PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard Doesn't Support Geforce

dudevenezuela
01-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Is this possible? I have a crappy Motherboard and I've tried to Install a PCI geforce 2 MX and it won't work , I've read thaT The problem is that the motherboard does not support the option to disable the onboard card in order to get to work the new video card (PCI)

I think my motherboard model is M756lrt PCCHIPS

GCNaddict
01-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by dudevenezuela@5 January 2004 - 18:39
Is this possible? I have a crappy Motherboard and I've tried to Install a PCI geforce 2 MX and it won't work , I've read thaT The problem is that the motherboard does not support the option to disable the onboard card in order to get to work the new video card (PCI)

I think my motherboard model is M756lrt PCCHIPS
get a new mobo: if urs doesnt have AGP its crap

Virtualbody1234
01-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by GCNaddict@5 January 2004 - 12:46
get a new mobo: if urs doesnt have AGP its crap
That may be so but it doesn't answer his question.

Have you checked into your BIOS to see if there is an option to disable the onboard video?

DWk
01-05-2004, 07:08 PM
maybe it shouldnt be disabling the on-board video...but simply making the display as PCI and not AGP...

GCNaddict
01-05-2004, 07:25 PM
all i will say is to get a new mobo. theyre only 100-150

dudevenezuela
01-05-2004, 07:33 PM
I've tried the option in the BIOS and it doesn't work check this URL (it's somebodyelse with the same `problem)
I don't know if updating the BIOS will work
I've tried also checking for jumper but there is no jumper for video card on the mother board

So in think is the crappy mobo so the only solution might be getting a new mobo or
change video card to a ATI or something

READ HERE (http://www.pcchips.com.tw/faq/faq_spec.asp?FAQ_SEQ_NO=030110001&PRODUCT_ID=56)

DWk
01-05-2004, 07:47 PM
The M756LMRT board doesnˇ¦t have provide for disable the On Board VGA option, if want to plug extra VGA in M756LMRT, please set this ˇ§ Primary Graphics Adapterˇ¨ of item to ˇ§ PCI ˇ§ signal output.

i assume thats what i said about puttin pci in the bios....

bigdawgfoxx
01-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by DWk@5 January 2004 - 13:08
maybe it shouldnt be disabling the on-board video...but simply making the display as PCI and not AGP...
Yeah, I had to disable the onboard graphics for my computer to pick up the new graphics card. This was on my old system though.

Smurfette
01-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by GCNaddict@5 January 2004 - 19:25
What are you, the reigning World Ignorant Cunt 2003?

Perhaps he's skint. Perhaps he's only a kid without a job. Perhaps mobos cost a lot more and are harder to get hold of in Venezuela. We do know he's attempting to fit an outdated gfx card into his system so that tells us a lot more than you'd grant.
Whatever his situation, there's no reason for you to be a complete arsehole toward him by not considering other options that may be open to him.

Some people are lucky and grateful to have any kind of computer. Recognise that and respect it.

Smurfette
01-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by dudevenezuela@5 January 2004 - 19:33
I've tried the option in the BIOS and it doesn't work check this URL (it's somebodyelse with the same `problem)
I don't know if updating the BIOS will work
I've tried also checking for jumper but there is no jumper for video card on the mother board

So in think is the crappy mobo so the only solution might be getting a new mobo or
change video card to a ATI or something

READ HERE (http://www.pcchips.com.tw/faq/faq_spec.asp?FAQ_SEQ_NO=030110001&PRODUCT_ID=56)
I doubt that an ATI card would be easier to get going than an nVidia one on your computer.

Update the BIOS then do as DWK and the PCChips website suggest: change the primary display adapter setting to PCI in the BIOS and it should work.

Good luck.

DWk
01-05-2004, 11:34 PM
yeps.... i live in guatemala and mobo's are expensive here...not to mention a little outdated. for example, if you want to buy a new vid card....the only card you get here is the fx5200...... not even an fx5600 :(

dudevenezuela
01-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Well that's for sure that here mobo are expensive but that's not the point...Thanks everybody for the help.. I will try updating the BIOS though i didn't want to mess with the BIOS cause i'm not that expert so i'm afraid to mess up my pc

And I'm not 100% sure that will solve the problem

Mr. Elmo
01-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by GCNaddict@5 January 2004 - 19:25
yes, that is all that you will say....in almost every post for help....you give advice (if thats what you want to call it) such as "go buy a new xxx" that doesnt help them out now does it? if they want to get a new component, im sure they would have w/o you telling them.

when you say "mess with bios" does that mean you never went into the bios? but if its not set to pci, it doesnt matter, as long as you disable the onboard in device manager....my moms comp is set to onboard gfx in the bios but she uses a mx440 fine.

Neo 721
01-06-2004, 10:51 PM
In situtions like this replacing may be the only option, could be as much as 1 damaged track along the board.

cwctv
01-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Why update the bios :blink:

Just go in there and put it on "pci" primary bootup if not you will not see anything until it gets into windows.

First go into Windows and remove the display driver see if its under Add/remove programs in the control panel (your looking for anything with SiS),if not remove by hand when it finds it again point to a normal pci primary yes it might say there is another best for the job take no notice reboot machine.On entrying Windows it "might" pick it up again just say use the ones already installed.

Now turn the machine off put in the new card restart still using the "old" cards video out socket get the new cards drivers on and turn off don't reboot now swap the cable over IF you don't see a display of your memory count etc turn the machine off change the cable back and take the new one out your not going to get it to work,once back into Windows reload your drivers again for the old card.
Hope you understand this.

Project E-01
01-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Neo, the problem is an outdated mobo, not a damaged one. IF you read, you'd know that. Jeeeez

Dud - as has been said already, simply changing the adapter settings in the bios should be enough to get it to go.

dudevenezuela
01-07-2004, 04:30 AM
Look what i found

Pretty much the same u all say (http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001863.html)

Bad news for me (http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001579.html)
:'( :(

THANKS ANYWAY

dudevenezuela
01-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Somebody can confirm what they said in the link "bad news for me" ??

and then close this thread if it is so :cry1: :cry1:

Smurfette
01-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Hmm, that's interesting.
The only reasons I can think of for a system not booting when a PCI video card is installed (when it's supposed to be able to...) are:
-video card not properly seated in slot,
-faulty video card,
-faulty mobo,
-insufficient power from PSU, or
-mobo not fully PCIv2.1 compliant.

Although I wouldn't put it past PCChips to produce a board with an inherent bug that would cause such problems (except in the last case above on a very old board), I'd look into the other possibilities first. And I'd save some money up to get a better mobo while I'm at it.

If you lived in my area, I'd give one of my spare cards to help you out.