PDA

View Full Version : Faster Downloading

curtdany
02-27-2003, 04:26 AM
I have a new high speed connection, but I don't understand why when I find files to share with a high bandwidth and an ETA of seconds (usually under a minute) they still go slow. I have in the past been able to download as fast as 120-130 kb/s. I don't understand the inconsistency. Are there any suggestions or hints to make my downloads more consistent? ;)

Fatal Error
02-27-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by curtdany@26 February 2003 - 23:26
I have a new high speed connection, but I don't understand why when I find files to share with a high bandwidth and an ETA of seconds (usually under a minute) they still go slow.  I have in the past been able to download as fast as 120-130 kb/s.  I don't understand the inconsistency.  Are there any suggestions or hints to make my downloads more consistent? ;)
I find that if I disable KaZup and use Speed Up with the find more sources option set at 120 secs. I get faster downloads. I also find this to be the case when there are multiple users sharing a file. :D

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-27-2003, 06:10 AM
Don' forget to keep searching for the file and enable autosearchmore in combination with Speed-up and/or KaZap!.

sleepnmojo
02-27-2003, 06:15 AM
I believe that is the programs best guess of how fast it will finish. Its not set in stone. It will also go down with more users. Usually when i search, i don't get the 40 some users i get in my search, but a handful. Leave on ur get more sources, and it should pick up.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-27-2003, 06:20 AM
Yep, there are many factors on how your bandwidth is used for DL'ing. Thats why its good to have a good amount of sources before downloading and even while your still downloading. Most of the time, users won't have any upload slots open or their U/L bandwidth is being take up by someone else. It's just luck of the draw, faith and patience :o :huh: