PDA

View Full Version : Xvid To Divx

falticska
01-06-2004, 06:33 PM
If somebody knows where may I find a guide to recopress Xvid to Divx and VBR in CBR whitout that skewfrom the video stream :01:

cwctv
01-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Why did you open a file in VirtualDub and it said that ?

muchspl2
01-06-2004, 07:47 PM
well I didn't want to sound stupid but why do you need to do that ?

falticska
01-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@6 January 2004 - 19:47
well I didn't want to sound stupid but why do you need to do that ?
becouse my home cinema does not play Xvid only Divx.....

falticska
01-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@6 January 2004 - 19:26
ALLREADY DONE IT BUT WHEN I RECOMPRESS THE AUDIO I HAVE 3.7 SECONDS IN RETARD THE VIDEO OR THE AUDIO IS PLAYNG TO EARLY.....

cwctv
01-06-2004, 11:29 PM
So you have a home Dvd player for dvix like one of these on this site then
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...4288490-4591817 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000B0A4H/ref=br_lf_ce_1/202-4288490-4591817) BUT it will only play divx and not xvid,if yes see if there is a firmware update of which ever the makers name is they might now be doing xvid.

Juriki
01-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Download this one
ftp://ftp.mplik.ru/Multimedia/Codecs/XviD...a3-26122003.exe (ftp://ftp.mplik.ru/Multimedia/Codecs/XviD/XviD-1.0-Beta3-26122003.exe)
then install it & whith "AviC (FourCC changer)" in 1 sec you can change Xvid to Divx:)
& :music1: :D

internet.news
01-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@6 January 2004 - 20:26
Yep, Virtualdub is the best converter ;)

I have a DVD Player which only plays VCD or SVCDs with MPEGs. I also saw a player which can recognize DivX, but the issue with all the players is: Many players play many different formats. It is difficult to find one which plays all formats, means DivX and SVCDs at once.

But I was please to see a payer to play DivX ;)

DivX is better and smaller than VCDs.

cwctv
01-07-2004, 09:50 PM
falticska
This isn't finding what you are doing like WHY (or) did you change it in the first place was the movie fine before messing ?
Or was it already off of sync ?
Is it a home dvd or Pc dvd ?
OR i WILL give up because I for one can't make heads or tails of what you are trying to do,yes I know you want to go from xvid to divx but why.
If you did open it in the first place with VirtualDub 7/10 times it says something like
" Xvid to Divx and VBR in CBR whitout that skew from the video stream " but its never caused me a problem (yet).

falticska
01-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by internet.news+7 January 2004 - 21:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 7 January 2004 - 21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cwctv@6 January 2004 - 20:26

I have a DVD Player which only plays VCD or SVCDs with MPEGs. I also saw a player which can recognize DivX, but the issue with all the players is: Many players play many different formats. It is difficult to find one which plays all formats, means DivX and SVCDs at once.

DivX is better and smaller than VCDs. [/b][/quote]
go on e-bay you find a lot of players for svcd vcd Divx and dvd format

falticska
01-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@7 January 2004 - 21:50
falticska
This isn&#39;t finding what you are doing like WHY (or) did you change it in the first place was the movie fine before messing ?
Or was it already off of sync ?
Is it a home dvd or Pc dvd ?
OR i WILL give up because I for one can&#39;t make heads or tails of what you are trying to do,yes I know you want to go from xvid to divx but why.
If you did open it in the first place with VirtualDub 7/10 times it says something like
" Xvid to Divx and VBR in CBR whitout that skew from the video stream " but its never caused me a problem (yet).
the original Xvid format is perfect (or repair vith apropriate tool) vhen I start the process in virtual dubb, before oppening the file, virtual dubb give me a message,something like :" VirtualDub has detected an improper VBRaudio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility.This mai intoduce up to xxxxxx ms of skew from the video stream.If is unacceptable,decompress the entire audio stream to an uncompressed WAW file and recompress with a constant bit rate encoder (bit rate xxx.xx+/-xx.x kbps)

I tryed everything even to recompress with the skew what was tould me from this message,but the best result was half movie god and to the end of the movie again this "skew"......

I suppose I give up I&#39;ll download only movies in Divx.and that&#39;s it thanX folX

falticska
01-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Juriki@7 January 2004 - 21:05
Download this one
ftp://ftp.mplik.ru/Multimedia/Codecs/XviD...a3-26122003.exe (ftp://ftp.mplik.ru/Multimedia/Codecs/XviD/XviD-1.0-Beta3-26122003.exe)
then whith "AviC (FourCC changer)" in 1 sec you can change Xvid in Divx:)
& :music1: :D
Allready done and my 700 Mb of Xvid become 2100 Mb of unreadeble audio Divx

Thanx anyway...

cwctv
01-08-2004, 06:43 PM
As long as the movie plays ok in another player thats fine and it will convert to mpeg if needed, what VirtualDub as found (if I recall) is a soundtrack done with Vbr (variable bite rate) which means that when playing it finds the best low and high notes to play to you,now VirtualDub doesn&#39;t like this it perfers a Cbr (constant bite rate) which plays at the same rate low or high, if the file plays ok it doesn&#39;t mean you have to change it to another extention.
Alot of music ogg files are done in Vbr that&#39;s why some say their are better me I am keeping out of that everyone as they own veiws on this.
Both bitrates play in my machine so I just cut and watch.
If you want and haven&#39;t go to their site and read how to do or go here.

http://www.divxland.org/video_edition.htm#3

falticska
01-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@6 January 2004 - 23:29
So you have a home Dvd player for dvix like one of these on this site then
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...4288490-4591817 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000B0A4H/ref=br_lf_ce_1/202-4288490-4591817) BUT it will only play divx and not xvid,if yes see if there is a firmware update of which ever the makers name is they might now be doing xvid.
You are a BIG ONE thanx for ideea madeit I&#39;ve found an update for the firmware of my home cinema and plays all formats dvd, svcd,vcd Xvid Dvx Kvcd,I&#39;m happy man not to have to recopress my all colection of movies...

Thanx again

falticska
01-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by internet.news+7 January 2004 - 21:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 7 January 2004 - 21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cwctv@6 January 2004 - 20:26

DivX is better and smaller than VCDs. [/b][/quote]
is not to make publicity of the my home cinema but if you whant a god one try Xoro it is only one handicap they do&#39;nt know ENGLISH only german,I&#39;m verry happy with it....

cwctv
01-08-2004, 11:03 PM
You are a BIG ONE thanx for ideea madeit I&#39;ve found an update for the firmware of my home cinema and plays all formats dvd, svcd,vcd Xvid Dvx Kvcd,I&#39;m happy man not to have to recopress my all colection of movies...

Pleasure smiles all round eh do what I do try and remember to go to the firmware begining of each month so far I have put three on mine in 5 months. :rolleyes:

Just watched Once Upon A Time In Mexico on mine what a rip PERFECT all round pity about the movie not impressed glad I didn&#39;t pay to see it.