PDA

View Full Version : Fake Files

SPLIT
02-27-2003, 04:24 AM
hi i was just wondering if there is a way to make ppl verify that there files are actually wat they say they r before they r shared because i am sick of downloading a 500mb file to realize it does not work or is some other thing i didnt want and i am sure alot of ppl are with that one and if u r a person who shares fake files just stop it it is annoyin for everyone

Chilly
02-27-2003, 05:05 AM
Welcome to the Forum SPLIT ;)

Yes it does suck and it is really annoying for those with a slower bandwidth. :(

People do it, to raise there Participation Level on Kazaa, or just for a Laugh.

Why dont you preview them if they are movies with Kazaa Preview Extractor. ;)

Or another idea would be to get your programs and films and games from Here (http://www.verifieddownloads.com/)

Using Sig2Dat. ;)

SPLIT
02-27-2003, 09:52 AM
oh ok then well i look there but some of the games dont get found if u no any other good places to get games from that would be awesome i would greatly apreciate if any one could for me hey

SPLIT

Chilly
02-27-2003, 10:04 AM
If your after Games of all sorts from Arcade to computer's go Here (http://www.classicgaming.com/)

And download an Emulater. ;)

KANADIANborn
02-27-2003, 10:24 AM
How does one get the sig2dat from the website? I've read the instructions, which says that one needs sig2dat to use the links, then goes into a discription of what sig2dat is....but dosen't tell me how to get the links :( I says something about "desktop verified", but I don't know where that is? :blink:

Chilly
02-27-2003, 10:48 AM
If you go Here (http://doa2.host.sk/help.htm) it will tell you how to use it ;)

KANADIANborn
02-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Ok.... <_< The link you provided shows me how to install kazaa. The section on sig2dat shows how make a hash... What I&#39;m asking is, where are (how do I get) the hashes from the website you provided. I&#39;ve tried the links but it takes me back to the main-page and the "read instructions". :blink:

Sig2Dat is a plugin for Kazaa that allows you to download files through Kazaa based on links you click. The links contain signatures for these verified files. When you click a link in DesktopVerified, Sig2Dat catches that click and writes this info into Kazaa, allowing you to download that particular file. You don&#39;t need to search Kazaa for the file, simply open Kazaa and the file will be in your download queue. The file will not appear in Kazaa if Kazaa is already running. Keep Kazaa closed until you&#39;re done clicking links.

Tells me what it is "supposed" to do, but I can&#39;t get it...to do it..

Chilly
02-27-2003, 11:53 AM
No Offence ;)

This should explain better :)
Sig2Dat Help (http://info4p2p.bravepages.com/help/S2D.htm)

KANADIANborn
02-28-2003, 10:36 PM
I must be an idiot, because I still cant get it to work :huh: I read "page 3" of the link that was provided. Looked at the Verified Downloads webpage, but they do not use this feature. It says that sig2dat catches the link, then when K-Lite is started, the files will be there in traffic...no joy :blink: oh well, guess I&#39;ll have to use the good ole fashioned way..."search"

BTW that Verified Downloads site looks to be nothing more than click, click, click we&#39;re #1 on a warz poll, click, click, get no where... :rolleyes:

starship1st
02-28-2003, 11:20 PM
I had a similar problem and then I went to "Verifieds" and joined FAST TRACK CENTRAL. Now you click and the file is there once you bring up kazaa.

If kazaa is running the file will not appear until you close out and come back in. A lot simplar than copying files or draging them into the sig2dat window.

Good Luck&#33;

:D

SolidWing68
03-01-2003, 06:16 AM
I downloaded splinter cell for pc, full version supposedly..and with a file size of over 700 MB. When my download finished..guess what it was? a ms-dos executable

Ron
03-01-2003, 07:01 AM
Hey, why don&#39;t you use the verifieds on this forum?
And if there&#39;s something you need, just post it in the proper room. If someone has it, he&#39;ll post a hash. :)

J'Pol
03-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Use sigs from the Verifieds sections. They will be what they say they are. That is the point. If anything isn&#39;t what it claims to be then let people know, by posting in the thread. I have never seen it happen.

To use a Quicklink. They are blue and underlined. Just make sure K-lite is running and click on the link the download will start automatically. Most people use these now and it is the easiest method. Look in the verifieds and you will see loads.

To use the hashes. They just look like 3 lines of text. Highlight the whole 3 lines and copy to the clipboard (ctl + c). Then open sig2dat and paste from clipboard, option at top. Re-start K-*lite and the download will start. Remember you will have to wait a wee while before you see a lot happening.

Good Luck

Dustin Timberleg
03-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Why can&#39;t the CIA round up all the fake file sharers, dress them in red boiler suits and ship them and their fake files off to Cuba. See how they&#39;d like that.

al_birkett
03-01-2003, 09:19 PM
We should have a disscussion room for fakes where ppl can post them when they download fakes. You can rename the file so no-one downloads it from you or write a word file and put it in your shared folder telling others
:lol: :lol:

larsson is god
03-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Whenever I&#39;ve came across a fake file, or one which contains corrupt data, instead of deleting it I&#39;ve been changing the file information to include things like "THIS IS A FAKE" or "DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS". If everyone did this everytime they came across a fake, although it wouldnt completely slove the problem, it would certainly make it less annoying.

Ciao

jetje
03-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Always try the find more a few times check the + sign in front (if your lucky enough to get that +) if so there is alway a nice person who renames the faked one to the correct name. You see different names in the list than just forget it. B)

alextheseal
03-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Or you can report it to us and we will block it. Included in the program is a fakes reporting system.

Peerbuddy for Kazaa A P2P Firewall/Quality Filter Beta block list now at 2,200,000 IP’s blocked.

The block list has been updated and now currently blocks over 2,200,000 IP addresses. New additions to the list are being found daily. Beta users will get an email with an update link. New beta users are encouraged to join at http://www.isopleth.com/peerbuddy.htm . No Ad-ware, Spy-ware or viruses.

PeerBuddy is a mini firewall for P2P (Kazaa, EMule, etc). The program filters out the IP addresses of people who share blank, or faked files and it prevents you from wasting your time downloading those bad files. This will help with your downloads since a number of organizations and individuals are sharing bad and blank files out there. It is also going to be blocking known email miners, stalkers, spammers and surveillance companies.

Ron
03-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Errm, IMHO that will eventually kill this community, Alex.
Suppose I d/l a movie, but get the wrong one.
While I&#39;m watching the fake, people start d/L from me.
My IP gets on the blacklist, and nobody with your program will ever get anything from me again. Not even the good ones......
EVERYBODY has a fake on his PC now and then, unless you only use the verifieds, which I think not too many people do.
Secondly, what about dynamic IP&#39;s?
I share a fake, my current IP gets blocked. I disconnect, come back on with another IP, and continue to share.
After a few days, a whole set of IP&#39;s is blocked.
People who get my previous IP won&#39;t be able to share either.
This will have an avalanche effect.
Just look at the numbers. You&#39;re still in beta, and have blocked 2.200.000 IP&#39;s already?
My God, your users won&#39;t be able to d/l a thing pretty soon......
Good luck with your program, but not really.... :angry:

KANADIANborn
03-05-2003, 05:29 PM
I use the links section of this site now, and have no troubles with any of the links(fast track)...except Verified Downloads <_< . I don&#39;t get it. When ever I click a file (at other sites, sig2dat would pop up catch the hash then shut down) I&#39;m sent back to the main page. Is there a login/account I must use?(didn&#39;t see any) I have read the instructions. Tried to catch a link/hash with kazaa running/not running, running then reboot kazaa, still can&#39;t get it to work. I only point I could see to this site is "pennies for pop-ups" with their advertisment ;) .

Has/does anyone use Verifieddownloads.com ? if so,...how&#33;?&#33; :blink:

I just want to know because there is "tons" of files "posted"