadati bedak v vsakem sporoèilu, ki ga napišem... mogoèe pa bom sedaj izpadel veèji buhtl, kot èe bi tole poskušal napisati v anglešèini.

Torej, en lep pozdrav iz Dolenjske... kjer so doma rešeta in žlice; in kolikor nam je znano, smo Ribnèanje iznašli prvi lesene žlice ;) (ali pa tudi ne, kdo ve, to je že zelo daleè)...

...translation is not available....

"ADSLpredator ma vas rad" :-)