PDA

View Full Version : K-Lite v2.6

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lite
01-05-2004, 10:37 PM
K- Lite v2.6 RC14b Now Avalible

See Our Forum For Download Links (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/developmentforums/index.php?c=3)

Changes In RC14b
* Updated Khancer
> Change Log
- Added 'preview with' function
- Added GUI to add/edit/remove tools
- Minor Fixes
* Updated QuickKaz
* Added AVI Preview To "Preview With" Menu
* Removed Uneeded Keys
* Fixed ASM Registry Keys
* Fixed Bug Where Registry Keys Werent Uninstalled
* Fixed HOSTS Problem
* Fixed Grammer In Setup
* Fixed Version Number
* Fixed Positioning On ASM Window
* Compiled With Latest Inno Setup
* Improved Compression
* Minor Fixes

isamma
01-05-2004, 10:55 PM
ok lite
thank u

i'll try it B)

and even post it in my site :D

rafi_d
01-05-2004, 11:00 PM
"Updated Ktoobar" -> any news in the autosearchmore domain ? :unsure:

{I}{K}{E}
01-05-2004, 11:09 PM
why change the name? :unsure:

isamma
01-05-2004, 11:34 PM
you need to Modify GKToolbar.ini
since the config is misslinked :P
see my web page link B)

download GkTOOLBAR.rar and extract to installatin directory :D B)

xor
01-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Bugs:

Installed "Godlyk" with the install KMD option. (Question: I presume you have to have some KMD files otherwise the program won't work. Is that correct?)

Now I have two icons in my quick launch toolbar; 1 for "Godlyk" and 1 for "KMD"

When I double click on th "Godlyk" icon I get "Run time Error '339' Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I did a search for this file on my computer and it does not exist. Why does this not get installed with the rest of the install?

When I double click on the "KMD" icon I get "Error Loading dll" :frusty:

Rebooting doesn't change either error. (Operating system: XP Pro SP1)

I'm going back to K++ 2.4.3 for now (I uninstalled it before I tried to install "Godlyk".)

BTW: What the %$#@^&*'s is up with this new name

isamma
01-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by xor@5 January 2004 - 23:41
Bugs:

Installed "Godlyk" with the install KMD option. (Question: I presume you have to have some KMD files otherwise the program won't work. Is that correct?)

When I double click on th "Godlyk" icon I get "Run time Error '339' Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I did a search for this file on my computer and it does not exist. Why does this not get installed with the rest of the install?

Rebooting doesn't change either error. (Operating system: XP Pro SP1)

I'm going back to K++ 2.4.3 for now (I uninstalled it before I tried to install "Godlyk".)

BTW: What the %$#@^&*'s is up with this new name
u can get your clean kazaa from the rc 7 of klchat by copying it and then uninstall the klchat build :D

after that you need to install the new rc8 withput installing kmd

after completing the installation copy the kazaa.exe to installation folder

and that is it

for the moment you need to get the new GKToolbar from my site B)

i hope that i'v been helpful ;) B)

Dale
01-06-2004, 12:41 AM
there is not a start page for me.. is that normal? its all white...

and when i click on web and search i get a script error.. is that normal as well?

isamma
01-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Dale@6 January 2004 - 00:41
there is not a start page for me.. is that normal? its all white...

and when i click on web and search i get a script error.. is that normal as well?
the same here
i thing it has no inflounce onthe program B)
but lite needs to chang this naging home ;)

ps:for all of you can find the link to the new version with kazaa.exe inclouded in my page :D

Dale
01-06-2004, 01:56 AM
just wondering.. no big problem.. but i wanted to know if that was an issue ;) or it was my computer screwing up.. thats all

erRor67
01-06-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by isamma+5 January 2004 - 15:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (isamma @ 5 January 2004 - 15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xor@5 January 2004 - 23:41
Bugs:

Installed "Godlyk" with the install KMD option. (Question: I presume you have to have some KMD files otherwise the program won&#39;t work. Is that correct?)

When I double click on th "Godlyk" icon I get "Run time Error &#39;339&#39; Component &#39;MSWINSCK.OCX&#39; or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Rebooting doesn&#39;t change either error. (Operating system: XP Pro SP1)

I&#39;m going back to K++ 2.4.3 for now (I uninstalled it before I tried to install "Godlyk".)

BTW: What the %&#036;#@^&*&#39;s is up with this new name
u can get your clean kazaa from the rc 7 of klchat by copying it and then uninstall the klchat build :D

after that you need to install the new rc8 withput installing kmd

after completing the installation copy the kazaa.exe to installation folder

and that is it

for the moment you need to get the new GKToolbar from my site B)

i hope that i&#39;v been helpful ;) B) [/b][/quote]
Umm, I dont get what your saying. Shouldnt all the files we need be in the installer? What extra files do we need to copy? And whats with the name? I dont get it. It is short for &#39;good luck&#39; or something? Im cunfused with this new build. For now, I&#39;ll stick with Kazaa #KLchat build RC 7.

Mik3ll
01-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by xor@5 January 2004 - 23:41
Bugs:

Installed "Godlyk" with the install KMD option. (Question: I presume you have to have some KMD files otherwise the program won&#39;t work. Is that correct?)

When I double click on th "Godlyk" icon I get "Run time Error &#39;339&#39; Component &#39;MSWINSCK.OCX&#39; or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I&#39;m going back to K++ 2.4.3 for now (I uninstalled it before I tried to install "Godlyk".)

BTW: What the %&#036;#@^&*&#39;s is up with this new name
Its not a bug, its your computer. You need to download the file &#39;MSWINSCK.OCX&#39;. Search the fourms for a program called &#39;vbcontrol&#39;, its something someone made that installs the files you need to run the program.

erRor67
01-06-2004, 02:27 AM
heres just a question...
Theres a bad-ip blocker build in right? We dont need Peer Guardian anymore correct?? Cause, Peer Guardian is been replaced by Bad-Ip-Updater so yeah, theres a bad-ip blocker in kazaa #KLChat/Godlyk right???

Mik3ll
01-06-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Bishtawiman@6 January 2004 - 02:27
heres just a question...
Theres a bad-ip blocker build in right? We dont need Peer Guardian anymore correct?? Cause, Peer Guardian is been replaced by Bad-Ip-Updater so yeah, theres a bad-ip blocker in kazaa #KLChat/Godlyk right???
Yes.

* Added Option To Download And Install Kazaa Media Desktop And Instantly Remove Spyware, Adware and Anything Else Uneeded By GodlyK (Kazaa Media Desktop Is Copyright Of Sharman Networks)

Because of this, does it make it so K-lite is legal to install?

RavenSoft
01-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Looking good, but for god&#39;s sake come up with a better name man hehe. And no I can&#39;t think of anything good off the top of my head, maybe just stick with kazaa lite 2.6 or something remotely close to that. keep up the good work lite&#33;&#33; :music1:

xor
01-06-2004, 03:47 AM
QUOTE (xor @ 5 January 2004 - 23:41)
Bugs:

When I double click on the "KMD" icon I get "Error Loading dll"&nbsp;

BTW: What the %&#036;#@^&*&#39;s is up with this new name&nbsp;

Its not a bug, its your computer. You need to download the file &#39;MSWINSCK.OCX&#39;. Search the fourms for a program called &#39;vbcontrol&#39;, its something someone made that installs the files you need to run the program.

Thanks, that seems to fix it. IMHO this is still a bug though. If this file does not come with the operating system (Windows XP in my case) the install program should detect this and install as necessary.

Also, instead of the "dirty and cumbersome" way that you need to go about installing Kazaa.exe, I think it should be rebundled with godlyk as it was in early versions of klchat.

I&#39;ve also had the problem of the default (home) page URL in the program not opening. Is there a way to set this URL to something else?

All in all this is a great start, but there are still lots of things that need to be fixed before it goes beyond beta. :beerchug:

Then again that&#39;s easy for me to say since I&#39;m not doing any of the work, lol.

erRor67
01-06-2004, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I dont understand the name either. I guess it means &#39;good luck&#39; but I dont know. How about a new name of Kazaa Lite after the developer&#39;s name &#39;Lite&#39;?
Or Kazaa Light, Kazaa Dark, Kazaa Reloaded, Kazaa Revolution, Kazaa SE, or KMD (Kazaa Massively Dangerous) :D ???

nsane
01-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Bishtawiman@5 January 2004 - 22:48
Yeah, I dont understand the name either. I guess it means &#39;good luck&#39; but I dont know. How about a new name of Kazaa Lite after the developer&#39;s name &#39;Lite&#39;?
Or Kazaa Light, Kazaa Dark, Kazaa Reloaded, Kazaa Revolution, Kazaa SE, or KMD (Kazaa Massively Dangerous)&nbsp; :D ???
yeah i coulnt figure out the name either...is it pronounced &#39;God Like&#39; or &#39;Godly K&#39;?

and is it &#39;Kazaa GodlyK&#39;, &#39;K-Lite Godlyk&#39;, or just &#39;Godlyk&#39;?

rafi_d
01-06-2004, 06:46 AM
I see that this thread should be renamed to "naming new KL&#39;, so, unless it is ILLEAL to use sub-strings from the previous name, I suggest:
"KL#" (=="Kazaa Lite (#)Sharp")
So, like the evolutoin of C->C++->C# we have KL->KL(K)++->KL# ... :)

erRor67
01-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Ok, here is my minor... It has Kazaa Lite, Kazaa #KLChat Build RC 7, Kazaa Godlyk, Kazaa Resurected, Kazaa Media Desktop, and Kazaa Plus...

http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman/

Selendrile
01-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Nice work. It&#39;s alot neater than #KLchat ever was, and a fluid install. It also requires less processing power. Wonderfull&#33; I look foward to future releases of Godlyk, no matter how corny the name is :P .

Pied Piper
01-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Bishtawiman@6 January 2004 - 04:48
Or Kazaa Light, Kazaa Dark, Kazaa Reloaded, Kazaa Revolution, Kazaa SE, or KMD (Kazaa Massively Dangerous) :D ???
its God Like

Entity101
01-06-2004, 02:01 PM
* Added Doodles KL Config Wizard
Why add yet another VB dependent program? What&#39;s wrong with Rocko&#39;s version?

I also think that you should add the *.ocx controls. The majority of people doesn&#39;t have those. Just use the flags "onlyifdoesntexist" and "uninstneveruninstall"

isamma
01-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi lite
I need to report these pugs

1- In the front page ( web) there is nothing to display but The page cannot be displayed
2-in the search field there isn&#39;t a web search and in the p2p search when you press search the upper field shows (action cancelled) The page cannot be displayed
3-when you try to use kazupernodez to jump a super node while pressing shift key kazaa crashes and closes the program

4- I don&#39;t know if I am blind or not but I don&#39;t see any option of diet k

5-correct the entries in gktoolbar like in the config wizard and add shortcut to klboard

6-the name is an issue isn&#39;t it ( for legality purposes)
Name it at least KL2.6 rc8 for removing the confusion or do you have another opinion? B)

Kunal
01-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Nice Work

Lite
01-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Ive lisened to all of your problems and will release a updated RC9 tonight. I cant change the name though - needs GKtoolbar.exe updating, will get FTFakes on it though (but he is very busy&#33;).

The Name, was meant to be pronounced Godly-K&#33;

A few things i forgot to mention (sorry&#33;).

* Diet K has been removed&#33; - GK toolbar does what it was there for and does a better/ more stable job of it.

* Kazaa.exe And Magnet.exe are needed from an external source - just to keep sharman happy - our installer has the option to install and instantly remove all the uneeded componants - which is legal as all the KMD Terms say is that the third party componants must be installed.

* There is autosearch more present - it works only with the current tab though - will be with all soon

@ Rafi_D, yes there is autosearch more there

@ IKE, to keep it legal and a disagreement with Razz

@ isamma, ill fix your bugs in the next RC

@ xox shall include the runtimes, now that the package is pretty small now

@ Dale, i dont know about the webpage - should be a custom one, is there web&#092;godlyK.html present in the installation directory?

@ Bishtawiman, there is a Ip blocker present, with the latest Peer Guardian Database (it is smaller now - as they are cleaning up the list )

@ Mik3ll, yes the k-lite installer thing makes it legal

@ Erro403, Rockos version has the option to load Kazaa, which doesnt work for our version, but will see what i can do with it, maybe some renaming between Klr.exe and GKtoolbar.exe Its nice to see you show some support now though

@ All, i dont know why the webpage doesnt work - at the moment it does it the same way as DK, but programing that isnt easy, shall see what FTFakes says

Edit: Wow, a pretty long post

faianfrey
01-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Cant you make 2 or three packages one with all we need to run
and the others you like

Godlyk crashes when I open Kazaa Gui hacker :01: :(

JAWheat411
01-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Geez we don&#39;t need anymore packages. Just would mean more confusion. Just put those extra things that we need in the installer with option to install like the other stuff.

Entity101
01-06-2004, 06:52 PM
@ Erro403, Rockos version has the option to load Kazaa, which doesnt work for our version, but will see what i can do with it, maybe some renaming between Klr.exe and GKtoolbar.exe Its nice to see you show some support now though
Use the wizard (+defset.exe) from Clean KMD 260 and rename klr.exe to start.exe

The magnet.exe file is open-source&#33; So you can include that. But I don&#39;t think it works with clean versions, so it is better to leave it out completely. (nobody will use those hashes anyway)

Also the package would still be fully legal if you just leave out kazaa.exe and of course don&#39;t use the term "kazaa" in the package anywhere. Users can put that in the installation dir manually after installation.

FTFakes
01-06-2004, 06:55 PM
The start page seems to be a problem <_< it uses a java script redirection. This might be blocked on some computers or support for java is missing. I&#39;ll fix that asap.

btw...all download links seems to be down at the moment :blink:

@all please tell us what operating system you are using when reporting a bug. Thanks :)

Only
01-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Mirror for Godlyk here (http://myimages.fourvalve.com/asgards/).

Lite
01-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by JAWheat411@6 January 2004 - 18:46
Geez we don&#39;t need anymore packages.
this is the replacement of kazaa #klchat&#33;

Lite
01-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Error403@6 January 2004 - 18:52
Use the wizard (+defset.exe) from Clean KMD 260 and rename klr.exe to start.exe

The magnet.exe file is open-source&#33; So you can include that. But I don&#39;t think it works with clean versions, so it is better to leave it out completely. (nobody will use those hashes anyway)

Also the package would still be fully legal if you just leave out kazaa.exe and of course don&#39;t use the term "kazaa" in the package anywhere. Users can put that in the installation dir manually after installation
our package launches Gktoolbar.exe though, so shall rename the files to fit. I shall see what the magent link program does - if it works i shall include if not i shall not - its only about 40kb compressed anyway.

FTFakes
01-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Lite@6 January 2004 - 21:09
our package launches Gktoolbar.exe though, so shall rename the files to fit. I shall see what the magent link program does - if it works i shall include if not i shall not - its only about 40kb compressed anyway.
Magnet links work with GodlyK B)

Lite
01-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes+6 January 2004 - 19:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FTFakes @ 6 January 2004 - 19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@6 January 2004 - 21:09
Magnet links work with GodlyK B) [/b][/quote]
saves me a job :)

JAWheat411
01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
I was actually referring to this post

Originally posted by faianfrey+6 January 2004 - 18:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (faianfrey &#064; 6 January 2004 - 18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Cant you make 2 or three packages one with all we need to run
and the others you like ....
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-JAWheat411@6 January 2004 - 18:46
Geez we don&#39;t need anymore packages. [/quote]

Lite
01-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by JAWheat411+6 January 2004 - 19:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JAWheat411 @ 6 January 2004 - 19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by faianfrey@6 January 2004 - 18:33
Cant you make 2 or three packages one with all we need to run
and the others you like

Godlyk crashes when I open Kazaa Gui hacker :01:&nbsp; :(
<!--QuoteBegin-JAWheat411@6 January 2004 - 18:46
Geez we don&#39;t need anymore packages.
I was actually referring to this post [/b][/quote]
ok sorry, my fault :frusty: :frusty:

RavenSoft
01-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Bishtawiman@6 January 2004 - 02:27
heres just a question...
Over at http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?act=SC&c=8 (login probably required) there is a new firewall based program that is currently being tested. It will totally make using PG or your P2P software based filtering not needed. eWall blocks all communications with a blocked IP Address (TCP/UDP etc) while PG only blocks TCP. eWall is efficient, while PG is a cpu & memory hog (this is partly because eWall is informed of new packets by the driver rather than PG which actively examines the TCP stack for new packets)

In case you wanted to see what it looks like, here is a screenshot

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/ewallhelp/clip13.jpg

Current version is eWall v1.40.5012 *BETA 1* and the format looks basically the same as in that screenshot.

So far there have been 2 beta releases of this app, and it is working VERY VERY VERY good and totally puts PG to shame. It uses a *.p2p file like PG did. Its still in beta as new ideas are added and bugs get regulated. As soon as it is open for normal beta testers like people on the list I don&#39;t see why people on this forum would not want to try it out. I will be asking the developer if he has a problem if I announce the progress and maybe if anyone wants to help beta test can join the group. :01:

Lite
01-06-2004, 09:05 PM
looks/sounds good, wish i could get a copy :ph34r:

khatib
01-06-2004, 09:17 PM
hi
i am new to this but i think it is very good work you are doing
thank you all :D

isamma
01-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by khatib@6 January 2004 - 21:17
hi
i am new to this but i think it is very good work you are doing
thank you all :D
u will see alot here but wait to the next relice
:P

JAWheat411
01-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Sounds like winner to me. I know one of the biggest drawbacks I have using Peer Guardian is how it slows down my pc. I would love to test it.

EDIT: Also that link to Bluetack comes up empty

nsane
01-06-2004, 09:42 PM
FTFakes - the start page worked for me until i installed edexter, seems its the HOSTS file is blocking desktop.kazaa.com and thus just replaces the start page with the blank image, i think removing it from HOSTS should fix the start page prob...

ps. - altnet magnet links suck :P (if thats the magnet im thinkin of)

FTFakes
01-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by nsane@6 January 2004 - 23:42
FTFakes - the start page worked for me until i installed edexter, seems its the HOSTS file is blocking desktop.kazaa.com and thus just replaces the start page with the blank image, i think removing it from HOSTS should fix the start page prob...

ps. - altnet magnet links suck :P (if thats the magnet im thinkin of)
deskto.kazaa.com has to be blocked by the hosts file. i&#39;m not shure, but the problem might be that edexter installs a webservers and uses port 80. gktool also tries to listen on port 80 but fails if edexter is already running. you don&#39;t need edexter for kazaa as gktoolbar is doing the job.

i&#39;m currently working on the start page problem others had. should be fixed within the next hour(s).

rafi_d
01-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes@6 January 2004 - 22:58
i&#39;m currently working on the start page problem others had. should be fixed within the next hour(s).
@FTFakes:
autosearch-multi-tabs-cycle within minute(s) then, right? :) :P
I&#39;m paying 1&#036; for each additional tab... ;)

Lite
01-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by nsane@6 January 2004 - 21:42
it not that its because they both run webservers :ph34r: , i did try it earlier.

I shall release RC8b in about 30 minutes, nothing major just sorts out a few things

Edit: if i can get some webspace sorted, fourvalve is down, ill see what i can do

Jeffroiscool
01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
where are magnet links for? :blink:

Lite
01-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Jeffroiscool@6 January 2004 - 22:35
where are magnet links for? :blink:
there a hashing system Link (http://magnet-uri.sourceforge.net/)

FTFakes
01-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Lite@7 January 2004 - 00:14
[I shall release RC8b in about 30 minutes, nothing major just sorts out a few things

Edit: if i can get some webspace sorted, fourvalve is down, ill see what i can do
wait a few minutes and you can include a updated version of gktoolbar ;)
fixed the problem with the start page (i hope so :lol: )

Lite
01-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes+6 January 2004 - 22:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FTFakes @ 6 January 2004 - 22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@7 January 2004 - 00:14
[I shall release RC8b in about 30 minutes, nothing major just sorts out a few things

wait a few minutes and you can include a updated version of gktoolbar ;)
fixed the problem with the start page (i hope so :lol: ) [/b][/quote]
ok then hurry up please, gotta go to bed - mad tired mate and i need to manage to get it on the net somehow&#33;

nsane
01-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Lite - if its legal now, angelfire, xoom, etc. will host it

Edit: be sure to inlcude a readme file for the angelfire admins saying your the devolpoper and how its legal now, because they will delete it if they think its just a new kazaa lite

Lite
01-06-2004, 10:58 PM
angelfire sucks, so am not putting it on there, well its now called RC9 - updated/changed more things that i thought i would :lol: , give me 20 mins

Cryptic_Night
01-06-2004, 11:29 PM
I can&#39;t wait.

*sits on the edge of his seat*

Lite
01-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Cryptic_Night@6 January 2004 - 23:29
I can&#39;t wait.

*sits on the edge of his seat*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well everyone your wait is over :D , here it is RC9(see my first post):

Changes In RC9
==============
* Added Four Runtimes : COMDLG32.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, RICHTX32.OCX, TABCTL32.OCX
* Minor Fixes
* Renamed Somefiles
* Removed Doodles KLConfig Wizard
* Added Rockos KLConfig Wizard
* Updated Notes
* Updated GK Toolbar
* Changed Name (Again&#33;)
* Changed Default Installation Directories
* Changed Shortcut Names
* Updated K-lite Clean Installer
* KLCI Now Doesnt Need Downloading

I havent extensivly tested this version, but should work. Dont expect another version until atleast Thursday (unless there is a serious mistake i made), as i am sorting out my PC tomorrow

Cryptic_Night
01-06-2004, 11:38 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

*tosses Lite a cookie*

yonki
01-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Downloading this,do i NEED to install full kmd 2.6 or would it also work if in put the kazaa.exe file in the same directory?And changing the name back to k-lite,wont make it illegal again? :unsure:

Great Work

isamma
01-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Lite@5 January 2004 - 22:37
K- Lite v2.6 RC9 Now Avalible
Special Thanks To FTFakes :D

Download K-Lite v2.6 RC9 (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/klite/godlykrc9.exe) (1.89Mb)

Changes In RC9
==============
* Added Four Runtimes : COMDLG32.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, RICHTX32.OCX, TABCTL32.OCX
* Minor Fixes
* Renamed Somefiles
* Removed Doodles KLConfig Wizard
* Added Rockos KLConfig Wizard
* Updated Notes
* Updated GK Toolbar
* Changed Name (Again&#33;)
* Changed Default Installation Directories
* Changed Shortcut Names
* Updated K-lite Clean Installer
* KLCI NOw Doesnt Need Downloading

hi lite and special thxto ftfakes

pugs:
1-start bar(GK Toolbar) has the same problem as befor for the misslink of config again so i will post my link again as start bar in my hom page

2-still got the blank page for stat page keep on the good work :D B)

3-when you try to jump supernode using the k-lite icon the search more bar appears in the taffic for no reason? ;)

3- the problem using kazaupernodes for jumping to new node and pressing shift key still there? ;)

4-change the name of the package to k-lit 2.6 rc9 for example :blink:

@ i will add the link for the new package with extra kazaa.exe and magnet
in my home page B)

soooon :D B)

FTFakes
01-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by isamma@7 January 2004 - 02:24
2-still got the blank page for stat page keep on the good work :D&nbsp; B)
K-Lite shows a blank page? do you use edexter or any ohther program that uses port 80?

3-when you try to jump supernode using the k-lite icon the search more bar appears in the taffic for no reason? ;)
:blink: :lol: i&#39;ll fix that :lol:

3- the problem using kazaupernodes for jumping to new node and pressing shift key still there? ;)

it&#39;s still there...i&#39;ll fix that also.

already found some other bugs:
- search.html and start.html are missing in the web folder
- GKToolbar doesn&#39;t show speed up

Dale
01-07-2004, 12:52 AM
K-Lite shows a blank page? do you use edexter or any ohther program that uses port 80?

same problem here... i do not use Edexter or anything like that.... it does not use port 80

the supertrick does work... so there is no problem with that.. i&#39;ll wait. see if anything fixes it..

LemonHead2089
01-07-2004, 01:07 AM
hey does anyone know where i can get this &#39;eWall&#39; program? i jus took off peerguardian to get eWall... thanx

isamma
01-07-2004, 01:15 AM
sorry all i have problem with my site for now so
no updates for the moment ;)

as for me i don&#39;t use edexter and my operating sustem is win xp pro sp1 :rolleyes:

ps: dose outosearch more work our what
how can you be sure of that ;) :blink:

forget the ps it is working :lol: B)

JAWheat411
01-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by LemonHead2089@7 January 2004 - 01:07
hey does anyone know where i can get this &#39;eWall&#39; program? i jus took off peerguardian to get eWall... thanx
Yeah thats my thoughts exactly lol. I went to Bluetack and registered. even searched for it in the forums. I would really like to start using it.

YeCkeL
01-07-2004, 01:42 AM
YEs this EWALL i wanted to try it no luck hehe dudez is a regestred memeber of that forum but has onlymade one post hmmm.

http://members.xoom.it/Dudez

(If it is down)
http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:Yn6mL...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8 (http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:Yn6mLFzJycQJ:members.xoom.it/Dudez+eWall+p2p&hl=en&ie=UTF-8)

he is not read to release to public it looks like so just keep tight

RavenSoft
01-07-2004, 03:13 AM
Anyone wanting to help beta test the eWall program, you will need to go to http://www.bluetack.co.uk/ and register on the forums. From there contact seraphielx and let him know you want to beta test the app. Let him know I sent you. The reason you must register is so you can provide feedback on the app, otherwise I would just have everyone message me and I would give out the app. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. Otherwise go register and pm seraphielx at bluetack and you should get on the beta testing forum. :01:

isamma
01-07-2004, 04:40 AM
ok my site is up again if you need the k-lite2.6 rc9 and kazaa.exe go to my web page and download it :D

for the modified startbar(gktoolbar) u can fine it on the site too :D B)

one thing i have to mension about auto search more . it dosen&#39;t work when you choose for example files larger than 100,000bk or so what is the prob ;) :blink:

i will go on testing in all aspects :( :blink: B)

erRor67
01-07-2004, 05:33 AM
Ok, my minor is up. It currently has Kazaa Media Desktop, Kazaa Plus, Kazaa Lite, Kazaa Resurected, Kazaa Godlyk RC8, K-Lite RC9, Kazaa.exe and Magnet.exe (required files for RC8 & RC9), Codec Packs, Real Alternative, Quick Time Alternative, VB Runtime files and a collection of Kazaa tools.

Oh yeah, the kazaa.exe is hacked so the icons of it are kazaa lite icons not KMD icons :D

Nost
01-07-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Bishtawiman@7 January 2004 - 06:33
Ok, my minor is up. It currently has Kazaa Media Desktop, Kazaa Plus, Kazaa Lite, Kazaa Resurected, Kazaa Godlyk RC8, K-Lite RC9, Kazaa.exe and Magnet.exe (required files for RC8 & RC9), Codec Packs, Real Alternative, Quick Time Alternative, VB Runtime files and a collection of Kazaa tools.

Oh yeah, the kazaa.exe is hacked so the icons of it are kazaa lite icons not KMD icons :D

So if I install rc9 do I have to manually put Kazaa.exe & Magnet.exe into the program folder after installation?

nsane
01-07-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Nost+6 January 2004 - 23:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nost &#064; 6 January 2004 - 23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bishtawiman@7 January 2004 - 06:33

So if I install rc9 do I have to manually put Kazaa.exe & Magnet.exe into the program folder after installation? [/b][/quote]
:smoke:

erRor67
01-07-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Nost+6 January 2004 - 21:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nost @ 6 January 2004 - 21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bishtawiman@7 January 2004 - 06:33

Oh yeah, the kazaa.exe is hacked so the icons of it are kazaa lite icons not KMD icons&nbsp; :D

So if I install rc9 do I have to manually put Kazaa.exe & Magnet.exe into the program folder after installation? [/b][/quote]
yeah since it isnt included in the installer since this program is supposibly legal. You can get kazaa.exe and magnet.exe from the origonal KMD installation or you can just get the two files from one of the minors out here. Mine or the one in the post before me have the files i know.
But whats cool about my kazaa.exe is that its hacked so it has kazaa lite icons not KMD icons but its still basiclly the same. The link for my site is in my sig.
laters

Nost
01-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Bishtawiman+7 January 2004 - 07:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishtawiman @ 7 January 2004 - 07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Nost@6 January 2004 - 21:52
<!--QuoteBegin-Bishtawiman@7 January 2004 - 06:33

So if I install rc9 do I have to manually put Kazaa.exe & Magnet.exe into the program folder after installation?
yeah since it isnt included in the installer since this program is supposibly legal. You can get kazaa.exe and magnet.exe from the origonal KMD installation or you can just get the two files from one of the minors out here. Mine or the one in the post before me have the files i know.
But whats cool about my kazaa.exe is that its hacked so it has kazaa lite icons not KMD icons but its still basiclly the same. The link for my site is in my sig.
laters [/b][/quote]
Thanks&#33;

nsane
01-07-2004, 06:34 AM
@FTFake - the startpage doesn&#39;t load for me in win98, the user config opens bad ip updater in the ini, and the badipupdater is still set for the GodlyK folder

Lite
01-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Well i messed up and ill admit it :rolleyes: , so here is a bug fix release - RC9B:

Changes In RC9b
===============
* Fixed Program Name
* Changed Default Settings
* Minor Fixes

See my first post for link

DarkJedi1337
01-07-2004, 09:37 AM
i wish that you guys could add support for SP2 for Windows XP as it never loads when you try to start the program. Kazaa Lite works just fine though.

Lite
01-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by DarkJedi1337@7 January 2004 - 09:37
i wish that you guys could add support for SP2 for Windows XP as it never loads when you try to start the program. Kazaa Lite works just fine though.
why are you using a BETA service pack&#33; stop using it and itll work&#33;

DarkJedi1337
01-07-2004, 10:00 AM
<< beta tester

asmithz
01-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Lite+7 January 2004 - 01:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite &#064; 7 January 2004 - 01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarkJedi1337@7 January 2004 - 09:37
i wish that you guys could add support for SP2 for Windows XP as it never loads when you try to start the program.&nbsp; Kazaa Lite works just fine though.
why are you using a BETA service pack&#33; stop using it and itll work&#33; [/b][/quote]
Yeah SP2, that is as bad as having a virus. Reformat and don&#39;t get sp2 again.

@Lite should i uninstall the old version (9) and then install (9b) or just install over?

isamma
01-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Nice changes in the name and links

I think that we need a link to klboard in the toolbar
And another command to create a shortcut to my shared folder on the desk top as in the old kazza lite 2.4.3 don&#39;t you think?? B)

Lite
01-07-2004, 10:20 AM
yes uninstall older versions before installing&#33; would release RC9c, a few more minor changes/ bug fixes that ive noticed, but not at home, will do when i get back in

isamma
01-07-2004, 10:51 AM
nice work (lite,ftfakes)

I have noticed that when you open GUI hacker k-lite go to traffic which is nice thing so u may need to include it in the autostart and auto close of the toolbar :rolleyes:

Ps: my previous remarks about kazaaupernodes , auotsearchmore( when u customize search I mean) and webpage are the same as before :blink: B)

StyleWarz
01-07-2004, 11:01 AM
@Lite
New version RC9B is working great... Thanks a lot&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

asmithz
01-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Those fucks changed KMD 2.6, thers more advertisement. Are you going to take care of it. ;)

isamma
01-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Agent Smith@7 January 2004 - 11:55
Those fucks changed KMD 2.6, thers more advertisement. Are you going to take care of it. ;)

get it cleand from my site :D

@ i have added klboard to the toolbar

Dale
01-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Agent Smith@7 January 2004 - 11:55
i dont notice any adds... where do you see them?

Dale
01-07-2004, 03:11 PM
i found a mistake.. when i searched.. in the add bar.. there is the start page :P and the start page still doesn&#39;t load.. heheh

http://www.members.shaw.ca/kazaalite/oops/mistake.JPG

EDIT: forgot to mention version 9b

eeemm2001
01-07-2004, 04:08 PM
I keep getting the same error when on startup. :helpsmile:

run-time error 10048
address in use

The toolbar closes and Kazaa continue to work without it. Unlike dale&#39;s picture i don&#39;t have in the search tab autosearch-more.

My OS is "windows me"
I tried both rc9 and rc9b.

Lite
01-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Dale@7 January 2004 - 15:11
i found a mistake.. when i searched.. in the add bar.. there is the start page :P and the start page still doesn&#39;t load.. heheh

yeh, i noticed that, thats one of the things that i was talking about to fix it RC9C.

@ Dale, i think its in the search :unsure:

@ eeemm2001, seeing as RC9/RC9B, do NOT use GKtoolbar, but they use klite/ start.exe, i think you should uninstall all your olders versions and then try again

FTFakes
01-07-2004, 05:06 PM
I&#39;ve tried to fix the start page problem and modified the config wizard a bit: rc9startfix.zip (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/klite/rc9startfix.zip)

Entity101
01-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Such a huge hosts file will cause problems for some users.

Entity101
01-07-2004, 05:28 PM
And why am I called a fool? This package didn&#39;t even exist yet when I made those pinned topics. :frusty:

Anyways, I am also building a legal package. Some highlights:

- It can update K++ installations.
- It can easily be modded into a &#39;full&#39; installer or even to include extra tools.
- It will have all the good features of the current cleaned 2.6 builds. Including Godly-k.
- It will put itself in the shared folder

asmithz
01-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Error403@7 January 2004 - 09:28
And why am I called a fool? This package didn&#39;t even exist yet when I made those pinned topics. :frusty:

Anyways, I am also building a legal package. Some highlights:

- It can update K++ installations.
- It can easily be modded into a &#39;full&#39; installer or even to include extra tools.
- It will have all the good features of the current cleaned 2.6 builds. Including Godly-k.
- It will put itself in the shared folder
:angry: Another version :P Nah i don&#39;t care, it be cool what you come up with. Mabey you should help Lite and FTFakes with "godlyk". It may be more productive.

@Lite, when i said do i need to uninstall then install the new version, i meant KMD 2.6. It dosent get changed so do i need to download and install each time.

Lite
01-07-2004, 05:41 PM
This topic needs naming To K-Lite v2.6 B) , shall get someone onto it&#33;#

Just like to (kindly) remind you Error403, if you have to idea of including it (from the Terms):

The Usage Of Ktoolbar.exe In Another Distrabution/Installer Is Illegal

your package sounds pretty good, although looks like we will have competition :angry: <_<

RC9C should be ready soon

@ Smith, no you dont need to uninstall KMD

eeemm2001
01-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Lite+7 January 2004 - 16:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 7 January 2004 - 16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dale@7 January 2004 - 15:11

yeh, i noticed that, thats one of the things that i was talking about to fix it RC9C.

@ Dale, i think its in the search :unsure:

@ eeemm2001, seeing as RC9/RC9B, do NOT use GKtoolbar, but they use klite/ start.exe, i think you should uninstall all your olders versions and then try again [/b][/quote]
Before installing I did uninstall to the older version.
I would NOT put two versions of kazaa on my computer at the same time.
If i start the progrem 3 time in arrow (without closing) it works fine and I don&#39;t get the error on the third time.
By the way great work on the progrem. :)

Entity101
01-07-2004, 05:44 PM
KToolbar gives errors about a (tiny) webserver: address in use.

asmithz
01-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Dale+7 January 2004 - 07:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dale @ 7 January 2004 - 07:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smith@7 January 2004 - 11:55
i dont notice any adds... where do you see them? [/b][/quote]
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/smithz/search.gif

Lite
01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
i dont see those bars :blink:

asmithz
01-07-2004, 06:06 PM
It wasent there for rc9a but when i uninstalled KMD 2.6 and downloaded again for rc9b. Then it was there. ;)

RileyF
01-07-2004, 06:09 PM
hmz that&#39;s strange :blink: well i like the blue theme :P

btw just go with regedit to channel key and delete the contents there, that should work :)

RauL
01-07-2004, 06:09 PM
uuuhhmm weird, I dont see those with RC9a

Lite
01-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Agent Smith@7 January 2004 - 18:06
It wasent there for rc9a but when i uninstalled KMD 2.6 and downloaded again for rc9b. Then it was there. ;)
ahh sharman modifying there software :angry: :angry: , shall see what i/ FTFakes can do about the latest version (if that if the problem) or just your PC, agent do me a favour and get a version of #klchat (theres some on your FTP still, if you dont have a version) and see if its still there and use the kazaa.exe out of there

BTW.... Get your board sorted..... Please ;)

Edit: to make it make sense&#33;

Lite
01-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Well RC9c is now avalible, nothing major, just a few minor things, RC10 will be the next major release and should be avalible in the next 2-3 days, until then i will update the package, with minor fixes as i (or you) notice them.

Changes In RC9c
============
* Fixed Search Page
* Updated Our Loader
* Updated Config Wizard
* Changed Some Defualt Settings
* Changed Number Of Search Results To 999
* Fixed Uninstaller Name
* Minor Fixes

Wait untill i upload it, 20-30 minutes ;)

asmithz
01-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Lite+7 January 2004 - 10:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 7 January 2004 - 10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smith@7 January 2004 - 18:06
ahh sharman modifying there software :angry: :angry: , shall see what i/ FTFakes can do about the latest version (if that if the problem) or just your PC, agent do me a favour and get a version of #klchat (theres some on your FTP still, if you dont have a version) and see if its still there and use the kazaa.exe out of there

BTW.... Get your board sorted..... Please ;)

Edit: to make it make sense&#33; [/b][/quote]
Yeah, its not there. Sharemen just changed there software. ;)

Anywayz, i think i am just going to use -net weiser- to host the site from now on. The forum, is getting stupid. I need a host that dosen&#39;t go down all the time and -net weiser- said it never goes down. What do you think? (you most likly will set up something with FTF :P thats cool )

;)

Lite
01-07-2004, 06:35 PM
dam sharman suck :angry: , ill sort it out later now - cant be arsed re-uploading RC9c, wait till RC10 and ill sort it then.

check your pms for the bit about your site ;)

[/Offtopic]

Doggie
01-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Lite@7 January 2004 - 18:35
dam sharman suck&nbsp; :angry: , ill sort it out later now - cant be arsed re-uploading RC9c, wait till RC10 and ill sort it then.

check your pms for the bit about your site&nbsp; ;)

[/Offtopic]
For me (using Blueyonder dialup in the UK), your domain name (kppdata.twizt3d.com) has been unresolvable for about 24 hours.

If you remember, I had the problem with SERVICES at 99% CPU usage?
I scanned for viruses, trojans and spyware. AdAware found a surprising amount of spyware, but even when I got rid of it, the problem remained.

After Error304 mentioned the length of the HOSTS file being a potential problem, I cut out all the non-Kazaa sites and the problem disappeared. I thought it might be interacting with my Firewall, but switching it off didn&#39;t help.

Hope that helps and thanks again for the work you&#39;ve put in.

Lite
01-07-2004, 07:12 PM
ok, i shall reduce the amount of HOSTS entries, btw good to see you got it sorted :D

JAWheat411
01-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth about some little bugs in the release that I am using. (godlykrc9b.exe).

1) My start page is blank as well

2) The first icons from the left on the toolbar are blank (on my pc it shows a rectangle with a ICO in it) which I think is a registered file type of ACDsee. These icons have been blank for several releases now. It is the Kazaa and the My shared folder icon. Note these icons do work when you click on them.

Other than that I believe everything is working great.

Thats the only 2 things that annoyed me lol.

Lite
01-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Try RC9c JAWheat411, the startpage bug should be sorted. The Second problem is unkown to me, shall look into it though

JAWheat411
01-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Lite@7 January 2004 - 19:41
Try RC9c JAWheat411, the startpage bug should be sorted. The Second problem is unkown to me, shall look into it though
Thanks but nope my start page is still blank. Not a page cannot be found or anything just blank. Do I need to completely uninstall Kazaa also for this upgrade from B to C. I did uninstall the k-lite program first.
Also weird thing about those icons. I can&#39;t figure it out.

Lite
01-07-2004, 08:06 PM
yes uninstall all older versions before upgrading

McBickens
01-07-2004, 08:07 PM
with RC9c you don&#39;t need peer guardina right?

nsane
01-07-2004, 08:14 PM
you can use peer guardian, but itll just block all the bad ip&#39;s in every program that accesses the internet

i just use BadIPUpdater with the peer guardian list and itll only block kazaa from the bad ip&#39;s

McBickens
01-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by nsane@7 January 2004 - 20:14
you can use peer guardian, but itll just block all the bad ip&#39;s in every program that accesses the internet

i just use BadIPUpdater with the peer guardian list and itll only block kazaa from the bad ip&#39;s
thanks

another question: in RC9c why are all the ads back again? Is something wrong with my hosts file? Start up page is also Sharmans&#39;

Lite
01-07-2004, 08:34 PM
errm, very strange, startpage is definatly blocked by the hosts and so are the others - they are also replaced by out &#39;loader&#39;

{I}{K}{E}
01-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Is there a way I can disable/delete that ugly &#39;toolbar&#39;?
PLEASE make it optional &#33;

I see a banner in the search section ?&#33;?&#33;?

btw. why is kazaa.exe not included?

Lite
01-07-2004, 08:43 PM
kazaa.exe isnt included for legalality reasons ;)

Pm FTFakes and ask him (very nicely) what he can do about the toolbar

Edit: look like sharman updated there dam add server :angry: , shall sort it in RC10 and the toolbar you should just load loader.exe instead of start.exe - but then you would lose much of the functionality :(

internet.news
01-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Very pleased to hear K-Lite 2.6 ;)

It seems that many people developing now many enw versions from K++.

Nice Nice...

McBickens
01-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Lite@7 January 2004 - 20:43
kazaa.exe isnt included for legalality reasons ;)

Pm FTFakes and ask him (very nicely) what he can do about the toolbar

Edit: look like sharman updated there dam add server :angry: , shall sort it in RC10 and the toolbar you should just load loader.exe instead of start.exe - but then you would lose much of the functionality :(
so the problem is not on my end, with the ads?

Lite
01-07-2004, 09:49 PM
yeh, there should only be one add though - above the search feild&#33;

Entity101
01-07-2004, 10:26 PM
KMD Lite (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST&f=47&t=92739)

Wizzandabe
01-07-2004, 10:30 PM
OK, so i installed that one ^ how the heck to you run it, as it dont even load up :huh:

Entity101
01-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Follow the instructions at the end of the installer&#33;

Wizzandabe
01-07-2004, 10:36 PM
oh, dam just rushed it lol, will do chears.

Lite
01-07-2004, 10:47 PM
your version seems eery to me Error403, just doesnt seem right

@ Wizzandabe, why not try the version on the first page - you need some files from there anyway :rolleyes:

asmithz
01-07-2004, 10:49 PM
yeah error, it is kinda wierd.

Lite
01-07-2004, 10:54 PM
i forgot to mention the bugs in there, theres quite a few :rolleyes:

Entity101
01-07-2004, 10:55 PM
What&#39;s weird and what are the bugs?

I have spend a lot of time on it.

Lite
01-07-2004, 11:00 PM
supertrick is always applied for one, in the web folder they are some random files, including some from my version :rolleyes: , i noticed some more before, but forgot them :angry:

its just the feel of the package that feels &#39;wrong&#39; (dont ask me why, it just seems it&#33;). Also i would like to point out the name you are using was used by DJ_mortal, so i dont know if you want to change it or not :smilie4:

asmithz
01-07-2004, 11:01 PM
The instuctions don&#39;t give enogh info.

What do you do with the .iss file. I tried to compile but it dosen&#39;t. I edit the .iss file and still it didn&#39;t work.

I got it to work by changing loader.exe to start.exe, but it is just plane KMD 2.6 without spyware.

Entity101
01-07-2004, 11:05 PM
supertrick is always applied for one, in the web folder they are some random files, including some from my version&nbsp; , i noticed some more before, but forgot them&nbsp;
There are 2 parts of the supertrick. One for blocking just the ads in Kazaa, the other is the regular one.
And your package also contains stuff from other packages. I just took bits and pieces from the various ones.

What do you do with the .iss file. I tried to compile but it dosen&#39;t. I edit the .iss file and still it didn&#39;t work.
Put all the required files in the same dir as the script and compile it with ISTool.

Lite
01-07-2004, 11:06 PM
me and FTFakes would appriate if you remove start.exe from your iss <_<

Vargas
01-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Error403@7 January 2004 - 22:55
What&#39;s weird and what are the bugs?
one thing i noticed, in the bat files:
you could change

del 200?????.txt
to
if exist 200?????.txt del 200?????.txt

so it doesn&#39;t give an error message if no files are there

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn&#39;t echo the error message or pause, the way you have it, don&#39;t mind me :frusty:

carry on. . .

Entity101
01-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Lite@7 January 2004 - 23:06
me and FTFakes would appriate if you remove start.exe from your iss <_<
Since when is it illegal to use the text start.exe?

Also why does my package bother you so much?

{I}{K}{E}
01-07-2004, 11:17 PM
I hope Error can make a good build, with the help of some people...
so please stop creating all your own version and unite and make a BUG free BUILD :P

{I}{K}{E}

asmithz
01-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Error403@7 January 2004 - 15:05

supertrick is always applied for one, in the web folder they are some random files, including some from my version&nbsp; , i noticed some more before, but forgot them&nbsp;
There are 2 parts of the supertrick. One for blocking just the ads in Kazaa, the other is the regular one.
And your package also contains stuff from other packages. I just took bits and pieces from the various ones.

Put all the required files in the same dir as the script and compile it with ISTool.
Did, but it didn&#39;t work. ;)

@Lite, i don&#39;t think you own start.exe

Lite
01-07-2004, 11:19 PM
start.exe is the current name used by our ktoolbar, which is made by FTFakes, i would appriate the name to be changed atleast

{I}{K}{E}
01-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Lite@7 January 2004 - 23:19
start.exe is the current name used by our ktoolbar, which is made by FTFakes, so i think it is ours ;)
who cares?

are you alowed to edit kazaa???? :P
(did you ask the creators of all the tools if you could add them to your installer?)

{I}{K}{E}

btw. I&#39;m not defending what Error says... I just want you developers to unite :P

Entity101
01-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Lite@7 January 2004 - 23:19
start.exe is the current name used by our ktoolbar, which is made by FTFakes, i would appriate the name to be changed atleast
If I remember correctly another build used that name BEFORE you guys did.

If it makes you happy I will recommend your build in all the pinned topics, so you can get a nice hard cock of satisfaction. :frusty:

RauL
01-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Error403+8 January 2004 - 01:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Error403 @ 8 January 2004 - 01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@7 January 2004 - 23:19
If I remember correctly another build used that name BEFORE you guys did.

If it makes you happy I will recommend your build in all the pinned topics, so you can get a nice hard cock of satisfaction. :frusty: [/b][/quote]
yeah , perhaps that will do :lol:

grow up&#33; both sides , cant you just help you each other :01:
side by side

united we are invencible :ph34r:

FTFakes
01-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, I can&#39;t see anything in Error403&#39;s build what I would call development. It&#39;s simply a tool collection. I don&#39;t know why anybody should use this version as it contains almost the same tools as our build. And if you use my start.exe it will turn KMD Lite into K-Lite anyway :lol:

nsane
01-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Error403 :mad3:, your build just sucks, and you say it&#39;s better than K-Lite, when its really :shit: :D

@Lite - the BadIPUpdater is still set to C:&#092;Program Files&#092;GodlyK&#092;BannedIPs.exe in the ini

DawG_M
01-08-2004, 12:34 AM
The new K-lite is great. Great job Lite.
Couple of bugs i found:
1. Startpage is still blank.
2.Whenever u try to change something in the options and press Ok/apply a message pops up: "The setting for maxium search results must be between 1 and 200"

And also what is the "Kazaa" shortcut for in the tools menu or on the k-toolbar for.
I press on it and nothing happens.

Also if you could make the the K-toolbar optional that would be great.
:rolleyes:

Win xp sp1 and rc9c

asmithz
01-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by FTFakes@7 January 2004 - 16:28
Well, I can&#39;t see anything in Error403&#39;s build what I would call development. It&#39;s simply a tool collection. I don&#39;t know why anybody should use this version as it contains almost the same tools as our build. And if you use my start.exe it will turn KMD Lite into K-Lite anyway :lol:
I understand why your saying that, but error made a totally leagal package. Its not a hacked version of KMD, but everything you need to hack it quick.

gggles
01-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Smith, is your site down? I can&#39;t seem to get to it?????

isamma
01-08-2004, 12:51 AM
hi all

i have the new release of k-lite2.6 and updated toolbar with 2 other links(klboard,and dat-view) on my site :)

FTFakes
01-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Agent Smith+8 January 2004 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 8 January 2004 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FTFakes@7 January 2004 - 16:28
Well, I can&#39;t see anything in Error403&#39;s build what I would call development. It&#39;s simply a tool collection. I don&#39;t know why anybody should use this version as it contains almost the same tools as our build. And if you use my start.exe it will turn KMD Lite into K-Lite anyway&nbsp; :lol:
I understand why your saying that, but error made a totally leagal package. Its not a hacked version of KMD, but everything you need to hack it quick. [/b][/quote]
error403 can do whatever he wants. i can&#39;t prevent him from doing anything. but why does he post his versions in this thread? take our version and delete the start.exe and you will have almost the same features. our build had the same development state weeks ago. everybody is talking about useless builds. well, i think this one is really useless. sorry, but that&#39;s my opinion.

isamma
01-08-2004, 01:29 AM
OK lite and FTFakes B)

I have these Bugs and remarks about the new version :D

1st Bugs

1-webpage is blank nothing there ;)

2-autosearchmore doesn&#39;t work if you choose (the advanced search ) with any spics :unsure:

3-no web search is found <_<

4-again the same problem when using kazaupernodez for jumping to new super node pressing shift key (the program crashes) ;)

2nd remarks and suggestions

1-why don&#39;t you add an option to create a shortcut to my shared folder on the desk top as in the old kazza lite 2.4.3 ;) B)

2-I have noticed that when you open GUI hacker k-lite go to traffic so can&#39;t you add some command to go traffic when you start k-lite2.6 as in the kazaa lite 2.4.3 version :rolleyes:

3- please Include some explaining for us on how to work with the new included
Tools like autosearchmore fore example (I&#39;ve used it and I don&#39;t know when dose it work and when it doesn&#39;t) :blink:

Dale
01-08-2004, 02:34 AM
never mind... sorry. didn&#39;t read it was posted before :P

erRor67
01-08-2004, 06:00 AM
Ok, my minor is up. It now has K-Lite V.2.6 RC9C

or direct link,
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman/kliterc9c.exe

aadhu
01-08-2004, 06:49 AM
still cant get search page and also one more bug when i tick auto search more kazaa crashes..... :(

nsane
01-08-2004, 07:52 AM
i updated my site, i now have Kazaa.exe & Magnet.exe, ill be adding a few other things in a minute...

Lite
01-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by DawG_M@8 January 2004 - 00:34
Whenever u try to change something in the options and press Ok/apply a message pops up: "The setting for maxium search results must be between 1 and 200"
errm strangw, it says to enter a 3 digit number on mine&#33; thats why i changed it to 921

Ive seen the bugs so shall release RC9d when im back home

Entity101
01-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by FTFakes@8 January 2004 - 00:28
Same applies for your build. It only has two new things. KToolbar, which you don&#39;t allow others to use (While you use others works, nice community...). The second thing is the downloading and cleaning of Kazaa, for which I chose a different method.

I am not saying that your build sucks. Even though there are things that can be improved. I rather give some suggestions.

For KToolbar:

- Add option to show/hide the toolbar. The now empty options dialog would be a good place to put the option.
- Add option to nable/disable the build-in webserver.
- The first item in the toolbar is Kazaa itself. Pretty pointless since it is already running now. Maybe option to hide items.

nsane
01-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Lite+8 January 2004 - 04:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite &#064; 8 January 2004 - 04:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DawG_M@8 January 2004 - 00:34
Whenever u try to change something in the options and press Ok/apply a message pops up: "The setting for maxium search results must be between 1 and 200"
errm strangw, it says to enter a 3 digit number on mine&#33; thats why i changed it to 921

Ive seen the bugs so shall release RC9d when im back home [/b][/quote]
i just edit it in regedit and set it to 999999999 (hex)

@Everyone - i now have my own little KL-Extension Setup on my site where only the options that work in 2.6 are active in the begining so you dont have to worry about all em being whacked out and crashing kazaa, i hope anyways :blink:

Entity101
01-08-2004, 12:05 PM
The supernodes control the amount of search results.

RavenSoft
01-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I don&#39;t know if anyone has had this problem, but when I had 2.6 latest installed and put kazaa and magnet .exe&#39;s in and ran the program, I got to errors on startup and 2 errors on exiting. something about address in use or something weird like that. Then kazaa would turn on but no startpage or anything. I used kazaa.exe from the klchat rc4. :helpsmile:

nsane
01-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by RavenSoft@8 January 2004 - 06:06
I don&#39;t know if anyone has had this problem, but when I had 2.6 latest installed and put kazaa and magnet .exe&#39;s in and ran the program, I got to errors on startup and 2 errors on exiting. something about address in use or something weird like that. Then kazaa would turn on but no startpage or anything. I used kazaa.exe from the klchat rc4. :helpsmile:
it&#39;s start.exe trying to force the K-Lite startpage, try using loader.exe to open kazaa till RC9D comes out

Lite
01-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by nsane+8 January 2004 - 12:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsane @ 8 January 2004 - 12:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RavenSoft@8 January 2004 - 06:06
I don&#39;t know if anyone has had this problem, but when I had 2.6 latest installed and put kazaa and magnet .exe&#39;s in and ran the program, I got to errors on startup and 2 errors on exiting. something about address in use or something weird like that. Then kazaa would turn on but no startpage or anything. I used kazaa.exe from the klchat rc4.&nbsp; :helpsmile:
it&#39;s start.exe trying to force the K-Lite startpage, try using loader.exe to open kazaa till RC9D comes out [/b][/quote]
that one will not be fixed till RC10 - its a Ktoolbar problem ;)

Dale
01-08-2004, 03:12 PM
@Everyone - i now have my only little KL-Extension Setup on my site where only the options that work in 2.6 are active in the begining so you dont have to worry about all em being whacked out and crashing kazaa, i hope anyways

it still crashes :P

noneofexion
01-08-2004, 05:27 PM
rc9c lookin good B) :
aside from the same startpage issues everyone seems to be having, the system tray icon doesn&#39;t work quite right... when you click it the kazaa window is restored but its not in the foreground. if i have another program open, instead of opening and coming to the front like it should, it restores behind it.

Lite
01-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Dale@8 January 2004 - 15:12

@Everyone - i now have my only little KL-Extension Setup on my site where only the options that work in 2.6 are active in the begining so you dont have to worry about all em being whacked out and crashing kazaa, i hope anyways

it still crashes :P
agreed

Lite
01-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Well RC9d is now here, nothing major, just fixed a few bugs/ added a few things

Changes In RC9d
===============
* Updated Terms - Please Read&#33;
* Removed Terms Link Shortcuts
* Added "Options"
* Fixed Updater Link
* Added Missing Webpage
* Added Option For My Shared Folder Icons
* Removed "Launch K-Lite" From Config Wizard
* Updated Banned IP&#39;s
* Minor Fixes

See my first post for the download link as usual B)

asmithz
01-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Lite@8 January 2004 - 10:40
Well RC9d is now here, nothing major, just fixed a few bugs/ added a few things

Changes In RC9d
===============
* Updated Terms - Please Read&#33;
* Removed Terms Link Shortcuts
* Added "Options"
* Fixed Updater Link
* Added Missing Webpage
* Added Option For My Shared Folder Icons
* Removed "Launch K-Lite" From Config Wizard
* Updated Banned IP&#39;s
* Minor Fixes

See my first post for the download link as usual B)
One every day again :P

Lite
01-08-2004, 06:58 PM
yep, until all the bugs are sorted in the versions it will be mostly a dialy thing - but only very minor things like what i have done though ;)

Also pm me when you get your site sorted ;)

nsane
01-08-2004, 07:06 PM
RC9D is now on my site, plus a kazaa.exe & magnet.exe installer i made

{I}{K}{E}
01-08-2004, 08:26 PM
no link is made in the startmenu for BadIPUpdater.

McBickens
01-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Running RC9D:

one computer: loads with two errors "K-Lite web server error: Address in use"
--as this has been discuessed before, i&#39;m not concerned

second computer: no error, all ads show up, sharman&#39;s start page appears
I&#39;ve:
--restrated the computer
--uninstalled and reinstalled RC9D
No Luck: Does anyone have any ideas?
Also, where is the hosts file located so I can delete it and try replacing it, perhaps it is something with the way it is merging??

thanks for the help

Lite
01-08-2004, 09:19 PM
the webserver problem should be sorted soon, the HOSTS is in (on win xp/2k) x:&#092;windows&#092;system32&#092;drivers&#092;etc

Edit: i have rared the hosts file, you can try replacin the current one, and see if it works then Link (http://myimages.fourvalve.com/lite/HOSTS.rar)

Entity101
01-08-2004, 09:33 PM
If you use a proxy for http then the hosts file is bypassed.

McBickens
01-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Lite@8 January 2004 - 21:19
the webserver problem should be sorted soon, the HOSTS is in (on win xp/2k) x:&#092;windows&#092;system32&#092;drivers&#092;etc

Edit: i have rared the hosts file, you can try replacin the current one, and see if it works then Link (http://myimages.fourvalve.com/lite/HOSTS.rar)
many thanks lite
replacing the hosts file with the rared one worked
error403: not using a proxy, so I&#39;m not sure what the problem was, but at any rate it&#39;s fixed

thanks again

isamma
01-09-2004, 12:15 AM
hi again for all lovers of K-Lite

my website is up again with the newest verion :D

i have the khancer with 2 extra things in my site too :D

i have one comment about creating my shared folder on desk top
it realy missy plz correct it lite ;) B)

i will go on testing :lol:

erRor67
01-09-2004, 02:53 AM
Yeah, my minor is now updated. Get K-Lite v2.6 RC9D here,
or direct download,
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman/klite26rc9d.exe

cheers&#33; B)

Flaboy
01-09-2004, 03:52 AM
Guys -- are the vbruntime files that were needed for earlier builds of klchat needed for the latest K-Lite v2.6 RC9D as well? Are they needed for all versions of K-Lite or just if a particular build doesn&#39;t work right?

This is the only thing I&#39;m confused about -- at the moment. :rolleyes:

Thanks...

Flaboy

erRor67
01-09-2004, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Flaboy@8 January 2004 - 19:52
Guys -- are the vbruntime files that were needed for earlier builds of klchat needed for the latest K-Lite v2.6 RC9D as well? Are they needed for all versions of K-Lite or just if a particular build doesn&#39;t work right?

This is the only thing I&#39;m confused about -- at the moment. :rolleyes:

Thanks...

Flaboy
Well, the vbruntime files that are needed for Klchat are still needed for Godlyk and k-Lite. K-lite, however, includes these needed files so you dont need to go looking for them. Other programs too need these files so its not just kazaa

Flaboy
01-09-2004, 04:57 AM
Thanks Bishtawiman. Like your mirror. :D

Flaboy

nsane
01-09-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by McBickens@8 January 2004 - 15:02
Running RC9D:

one computer: loads with two errors "K-Lite web server error: Address in use"
--as this has been discuessed before, i&#39;m not concerned

second computer: no error, all ads show up, sharman&#39;s start page appears
I&#39;ve:
--restrated the computer
--uninstalled and reinstalled RC9D
&nbsp; No Luck: Does anyone have any ideas?
Also, where is the hosts file located so I can delete it and try replacing it, perhaps it is something with the way it is merging??

thanks for the help
1. the address error will not br resloved until RC10 when FTFakes makes an update b, c, & d are all updates by Lite

2. try running Kazaa Cleanup from my site, might help with the ads...sounds like xupiter though go to Remove Xupiter (http://www.removexupiter.com)

@Everyone - I made a BIG update to my site, most packages are now installers instead of zip files :smoke:

da_dancel
01-09-2004, 11:28 AM
duno wether this is the right thread to post my question but i&#39;ll do it anyways:

first of all: keep up the good work guys, you made some major improvements.......&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; (Y)

Is it possible to implement some of the functions of the K-lite 2.4.3 like: resume pause/ etc all downloads, the accelerator?

isamma
01-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by da_dancel@9 January 2004 - 11:28
duno wether this is the right thread to post my question but i&#39;ll do it anyways:

first of all: keep up the good work guys, you made some major improvements.......&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; (Y)

Is it possible to implement some of the functions of the K-lite 2.4.3 like: resume pause/ etc all downloads, the accelerator?
this is what lite and ftfakes are seeking to do :rolleyes: :huh: B)

StyleWarz
01-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Kazaa Speedup Pro

http&#58;//www.openwares.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=&func=fileinfo&parent=folder&filecatid=13

Works great... Maybe an alternative for FTA??? :unsure:

rafi_d
01-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Looks like this IS (I think) the old FTA with a new version for the V2.6 ...

No_carrier
01-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Hmm. Just loaded up the latest version and it won&#39;t run on XP Pro w/ SP2.

It launches the apps and the icons go into the systray, but the actual kazaa icon vanishes, the klite icon stays, and no kazaa window is to be found anywhere in the system.

I&#39;m wondering if it has to do with the way that SP2 is introducing overflow/overrun protection and changing the way system calls work. it really gets into your pc and re-writes a lotta sh*t...

Anyone else running on SP2 to confirm or deny my scenario right now?

asmithz
01-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by No_carrier@9 January 2004 - 10:39

It launches the apps and the icons go into the systray, but the actual kazaa icon vanishes, the klite icon stays, and no kazaa window is to be found anywhere in the system.

I&#39;m wondering if it has to do with the way that SP2 is introducing overflow/overrun protection and changing the way system calls work. it really gets into your pc and re-writes a lotta sh*t...

Somebody else had this problem, K-lite 2.6 dosen&#39;t support sp2. ;)

Lite
01-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by No_carrier@9 January 2004 - 18:39

ahhh someone else using a BETA service pack and expecting stuff to work propaly.... you might as well just use longhorn&#33; Use a standard finished version of a windows operating system that is designed for a workstation and it will work&#33;

nsane
01-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Lite+9 January 2004 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 9 January 2004 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-No_carrier@9 January 2004 - 18:39
Hmm.&nbsp; Just loaded up the latest version and it won&#39;t run on XP Pro w/ SP2.

I&#39;m wondering if it has to do with the way that SP2 is introducing overflow/overrun protection and changing the way system calls work.&nbsp; it really gets into your pc and re-writes a lotta sh*t...

ahhh someone else using a BETA service pack and expecting stuff to work propaly.... you might as well just use longhorn&#33; Use a standard finished version of a windows operating system that is designed for a workstation and it will work&#33; [/b][/quote]
exactly why i stuck with Win98 First Edition when SE first came out, and why do people even use beta OS&#39;s?, you have to know SOMETHING will go wrong, it&#39;s a beta for christ&#39;s sake :rolleyes:

Lite
01-10-2004, 12:19 AM
A Update should be ready soon- my PC is sorted so can get back to work :o :D

mayhs
01-10-2004, 01:17 AM
why dont you add the download to download.com since its legal they sharman cant force it off theere like kazaa lite.

asmithz
01-10-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by mayhs@9 January 2004 - 17:17
why dont you add the download to download.com since its legal they sharman cant force it off theere like kazaa lite.
It just thoght to be legal, Lite dosen&#39;t know for sure. Also c|net would not want to toutch it. They don&#39;t want to deal with sharmen anymore.

RavenSoft
01-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Just curious if anyone has taken the initiative to sign up over at http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php and request from seraphielx the chance to help beta test eWall, the p2p firewall program currently being made to replace the unacceptable program peerguardian and hopefully all p2p in program ip filtering since you really have no way of seeing it do its job. :unsure: Another build was released and more bugs were killed. Its really turning out to be a good program. B)

kazaaman
01-10-2004, 02:09 AM
What happened to Razz and everything?

I only see Lite and FtFakes and shit postin about the new releases :huh: ??

Any way if anyone might tell me if they know what happened to Razz i would appreciate it &#33;&#33;

And 1 more thing.......

Is there any way we can make KMD look like good old Kazaa LIte K++ 2.43?

Like if we make a skin of Kazaa Lite K++ 2.43.... Can we make KMD look like K-LIte??

Just wonderin........... :P

Good work

kazaaman
01-10-2004, 02:15 AM
NVM just shoot mee

I am a fucking dumbass :frusty:

I was on the installer and i saw "Enable Xp Look"

I am so stupid....

asmithz
01-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by kazaaman@9 January 2004 - 18:09

I only see Lite and FtFakes and shit postin about the new releases :huh: ??

Any way if anyone might tell me if they know what happened to Razz i would appreciate it &#33;&#33;
Lite wanted to work FTFakes instead of Razz. So Lite an Razz stoped working together. I really don&#39;t know where Razz whet, i gusse since Lite didn&#39;t want to work Razz dosen&#39;t want to make #KLChat anymore.

And 1 more thing.......

Is there any way we can make KMD look like good old Kazaa LIte K++ 2.43?

Like if we make a skin of Kazaa Lite K++ 2.43.... Can we make KMD look like K-LIte??

Just wonderin........... :P

Good work

If you were here when K-Lite first started it look very much like K-lite 2.6 does now. It takes time to get there. Remember this is still a beta.

YeCkeL
01-10-2004, 05:39 AM
Just curious if anyone has taken the initiative to sign up over at http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php and request from seraphielx the chance to help beta test eWall, the p2p firewall program currently being made to replace the unacceptable program peerguardian and hopefully all p2p in program ip filtering since you really have no way of seeing it do its job.&nbsp; Another build was released and more bugs were killed. Its really turning out to be a good program.

I am i will install and update i have had stuff going on with school buizzy

Lite
01-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Agent Smith+10 January 2004 - 02:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 10 January 2004 - 02:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kazaaman@9 January 2004 - 18:09

I only see Lite and FtFakes and shit postin about the new releases&nbsp; :huh: ??

Lite wanted to work FTFakes instead of Razz. So Lite an Razz stoped working together. I really don&#39;t know where Razz whet, i gusse since Lite didn&#39;t want to work Razz dosen&#39;t want to make #KLChat anymore. [/b][/quote]
Wrong Agent ;)

Razz gave up work on the project - lack of time.

Name changed because Razz didnt like the &#39;legal&#39; side of the build.

asmithz
01-10-2004, 10:03 AM
K, you told me differant but thats cool.

Lite
01-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Agent Smith@10 January 2004 - 10:03
K, you told me differant but thats cool.
i told you in more detail... That i dont want to make public ;)

FTFakes
01-10-2004, 01:16 PM
An update for khancer will be available soon.
It allows you to set some options and a custom startpage.
And the about box is no longer empty :D

Lite
01-10-2004, 03:32 PM
An update Should be ready in 20-30 minutes (RC10&#33;)

rafi_d
01-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Lite@10 January 2004 - 16:32
And the hiLites ? :) (perhaps - multi-search-more ? :unsure: )

Lite
01-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Sorry Rafi_D, not yet :(

Well Its Here RC10, See My First Post For The Link As Usual B)

Changes In RC10
===============
* Added &#39;New Look&#39; To Installer
* Updated Khancer
* Added &#39;About&#39;
* Change Runtimes - Removed RICHTX32.OCX And Added MSCOMCTL.OCX
* Toolbar Can Now Be Hidden
* Startpage Can Now Be Custom
* The Custom Pages Can Be Turned Off
* Updated Notes
* Updated FAQ
* Added New Componants To Installer
* Updated WebPages
* Changed The KMD Install Process (For Legality Reasons) - Read Notes For More Information
* Fixed A Few Grammer Mistakes
* Minor Fixes

MSlv
01-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Any link to dl from?

Lite
01-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by MSlv@10 January 2004 - 16:14
Any link to dl from?
click the link in on the first post and that will take you to somewhere where you can download from ;)

MSlv
01-10-2004, 05:12 PM
thanks for that. No problem if I put it on my site?

Lite
01-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by MSlv@10 January 2004 - 17:12
thanks for that. No problem if I put it on my site?
yeh sure, put them on your site

FTFakes
01-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by rafi_d+10 January 2004 - 17:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rafi_d &#064; 10 January 2004 - 17:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Lite@10 January 2004 - 16:32
And the hiLites ? :) (perhaps - multi-search-more ? :unsure: )[/b][/quote]
The auto-search-more feature is the next thing i will work on. It doesen&#39;t work correctly in the advanced search view. I&#39;ll fix that and add support for cycling through all search tabs ;)

rafi_d
01-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes@10 January 2004 - 18:35
The auto-search-more feature is the next thing i will work on. It doesen&#39;t work correctly in the advanced search view. I&#39;ll fix that and add support for cycling through all search tabs ;)
Thanks. I&#39;ll download & check it out then (on my Win98).
BTW -
Any new version for KZN (I have 1.4.8 rc1) ?

FTFakes
01-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by rafi_d+10 January 2004 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rafi_d @ 10 January 2004 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FTFakes@10 January 2004 - 18:35
The auto-search-more feature is the next thing i will work on. It doesen&#39;t work correctly in the advanced search view. I&#39;ll fix that and add support for cycling through all search tabs&nbsp; ;)
BTW -
Any new version for KZN (I have 1.4.8 rc1) ? [/b][/quote]
i have KZN 1.4.8 RC2 :P
but i have forgotten what i&#39;ve changed since RC1 :lol:
unfortunately i have no time to work on it at the moment as khancer has a higher priority for me.

Lite
01-10-2004, 06:26 PM
i dont have either :( :lol:

I think its time for our first "Final" Release also, i shall release two "Pre-Releases" though before this time, just to make sure its as "Bug-Free" as possible

rafi_d
01-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes+10 January 2004 - 19:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FTFakes &#064; 10 January 2004 - 19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rafi_d@10 January 2004 - 18:48
<!--QuoteBegin-FTFakes@10 January 2004 - 18:35
BTW -
Any new version for KZN (I have 1.4.8 rc1) ?
i have KZN 1.4.8 RC2 :P
but i have forgotten what i&#39;ve changed since RC1 :lol:
unfortunately i have no time to work on it at the moment as khancer has a higher priority for me. [/b][/quote]
If you think it was the lowering of the CPU load - post ( or PM) me it&#39;s link, and I&#39;ll check it. No strings attached, and no bugs feedback until you are finished with the multi-search-more for this "final" release of you and Lite (I hope... )

Entity101
01-10-2004, 07:11 PM
The filemenu (file, options, etc.) seems to be a bit slower in RC10. It just feels a bit different. Anyone else noticing it, or is it just me?

isamma
01-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi all i am back again with vey big smile :D

my site has the new k-lite 2.6 rc10 and it has again the khancer with extra three features in it :D B)

Ps. i will test this rc and give my bugs suggestions report later in this fourm and the new one too B)

i have to Mention this again the option to creat a shortcut for my shaerd folder is not poberly configured lite???? ;) B)

keep on the good work :)

RileyF
01-10-2004, 08:01 PM
bugreport:

Khancer options...

when i put my cursor in the startpage / custom startpage i flashes automatically away en goes where the cursor was flashing (auto search more box)..

and the systray icon looks a bit messy/ blurrier / unsharp

hope you understand..

that&#39;s for now..

Lite
01-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by isamma@10 January 2004 - 19:51
i have to mesion this again the otion to creat a shortcut for my shaerd folder is not poberly configured lite???? ;) B)
oopppps, its sorted now for the next "Pre-Release"

the khancer bugs will be sorted soon aswell

DawG_M
01-10-2004, 10:05 PM
RC10
Startpage si still blank and
Opening Bad Ip updater or Host manager crashes K-lite
winxp sp1

noneofexion
01-10-2004, 10:23 PM
rc10: excellent work lite+ftfakes, some more suggestions (some probably mentioned by others):

-still get invalid path/ini when starting bad ip updater (note: didn&#39;t install to default location, installed to d:&#092;k-lite instead)

-integrate the auto search more window into the actual search pane (instead of being a floating window) so its under the search buttons in both quick and advanced p2p searches

-additional context window (right-click) option that allows "preview with>avi preview" in traffic

-integrated accelerator (instead of an additional program that has to be run) as part of khancer would be cool

-the help/about window flashes on and off (active and inactive) a bunch of times when opened

-when clicking the my shared folder button off the toolbar it opens normally (in foreground), when opening in the tools menu it opens under kazaa in the background... in fact all programs called via the tools menu (instead of the toolbar buttons) open minimized/under the kazaa window instead of in the foreground

-max search results in options should be set to 200, anything else gives you an error message

erRor67
01-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Nice with the new build

My minor will be updated shortly

erRor67
01-11-2004, 01:04 AM
ok, my minor now has RC10

or
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman/klite26rc10.exe

isamma
01-11-2004, 02:19 AM
HI all this the last trick i found about webpage problem for the moment

use the following link for your home page in k-lite 2.6 rc 10

index (http://myimages.fourvalve.com/index/) :D B)

This site will be modified every day or so but we wait for you Ftfakes :rolleyes:

Give me your ideas :) B)

Pm me or create better ones :lol: B)

Dale
01-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by isamma@11 January 2004 - 02:19

usew the following linke for your home poage in k-lite 2.6 rc 10

This site will be modified every day or so :rolleyes:

it worked&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: thanks thanks thanks&#33;&#33;

erRor67
01-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by isamma@10 January 2004 - 18:19

This site will be modified every day or so but we wait for you Ftfakes :rolleyes:

well, when i click the link it works- the site shows
but when i set it as the default page for k-Lite, the web is still blank

jon20usa
01-11-2004, 04:41 AM
great work, but i think the hosts file is slightly overdone. i know i know i didnt have to install it but i dont want all that other kazaa garbage. but when i go to mail.excite.com to get my mail it blocks excite&#39;s logo which is hoster by imgfarm.com. it doesnt really bother me except that there is that little box with an x and i dont really want to use edexter to get rid of this. wut can i do. i heard that khancer will take care of that when its running but its not running when im in internet explorer. thanks. keep up the good work.

nsane
01-11-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by jon20usa@10 January 2004 - 22:41
great work, but i think the hosts file is slightly overdone. i know i know i didnt have to install it but i dont want all that other kazaa garbage. but when i go to mail.excite.com to get my mail it blocks excite&#39;s logo which is hoster by imgfarm.com. it doesnt really bother me except that there is that little box with an x and i dont really want to use edexter to get rid of this. wut can i do. i heard that khancer will take care of that when its running but its not running when im in internet explorer. thanks. keep up the good work.
Use the Host Manager to remove url&#39;s you dont&#39;t want to block

or open &#39;C:&#092;Windows&#092;Hosts&#39; (no file extension) in notepad and search for url&#39;s, this is what i do it&#39;s a little quicker

Nost
01-11-2004, 01:23 PM
I realize this may not be the place for this, but I&#39;ve been following this since development since rc1. I thought you guys might find this interesting, and would like your opinion on it. http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=93312 B)

ChromeX
01-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Well, the RC10 is very nice, it&#39;s all ok, but the bad ip ranges in update status says &#39;invalid file path, check ini&#39;

The Khancer toolbar: why dont make the XP look buttons? The background is also different from the other toolbars.

And i don&#39;t really like this little bug:

http://chromex.altervista.org/other/Clipboard02.gif

And also in the other tools, all the buttons are different...why dont make the XP look for all the buttons, not for the Khancer toolbar only? :) XP look for all the kazaa + k tools :) later, and tnx for the great release ;)

marke
01-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Is it better than Kazaa Lite 2.4.4
Last time I tried KLCHAT RC7 - that was bullshit&#33;

Lite
01-11-2004, 04:13 PM
You will have to check it out for yourself, most people say it is good.

RC10b should be avalible soon

Lite
01-11-2004, 04:57 PM
RC10b is now avalible:

Changes In RC10b
===============
* Updated Notes
* Updated FAQ
* Fixed My Shared Folder Desktop Icon
* Fixed Runtime Placement
* New Small Graphic In The Installer
* Minor Fixes

See my first post for the link as usual

Risknothin
01-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Hey lite im having trouble changing my shared folder i click on the locate button but it won&#39;t let me change.

Nevermind i found it

Lite
01-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Risknothin@11 January 2004 - 17:29
Hey lite im having trouble changing my shared folder i click on the locate button but it won&#39;t let me change.
use the config wizard

noneofexion
01-11-2004, 05:31 PM
so is kppdata.twizt3d.com no more?

Lite
01-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by noneofexion@11 January 2004 - 17:31
so is kppdata.twizt3d.com no more?
smiths current host is shit :rolleyes: and he is looking into what he can do.

We(me and FTFakes) have got hosting at fasttrackhelp now :D , its a very fast and reliable server :D

FTFakes
01-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by RileyF@10 January 2004 - 21:01
when i put my cursor in the startpage / custom startpage i flashes automatically away en goes where the cursor was flashing (auto search more box)..

and the systray icon looks a bit messy/ blurrier / unsharp

the auto search more window get focus all the time. this happens only when search tab is open. i&#39;ll try to fix that in the next vesion (the icon too).

FTFakes
01-11-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by DawG_M@10 January 2004 - 23:05
RC10
Startpage si still blank and
Opening Bad Ip updater or Host manager crashes K-lite
winxp sp1
please try http://www.fasttrackhelp.com as startpage and hit home and refresh.

Does K-Lite crash when you open the tools from the menu or from the toolbar?

StyleWarz
01-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys... RC10b is working rock stable here... Yeah... :D

FTFakes
01-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by noneofexion@10 January 2004 - 23:23
-integrate the auto search more window into the actual search pane (instead of being a floating window) so its under the search buttons in both quick and advanced p2p searches
i tried to integrate it into the search pane but Sharman seems to have some kind of protection against it. it would have to repaint the auto search more window every second what would cause it to flicker all the time. <_<

-additional context window (right-click) option that allows "preview with>avi preview" in traffic
already on my todo list. will take some time.

-integrated accelerator (instead of an additional program that has to be run) as part of khancer would be cool
also already on my todo list. will take some time.

-the help/about window flashes on and off (active and inactive) a bunch of times when opened
i&#39;ll try to fix that.

-when clicking the my shared folder button off the toolbar it opens normally (in foreground), when opening in the tools menu it opens under kazaa in the background... in fact all programs called via the tools menu (instead of the toolbar buttons) open minimized/under the kazaa window instead of in the foreground
i&#39;ll try to fix that too.

FTFakes
01-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by isamma@11 January 2004 - 03:19

I&#39;m not very creative when it comes to web design :lol:
Lite is the man for that job :P

_Ender_
01-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by FTFakes+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FTFakes)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-noneofexion
i tried to integrate it into the search pane but Sharman seems to have some kind of protection against it. it would have to repaint the auto search more window every second what would cause it to flicker all the time.
i tried to integrate it into the search pane but Sharman seems to have some kind of protection against it. it would have to repaint the auto search more window every second what would cause it to flicker all the time. <_< [/b][/quote]

then maybe you could put the auto search more box in the same place that the accelerator box thing was for KL Extensions. Or is that protected aswell?

FTFakes
01-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Bishtawiman@11 January 2004 - 03:37
well, when i click the link it works- the site shows
but when i set it as the default page for k-Lite, the web is still blank
make sure that the internal webserver and webserver error messages are enabled. the url for the startpage has to include http:// or file:// &#33;

FTFakes
01-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ChromeX@11 January 2004 - 14:36
Well, the RC10 is very nice, it&#39;s all ok, but the bad ip ranges in update status says &#39;invalid file path, check ini&#39;

The Khancer toolbar: why dont make the XP look buttons? The background is also different from the other toolbars.
i&#39;ll take care about the look when all features are included and bug free :rolleyes:

And i don&#39;t really like this little bug:

http://chromex.altervista.org/other/Clipboard02.gif
this is a bug of kmd not khancer. but i can fix that. again...when everything else is done or if i&#39;m very bored :P

And also in the other tools, all the buttons are different...why dont make the XP look for all the buttons, not for the Khancer toolbar only? :) XP look for all the kazaa + k tools :) later, and tnx for the great release ;)
no comment :P

jon20usa
01-11-2004, 07:08 PM
hey all. u guys are doing a great job. just one question. is there a way u can create an updater so i dont have to keep uninstalling and then reinstalling the new version? it would be reallly helpful. i know it could be complicated but i think it would be nice and help lots of people. keep up the good work. :ph34r:

Lite
01-11-2004, 07:27 PM
ill see what i can do :01:

RileyF
01-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by _Ender_+11 January 2004 - 19:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_Ender_ @ 11 January 2004 - 19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FTFakes@
<!--QuoteBegin-noneofexion
i tried to integrate it into the search pane but Sharman seems to have some kind of protection against it. it would have to repaint the auto search more window every second what would cause it to flicker all the time.
i tried to integrate it into the search pane but Sharman seems to have some kind of protection against it. it would have to repaint the auto search more window every second what would cause it to flicker all the time. <_<

then maybe you could put the auto search more box in the same place that the accelerator box thing was for KL Extensions. Or is that protected aswell? [/b][/quote]
hmz yeah indeed, KLE had some work around with the auto search more button (KLE 0.57a displays the box also good in 2.6) so email rocko, he&#39;s there to help.

erRor67
01-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Ok, my minor is updated with the lastest build, RC10b

http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman/ <=site
or
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman/...lite26rc10b.exe (http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman/files/klite26rc10b.exe) <=direct download

laters :)

Entity101
01-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Maybe it is a good idea to include something in one of the readme files that says that this package isn&#39;t in any way related to the K-Lite Codec Pack.

Just to avoid confusion because of the name.

isamma
01-12-2004, 12:29 AM
hi all lovers of K-Lite :lol:

i have updated the web page of K-Lite 2.6 to this
index (http://myimages.fourvalve.com/index/)

plz give me your Opinions :01:

plz try every link and report it if it is not working???? :blink: ;) B)

noneofexion
01-12-2004, 01:45 AM
here are some better icons (less compression artifacts) for the custom startpage in K-Lite... they have the same names as the original files, but make sure to change the dimensions in the index HTML from 34x34 to 32x32. all the new icons here are 32x32... (theyll look distorted otherwise)

http://myimages.fourvalve.com/noneofexion/avip.jpg
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/noneofexion/detsp.jpg
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/noneofexion/kdat.jpg
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/noneofexion/ksig.jpg
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/noneofexion/kzn.jpg
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/noneofexion/shared.jpg
http://myimages.fourvalve.com/noneofexion/ss.jpg

erRor67
01-12-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by isamma@11 January 2004 - 16:29
hi all lovers of K-Lite :lol:

i have updated the web page of K-Lite 2.6 to this
index (http://myimages.fourvalve.com/index/)

plz give me your Opinions :01:

plz try every link and report it if it is not working???? :blink: ;) B)
Suggestions: You should add other minors besides yours.

And how did you get the scroll bar on the other side of the window?

DVD PIRATE III
01-12-2004, 05:24 AM
i havent used kazaa since 2.1.0 and thought Id give this version a shot...
i had it installed for a total of 15 mins..great work whoever created but it doesnt work for me..my CPU usage shot through the roof, i had weird files appearing on my desktop..Basically it was a mess..

Bring back Paul or whoever was working on the 2.10,2.43 versions

nsane
01-12-2004, 06:10 AM
Everyone i made an installer for k-lite rc10b that incudes kazaa.exe & magnet.exe in the install, so theres no need to download kazaa, you can get it off my site and ill try to keep up to date with any new versions

Lite
01-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@12 January 2004 - 05:24
i had it installed for a total of 15 mins..great work whoever created but it doesnt work for me..my CPU usage shot through the roof, i had weird files appearing on my desktop..Basically it was a mess..

thats strange :blink: , what files where they and what process was using 100%

j4y3m
01-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by nsane@12 January 2004 - 06:10
Everyone i made an installer for k-lite rc10b that incudes kazaa.exe & magnet.exe in the install, so theres no need to download kazaa, you can get it off my site and ill try to keep up to date with any new versions
Thanks...Good Job

Entity101
01-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Another khancer suggestion:

When khancer exits it should check if there is an entry in HKLM&#092;..&#092;run called KAZAA. If there is one it should change the value to the location of khancer.exe

This way you can let K-Lite start with Windows properly.

DVD PIRATE III
01-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Lite+12 January 2004 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 12 January 2004 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DVD PIRATE III@12 January 2004 - 05:24

thats strange :blink: , what files where they and what process was using 100% [/b][/quote]
I cant remember the name of the file on my desktop that it left.but it was a kazaa process that was using all the cpu usage.. I dont really know if this is the normal thing with this new version, as I havent used kazaa in a while, but I had 2 kazaa icons in my systray ..gonna give it another shot later on tonight and see if it was a one off thing :huh:
Any tips, pointers,help would be appreciated as Im keen on seeing what the fuss is all about with this new version :D