PDA

View Full Version : Why Aren't These Video Clips Playing Correctly?

Soundscape
01-06-2004, 04:51 AM
hi everyone. i'm new here.

i've downloaded a couple of hendrix concert files, but after it downloads it says 'error downloading' at the bottom. the sound will play, but there's no picture.

i appreciate any help.

rf9rider
01-06-2004, 05:02 AM
Have you got the latest Codec pack installed?

And what are you trying to watch them with?

Soundscape
01-06-2004, 05:32 AM
nope. should i download the full of basic vesion? i'm using windows media player, but it won't play if i click on the theater tab and try to watch from there or windows media player.

rf9rider
01-06-2004, 05:42 AM
Download the full pack, then download Videolan from www videolan.org.

The theatre player is a bit buggy, with Videolan you`ll find you can play and preview most of youre video and mp3 files.

If you go into the TIPS forum, there is a post there by Musleman that shows how to install Videolan into the Tools drop down menu. Good luck.

Soundscape
01-06-2004, 06:33 AM
do i really need to download the codek pack? someone else has suggested that if i download videolan it should fix it.

and i suppose need to download videolan from videolan.org before i follow the steps that muscleman posted?

i'm having 1 other problem. when i try to open klite++2.6 it say that the setup has detected that clean kmd is still running even though i've disconnected and closed out of it. why?

rf9rider
01-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Download the codec pack, that way you`ll be sure to have them, you will have to download Videolan first to install it!

Dunno about the other problem......sorry.

Edit- Are you sure you closed it? Have you clicked on the small icon in youre tray and clicked on exit?

Soundscape
01-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by rf9rider@6 January 2004 - 06:37
Are you sure you closed it? Have you clicked on the small icon in youre tray and clicked on exit?
what small icon are you refering to? i went to file, clicked on diconnect. back to file, and clicked close. am i missing something?

rf9rider
01-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Bottom of the screen, in the tool bar, you might see a small icon with the letter K in it, if you see it, click on it and click on exit.

If you dont see it, you should be disconnected.

What version are you using?

Soundscape
01-06-2004, 07:08 AM
thanks for your help

i'm using vesion 2.6, and i don't see any small icon with a k in it.

Cyril
01-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Then you should uninstall the version you are not using otherwise may cause other problems.

Soundscape
01-06-2004, 10:08 AM
i'm only using 2.6, and it's the only one i've installed

Cyril
01-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Sorry, forgot 2.6 was also Clean KMD.

It must already be open, and will normally have an icon showing on the icon tray at bottom right of desktop. You can't exit by closing window or file/exit - have to close from the icon tray

Soundscape
01-09-2004, 05:29 AM
i installed the full version of the lates codek pack and the movies now play the picture. thanks for the help.

should i still go ahead and download videolan?

rf9rider
01-09-2004, 05:38 AM
Yes, as sometimes this is the only player that will play certain files, and as i said before, it can preview video files AND mp3 files